The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It's a trap lol

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Unfortunately I’ve lost money in every stock and coin I’ve ever picked so there’s no capital gains, that coin isn’t even my worst pick lol look up Noumi on the ASX

I’m thinking ahead though, I’ve been holding them just in case I ever do make any capital gains

Noumi Ltd seems to be having a rough patch atm lol.

At some point there's no point in selling as there's not much to sell haha.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
This thread is alive again! It’s only alive when something is pumping.

Bull market > genius

:rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
All because of optimism over the ETF filings.
Screenshot 2023-10-24 092320.png

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
An ETF is a way for you to not hold your own private keys, you trust a third party to hold your money just like traditional banking...

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
This thread is alive again! It’s only alive when something is pumping.

Bull market > genius

:rofl:
so when an entrepreneur has a good day or wins a deal or makes big sales and posts here wanting to share an opinion that means his business topped for the week, month, year?

come on man

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
so when an entrepreneur has a good day or wins a deal or makes big sales and posts here wanting to share an opinion that means his business topped for the week, month, year?

come on man

One is based on his influence and decision making…

The other is not.

Come on man… still hoping and praying for the big break?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One is based on his influence and decision making…

The other is not.

Come on man… still hoping and praying for the big break?

To clarify, I hope everyone makes a small fortune in BTC.

But lets be clear: it's a speculative investment, just like the 100+ stocks and crypto I own.

When one of those stocks makes me 40%, I don't post about it like I'm about to get rich.

I actively create wealth with my business ventures that I control.
I passively grow wealth with my investments that I do NOT control, like stocks and bitcoin.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
To clarify, I hope everyone makes a small fortune in BTC.

But lets be clear: it's a speculative investment, just like the 100+ stocks and crypto I own.

When one of those stocks makes me 40%, I don't post about it like I'm about to get rich.

I actively create wealth with my business ventures that I control.
I passively grow wealth with my investments that I do NOT control, like stocks and bitcoin.

This is the most concise TL;DR covering the entirety of the discussion on crypto and entrepreneurship.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Is there a preferred book or maybe Udemy course on how to use BTC? I want to know how to conduct commerce with it, and store and retrieve money from physical wallets. I've completely avoided it until now, so I need a good introduction, and later I would need advanced material. I know there is a ton of a fraud, scams, and bad advice.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Is there a preferred book or maybe Udemy course on how to use BTC? I want to know how to conduct commerce with it, and store and retrieve money from physical wallets. I've completely avoided it until now, so I need a good introduction, and later I would need advanced material. I know there is a ton of a fraud, scams, and bad advice.

Why would you need a course for this?

Buy the book called "the bitcoin standard" by Saife Dean.

Rest can be found on youtube.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
While I'm on this thread, I just want to acknowledge how much of a genius I am to everyone once more.

The God of crypto.

This is the future currency below BTW.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
While I'm on this thread, I just want to acknowledge how much of a genius I am to everyone once more.

The God of crypto.

This is the future currency below BTW.

How does this have a market cap of 337k? :rofl:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Why would you need a course for this?

Buy the book called "the bitcoin standard" by Saife Dean.

Rest can be found on youtube.

Sometimes it helps to observer a process.

I know there are BTC videos on YT. There are too many. That's why I asked about "preferred" sources.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
One crpyto scammer convicted, only 1,301,039 more to go!

I don't know if you've seen this, but Web3 Is Going Great lists all the scams in the industry. It's a giant timeline and the money lost accrues on the bottom right. It's pretty sad and hilarious to look at. Looks like they already updated for SBF.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 1, 2023
Los Angeles, California.
Hey Fastlaners,
As Bitcoin is slowly becoming the real deal. I wanted to give Bitcoin it's own thread containing just long-term & short-term predictions & any big crypto news to help any others who's trading, hodling, etc. a place to throw in your predictions & any actions you plan on taking.

I see the current stage of Bitcoin & crypto as the new Napster & Limewire. Industry bigs (middle-men) will do all they can to fight it & shut it down, but they will soon find out - You can't beat the under-lying ideals & world-changing tech. It will carry on & win out in other forms because the market has experienced the benefits and the market always wins (it will even beat out government regulations).

Bitcoin is in the experienced the benefits stage. As more and more adopt to use Bitcoin as a form of payment (even if the sellers offering to take Btc as payment are valuing on speculative price/trading); the fact remains: They are still using Bitcoin as currency. It is being used as the real deal of exchange between goods & money.

Predictions Nov 8, 2017:
A fork titled B2X was recently cancelled (or "suspended") by their own backers & creators. This is going to give Btc a big bull-run for the next week or so to ~$9,000.

Once it hits this; if the bull-run slows down; a market correction drop of ~20-30% will hit around early or mid December. This will be a short-lived correction though as many are waiting on the sideline (who haven't jumped in the game) for this drop to happen and ready to buy into Bitcoin.

With or without this market correction happening; I strongly believe Btc will at least flirt with $10k before the year is over with.

My actions: I am going to Hodl until I see about a ~15% drop then going to sell half of my coins to later re-buy in once it begins climbing back from the drop. Then Hodl, Hodl, Hodl.

To Hodl Bitcoin is a good way to grow your investment, everyone has different risk tolerance levels.
Staking is a DIY way to earn passive income in crypto, it's like earning dividends on a stock or earning interests on your savings in a bank and although it has its own risks which is very low when compared to other methods of earnings in crypto it is a great way to maximize earnings as well and it's pretty easy to get started.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I don't know if you've seen this, but Web3 Is Going Great lists all the scams in the industry. It's a giant timeline and the money lost accrues on the bottom right. It's pretty sad and hilarious to look at. Looks like they already updated for SBF.

That website was pretty trash. My favorite under the "good news" section was about how banning crypto mining operations was a good thing because the world isn't supposed to use energy anymore.

Sure there are a lot of scams and stuff, but the same can be said for every industry in the entire world. The human race is full of shitty people, that does not mean that we should just stop growing as a species.

I remember when the internet and the personal computer were just scams that need to be stopped. The internet died in 1999 due to it's greed and theft, didn't you know?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Wow, bear market tends to come to an end and suddenly - Cryptos arent the evil, bad thing any more.

Some words. I m no expert by far, but I have seen some things the last 2 years.

If you buy cryptocurrencies, you most likely will have a positiv ROI in 2 years.

Doing anything without proper knowledge can make you loose your assets. Soie staking can be a way for passive income, but on the way you can easily loose your assets.

Its a bad idea jumping into anything shiny in the crypto area.

Buying, cold storing, selling. Is a quite safe way to do it.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, bear market tends to come to an end and suddenly - Cryptos arent the evil, bad thing any more.

Some words. I m no expert by far, but I have seen some things the last 2 years.

If you buy cryptocurrencies, you most likely will have a positiv ROI in 2 years.

Doing anything without proper knowledge can make you loose your assets. Soie staking can be a way for passive income, but on the way you can easily loose your assets.

Its a bad idea jumping into anything shiny in the crypto area.

Buying, cold storing, selling. Is a quite safe way to do it.

It's possible to be in a positive ROI, also possible to be in negative ROI.

I wouldn't say it's most likely, I would say it's a coin flip.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
It's possible to be in a positive ROI, also possible to be in negative ROI.

I wouldn't say it's most likely, I would say it's a coin flip.
Substitute ROI with EV!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I don't understand why coinbase charges a different price for buying vs selling crypto.

If you buy, you buy at the current price.

If you sell, you sell at a lower price than the current one.

For example, ETH right now is at $1906.41, but if I want to sell, coinbase is only going to allow me to sell at $1,888.54. It says the price is live but it "includes a 1.00% spread."

Well hello, that makes a difference. Everyone wants to buy low and sell high, but coinbase wants you to buy high and sell low.

Coinbase help says, to justify this, "The spread helps increase the likelihood of a successful transaction and allows Coinbase to lock in your quoted price temporarily while processing your order. Coinbase may retain any excess spread from a transaction. Please note that the spread may vary for similar transactions."

So basically it sounds like they're just taking another cut, on top of the fees that they're already charging to do the transaction.

Is this standard? Is this how it works on other exchanges?

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
All exchanges have spread fees.

1% is high though. This must be an instant buy type product, rather than on their trading exchange? Most spreads on other exchanges are 0.10 to 0.5%
I don't understand why coinbase charges a different price for buying vs selling crypto.

If you buy, you buy at the current price.

If you sell, you sell at a lower price than the current one.

For example, ETH right now is at $1906.41, but if I want to sell, coinbase is only going to allow me to sell at $1,888.54. It says the price is live but it "includes a 1.00% spread."

Well hello, that makes a difference. Everyone wants to buy low and sell high, but coinbase wants you to buy high and sell low.

Coinbase help says, to justify this, "The spread helps increase the likelihood of a successful transaction and allows Coinbase to lock in your quoted price temporarily while processing your order. Coinbase may retain any excess spread from a transaction. Please note that the spread may vary for similar transactions."

So basically it sounds like they're just taking another cut, on top of the fees that they're already charging to do the transaction.

Is this standard? Is this how it works on other exchanges?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
That may be the market price. Usually you should set a buy or sell limit to avoid surprises.
I only take the marketprice, if I open a margin trade.

Imagine a whale makes a market price sale in the same minute as you. There were moments, where you could buy or sell up to 60% under the usual price. Imo the last time, such a big difference happened, was in August 2021, where suddenly the price of BTC fell to maybe 12k for a moment at Binance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.