The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Why is there a certain group of people in this thread that complain, spread negativity, mock people and crypto, and just generally make excuses for when there is a rally?

My belief is that:

A) They've lost money due to being an idiot investor/trader
B) Were too late in a cycle and now want to mock and insult others and crypto (jealous of their success)
C) A combination of the above

Maybe do something better with your time if you can't provide any value. None of the mocking, excuses or jokes are funny. You're annoying, seriously.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Why is there a certain group of people in this thread that complain, spread negativity, mock people and crypto, and just generally make excuses for when there is a rally?

My belief is that:

B) Were too late in a cycle and now want to mock and insult others and crypto (jealous of their success)

Maybe do something better with your time if you can't provide any value. None of the mocking, excuses or jokes are funny. You're annoying, seriously.
The universal law of bitcoin is that everyone gets bitcoin at the price they deserve.

Inversely, the amount of currency one loses in bitcoin is also the amount they deserve to lose.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Jadpapi

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 31, 2018
usa

My belief is that:

because crypto is a scam you like it or not, you buy some, and wait for the next sucker to buy it for higher price. does it have any use in the real world not at all.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
because crypto is a scam you like it or not, you buy some, and wait for the next sucker to buy it for higher price. does it have any use in the real world not at all.
If individuals can’t understand that when the presidents of entire countries are hopping on the bandwagon that it’s not going anywhere, there is no hope for those types of people.

Regardless of the myriad of opinions that float around on it, I have made a nice return on it.

Are you this passionate about dissing people that buy stocks?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jadpapi

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 31, 2018
usa
If individuals can’t understand that when the presidents of entire countries are hopping on the bandwagon that it’s not going anywhere, there is no hope for those types of people.

Regardless of the myriad of opinions that float around on it, I have made a nice return on it.

Are you this passionate about dissing people that buy stocks?
You still didn’t say any use for this worthless thing, when you buy stocks, you are buying stocks in real company. Still worthless answer, just like the crypto currency. It’s the biggest scam in out time. Doesn’t matter if you made a nice return it’s pure luck, and after the hype it will sink again, and it will hype again, till the government put at end to this scam.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
You still didn’t say any use for this worthless thing, when you buy stocks, you are buying stocks in real company. Still worthless answer, just like the crypto currency. It’s the biggest scam in out time. Doesn’t matter if you made a nice return it’s pure luck, and after the hype it will sink again, and it will hype again, till the government put at end to this scam.

I'm not going to address it because it's discussed in the 188 pages of this thread already.

Not wasting my time.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Same as baseball cards or artwork or classic cars.

Btw, if you can trade it for another currency it has value in the real world.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Changing gears away from the memes, and shit posting which I am quite enjoying on this thread lol

It seems everyone is waiting for, and expecting a pullback. Understandable, as Fox pointed out we are in extreme greed at the moment, things do look to be starting to get frothy.

I just wonder if this expectation might leave some people disappointed as everyone is kind of expecting the same thing and for us to see a correction and sharp fall some time soon.

I remember the BTC ETF being a ''sell the news'' event, and yet here we are.

Jim Cramer said that a ETH ETF will be next up the other day.... This guy just finds new ways to screw us over, probably won't happen now lol.

Jadpapi

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 31, 2018
usa
Same as baseball cards or artwork or classic cars.

Btw, if you can trade it for another currency it has value in the real world.
not the same at all for so many reasons. Anyway I don’t want to discuss this anymore. Because kids be responding to my post, then pretend like they don’t have time, then emojis this isn’t 2013 anymore, not my style. Good luck.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
You wanna bet 1000$ to 1000$ this hype will end soon, and this worthless market will sink again, then the next wave of suckers will hype it again, and then

not the same at all for so many reasons. Anyway I don’t want to discuss this anymore. Because kids be responding to my post, then pretend like they don’t have time, then emojis this isn’t 2013 anymore,
Nah, your right. I'm wrong.
Have a good day man.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
not the same at all for so many reasons. Anyway I don’t want to discuss this anymore. Because kids be responding to my post, then pretend like they don’t have time, then emojis this isn’t 2013 anymore, not my style. Good luck.

We get it already. You lost money in crypto.

Regale us your mutual fund portfolio so we can make some real money

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Same could be said about any investment because that is how it works.
People have been saying crypto is a scam and a bubble but they have been saying this for over 10 years and it keeps going higher.

Maybe educate yourself about investments and also how cycles work...

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
There's 1000s of coins and many indeed are useless. Smart people know which ones are the winners. Unlike foolish people with money who take financial advice from Reddit or Twitter and drop all their money in a memecoin that pumps and dumps.

When you are buying particular coins you are investing in the tech. That is what crypto is, it's technology. And it does have value. In MJs books he talks about relative value and the reason why things like BTC, ETH, and SOL go up in price is because people perceive this relative value.

If people perceive value then that is all that is needed for them to hand over their money or invest in something. This alone is what makes people feel confident. The fact that so many others believe in the value.

People were saying BTC is a scam for over 10 years and the price keeps going higher. And when that has happened multiple times, the same ignorant people keep calling it a scam. If it isn't for you, fine, you can move on.

Jadpapi

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 31, 2018
usa
Same could be said about any investment because that is how it works.
People have been saying crypto is a scam and a bubble but they have been saying this for over 10 years and it keeps going higher.

Maybe educate yourself about investments and also how cycles work...

There's 1000s of coins and many indeed are useless. Smart people know which ones are the winners. Unlike foolish people with money who take financial advice from Reddit or Twitter and drop all their money in a memecoin that pumps and dumps.

When you are buying particular coins you are investing in the tech. That is what crypto is, it's technology. And it does have value. In MJs books he talks about relative value and the reason why things like BTC, ETH, and SOL go up in price is because people perceive this relative value.

If people perceive value then that is all that is needed for them to hand over their money or invest in something. This alone is what makes people feel confident. The fact that so many others believe in the value.

People were saying BTC is a scam for over 10 years and the price keeps going higher. And when that has happened multiple times, the same ignorant people keep calling it a scam. If it isn't for you, fine, you can move on.
I am not smart enough, and this is why I never invested in crypto, and never will. I work in technology, and I am not smart enough to understand the technology behind it. Can you explain what exactly the technology behind crypto, and what problem does it solve?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
not the same at all for so many reasons.

Please explain.
Anyway I don’t want to discuss this anymore. Because kids be responding to my post, then pretend like they don’t have time, then emojis this isn’t 2013 anymore, not my style. Good luck.

Yet, you keep replying…

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Save your breath. The guys not smart enough to invest in crypto as he doesn't understand it, (his words not mine) yet in the same breath says he is 100% sure its a scam.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Changing gears away from the memes, and shit posting which I am quite enjoying on this thread lol

It seems everyone is waiting for, and expecting a pullback. Understandable, as Fox pointed out we are in extreme greed at the moment, things do look to be starting to get frothy.

I just wonder if this expectation might leave some people disappointed as everyone is kind of expecting the same thing and for us to see a correction and sharp fall some time soon.

I remember the BTC ETF being a ''sell the news'' event, and yet here we are.

Jim Cramer said that a ETH ETF will be next up the other day.... This guy just finds new ways to screw us over, probably won't happen now lol.
Since we’re being serious I actually hit my cash out number but can’t bring myself to

Interest rates are still high
Eth etf
Halving
The thread apps exchanges and socials are a little active but nothing like last time

We are around last times ath which tends to be the next rounds bottom

The worst case scenario is selling now then missing all the profit and buying back in a year or 2 at the same price which is the new bottom

Well worst case is it drops again and I didn’t cash out but that not going to happen.

That kind of thinking makes me think it’s sell time but I think it’s genuine and isn’t yet

Also to the person who said retail can do nothing to move prices now. What?? It was at this price last time with only retail. Now we will have retail and etf. And more retail because the etf makes it more legit and naturally retail grows each time anyway. Weirdest thing I’ve read.

If I’m being honest I kinda hate crypto now and can’t wait to be out and not think about it but I’m just big and greedy so I’m not going anywhere but the moon

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Since we’re being serious I actually hit my cash out number but can’t bring myself to

Eth etf
Halving
The thread apps exchanges and socials are a little active but nothing like last time

The worst case scenario is selling now then missing all the profit and buying back in a year or 2 at the same price which is the new bottom

Well worst case is it drops again and I didn’t cash out but that not going to happen.

That kind of thinking makes me think it’s sell time but I think it’s genuine and isn’t yet

Also to the person who said retail can do nothing to move prices now. What?? It was at this price last time with only retail. Now we will have retail and etf. And more retail because the etf makes it more legit and naturally retail grows each time anyway. Weirdest thing I’ve read.

If I’m being honest I kinda hate crypto now and can’t wait to be out and not think about it but I’m just big and greedy so I’m not going anywhere but the moon

That was me who said retail can't move anything now. I was referring to bitcoin and Ethereum not the other crap.

We only got up here due to greyscale, Michael saylor, etc.

All you have to do is look at the market cap of those coins to know that plebs like me and you and a bunch of others are investing peanuts. We don't move the price.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Eth etf
Halving

Ehh, yeh I mean I can see the want to cash out.

I have just been sitting on bags for so long that I feel like selling at some point aswell.

Or taking some off the table at least.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Ehh, yeh I mean I can see the want to cash out.

I have just been sitting on bags for so long that I feel like selling at some point aswell.

Or taking some off the table at least.
Depends on your goal, I set a goal at the start of this year and part of achieving it relied on cashing out a certain amount. I thought it was somewhat reasonable to expect to hopefully do it towards the end of the year but we are already at that number

Now I’m like well if I wait till it goes up more i can cash that number out and let the rest ride, or cash out and buy a nice watch as well, greedy

Plus the obvious fomo and having held bags so long that I want to at least wait a little longer see it through and hopefully get a much better result

Be nice if it goes up to a point where I can cash out at a price so stupid I don’t have to think about it, but everyone will do the same at that number so gl

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.