The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Terrible name, but I hope they eventually change it. They have an incredible team and will be competing against VeChain in the future. Definitely do your own research, but they're flying under the radar imo.

Ambrosus (AMB) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Edit: They have 20 confirmed partnerships under NDA and those partnerships add up to more than $300 billion annual revenues.

They are currently in talks with Nestle regarding a partnership. Both are based in Switzerland and Nestle has their HQ there. I definitely don't want to cause any FOMO here, but this has a market cap of $125 million and is trying to expand into Asia. I sold supply chain software in the cloud for one of the largest companies in the world and know first hand that the supply chain industry is going to change forever with blockchain.

Are there any upcoming plans to build their own blockchain like VeChain are doing instead of being on Ethereum?

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Are there any upcoming plans to build their own blockchain like VeChain are doing instead of being on Ethereum?

Yes, it looks like it from their research. The team is what has me thinking they could differentiate themselves from Wabi and the others. I'm waiting for my Bitcoin to land into my account so I'm hoping this stays at its current price for now.

I still have a good amount of VeChain, but I see no problem with jumping on this as well. Again, please do your own research.

So kind of what Wabi and one of VeChain's products are doing but focused on the food industry, right?

Seems very promising, I'll dig deeper, thanks!

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

It also says pharmaceuticals, but I don't see them sticking to only two industries. What VeChain, WaltonChain and Ambrosus are trying to do is change the way assets are tracked using RFID technology. If Ambrosus is able to track food from the "farm to Fork" then I see no reason why they can't transition into tracking luxury goods or car parts.

Wabi might go up as well, but it depends on what price you bought at. This is cheap now compared to VeChain and WaltonChain so I'll put something down.

I'm looking into these as well below and about to do some research on them.
- Insights Network
- Neurogress
- SONM • Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining
- https://neonexchange.org/ (being built on Neo's platform)
- http://data.eco/
- https://trinity.tech/
- https://iex.ec/
- https://tierion.com/
- https://nucypher.com/

Last edited:

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Yes, it looks like it from their research. The team is what has me thinking they could differentiate themselves from Wabi and the others. I'm waiting for my Bitcoin to land into my account so I'm hoping this stays at its current price for now.

I still have a good amount of VeChain, but I see no problem with jumping on this as well. Again, please do your own research.

Do you know where it says they’re creating their own blockchain? All I can see is talking about building on top of the Ethereum blockchain?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017

Sapiens86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 14, 2016
Anyone try options on Bitcoins/Crypto? Been looking for a platform that trades proper options on BTC but couldn't find any yet

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Thanks for sharing, brother. I'm definetely buying some TEL.

Does anyone can tell if is it safe to buy from Kucoin? I've only bought crypto from Binance until now and after hearing some people getting scammed/hacked on some exchanges I've never risked myself on smaller (and less reliable) exchanges...
I've used it. It is safe but slower because of low volumes...

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
I've used it. It is safe but slower because of low volumes...

I heard that Robinhood the stock app has accepted crypto currency now (or will in near future) I wonder how this will play out.. People say BTC will drop to 8-9 K but maybe it will go up cause of the news.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Tesla building the largest building in the world (GigaFactory) in this industrial park, Switch building the largest data center in the world in the same industrial park, Google building a data center there too...and a stealth Ethereum company is spending around a BILLION dollars to buy over half of that same industrial park. Hmm...

Industrial park that houses Tesla Gigafactory nearly sold out after Blockchains deal

Yeah, every "shitcoin" aside from BTC is going to zero...any second now...

My prediction from a couple of weeks ago still stands:

I think ETH is taking another crack at the Flippening this year.

.177 is the magic ETH/BTC ratio for the flippening to take effect. Watch your back BTC, 2018 is the year of Ethereum and ZRX.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I heard that Robinhood the stock app has accepted crypto currency now (or will in near future) I wonder how this will play out.. People say BTC will drop to 8-9 K but maybe it will go up cause of the news.
It is coming in the future but who knows how long it will take. I don't think any new exchange news is going to drive the price for BTC with it so easily available right now outside of maybe all the major stock exchanges adding it as able to purchase in those already existing accounts. The only reason smaller coins get bumps when they are added to new exchanges is they were so hard to buy before (and then they normally dump a bit after from the people who speculative bought them on the smaller exchanges or ICO before the larger exchange).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Great lesson learned from the recent dips - Mental note: While holding has worked well overall in cryptos, it's good to take a little bit of gradual profit off when prices keep rising. Everyone wants to catch the absolute top but this seems a matter of pure luck... No point in riding the wave all the way up and then suddenly all the way down with no profit...

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Bad news for a large amount of XEM holders, and also the largest theft in history:

Coincheck Theft: "The Biggest Theft in the History of the World"

I forgot to mention something here...

For those of you that are newer to cryptocurrency; this is a great example of when an exchange (AKA "trusted" 3rd party) gets hacked, but the blockchain itself remains intact.

NEM wasn't hacked at all, but a 3rd party that was holding XEM - the NEM token - was.

We already had this argument in the Ethereum thread, but I think it's worth repeating just in case.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
I forgot to mention something here...

For those of you that are newer to cryptocurrency; this is a great example of when an exchange (AKA "trusted" 3rd party) gets hacked, but the blockchain itself remains intact.

NEM wasn't hacked at all, but a 3rd party that was holding XEM - the NEM token - was.

We already had this argument in the Ethereum thread, but I think it's worth repeating just in case.
I guess this is why the hit on XEM's price itself wasn't that hard, the market overall has matured.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Seeing as this thread calls for predictions -

Optimistic prediction - VeChain top 3 eoy
Pessimistic prediction - VeChain top 5 eoy

Obviously, you are talking about market cap, but curious what you think the actual price will be?

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Seeing as this thread calls for predictions -

Optimistic prediction - VeChain top 3 eoy
Pessimistic prediction - VeChain top 5 eoy

I think this is going to be a tough one to pull off. I do see them getting over the 10 billion dollar mark, but they have a ton of competition. Long term I have my money on Ambrosus.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Wow guys, the up and down with the crypto market is driving me nuts.. Any type of technical analysis or predictions i've made have been off. I was up 1,200, lost it all.. now im down 300 bucks.. trying to decide if I should sell my ripple and xlm tonight at a 300 dollar lost as I fear tomorrow it might go less.. OR hold on and hope that in the next few days - weekend it goes up.. What is everyone thinking?

I know robinhood is going to start offering buying/selling of crypto in february and I thought that would drive the price up, but the market is still red today..

BackOnTrack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 17, 2015
Manchester, UK
Wow guys, the up and down with the crypto market is driving me nuts.. Any type of technical analysis or predictions i've made have been off. I was up 1,200, lost it all.. now im down 300 bucks.. trying to decide if I should sell my ripple and xlm tonight at a 300 dollar lost as I fear tomorrow it might go less.. OR hold on and hope that in the next few days - weekend it goes up.. What is everyone thinking?

I know robinhood is going to start offering buying/selling of crypto in february and I thought that would drive the price up, but the market is still red today..

Just hold. If you believe in Crypto you need to believe it will come back. Just hold.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az

Thats what crypto does, up and down then up again hopefully higher than before. Sometimes it can take months to play out though...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

You probably shouldn't be in crypto if you can't take swings like that. It's very volatile. Much more than stocks. I used to think that high tech stocks were up and down, but they are nothing compared to crypto.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
658.0.0.png

Still hodling REQ since 6 cents :clench:

Sometimes I think I should've swing traded a bit but I don't really know,
I'm in it cause I still think REQ is undervalued in comparison to the other coins.

Tho next time when things go insane I might just cash out a little bit :happy:

Looking to diversify a bit with POA and WAN when they are out.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
658.0.0.png

I'm in it cause I still think REQ is undervalued in comparison to the other coins.

I automatically pull out half the stash after it 2xed, makes me be chilled.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I automatically pull out half the stash after it 2xed, makes me be chilled.

If I did that with REQ I wouldve had a lot less, keep in mind this is crypto :p

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
658.0.0.png

REQ was one of my long term holds, but I sold temporarily to put more into CSC. I may take some CSC profits if it all works out, and get back in for the long term.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.