The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

mamamargaux

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 24, 2022
My opinion Cryptocurrency just opened another avenue for scams and money laundering. Just me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Yes. The blockchain can be changed. So the history of transactions can be changed.
But at present the encryption difficulty of the two mentioned is still higher than the possibility of hackers.
Though Vitalik ( eth) thinks and talks to increase the difficulty as allready computers are developed, who are said to be able to crack eth difficulty.

Chinese Researchers Claim to Break Encryption Using Quantum Computers

Last edited:

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

Chinese Researchers Claim to Break Encryption Using Quantum Computers

I looked into this a bit, and it looks like they are a) using a smallish quantum computer and extrapolating to a much larger one to make the math work, and b) using an algorithm that is considered unreliable at scale. Taking into account the standard box of salt you have to take with anything that comes out of China, I'm not worried about asym encryption being broken anytime soon.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I looked into this a bit, and it looks like they are a) using a smallish quantum computer and extrapolating to a much larger one to make the math work, and b) using an algorithm that is considered unreliable at scale. Taking into account the standard box of salt you have to take with anything that comes out of China, I'm not worried about asym encryption being broken anytime soon.
It is hard to verify such claims, indeed. But there are many such reports in the lasts months.

Here are some published articles:

Researchers claim that they can break encryption with 372 qubits quantum computer Chinese Researchers Claim to Break Encryption Using Quantum Computers

IBM has 433 qubits quantum computer IBM launches its most powerful quantum computer with 433 qubits

In 2023 IBM will have 1000 qubits quantum computer and promises 4000 qubits quantum computer in 2025.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment 46760

Are we rich again ? Lambo soon ?!

2021 "Back To The Future"!

shfnes7pdc901.jpg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I suppose the next bitcoin halving is in March 2024, so yes, it could in fact moon pretty soon.

I don’t think so… I’ve been wrong before. Still, crypto has been bombarded with bad news, and it’s not getting better. Not sure why the recent pump.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
In every cycle there were bad news, scams and whatever. What I found for me is, that the principal of the btc cycle is astonishing similar. You can play a bit with this graph. It of course only gives hints, but timing often is similar to the last cycle.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I don’t think so… I’ve been wrong before. Still, crypto has been bombarded with bad news, and it’s not getting better. Not sure why the recent pump.
Good cpi numbers and short covering

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Good cpi numbers and short covering

Of course there is also the “gold” of digital world argument that during inflationary times should hold value - Bitcoin. There is hope…

But I see the huge scandals scaring away too many people and large players from investing.

The day of this:

View: https://twitter.com/volodyagusak/status/1614633347887804416?s=46&t=EVp7UzkLTf8ax4A2fT4x4Q

… are over.

How long before institutional funds flow in big numbers back into crypto? What will it take?

So I’m a skeptic today.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
$LYXe mainnet update on the 22nd of January.

Might see a bump or a dump... @MitchC

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Of course there is also the “gold” of digital world argument that during inflationary times should hold value - Bitcoin. There is hope…

But I see the huge scandals scaring away too many people and large players from investing.

The day of this:

View: https://twitter.com/volodyagusak/status/1614633347887804416?s=46&t=EVp7UzkLTf8ax4A2fT4x4Q

… are over.

How long before institutional funds flow in big numbers back into crypto? What will it take?

So I’m a skeptic today.
I don't understand this. If they wanted crypto why didn't they buy and hold crypto? Buying into FTX or coinbase or binance or quadrigacx or whatever is buying into a trading platform, not buying crypto.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
I don't understand this. If they wanted crypto why didn't they buy and hold crypto? Buying into FTX or coinbase or binance or quadrigacx or whatever is buying into a trading platform, not buying crypto.
Maybe regulations prohibit them from directly buying crypto, while they can buy stocks, even if they are crypto related ? I don't know about Canada, and actually don't know precisely about here, but pension funds are heavily regulated and I would be very surprised if they were authorized to buy BTC in France.

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Because they didn't want crypto, they wanted the crypto industry. Since its a pension fund, they may have had rules that wouldn't let them "invest" directly in crypto, so they instead went into a crypto company. Basically, they saw Canadian rainbow dollars raining down from the skies and didn't want to miss out, so they jumped into what they could.

Related, this nonsense is why I'm glad I'll never have or need to depend on a pension to support me. You have zero control over what these people do with the money, even though it affects you directly.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
$LYXe mainnet update on the 22nd of January.

Might see a bump or a dump... @MitchC
Thanks for the update, every time this threads bumped I remember I have it and wonder what’s happening.

Knowing our luck it’ll dump because it’s not going to pump and everyone that’s been waiting for mainnet and a pump will sell.

It’d almost be better if they waited for the next bull market to launch.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Bitcoin is about to go parabolic in my humble opinion. In the next 12 months it'll be apparent how badly the Chinese economy is doing and this will trigger a bull run on BTC.

Maybe I'm wrong, watch this space to see.

It's starting, up 20% from when I posted this, I predict it's $60k high (or there abouts) by around March/April as the halvening approaches.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A big trap has been laid for the bulls and once the bulls are all in, snap.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Fro

The day of this:

… are over.

So I’m a skeptic today.
From a technical trading point of view, btc has already been institutionalized. The correlation with tech stock and nasdaq has been high.

BTC will move together as tech index with higher.
volatility.

The good news is that there is no more three year bear market and one year bull market kind of cycle. Duration of bull market depends on tech stock and risk asset behavior in general. Good news is that bull market will be longer and bear market will be shorter.

But because right now all tech stocks valuation are decimated, I think this profound change is still under appreciated.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Fro

From a technical trading point of view, btc has already been institutionalized. The correlation with tech stock and nasdaq has been high.

BTC will move together as tech index with higher.
volatility.

The good news is that there is no more three year bear market and one year bull market kind of cycle. Duration of bull market depends on tech stock and risk asset behavior in general. Good news is that bull market will be longer and bear market will be shorter.

But because right now all tech stocks valuation are decimated, I think this profound change is still under appreciated.
Is this your option or do you have some way of showing this to be true?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Is this your option or do you have some way of showing this to be true?
Since it involves my opinion on the future which has yet to be fully played out. It is my opinion.

But there is evidence that bitcoin and tech stock price opinion is getting very higher. This is not seen in previous cycles.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Not sure what they're going to announce. Maybe crypto will crash hard following this news.

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

Not sure what they're going to announce. Maybe crypto will crash hard following this news.
They did it this afternoon. It was action against some Russian exchange nobody’s ever heard of.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
They did it this afternoon. It was action against some Russian exchange nobody’s ever heard of.

They are likely just warming up:

"Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Polite of the Department of Justice's criminal division suggested U.S. authorities were “just getting started” in cracking down on similar firms involved in facilitating money laundering. Though no official directly commented on the ongoing case against crypto exchange FTX and its former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried, Monaco warned against those committing crimes against the U.S. financial systemfrom a tropical island"

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
They are likely just warming up:

"Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Polite of the Department of Justice's criminal division suggested U.S. authorities were “just getting started” in cracking down on similar firms involved in facilitating money laundering. Though no official directly commented on the ongoing case against crypto exchange FTX and its former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried, Monaco warned against those committing crimes against the U.S. financial systemfrom a tropical island"

Oh I’m sure there’ll be more, and worse. They’ve got themselves a big ol’ government sized stick, and they’re gonna hit every single thing they can with it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.