The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I learned my lesson during the last bull run, always wanting to catch the top and holding too long.

An interesting thing is when it comes to other assets like say the indicies. Market tops are usually not upside down “V’s”. They tend to be rounded and have more of a longer overbought timeframe.

With crypto it’s just a swift up then a quick sell-off. Reveals a lot of clues as to what market players think and feel.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 12, 2022
I'm in for the long haul. Zooming out you can barely see the pullback. I think there's plenty of room to run, and it looks like 60k will be support.

1710868220115.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Should there be a stocks discussion thread about nvidia, tsmc and amd?

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm in for the long haul. Zooming out you can barely see the pullback. I think there's plenty of room to run, and it looks like 60k will be support.

You can use Bollinger Bands for crypto. It’s simple and easy to understand. You get your sigma bands and your 20 day moving average. You can modify them as well. Bollinger himself even wrote a book on it.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm still just playing with my tens of dollars over here. Machines are still going brrrrrrrrrr, haven't had to run my furnace since I moved into my new place in February. The new place has more space, so I set up a mining rig upstairs and in my living room as a heater (not just the basement). Pretty ghetto but whatever.

I'm sticking with my plan, starting in roughly June. At a minimum, no matter what the price, I am going to sell half of my mined earnings every month. No point in riding this stuff to zero if that's where it goes (coin specific, not the entire industry).

I learned my lesson during the last bull run, always wanting to catch the top and holding too long. I sold way too many coins at an average price of like $0.03, when I could have been selling the entire way up to $0.20, and then back down to like $0.01. My average price would have easily been 2-3x what it was had I just consistently sold and not tried to hold on. Plus I can now sell because I want to, and not because my rent is due and I need to. So yea, here is to a kick butt bull run!!!

I am also going to be selling 70% of my machines this bull run. All my best equipment and favorite cards I will keep, at a minimum they heat my house and provide a minimal payout above electricity costs. All my less energy dense and less efficient cards will be sold. The offers I (stupidly) turned down on rigs the last bull run blows my mind looking back. I won't make that mistake again.

For right or wrong, I have a plan this run and I am sticking to it.
Instead of selling in the way up the rising charts, you can set up a sliding sell order, which sell, when the price goes down a fix amount. So setting an order everytime you want to sell, which makes the current price a mi imum price. If you dont look at it again, you ll make a better dca out profit.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don't know what a bitcoin dinner is, but I want to go to one now.

Especially if they there.
They are 3 years older now. Ya should wait a year!

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
What are peoples bets on the halving?

Well, the last 3 times it has happened(2012, 2016, 2020). It did go up the following months. LOL

It ran up prior to the halving, pulled back a bit after the halving and it was sideways for a few months then kind of broke out.

In 2012 maybe people didn’t know so it was kind of dead-money.

But, right now 2024 it’s not the same IMO.

The play/bet around $BTC is different than a fiat-collapse or inflation play IMO.

It’s different than say Gold or Crude Oil.

Last edited:

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
History repeating itself.

Someone in my family(who probably shouldn’t be in my life) tried to shame me and humiliate me by showing me a fake screenshot of his crypto gains. This was last month.

I know we all have people like this in our lives. People who are liars, envious, gaslighters and wannabe’s.

This is how you know this is a bubble. When liars and wannabes think they are geniuses and know more than people who actually understand the technology.

Crypto is 100% a bubble that will collapse. It will be an opportunity to buy in cheaper though.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Someone in my social circle recently lost 50% of their life savings in crypto.

The guy is devastated.

I don’t offer my opinion on anything but is this really the same investing “regime” as they call it as the years previous?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

The guy is devastated.

I don’t offer my opinion on anything but is this really the same investing “regime” as they call it as the years previous?
how did he do that? Leverage or scam?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

The guy is devastated.

Ok, seems you have no answer.

Last week I bought BRETT, the first Base Memecoin and I „lost“ 50% of my investment. No, I didn’t. I would have, if I sold now.

Maybe, that’s the answer?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Tried to E-transfer money to coinbase (Canadian bank). Had the first one fail because it was over the limit I think. So I made a smaller one to test it, it went through instantly. So made a larger one. That "instant" transfer took like 3 hours.

Okay cash is on an exchange. Said exchange doesn't have the coin I want, so I buy LTC with my fiat poo coins. Now I own some LTC. I trade the LTC to the exchange I want it on.

LTC is now on XEGGEX exchange. I trade it for USDT, so that I can then trade into what I want. Now I own USDT. I trade my USDT into the coin I want.

Now I have the coin I want. I trade it off the exchange and into my own wallet.

Pain in the arse.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Cex mostly don’t have a banking license.
So the have to work together with a fiat bank.
Binance with UAB Bifinity, a lithuanian bank.
So every time my bank refuses to send my money there. Needs telefone time with bank every time.

To Kraken you can send via Paypal immediately. Costs 3%, but no phsycho.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm gonna be a gentleman and respond and give an answer.

You're implying that I'm lying or kidding.

Huh? Losing 50% on $BTC is a mathematical impossibility?

Well, you just buy High and sell Low with greed or fear with both hands. You gamble and fall for the sensationalism on social media platforms. You think the price ain't going down, then it does, then it stays there for a long time.

You do that as a swing trade a few times and your trading career as crypto super star is well...not doing so well.

I know the guy, but I don't have his phone number so he can text over his trade settlements or screen shots. And I ain't gonna be a disrespectful douche and ask.

The point is, I'm just trying to be a good influence and help others learn from other people's mistakes.

Oh, and what's this? Looks like I was right again. :rofl:

Yeah, I'm just a wannabe and a liar. :rofl:
I didn’t want to offend you.
Only it’s a tenor here to damn crypto as bad and evel and a story of someone loosing 50% fits perfectly to that.

I know that „making a loss“ well, but it’s imo never cryptos foult.

Sorry, when I tarnished your day, wasn’t my intention.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I want to look back on all this in a year and watch the 2020-21-22 chart look like a flat line. Kind of like how the last cycle made the one before it look like a flatish line.

I made one of my first ever FIAT to crypto trades the other day, WHAT A PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!!! No wonder there is so little adoption. It is a nightmare!
I usually buy some USDC from Coinbase and then sent it to my Phantom wallet (no fee). Then swap it there for the coins I want. But this is mainly on the Solana chain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.