The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
ED7C50C9-C656-48BD-8D63-7FEBB24B15B8.png
This is the “potential “ play James was talking about. Might not happen and we might jump right past 50k and stay there. The guys who do TA all agree on this and then the old Bitcoin boys/girls think it will consolidate for a week or two in a W before takeoff :moneybag::moneybag:. One of them is right:cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment 38124
This is the “potential “ play James was talking about. Might not happen and we might jump right past 50k and stay there. The guys who do TA all agree on this and then the old Bitcoin boys/girls think it will consolidate for a week or two in a W before takeoff :moneybag::moneybag:. One of them is right:cool:
Translation for the less graphically intelligent like me, please.
Is the speculation that either:
A) BTC has a false positive run up now, sell now to buy back in at $20k pricing.

or

B) the recovery from carnage ended and we are heading back up to $50k pricing.

one of them is right? Am I getting it right?

for A, you sell. For b you’d miss out if you sold, so HODL.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What sucks is that Coinbase pro doesn’t have DCA.
Didn’t you buy some at $5k after March? Figured this year would have brought your crypto allocation % up. Does this mean you are going heavier weighted than the norm of 5-10% that you normally see people mentioning? Just curious as I would take this as a sign of better adoption for the future if more people are upping their allocations.
Do you mean $50k? Because it was no where near $5k lol. I bought some at $6k in 2017. But I sold that years ago also.

I bought $100 worth in April mainly to confirm that my account and funds transfer was still valid after 3 years. I had $0 in crypto so ramping up to 5% would take a while.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@biophase Just do it with regular coinbase, and then trade it into your coinbase pro after the fact if that's where you want it. Free and instant trades between the two.

If you are looking to purchase and hold though I would move it onto your own hard wallet.

Doesn’t Coinbase charge higher commissions than Pro? Or do they charge less with DCA?

Edit: it’s 1.5% on Coinbase and .5% on Coinbase pro. Prob not enough to make a difference with what I put in.

Last edited:

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Do you mean $50k? Because it was no where near $5k lol. I bought some at $6k in 2017. But I sold that years ago also.

I bought $100 worth in April mainly to confirm that my account and funds transfer was still valid after 3 years. I had $0 in crypto so ramping up to 5% would take a while.
Lol I could’ve swore that was you but I’m probably getting it confused with someone else. This was like back in May -July 2020 I’m trying to remember from this thread.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Yes, one is it will ramp up somewhere between 45 and 50,000 where you would sell and then buy back down on the dip.
The second one is it plays between 30 and 42,000 for a while where it then ramps up past 50,000 to continue the bull run.
for A, you sell. For b you’d miss out if you sold, so HODL
Not necessarily you can sell at 48 to 50,000 no matter what as this is a key indicator point. What that means is there will be a retest eventually back down at that 50,000 level before it jumps up to test The 58,000 and all time high level. So you could then make your buy on the retest before new ATH.

One strategy you can use is keep half and sell half. If it shoots past you have coins in play. If it crashes down to 20 you have money to buy.

edit:,Can always hodl as well

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Lol I could’ve swore that was you but I’m probably getting it confused with someone else. This was like back in May -July 2020 I’m trying to remember from this thread.

I looked at my old posts on crypto, makes me sad. LOL

Jan 2018 - "I bought some in October around 300ish I think, but I just got some more at $1170 a few days ago. I'm just holding, I don't plan on selling anything. It's either to the moon or I'll ride everything down to $0."

I sold all of this somewhere in 2018 and it wasn't much to write home about.

March 2020 - "I have no idea what I'm doing with crypto, but buying and holding bitcoin at $3k sounded good last year as does buying more at $5k sounds pretty good to me now. Do it for the long term guys, not to trade!"

I read this and was like WTF happened to these purchases? But then I read it again and I never said I bought any, I only said it sounded good at $5k. Damn it. LOL This is why I say I have no idea what I'm doing. LOL

When I say that I have no crypto, I don't have $0, but it's under $5k in my CB account. It's mainly leftovers from the 0.00xx that you have when you sell. I can't even remember the exchange I used to use. What were the top exchanges in 2018?

But during the whole time from 2017 until now, I've been just lurking on the sidelines gathering info and reading about it. However, when I buy a ETH or a BTC, it really amounts to dabbling. I mean I have a couple gold coins too, but that's not really investing. It's not enough to make any difference in my portfolio.

I believe that investing is to make a concerted effort to allocate an asset into your portfolio strategy. And that's what I'm doing now. I moved money into Coinbase and am waiting for buy opportunities so I can get some chunks at a time.

On another note while searching for my lost exchange account, I came across this email from 2015. My friend was send his company and the acquiring company wanted to pay in bitcoin but we were like WTF, we want cash. Oh if he would have only accepted it!

M C <mxxxx@yahoo.com>
Thu, Oct 15, 2015, 10:04 AM
to me

Finally. I gave them wire instructions, they say it can take 3-5 business days. They were really pushing Bitcoin. Yikes!!!

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@biophase Kenric, get a ledger or something if you start making purchases. Exchanges have been coming and going like crazy, so holding on an exchange and forgetting about it can mean you lose it forever.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
I moved money into Coinbase and am waiting for buy opportunities so I can get some chunks at a time.
Wire some funds over for access now and ladder in some low buys where you would like to buy and might have a possibility. Coinbase and many other exchanges crashed during the last steep drop. Was trying for over an hour to purchase between 30-34k and could never get an order to go through.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
D

Deleted78083

Translation for the less graphically intelligent like me, please.
Is the speculation that either:
A) BTC has a false positive run up now, sell now to buy back in at $20k pricing.

or

B) the recovery from carnage ended and we are heading back up to $50k pricing.

one of them is right? Am I getting it right?

for A, you sell. For b you’d miss out if you sold, so HODL.

It whether goes up, or down.

No other option lol.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If we are posting conspiracies this one came true and I made some nice gains off it, not sure if this guy or the person who posted the original post can be followed to see if they predict it again.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Is anyone able to explain market caps and their affect on crypto prices?

Why is it that crypto like Bitcoin and ETH can reach $1,000's whereas other crypto would never reach that price. The reason given typically is because of market cap. It doesn't make sense to me that some coins need a larger market cap than bitcoin to reach a price (which is significantly smaller than that ETH or Bitcoin are at).

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 20, 2019

Why is it that crypto like Bitcoin and ETH can reach $1,000's whereas other crypto would never reach that price. The reason given typically is because of market cap. It doesn't make sense to me that some coins need a larger market cap than bitcoin to reach a price (which is significantly smaller than that ETH or Bitcoin are at).
Simply number of tokens x price =mcap

For example x coin is $1000 and has a circulating supply of 1000 tokens = 1 Mil marketcap.

Y coin is $10,000 but has a circulating supply of 10 tokens so is only a $100,000 mcap.

A lot of projects increase their token supply to create the 'cheaper price' effect so retail buy it because bitcoin is 'too expensive'.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

Coin price * number of coins = market cap

More coins -> lower price for a given market cap, etc.

Look at YFI, for instance. 1 YFI right now is $45k, but market cap is ~$1.6B compared to Bitcoin's ~$706B

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Thank you for the explanation you two, I appreciate it! I get it now. :)

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Here's a great video to share with you guys, in case anyone here needs to strenghten conviction in the Bitcoin standard:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkZLm_0ynXQ

Despite the recent market manipulation, FUD and liquidations, this video got me more bullish than ever.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well guys, I sold all my hardware and coins at $2000 ethereum. I'm now on the sidelines waiting to see what happens. It's going to 0 guys, get out while you can.

(Just kidding)

GerTex

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Oct 18, 2012
Arlington, Texas
Mark Cuban has become and major investor in Polygon (Matic). Along with Ashton Kutcher he's also a investor into Zapper.fi. He's going BIG time into the DeFi space.

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
Mark Cuban has become and major investor in Polygon (Matic). Along with Ashton Kutcher he's also a investor into Zapper.fi. He's going BIG time into the DeFi space.
Well guys, I sold all my hardware and coins at $2000 ethereum. I'm now on the sidelines waiting to see what happens. It's going to 0 guys, get out while you can.

(Just kidding)
You will be happy with your ETH purchase.....long term...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
For those of you with significant holdings, make sure that you have a way for your loved ones to access it in case something happens to you.

I have given instructions to my wife on what to do in case of an emergency. She calls someone I trust who can help her with the information I have given her. I don't want my children and her to have to suffer any more than needed.

One of the main Canadian exchanges went down because the owner "died" in India and he was the only one with the passwords. He had like $500,000,000 worth of other peoples cypto on his exchange when it happened. quadrigacx. Yes I used that exchange, no I never left anything on it more than 5 minutes

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
For those of you with significant holdings, make sure that you have a way for your loved ones to access it in case something happens to you.

I have given instructions to my wife on what to do in case of an emergency. She calls someone I trust who can help her with the information I have given her. I don't want my children and her to have to suffer any more than needed.

One of the main Canadian exchanges went down because the owner "died" in India and he was the only one with the passwords. He had like $500,000,000 worth of other peoples cypto on his exchange when it happened. quadrigacx. Yes I used that exchange, no I never left anything on it more than 5 minutes
Good reminder to all.
Hardware wallets. Exchanges come and go, control your ownership regardless if it is "significant" or not.

BEN5zq

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 15, 2020
@biophase Kenric, get a ledger or something if you start making purchases. Exchanges have been coming and going like crazy, so holding on an exchange and forgetting about it can mean you lose it forever.

I wonder if we are making small purchases to buy some coins like BTC/ETH in exchange website like Shakepay or Ndax (Canadian versions), do we still need Ledger or any hardware wallet?

If there is a dip coming again anytime, we can purchase more coins in small amounts and then move it to Ledger EVERY time? How does it work?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.