The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
30 years ago, The Economist magazine predicted a collapse and a world currency, on the cover you can see what year is on the coin.

DQjm_HQWsAIIYT7.jpg:large

The Economist is owned by the Rothschilds...maybe the conspiracy theories are true.

Also the "10" could be like 1s and 0s, which is computer code, which could mean computer generated currency, or cryptocurrency.

Wonder if it would be quantum computers... 1&0 vs 1 OR 0... but it wont be btc (because of the transfer rate- they should raise it to 8mb- forget 2mb)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
Not sure if you're being serious here.
It's like knowing there's buried treasure underneath a big 3 ton boulder and then saying, "But I don't own a crane! Oh well!"

Absolutely dead serious. I bought the BTC when it was worth next to nothing. The wallet has just over 200 BTC in it.
I've already spent thousands on recovering data from it, it was part of a RAID setup that went haywire and managed to crash all the drives in it.
I managed to recover nearly all the photos and videos from it (client work and my own work) as well as some documents, parts of the drive were completely
unrecoverable though, they were very corrupted, guess where the bitcoin wallet is.

Ex network engineer / Sys Admin here. Believe me, I've tried everything and spent money I couldn't afford on trying to recover it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ex network engineer / Sys Admin here. Believe me, I've tried everything and spent money I couldn't afford on trying to recover it.

Just... damn.

Sorry to hear it dude.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey guys,

I’m a complete noob to crypto currencies and the be only just started to get interested since this new Bitcoin hype (which is probably at least partly a bubble of people doing the same thing as me).

Can anybody explain the main benefit to using Bitcoin compared to normal currency for everyday transactions? I get that apparently it’s faster and cheaper to send money abroad for companies (Although I’ve heard this being questioned because the infrastructure is struggling at about 0.2% of the population using it, so I dread to think what 100% would do). I’m just not sure how a normal consumer benefits from sending Bitcoin instead of just paying in dollars via a Visa card? It seems like extra risk and less security of “Being your own bank” without any obvious benefit- Apart from screwing over the elite. I can see potential use and need for a world currency being used in the future though because I think the future is 3D printers, so we’ll be buying goods from people in different countries more often and therefore will benefit from the lack of exchange rate fees, things being faster and there being fewer transaction fees. It’s just whether any of these currencies are likely to have enough infrastructure to be able to realistically do this or not?

Also if nothing is tracked and everything is anonymous, then how would a company such as Spotify be able to track if you’re making payments? Do you have some sort of a public code like an account number, so they can tell?

Cheers!

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
So much inefficiency in this market. It's literally abundant at every turn. You have huge differences between different exchanges for the same coins (for example LTC on Poloniex hit low $80's last night, while GDAX only hit $95.01)
In relation to this piece, just put my money where my mouth was. LTC spiked, noticed huge price discrepancies between GDAX and Poloniex and Binance (GDAX was sitting around $170 when POLO was around $140, same for Binance). Bought about $8k worth of LTC at $142-$145, immediately transferred to GDAX, and sold both lots @ $175-$180 ranges. Easy $1,500 profit in 30 minutes with pure arbitrage.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
Just a heads up for any UK investors.

Lots of UK folks complaining about being able to cash out of coinbase, terrible reviews with missing money, blocked and locked accounts etc. Apparently UK banks frown on anything BTC.

You need to find an alternative way of cashing out

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Post online and see if you can go viral that you will offer 50 of the 200 BTC to any reputable data recovery company that can get your wallet back. Worth a shot!!

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I️ need feedback on litecoin, have you guys seen that it will soon be able to be traded straight from bitcoin to litecoin without using coinbase. This should pull price up. Litecoin has never fallen off the top 5 or so coins, many have came along to try to compete but over the time and the hyphe they fall off.

“Notably, a concept called "atomic swaps" features heavily in his future vision. Once the Lightning Network is working on both bitcoin and litecoin, the addition would make it easy for users to trade between cryptocurrencies without going through an intermediary exchange – like Coinbase, in fact.

Lee concluded:

"That's a game changer and that's when the game really starts!"”

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
I️ need feedback on litecoin, have you guys seen that it will soon be able to be traded straight from bitcoin to litecoin without using coinbase. This should pull price up. Litecoin has never fallen off the top 5 or so coins, many have came along to try to compete but over the time and the hyphe they fall off.

“Notably, a concept called "atomic swaps" features heavily in his future vision. Once the Lightning Network is working on both bitcoin and litecoin, the addition would make it easy for users to trade between cryptocurrencies without going through an intermediary exchange – like Coinbase, in fact.

Lee concluded:

"That's a game changer and that's when the game really starts!"”
I was going to buy litecoins at 92$ 2 days ago and it skyrocketed past 150. -__-. Anyways the founder of litecoins Charli Lee will be on CNBC monday convincing everyone to buy into litecoin, it may be a good investment. I'm putting some money in

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Absolutely dead serious. I bought the BTC when it was worth next to nothing. The wallet has just over 200 BTC in it.
I've already spent thousands on recovering data from it, it was part of a RAID setup that went haywire and managed to crash all the drives in it.
I managed to recover nearly all the photos and videos from it (client work and my own work) as well as some documents, parts of the drive were completely
unrecoverable though, they were very corrupted, guess where the bitcoin wallet is.

:wideyed:

@paulmp , I know it ain’t much, but I’m going to transfer some rep to somehow help in your recovery efforts and keep you in my thoughts.

That sucks.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Post online and see if you can go viral that you will offer 50 of the 200 BTC to any reputable data recovery company that can get your wallet back. Worth a shot!!
Agreed. Why pay a company when you can just offer them some of the treasure as a bounty? An offer like this (maybe not necessarily 50BTC) would have people frothing at the mouth.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Watched that Gold Rush show a couple of times. They spend a lot more to recover a lot less.

$2.2M would get a lot more attention from me. :)

Let me know if you want me to broker a deal.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Does anyone here diversify their crypto investment?
If so, what is your crypto asset allocation?
I am not putting a ton of money into this but am curious.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
*sigh*
I have a dead hard drive here that is now worth over $4.6M if I could ever recover the bitcoin wallet from it.

what do you mean by dead? im sure there are ways to get it. have u even tried.. i wouldn't mind taking a look at it but looks like u are halfway across the planet

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bitcoin futures now trading!

The Economist magazine

Interesting, some say that magazine is pretty much the mouthpiece for globalist bankers, i.e, Rothchilds, Soros...

Steppenwolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Jan 30, 2017
Germany, Augsburg
I rationalise it by thinking that if it didn't crash, I would have almost certainly cashed out long ago.

Like the others said. You could make this a huge viral campagain. 50 Bitcoins for any security / recovery company that can restore your wallet.
Imagine how the company fully restoring your hard drive would use this as PR / advertising for their reputation.

Last edited:

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
On another note just found this nugget LOL

And now everybody:

Feed The Ponzi!

Love it, so accurate too...

$200 = bubble
$500 = *yawn* still bubble
$1000 = bubble, stfu already
$10,000 = HOW DO I BUY SOME?!

B. Cole

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Vid below for the folks like me that are on the bandwagon for the last little piece of opportunity. Most of us were in a different place in life and just weren’t exposed to all this until the massive amounts of press this year. I found this video to be comforting and good advice. In the theme of just hanging on, hope it helps other noobs like me keep their head.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBKuEPGUxA

Last edited:

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Vid below for the folks like me that are on the bandwagon for the last little piece of opportunity. Most of us were in a different place in life and just weren’t exposed to all this until the massive amounts of press this year. I found this video to be comforting and good advice. In the theme of just hanging on, hope it helps other noobs like me keep their head.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBKuEPGUxA
Lol, folks who believe this also believed they missed the boat after Pong officially went viral, or perhaps when Amazon was just a little online bookstore. MS Works? Yup, I missed the Microsoft boat.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
It's been a very whirlwind ride for me these past couple weeks & only going to get more crazier.. *good thing* !

Anyways; with that said...

Bitcoin to hit $18.5k by Tuesday, will hover around here give or take for a few days until Friday. Friday we should see another 25%+ rally to $22,000 or more. It'll be another one of those "what the F just happened" moments like we had a few days ago.

I'll post again what I think will happen with CME, but for now.. hold until after CME to see what happens first.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Also; without going into a whole spill:

Buy a crap load of Iota while you can. For my long holds; I am 100% in Iota. I plan on trying to acquire 25,000 coins before the year is out. And holding for minimum 1.5 years.

divine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 23, 2015
Which is the best place/exchange to buy crypto with lowest fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Which is the best place/exchange to buy crypto with lowest fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GDAX/Coinbase(you get a GDAX account automatically after registering on Coinbase). 0.25% trading fees.

Here is a referral link: Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency If you use it you'll get $10 of free bitcoin after buying $100 and I do too. (If you just go directly to their website and register you don't get the $10).

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
GDAX/Coinbase(you get a GDAX account automatically after registering on Coinbase). 0.25% trading fees.

Here is a referral link: Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency If you use it you'll get $10 of free bitcoin after buying $100 and I do too. (If you just go directly to their website and register you don't get the $10).

Correct me if i'm wrong but you can't buy alt coins like IOTA on coinbase or Gdax. Only Bitcoin, ETH, and Litecoin. I was told bittrex.com is a good site to buy alt coins, although I haven't tried yet, maybe someone could chime in..

B. Cole

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
@divine, something I learned the hard way that may help you out-

Do what @Kingmaker said, Coinbase/Gdax is the smoothest way and you can make a purchase with your debit card instantly. BUT - you will only be able to purchase $300 USD because you're a new user. It takes about 9 days for the coin to show up, then you can purchase another $300. It's a frustrating pain in the a$$, the new user status is supposed to clear after you've purchase $700 USD.

My personal noob advice - Set up multiple accounts early (Binance, Kraken, Gemeni, Poloniex, etc. there are a few), because they will take a few days to verify your credentials. That way you can get into trading quicker through multiple platforms and diversify (you can only buy the big 3 w/ Coinbase/GDAX). Look at what you want to buy and who has the pairs. Everybody also takes their sweet a$$ time (including your bank) transferring into your accounts so you can trade.

Started into GDAX 9 days ago when BTC was 11K, could only do $300. BTC will be 18K by the time I can purchase another $300, and probably higher for the 3rd round. Very frustrating not to be allowed to spend your own money. But that's the song of a late bird.

Last edited:

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
@divine, something I learned the hard way that may help you out-

Do what @Kingmaker said, Coinbase/Gdax is the smoothest way and you can make a purchase with your debit card instantly. BUT - you will only be able to purchase $300 USD because you're a new user. It takes about 9 days for the coin to show up, then you can purchase another $300. It's a frustrating pain in the a$$, the new user status is supposed to clear after you've purchase $700 USD.

My personal noob advice - Set up multiple accounts early (Binance, Kraken, Gemeni, Polonium, etc. there are a few), because they will take a few days to verify your credentials. That way you can get into trading quicker through multiple platforms and diversify (you can only buy the big 3 w/ coinable/GDAX). Look at what you want to buy and who has the pairs. Everybody also takes their sweet a$$ time (including your bank) transferring into your accounts so you can trade.

Started into GDAX 9 days ago when BTC was 11K, could only do $300. BTC will be 18K by the time I can purchase another $300, and probably higher for the 3rd round. Very frustrating not to be allowed to spend your own money. But that's the song of a late bird.

B Cole, if you buy an ALT coin in Binance or one of those others you named, do you need a seperate wallet to store it in? Or can you use the coinbase wallet? If not, which wallet do you suggest?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.