The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to transfer content to other domain without 301?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

venkatweetz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 20, 2019
Hi,

I have one website which I believe might be penalized, maybe because of backlinks or some other off-page related issue, I just can't tell definitely. but the content is high quality so I was thinking to move it on another domain, but 301 redirecting will probably pass any penalty that current domain has. What would be the best way to move current content so google won't consider it as duplicate?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Hi,

I have one website which I believe might be penalized, maybe because of backlinks or some other off-page related issue, I just can't tell definitely. but the content is high quality so I was thinking to move it on another domain, but 301 redirecting will probably pass any penalty that current domain has. What would be the best way to move current content so google won't consider it as duplicate?

Export all the content to local drive,delete it and upload to new site. You will lose any frequency related penalties,won't hit dupliction(maybe 48 hours before deploying) and won't take all the penalites.

Add Google bot to disallow in robots.txt on new site then give all content on old site cannocial links to new site,so google will see that the content as a copy but won't apply duplicate penalties because it sends the link juice to new site.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
Couple things, here:
  1. 301 Redirect: This just tells the Google Bots that all the content for the site has moved. Any stats related to the old site will apply to the new site.
  2. If you create a new site without a 301 redirect, Google will think of it as a brand new site and it won't carry over any stats
  3. If you wanted to move the site without a 301 redirect, then use a 302 redirect and use a canonical link on your old site. That will make Google think that the new site is the original source. You will still be starting SEO from scratch. The 302 redirect will help point human beings towards your new domain.
If you think you're getting a duplicate content warning because someone else published similar (or the same) pages as you, then you can try to see if they'll put a canonical link on their site that points to yours.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

karmaseo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 11, 2019
Transferring content on new domain requires 301 redirection. Otherwise you will not be indexed on google with same old content.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.