The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB SCHOOL Best way to transfer content to other domain without 301?

venkatweetz

New Contributor
Sep 20, 2019
Hi,

I have one website which I believe might be penalized, maybe because of backlinks or some other off-page related issue, I just can't tell definitely. but the content is high quality so I was thinking to move it on another domain, but 301 redirecting will probably pass any penalty that current domain has. What would be the best way to move current content so google won't consider it as duplicate?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Hi,

I have one website which I believe might be penalized, maybe because of backlinks or some other off-page related issue, I just can't tell definitely. but the content is high quality so I was thinking to move it on another domain, but 301 redirecting will probably pass any penalty that current domain has. What would be the best way to move current content so google won't consider it as duplicate?
Export all the content to local drive,delete it and upload to new site. You will lose any frequency related penalties,won't hit dupliction(maybe 48 hours before deploying) and won't take all the penalites.

Add Google bot to disallow in robots.txt on new site then give all content on old site cannocial links to new site,so google will see that the content as a copy but won't apply duplicate penalties because it sends the link juice to new site.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 13, 2018
Couple things, here:
  1. 301 Redirect: This just tells the Google Bots that all the content for the site has moved. Any stats related to the old site will apply to the new site.
  2. If you create a new site without a 301 redirect, Google will think of it as a brand new site and it won't carry over any stats
  3. If you wanted to move the site without a 301 redirect, then use a 302 redirect and use a canonical link on your old site. That will make Google think that the new site is the original source. You will still be starting SEO from scratch. The 302 redirect will help point human beings towards your new domain.
If you think you're getting a duplicate content warning because someone else published similar (or the same) pages as you, then you can try to see if they'll put a canonical link on their site that points to yours.

karmaseo

PARKED
Jul 11, 2019
Transferring content on new domain requires 301 redirection. Otherwise you will not be indexed on google with same old content.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Damn this is impressive. You got a huge amount of students on there and great reviews. Great work Lex.
Replies
Views
Top Bottom