The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Actually backtracked on my investment. Broke even. Realized there is a 2008 crisis going on in China, and USA at the same time sort of. Also a global recession. Asset valuations will keep going down. Bitcoin is still too correlated with world markets so if there is a big downturn there it's nearly impossible for btc price to be going up when this happens. We may still go further down.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Actually backtracked on my investment. Broke even. Realized there is a 2008 crisis going on in China, and USA at the same time sort of. Also a global recession. Asset valuations will keep going down. Bitcoin is still too correlated with world markets so if there is a big downturn there it's nearly impossible for btc price to be going up when this happens. We may still go further down.

Probably will go down more, time for generational buys after midterms.

Economy will be pumped until mid-terms, and then band-aid (if you can call it that), will be ripped off.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Eth 2.0 happens in Mid September as well! That might cause some waves, in either direction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Eth 2.0 happens in Mid September as well! That might cause some waves, in either direction.

It feels like trying to predict the weather, wind blows another way and here we are.

I haven't traded anything since last year, no plans to change my holdings either... We'll see if I am wrong in a few years :clench:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

What happened to decentralization? All it takes is for govs to ban web hosts and data centers from hosting any crypto projects. Good luck running your own data centers.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France

What happened to decentralization? All it takes is for govs to ban web hosts and data centers from hosting any crypto projects. Good luck running your own data centers.
This is a real issue indeed. 50% of ETH nodes are hosted on AWS.

1661680682737.png

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
5F6D5712-11DD-420F-A788-AB2D4F948356.png
Binance the biggest exchange in the world is now a WEF clown show, probably has been this whole time.

I heard JP Morgan or one of those bank provided the original money for etherium. Seems more and more likely.

You will own nothing (except a bunch of digital shitcoins, a jpg and some virtual land) and be happy

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

This is what I never understood. I don't see any decentralization when the world's corporate oligarchies can shut down entire networks, and cancel people.

And Binance kowtowing to the WEF? Geez what a joke, that's like the 1st Baptist Church partnering with the local strip club.

Everyone's a genius in a bull market. In this case, it was a greater fool market. Notice how all the "day trading" threads here dried up. Where's James Fake and all his crypto technical analysis? I've seen this dog-n-pony show repeat for over 30 years, same story, different asset class.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Where's James Fake and all his crypto technical analysis? I've seen this dog-n-pony show repeat for over 30 years, same story, different asset class.

Are you referring to the James Fend guy? If it's the one I'm thinking about (the asian looking guy), I remember seeing photos of him using some stick to draw diagrams on the ground/soil in one of the fastlane conventions a few years ago, and everyone in the photo formed something like a circle listening to him intently :rofl:

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Are you referring to the James Fend guy? If it's the one I'm thinking about (the asian looking guy), I remember seeing photos of him using some stick to draw diagrams on the ground/soil in one of the fastlane conventions a few years ago, and everyone in the photo formed something like a circle listening to him intently :rofl:

I must admit I was one of the guys in that circle :blush:

He was making sense at that time... or was it the alcohol...

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I must admit I was one of the guys in that circle :blush:

He was making sense at that time... or was it the alcohol...

I didn't attend any Fastlane conventions but his posts always made a lot of sense and seem credible. I know nuts about investing or finance but I always assume he's the informally-endorsed investing expert by the forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m fascinated by the tch analysis guys. Lots of story and allway the results: if it goes down, than you can short. If it goes up, you can long. And some numbers with clealy selling/buying vollume.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 15, 2020
United States

I believe the future of NFTs are in gaming products once the stigma has been broken, but we'll see. Right now it just appears that everything is eroding and for good reason. The get rich quick from crypto/nft days after definitely over. Most people show up late (which is in the past year).

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I didn't attend any Fastlane conventions but his posts always made a lot of sense and seem credible. I know nuts about investing or finance but I always assume he's the informally-endorsed investing expert by the forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I found 99.5% of anything he wrote to be 100% gibberish.

I am still long on the tech and utility of this, but yea, using it as a "get rich quick" is a recipe for disaster.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are you referring to the James Fend guy?

Yea, James is a great guy and I met him. I hope he is doing well.

IMO, crypto steered a lot of would-be entrepreneurs away from real Fastlane opportunities, with the lure of easy money and shiny object syndrome. The only people who got rich (or richer) were the early adopters, some miners, Gary V, the brokers/exchanges, and the ICO minters.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Yea, James is a great guy and I met him. I hope he is doing well.

IMO, crypto steered a lot of would-be entrepreneurs away from real Fastlane opportunities, with the lure of easy money and shiny object syndrome. The only people who got rich (or richer) were the early adopters, some miners, Gary V, the brokers/exchanges, and the ICO minters.

It can be very easy money so I agree.

Crypto made alot of people money and will continue to, but that days of a $1000 investment making you life changing gains are so hard to come buy that's its like buying a lottery ticket now IMO.

The market cap is just too big, and moving the needle takes more $$$$ by bigger players.

Still better than stocks by a mile though.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
beside the phylosophy:
how will the ETH merge influence RVN, Fantom and the other ETH regarded Tokens?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another crypto fraud from my neck of the woods... intriguing read....

"off the backs of idiots"
"typical dumb MLM investor"

Regarding the "idiot's" comment, as I've said for the last decade, crypto is the perfect "asset" for scammers due to its levels of complication. The SEC website is just flooded with crypto scammers. This is why I've never made any substantial investments as I simply don't understand it completely.

1662818030998.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Regarding the "idiot's" comment, as I've said for the last decade, crypto is the perfect "asset" for scammers due to its levels of complication. The SEC website is just flooded with crypto scammers. This is why I've never made any substantial investments as I simply don't understand it completely.

View attachment 45099

Wow! That is nuts. I have looked at a few of those "mining pools" where they pool money to buy equipment and you get a share of the revenue. Not looked at them to invest, but looked at them to see their costs and payouts.

I know a guy that has invested a lot into one that looks like a pyramid scheme to me. Their listed hashrates for costs look legit, but their payouts are very suspect. For whatever hashrates they are able to generate their incomes are too high and it always looked seriously suspect to me.

As someone who is legitimately building a mine with other people's money this stuff really pisses me off. Why not just do what you say you are going to do? Why the need to knowingly defraud people??????

Rob Tennant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 29, 2013

View attachment 45099

This looks a lot like the internet bubble of the late 90’s. Imo, same bs going on. There is legit innovative tech underpinning all of this, but people are taking advantage of an early stage not well understood new asset class that lacks regulatory clarity and luring greedy folks looking to get rich quick. A Tale as old as time.

That being said, I believe there is gong to be a few long term winners here (likely 1 big one), similar to google, Facebook et al dominated post internet bubble, once the smoke clears. There is a steep learning curve here, even for tech minded people, so I can’t imagine being non tech and trying to wrap my head around all this.

There is one “crypto” that ( if gov leaves alone and stops trying to figure out ways to ban it), is head and shoulders above the rest. It’s built upon time tested age old principles that any true business person/entrepreneur deeply understands. Be careful it there.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
For anyone following, the Ethereum 2.0 event happens this week. The mining hashrate on Ethereum is tanking, and the other popular proof-of-work coins are going crazy.

The difficulty on the other coins are shooting up like mad, and the payouts on all of them are less than half of where they were a few weeks ago. Things are getting interesting!

Ravencoin, which was a top contender to take a big % of ethereums hashrate, has gone from coin market position of around 110 to 66 as of this writing! Same goes with big moves from a lot of the other coins as well.

Neoxa has come from nowhere and taken a big chunk of hashrate as well. Ergo has doubled its hashrate since the start of September.

They estimate that half of the hashrate on the Ethereum network is ASIC machines, which must move to ETC or become paperweights. So if those numbers are right, that means the ETC hashrate is going to 10x by the end of the week! All this attention on these alts is surely going to cause some fluctuations in pricing.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So I had $11 stuck on another exchange I needed to move and clear out. Between security protocols, enter PIN#s, enter this, enter security codes sent to phone/email, Authenticator apps, it took me 31 minutes. 31 F*cking minutes to withdraw freaking $11. And this technology is going to revolutionize money? This technology is the "most secure" when I have to jump through 1,310 hoops to withdraw and move eleven bucks? And here's the thing, not even all of it was moved and part of it "needs approval" -- so awesome I need some 3rd party to approve moving 4 bucks.

Sometimes I wonder if hype just erases all common sense.

What an utter waste of time.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So I had $11 stuck on another exchange I needed to move and clear out. Between security protocols, enter PIN#s, enter this, enter security codes sent to phone/email, Authenticator apps, it took me 31 minutes. 31 F*cking minutes to withdraw freaking $11. And this technology is going to revolutionize money? This technology is the "most secure" when I have to jump through 1,310 hoops to withdraw and move eleven bucks? And here's the thing, not even all of it was moved and part of it "needs approval" -- so awesome I need some 3rd party to approve moving 4 bucks.

Yeah, or like I had to recently, you have to do KYC on some shady Chinese exchange. No KYC to deposit, but to withdraw it took me about an hour because I had to add all these Authenticator things and then after all that I had to do KYC. It was more than $11 so I didn’t have a choice.

Like sweet so I’ll just send a pic of my ID and a 3D scan of my face and my passport details to a Chinese exchange I’ve barely heard of. You can buy copies of all these documents on the darknet from people who no doubt have had to submit them to a company like this.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Was the $11 from ETH POW? Because I had one ethpow coin worth $11 deposited into my kraken account a few days ago which had 1 eth in there. Can someone explain this to me?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019

To be fair - these are problems associated with centralized exchanges and regulatory restrictions, and not blockchain technology.

For example I keep money on the Ethereum network. I can make permissionless transfers in as little as 13 seconds.

If I need to withdraw money to a bank - I use the FTX exchange, which imo is head and shoulders above the rest of the competition. Money leaves the ETH network to my FTX account in 13 seconds. Appears shortly thereafter in my FTX account. From there I xfer over to my bank account.

I think a more important criticism of the tech is the fantasy of decentralized money. That and the fact that the industry is reliant on stablecoins, which are centralized products.

My working hypothesis is that this tech is largely a product of the likes of the WEF with Marxist ambitions of further centralizing the flow of money, rather than the supposed libertarian cypherpunks.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm actually surprised I didn't get this message when doing the withdrawal...

Someone will ring your doorbell in the next 48 hours to make sure you say who you are. Please have your birth certificate ready and 14 other forms of identification.

Was the $11 from ETH POW?

No it wasn't.

It was 2000 units of some shit coin, worth a total of .000000004 USD.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Was the $11 from ETH POW? Because I had one ethpow coin worth $11 deposited into my kraken account a few days ago which had 1 eth in there. Can someone explain this to me?
ETHw is some piece of shit offshoot since ETH moved to proof of stake. It's probably some marketing BS to get people to think ETHw has value.

Oh, and ethereum is now pretty much completely centralized, and they are not letting people withdraw or unstake any stakes coins. Lol, ethereum is becoming a shit coin. Way to go guys.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.