The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 46395
What’s everyone’s predictions?

Will his friends and donations save him or is he doing life?
He probably doesn't have any friends at this point; there's already talk about the donations being returned. That being said, his parents are Stanford law professors and I'm sure he's got some money bags hidden away somewhere, so he'll have the best defense money can buy (although he's screwed up royally giving interviews to everyone).

My guess, he does a few years at some low security federal camp. I'd love to see the book thrown at him and he get something like 25 years, but we all know how white collar crime usually goes. He'll wind up writing a book and selling the movie rights.

There's a good quote on this. "You steal millions you go to jail. You steal billions you get speaking gigs."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
View attachment 46395
What’s everyone’s predictions?

Will his friends and donations save him or is he doing life?

He might get a similar Wolf of Wall street treatment.

I hope not, but seems that the media does glorify the idea that you can get rich by stealing from other "wealthy" people and use that to fund an extravagant life style

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
View attachment 46395

He probably doesn't have any friends at this point; there's already talk about the donations being returned. That being said, his parents are Stanford law professors and I'm sure he's got some money bags hidden away somewhere, so he'll have the best defense money can buy (although he's screwed up royally giving interviews to everyone).

My guess, he does a few years at some low security federal camp. I'd love to see the book thrown at him and he get something like 25 years, but we all know how white collar crime usually goes. He'll wind up writing a book and selling the movie rights.

There's a good quote on this. "You steal millions you go to jail. You steal billions you get speaking gigs."
View: https://twitter.com/mjdemarco/status/1602487700954656768?s=46&t=fij2HOfNd_RLfzAdchrnfw

:rofl:

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Yeah, I've seen the quote going around on Twitter.

Would be interesting if he had any dirt on Binance or Tether. There might be a deal to be made if he can flip on others.
I think the more likely deal is he doesn’t flip on the others involved and in return they cover it all up for him

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Flip on who? He’s the whale in this!
You need to give up someone bigger for a deal. The magnitude of what this cunt did is mind bending huge.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019
Flip on who? He’s the whale in this!
You need to give up someone bigger for a deal. The magnitude of what this cunt did is mind bending huge.
Regulators have a hardon for CZ/Binance. In fact, it was announced this week CZ and Binance are under investigation for money laundering and sanctions violations. Given the history between Sam and CZ, and especially the fact that Binance was the one that initiated FTX's downfall by dumping its FTT (and also walking away from buying FTX and saving it from bankruptcy), I can see where Sam would offer to give any dirt he has on CZ/Binance in order to knock a few years off his sentence.

Big picture, Sam knows a lot of secrets about how the industry really works. He's seen it both as an operator of an exchange and as a trader. If the government wants to make crypto look as negative as possible in order to have more regulatory authority over it, then making a deal with Sam and knocking a few years off his sentence is probably worth it for them. They hate stable coins, so any dirt he has on Tether, etc. would be useful to them. All the pump and dump schemes, scams, money laundering etc., you'd at least want to sit down with him and hear what he has to say.

It's kind of like how they made a deal with Sammy the Bull. Yeah, he was a scumbag that admitted to being involved in 19 murders, but he had the dirt on a lot of other scumbags and that made him useful.

I'm not saying Sam's going to walk free for ratting out on others, but it could knock 5 to 10 years off a conviction. It's all about what he can give them.

I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Arrest CZ. What are the US prosecutors waiting for? He's currently based in my country. Issue an extradition order for him and our gov will comply. Once this guy is in the US, send him to jail where muscular hunks are waiting for him in the cells. My instincts tell me he is doing lots of very shady business. The world needs to know.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So he was arrested a day before he was due to testify in congress

How convenient

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
More scammers getting charged. Par for the course.
  • Federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission charged seven social media influencers with using Twitter and Discord to commit securities fraud that netted them more than $100 million in illicit gains.
  • The separate criminal and civil complaints also accuse an additional influencer with aiding and abetting the scheme, authorities said on Wednesday.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So he was arrested a day before he was due to testify in congress

How convenient
This x100

This is the way of things. Just like Maxwell is in jail for her "company" which has no customers.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
This x100

This is the way of things. Just like Maxwell is in jail for her "company" which has no customers.
Yep

Closed courtrooms, no media coverage

Maybe they’ll find a celebrity case to fill the news cycle at the same time as this one

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
  • Federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission charged seven social media influencers with using Twitter and Discord to commit securities fraud that netted them more than $100 million in illicit gains.
  • The separate criminal and civil complaints also accuse an additional influencer with aiding and abetting the scheme, authorities said on Wednesday.

The world of crypto is even slimier and sleazier than the world of ecom/dropship bros.

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019

These guys were just pumping and dumping stocks. I'd love to see them go after crypto scammers too but I don't even know if it's illegal to pump those if they're not considered securities.

Speaking of pump and dump, I'd love to see them go after Chamath on all those SPACs he was involved with.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Isn’t the potential accusement of Binance, because they are suspected to help to bypass the embargo against Iran in 2018? And aren’t they not accused therefor as its not possible to assign a wallet adress to a special cip code?
FUD about binance imo

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
P n d groups are so popular! All scammers!

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019
View: https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1605754522038460417?s=20&t=M-4N8AZC_60mkEiG4O576A

Caroline Ellison and Gary Wang have plead guilty to charges and are likely cooperating, so SBF is screwed. Best bet now is to probably plead out as well and give up anyone he can.

Martin Shkreli went over the federal sentencing tables for financial fraud the other day. Depending on which judge he gets, SBF could be looking at life if he goes to trial and up to 30 years if he pleads out.

View: https://youtu.be/2ivqzyjfHG0

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I wonder, what will be the next big thing.

As ther were fe:
Metaverse
NFT

Now, I could imagine any AI related coins or token.

What do you think?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
When you are or want to be invested in anything Binance related, thats an interesting read:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
When you are or want to be invested in anything Binance related, thats an interesting read:
Edith:
So I think, in the first years maybe Binance pumped their coin. But in the meantime the do everything to make every thing legal and as safe as a market leader can do it.

Imo BTC is the ONLY decentral cryptocurrency. Everting else allways depends on so e business, who manages the chain.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Seed phrase storage: take stainless steel washers, print one number and the word one on each. Thread the washers on a screw with a nut.
Now you have a packed seed prase, you can devide on several screws and hide on differet places. As you like it. Cheap, forever, and as secret as can be. Noone can see it by accident.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Seed phrase storage: take stainless steel washers, print one number and the word one on each. Thread the washers on a screw with a nut.
Now you have a packed seed prase, you can devide on several screws and hide on differet places. As you like it. Cheap, forever, and as secret as can be. Noone can see it by accident.
Now that is a cool idea!!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Personally I think its is hard for SBF to escape a long jail sentence.

It is all about preparation work done for abandoning a sinking ship. If he had anticipated the collapse and did a lot of work to erase the trail there is a chance to convert it into a civil affair and get a slap on the wrist.

SBF is all about resuming leadership and hallucinating that he could fix everything but he couldn’t. Now with all his subordinates trying to get plea bargain they will work with prosecutor to put all blames on SBF.

The real get out of jail free cards are handed to the tier two leadership in FTX with less than five years sentence. Now with all anger at SBF he just became a convenient target to throw all blames on to him and close the case asap.

The government/prosecutor/police is not interested about justice. They are interested about preserving their own image as the safeguard for public justice and closing case asap, even if it means putting innocent people in jail or letting villains get away. Now SBF became the perfect target to be used an example to show that no one is above the law. It wins you a lot of political points and PR points when you put someone hated in jail. His parents’ connection are not big enough to save him.

Last edited:

AidenRafi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
The judge he got is quite soft comparatively, the gods are smiling on SBF. I would bet on 10 years.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Honestly I am not that familiar with Crypto. Recently taken into this world by a good acquaintance. Now I'm following it a bit more.

Maybe a real 'Noob' question, but ask it anyway. Can major cryptos (Bitcoin, Ethereum) be hacked, and what are the consequences?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Honestly I am not that familiar with Crypto. Recently taken into this world by a good acquaintance. Now I'm following it a bit more.

Maybe a real 'Noob' question, but ask it anyway. Can major cryptos (Bitcoin, Ethereum) be hacked, and what are the consequences?
Yes. The blockchain can be changed. So the history of transactions can be changed.
But at present the encryption difficulty of the two mentioned is still higher than the possibility of hackers.
Though Vitalik ( eth) thinks and talks to increase the difficulty as allready computers are developed, who are said to be able to crack eth difficulty.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007