The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
John McCafee is king of the pump currently.

Making tweets about utter shitcoins like Electroneum, Verge, and now ReddCoin.

On a side note, I think his ICO looks pretty interesting, but he's lost some credibility with this Twitter charade.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yup, my guess is there will be a "purge" somewhere down the road.

In the dot-com boom, everyone was a day trader and making millions. This strikes me as the same because you don't need much skill to make money. Everyone is making money by just being "in the market" much like back in 1999.

Then the purge came.

Some of those guys are still trading, but 99% of them aren't.

That's a purge.

And if you're still making money AFTER the purge, you're something special.
I'm wondering how bad this purge will be, and the extend the damage might spread to.
I can only think of the finance industry, trading practices and maybe internet security.

I somehow have a bad feeling that governments and the general public might react more violently to this purge compared with the other past bursts....I'm not sure how to depict it, but violent's the word.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
I'm wondering how bad this purge will be, and the extend the damage might spread to.
I can only think of the finance industry, trading practices and maybe internet security.

I somehow have a bad feeling that governments and the general public might react more violently to this purge compared with the other past bursts....I'm not sure how to depict it, but violent's the word.
I disagree, the purge won't be that devastating because the Crypto Market is only a tiny little piece of the financial world.

The derivatives market is the monster that could wipeout everything.

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Daniel...D

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 27, 2017
US
To me it is a runaway panic buying market. I hate to be negative, as a matter of fact I feel like a flat earth peasant. But I truly believe that BitCoin will go to 0. I don't know when or how high it will go before that, and I certainly don't have the courage to short it, but it feels like a bubble in every way to me. There are signs, people quitting unrelated jobs to trade bitcoin, small tweaks to justify10-20 times price increases, a believe that a pullback will be small and contained, and ( in my mind anyways) a complete divorcing from intrinsic value. We had friends in ostriches and laugh all you want (again I feel slightly stupid for posting this) but I could replace the word Bitcoin for ostrich in this thread and it would have sounded exactly like them in the early 90's.

The great technician Tom Demark says markets don't top in bubbles etc.because mass selling or profitaking, they top because all the buyers have bought and there is no one left to buy. I really think that day is coming for Bitcoin.
I have the same thoughts, I don't understand all this noise around bitcoin

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Just curious why everyone seems so interested in XVG these days? Is it simply because Mcafee pushed it?

Honestly; I'm not sure. I do know it has some really, really strong support. I use a chat group that is full of 4,000+ new investors to get a gauge on new investor sentiments. They are very pro-Verge. I can see it having tons of growth left.

Me; I'm not long on anything, so there's this thing called the Wraith feature that is due out soon. I am grabbing my profits and dipping onto the next rally.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
What mobile apps are you folks using to do trades during the day?? I ask because there are thieves out there spoofing apps. I realize I need to be able to make transactions during the day since this market moves quick.

Stevio

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 8, 2015
What mobile apps are you folks using to do trades during the day?? I ask because there are thieves out there spoofing apps. I realize I need to be able to make transactions during the day since this market moves quick.

Binance app.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I goof'ed counting the number of days of correction.. it's 7 days and not 5. Therefore; the $20k won't be hit until the Dec 31st. Which means until now to the 29th-30th.. Bitcoin will be doing an ugly, dippy pattern with a slight upward trend.

I will likely play in alts for the next 24-36 hours. A few that are catching my eye with primed ready for break out soon: Dash and maybe XVG.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I have been researching Ambrosus AMB for awhile. Like the concept and they seem to especially have a strong team. Finally took out position yesterday. Waited a day too long, :( but I feel this still has plenty of upside. Will be buying more on dips for long term hold.

Do your own due diligence...

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
Still trying to figure out this XVG. I see very little that's valuable or interesting in this company.
He might be bullish on XVG because they are about to release a gamechanging protocol called Wraith which makes transactions 100% anonymous.

Devs said before 2017 ends.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Whats up with BTC ?

High transaction fees.
Not really decentralized.
Not P2P as intended.
Not exactly private.

Oh, sorry! You meant the price didn't you? It's still correcting. :-D

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
High transaction fees.
Not really decentralized.
Not P2P as intended.
Not exactly private.

Oh, sorry! You meant the price didn't you? It's still correcting. :-D
Yeah....lol. Lot of butthurt out there tonight. Mine got skinned but hardly butthurt.

G

Guest3722A

Whats up with BTC ?
Possible head-n-shoulders pattern developing. Watching for the 13000ish level, or to be more precise, 12750ish MAYBE. The charting I'm using is not that good. It all depends on the closing prices. Especially later on today at 7pm est. Why 7pm? Most likely because it's following suit to how several futures contracts operate. But I could be wrong and that's just how this particular charting website does their periods. If someone knows of a good charting service for these, please let me know.

If we get a close around 15390 or greater (at 7pm est) it's still in an uptrend. If not, a change in trend may be occurring. If a trend change is occurring it could just be sideways as it works its way up to 20000. This is typical. However, if the head n shoulders pattern completes, and closes at that 13000ish level, this thing could begin to trend down. Am I hedging by giving 3 possible scenarios? Well, I look at it like these are the things I'd be looking for which would help me make further decisions.

I absolutely am not knowledgeable on crypto or alt or know if I'm even discussing it the correct way but I'm thinking technical analysis, which is a hobby of mine, most likely will be universal. But who knows at this point.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
What do you mean "100% anonymous?" I thought that the transactions were just run over TOR, which means that the IP addresses for a transaction are obfuscated, but does nothing to anonymize Verge wallets? I could run BTC transactions over TOR as well -- that wouldn't make them anonymous.

Also, Verge has a rich list -- is that going away with the new protocol? If not, then it's clearly not 100% anonymous.

I'd love some clarification on these things... If it really is 100% anonymous, that's a game changer, but given that the code is fork of DOGE, I'm skeptical.
I got the news from here:

Verge & the Wraith Protocol

TL/DR:

This infographic clarifies it a little bit:
verge-wraith-protocol.jpg

This is as always DEV talk, it could work or it couldn't but if they deliver properly this will be huge.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Not spreading FUD here, but Bitcoin's recovery is altered. The only difference from the other 3 big corrections is more hands, more "different hands", and futures.

No relevance can be found to this same odd behavior... it's altered for sure. Whether that's artificially (by the outside) or it's just following along the roadmap to the B word.

2018 = Focus Shifts to Year of the Alts.
2019 = Year of the Alts to prove themselves.
2019 = Alts do not deliver simply because the world is not ready for blockchain adoption quite yet (mostly technology wise). Alt's begin to go down from their highly inflated prices built on speculation they will be a big game changer. Big game changes never happen.

Companies not delivering real world application in meaningful & profitable ways.. never delivering on their huge promises, goals, and outlooks.

Sound familiar?

In all actuality; the world-changing blockchain tech will come after (the B word).. years after... but when it does, it will be tremendous. The world just simply isn't ready to support it yet (in our minds, yes) but our tech, no. It's like trying to watch Youtube on dial up speeds lol.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
If Bitcoin doesn't break $15k here, we are due for a big drop. Where the drop ends; nobody knows. @TKDTyler says $13k's.. I say $10.5k at the absolute bottom wick.

Either way; the smart play (If you are swing or day trading, if you're holding long, just dis-regard) but to hedge yourself and all your alt coin positions so that you can go back into the safety of fiat if that last shoulder in the head & shoulders forms. BTCUSD 6hr candles.

Then when it's blood everywhere... buy up. =)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I have to admit I completely managed to miss/ignore all the hype. Until 2 days ago I didn't even know about the meteoric rise of the last months.

z1VYtWu.jpg

Sounds pretty exciting though, so I'm kicking myself a bit for not keeping my eyes open. Well, back to boring ecommerce..

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
That's where I disagree. Basically, Wraith (as I understand it) is just a private ledger where IP addresses are obfuscated, so transactions can't be tracked.

But, that's not only not revolutionary, it's also not very interesting from a privacy standpoint.

I could run BTC transactions over TOR/I2P and obfuscate IP addresses -- basically making the network "private." That's really all Verge is doing. In fact, I think they are using Tor/I2P as well, so it's actually the exact same thing, just built into the protocol (which isn't a game changer, in my opinion).

Second, Verge does nothing to anonymize wallets, from what I can tell. So, at the application layer, there is no privacy. I can still inspect a wallet and determine balances, right?

Third, Verge has a rich list -- is that going away with the new protocol? If not, then it's clearly not 100% anonymous. Is the rich list going away? From what I've heard, it's not.

Finally, Verge is a fork of DOGE, which means I'm skeptical that there is really anything new or interesting here.

Personally, I think a lot of non-technical people have been sucked into believing there is something interesting here, but for those of us who actually understand the technology, I'm fairly certain you're being duped. But, John Mcafee got his big pump, so I'm sure he's happy...sadly it was at the rest of your expense.

If I'm wrong about any of my technical assertions above, feel free to correct me...
The thing is right now there is no other coin offering such a privacy and this is how they are selling this, correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Keep in mind that most of the people investing right now don't care about the tech, they just care about earning a quick buck and this is why such a news could lead to an upward jump in valuation.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
I goof'ed counting the number of days of correction.. it's 7 days and not 5. Therefore; the $20k won't be hit until the Dec 31st. Which means until now to the 29th-30th.. Bitcoin will be doing an ugly, dippy pattern with a slight upward trend.

I will likely play in alts for the next 24-36 hours. A few that are catching my eye with primed ready for break out soon: Dash and maybe XVG.

Thanks brother. What are your predictions on those two?

(I bought some XVG when it was 0.10 and I'm thinking about buying more now...)

And you said you expect the absolute bottom on BTC correction is $10.5k. Do you have a guess when this correction will end and start to rise again?

Last edited:

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Continuing to peel profits and re-invest, as I said I would. What I picked up earlier this week:
  • Monero
  • DNT
  • Iota
  • XRP
  • LEND
  • REQ
  • TNB
  • DOGE
Sold off some more profits today, and purchased a big chunk of ICX.

I'm currently looking at breaking 7x my investment in just a few percentage points of gain, and it's been but a few weeks. Got to love volatility.

Just keeping myself accountable to my "system" still, carry on. Fun times.

EDIT: I did have my first scare, when a transaction failed from HitBTC back to Binance.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Right now I have the following coins that I'm putting money into. I am thinking about putting a ***ton into Quantstamp, VeChain, and BlockCat.
  • ADA - Looking to put more into this, but missed the big dips
  • Bread - Might sell and put more into Quantstamp
  • VeChain - Long-term hold
  • Wabi - Long-term hold
  • Quantstamp - Wanting to put a ton more into this
  • BlockCAT - Waiting for them to be listed on Binance and hopefully make a dash-type explosion. They have a low supply and a great team, but they have some competition.

BradD

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 11, 2013
Ottawa
Curious for everyone’s take on network fees. Been playing around testing transfers between exchanges and seeing fees as high as 12-13% of the tx amt (apparently it’s dynamic based on network volume).. of course, they list it as “x.xxxx” of the coin in many cases, causing you to have to do some work to figure it out.

FAQs seem to indicate in most cases this is a fee paid to miners, not pulled in as a fee profit by the exchange.

What are you guys seeing- any concerns around these costs? Do you optimize your exchange preferences based on lowering fees?

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Curious for everyone’s take on network fees. Been playing around testing transfers between exchanges and seeing fees as high as 12-13% of the tx amt (apparently it’s dynamic based on network volume).. of course, they list it as “x.xxxx” of the coin in many cases, causing you to have to do some work to figure it out.

FAQs seem to indicate in most cases this is a fee paid to miners, not pulled in as a fee profit by the exchange.

What are you guys seeing- any concerns around these costs? Do you optimize your exchange preferences based on lowering fees?
I bought some Binance coin and it cuts your fees in half. I purchase most my coins on Binance now. Binance has the lowest fees to begin with and with the Binance coin it's even better. Also, I buy Ethereum and transfer using that. Once I send it to the exchange I want I buy BTC with the Ethereum. BTC is more liquid and people pump more money with it. It is always better to buy coins with BTC. But it is not good to transfer with BTC because of high fees. With the price fluctuations of BTC and ETH I am not sure how much I lose or gain but I feel I am saving this way.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Happy New Years guys...

XVG not so great... loss on that.

I am inside TRX now.. I think it's a replica of Litecoin $80. Hoping to 40%+ gains off of it.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
I bought some Binance coin and it cuts your fees in half. I purchase most my coins on Binance now. Binance has the lowest fees to begin with and with the Binance coin it's even better.
How does that work exactly? You hold BNB on Binance and your fees are paid out of that, at 50% discount?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.