The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I think the best time to sell is when you think "wow this is actually insane", maybe wait a few days to be sure lol, and just look at the chart. It looks like a shark fin for me :(

REQ was one of my long term holds, but I sold temporarily to put more into CSC. I may take some CSC profits if it all works out, and get back in for the long term.

Yeah just get in before March :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Wow guys, the up and down with the crypto market is driving me nuts.. Any type of technical analysis or predictions i've made have been off. I was up 1,200, lost it all.. now im down 300 bucks.. trying to decide if I should sell my ripple and xlm tonight at a 300 dollar lost as I fear tomorrow it might go less.. OR hold on and hope that in the next few days - weekend it goes up.. What is everyone thinking?

I know robinhood is going to start offering buying/selling of crypto in february and I thought that would drive the price up, but the market is still red today..

I don't want to be a dingus. But if you've been doing "technical analysis" in the current market and thinking you should enter? Your TA skills are lacking.

We're quite clearly in a bear market right now. Could be reaching the bottom though.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Anybody here thinks that bitoin is big bubble? And that it's not fast lane?

Are you building business? Are you providing value?

All my slow lane friends keep talking about it. Often it's a sign to stay off.
You’ve put my exact thoughts into words.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
I think this is going to be a tough one to pull off. I do see them getting over the 10 billion dollar mark, but they have a ton of competition. Long term I have my money on Ambrosus.

Just don't see anyone on the same level to be honest. I can't see any other BAAS (Blockchain as a service) platform with similar partnerships or the same level of adoption. The writing's on the wall.

Ambrosus should do well though. No reason why they can't be way up the list as well. Projects that are outside the 'speculative bubble' should flurish!

Last edited:

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Wow guys, the up and down with the crypto market is driving me nuts.. Any type of technical analysis or predictions i've made have been off. I was up 1,200, lost it all.. now im down 300 bucks.. trying to decide if I should sell my ripple and xlm tonight at a 300 dollar lost as I fear tomorrow it might go less.. OR hold on and hope that in the next few days - weekend it goes up.. What is everyone thinking?

I know robinhood is going to start offering buying/selling of crypto in february and I thought that would drive the price up, but the market is still red today..

You can't expect to achieve 1000% gains, and not experience 50% loses. It's crypto. It's volitle.

You're clearly not an experienced day trader. Therefore, I suggest investing into a few projects you believe have a strong future, and just wait it out. Why did you buy ripple? Why did you buy XLM?

If you can't find any projects you like, then it's probably a better idea to withdraw your money and use it to fund another venture. Good luck!

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
You can't expect to achieve 1000% gains, and not experience 50% loses. It's crypto. It's volitle.

You're clearly not an experienced day trader. Therefore, I suggest investing into a few projects you believe have a strong future, and just wait it out. Why did you buy ripple? Why did you buy XLM?

If you can't find any projects you like, then it's probably a better idea to withdraw your money and use it to fund another venture. Good luck!

AThanks, Im holding on right now and hoping things bounce back up again which im sure they will! But it is looking scary!

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Man do I regret buying in last week. This is a good lesson to always have some Bitcoin in your portfolio.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Man do I regret buying in last week. This is a good lesson to always have some Bitcoin in your portfolio.

Yes this is making me sick looking at these charts! This is crazy and makes me just want to sell a huge loss.. who knows if it will bounce back.

Lucky Chevy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 2, 2018
Northern Virginia

Looks like everything just went on sale. I'm going to start picking up some short term positions. I'm going to accumulate a bit over the next week in case we haven't reached the bottom. I wouldn't wager more than your "FU" budget permits. Let's not kid ourselves, we're putting our money on black at the roulette table and asking the attendant to "spin it".

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
A great one for the future is HPB, it dubbed the Chinese EOS, however I personally think it will be superior, its also supported by NEO, LSK & OMG are also coins to look at with good solid potential.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
Guys, a question for the seasoned crypto players in this thread:

Do you think that we had this massive growth because of the USD Tether introduction and that all values are going back to pre 2017?

I just watched this
View: https://youtu.be/XpvmRJZDfoE
and it left me very concerned.

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Yes this is making me sick looking at these charts! This is crazy and makes me just want to sell a huge loss.. who knows if it will bounce back.
Nah brah, the community is too massive to stop at this level. This bubble is getting to the trillions, similar to the dotcom bubble. I see regulation slowing things down a bit, but it brings legitimacy to the space at the same time.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Nah brah, the community is too massive to stop at this level. This bubble is getting to the trillions, similar to the dotcom bubble. I see regulation slowing things down a bit, but it brings legitimacy to the space at the same time.

Oh, it will bounce back. I think that's a given. Too big to fail at this point from a technology standpoint.

The trick is telling the Amazons & Googles from the AOLs...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Soooo.... I'm exactly breakeven in crypto at this point. :bored:

Just holding on. My intuition is telling me to wait a little while and then buy more. But again, I have no idea what I'm doing. Just watching numbers go up and down.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az

Just holding on. My intuition is telling me to wait a little while and then buy more. But again, I have no idea what I'm doing. Just watching numbers go up and down.
A lot of my gains have been from waiting till I got bored with the dip and bought more to cost average down. Once it gains steam it seems to run a lot faster after big dips. Otherwise I'm in the same boat of just holding for now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017

The entire market has gone way down since its peak of 820 billion so you've entered at the perfect time. You're already buying in at insanely cheap prices right now.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

Dude, just stop looking at the charts. Of course it's going back up.

You only lose when you sell. Unless it was a crash. Which it's not.

Lucky Chevy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 2, 2018
Northern Virginia
we are on the same path , i am here waiting patiently lol
If you are conspiracy oriented I suppose you could think that world banks are doing everything in their power to cripple crypto.

I would recommend that you not fixate on a course of action. Don't be so anxious to go down with the ship. Consider selling and re-buying at a lower price so that the drop in price ultimately works in your favor when the stock recovers.

I think crypo is currently oversold and will recover but I'm not planning on touching it until I see some signs of life.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Try not to watch...

Try not to watch...

:wideyed:

Thus the importance of investing only what you're ok to lose. No doubt it'll go bull again.

Or not.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
If you are conspiracy oriented I suppose you could think that world banks are doing everything in their power to cripple crypto.

Spreading the FUD so they have a chance to get in on the action themselves.

Goldman Sachs hiring crypto traders...

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
This market is crazy. So many opportunities.
I've bought VEN, ICX, REQ, AMB, EOS, VIBE, and just closed on a bunch of TRX as at these levels I'm thinking it will be an easy double perhaps triple in a very short time.
I just wish I had moved more $$$ over before the drop.
This market will not remain this low for long. There is just too much interest in crypto. If you aren't buying, at least don't panic-HODL!
It reminds me of back in 2008 when GM was going under. Ford Motor Co stock tanked for a short time and got as low as $1.50/share.

I debated about buying.

I was paralyzed with FUD.

I never bought.

In less than 6 months it was back over $8/share and 3 years later was over $18/share.
Nothing had changed about the company, just the perception of the marketplace.

Lessons learned.

My biggest regret regarding these last crypto purchases is that I bought 1 day early. I think the bottom is real near and there will be bottom of the barrel opportunities shortly.

Patience Pays Profits

Good Luck!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
My biggest regret regarding these last crypto purchases is that I bought 1 day early. I think the bottom is real near and there will be bottom of the barrel opportunities shortly.

Great post. A breath of fresh air from all the FUD the past couple of weeks. You are thinking clearly.

I always try to step back and look at the BIG picture. Here's BTC on the weekly chart:

1d280b84a2deab989450e45e416e7c4a.png

Are we near the bottom? Maybe. Maybe we tag wave 2 of an elliot wave and ride up to wave 3.

Or maybe it goes all the way back down to the trend line around 2k.

Either way, lots of buying opportunities. It would be hard to go wrong, even if you just bought right now and held.

I bought too early, so I'll just sit here and wait. Lesson learned. I'll be ready next time.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Great post. A breath of fresh air from all the FUD the past couple of weeks. You are thinking clearly.

I always try to step back and look at the BIG picture. Here's BTC on the weekly chart:

1d280b84a2deab989450e45e416e7c4a.png

Are we near the bottom? Maybe. Maybe we tag wave 2 of an elliot wave and ride up to wave 3.

Or maybe it goes all the way back down to the trend line around 2k.

Either way, lots of buying opportunities. It would be hard to go wrong, even if you just bought right now and held.

I bought too early, so I'll just sit here and wait. Lesson learned. I'll be ready next time.

I sold all my crypto today. Got out down about $4k total. My reasoning is that it’s going to go lower along with the stock market. Feels like the market sentiment is that a bear market in everything is coming. I’ll sit on the sidelines and buy a little later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.