The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best "Template-Based" Website Builder?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Can anyone suggest the easiest place to create a professional and beautifully designed Digital Marketing Agency Website via a template?

I'm looking to make something very similar to these 2:

*Minus the videos.

They both have similar websites (as both are high performing agencies)

Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
I have this WordPress theme and I like it a lot, is very easy, configurable and flexible, and support is fast and accurate.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Divi Builder for sure. It costs like 100$, but it's yearly fee and can be used for unlimited sites.
It has over 100 templates, which can be edited super easily (basically swap the content). Of course, it's also easy to add and remove sections.
Check this example, there's many like this and all can be edited effortlesly Digital Marketing Landing | Elegant Themes
P.S. I'm in no way affiliated or anything. I just had to find a way to make my own sites without any skills and this is what works for me.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I have this WordPress theme and I like it a lot, is very easy, configurable and flexible, and support is fast and accurate.

Is word press easy to use with zero coding skill required to build an agency website? I want something as easy to use as ClickFunnels.

Divi Builder for sure. It costs like 100$, but it's yearly fee and can be used for unlimited sites.
It has over 100 templates, which can be edited super easily (basically swap the content). Of course, it's also easy to add and remove sections.
Check this example, there's many like this and all can be edited effortlesly Digital Marketing Landing | Elegant Themes
P.S. I'm in no way affiliated or anything. I just had to find a way to make my own sites without any skills and this is what works for me.

Hmm, I used Divi once but for some reason I didn't like how difficult it was. Maybe I'll try it again.

Looking for something super easy "drag and drop" with nice templates.

Do you think its better than wordpress?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Currently using Flatsome.

Even though it's built for woo commerce it's extremely flexible and you can basically design anything in it. They've got a whole library of elements and premade sections you can customize.

Designing a site like VaynerMedia would be cake.

@Lex DeVille is also using it I believe.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Is word press easy to use with zero coding skill required to build an agency website? I want something as easy to use as ClickFunnels.

Hmm, I used Divi once but for some reason I didn't like how difficult it was. Maybe I'll try it again.

Looking for something super easy "drag and drop" with nice templates.

Do you think its better than wordpress?

Note, I had (have) zero web design skills. I tried wordpress template. Too hard to make it look nice. Tried elementor. Also didn't like it. Tried Divi and I love it. They already have templates for most of the industries with pre-made sections like contact forms, counters etc., which can be easily added.
It as simple as choosing whatever section you wan't and then setting the right size, color, changing the text and picture.
Of course, it will take few days to really get used to it, but they have great guides on how to do pretty much anything.
And it's like a plugin, so you will still be working on wordpress platform.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Currently using Flatsome.

Even though it's built for woo commerce it's extremely flexible and you can basically design anything in it. They've got a whole library of elements and premade sections you can customize.

Designing a site like VaynerMedia would be cake.

@Lex DeVille is also using it I believe.

Can you build a site like King Kong® — Digital Direct-Response Marketing Agency on it though? Trying to find a template similar to that.

Note, I had (have) zero web design skills. I tried wordpress template. Too hard to make it look nice. Tried elementor. Also didn't like it. Tried Divi and I love it. They already have templates for most of the industries with pre-made sections like contact forms, counters etc., which can be easily added.
It as simple as choosing whatever section you wan't and then setting the right size, color, changing the text and picture.
Of course, it will take few days to really get used to it, but they have great guides on how to do pretty much anything.
And it's like a plugin, so you will still be working on wordpress platform.

I know a template that KingKong.com.au uses (wordpress theme called Salient), wondering if I can use that with Divi or is it restricted to just Divi types?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Can you build a site like King Kong® — Digital Direct-Response Marketing Agency on it though? Trying to find a template similar to that.

I know a template that KingKong.com.au uses (wordpress theme called Salient), wondering if I can use that with Divi or is it restricted to just Divi types?
If you want something like that template then just use the same template.

Flatsome could build 99.99% of that site besides the pulsing play button.

I’ve used flatsome for every business site I’ve created, from agency to e-commerce.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019

What are you talking about? It's insanely easy to use. As others have pointed out, there may be a learning curve, but try doing the same thing without Divi. There is still a limit at what those tools can do; it still takes time. I just takes 10X less time than it used to with less sophisticated tools.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
What are you talking about? It's insanely easy to use. As others have pointed out, there may be a learning curve, but try doing the same thing without Divi. There is still a limit at what those tools can do; it still takes time. I just takes 10X less time than it used to with less sophisticated tools.

That's right.

I've made 3 websites with Divi. However - and this is a BIG however... it's like playing the piano or speaking Spanish. Sure it's easy - any 7-year-old can do it - once they know how. It took me a few months and a lot of trial and error to become fluent enough to make respectable sites that I could charge for if I wanted to. Over the past couple of months, they have released many major improvements, which I have to sit down and figure out someday. My to-do list never gets shorter - so I don't know when I'll get to it.

If you're at all serious about this, set aside two or three months to really master it. Website designs look great - but that is a true art, and it is anything but easy to create a really good one that will turn heads and get solid results. For example, I have 9 LAYERS of animation on a banner that I just created. Taking into account that I had to design it - then create the parts of it - then put it all together, that one minute of razzle-dazzle took about a week to finish. But it's worth it because it does what I need it to do; get customers.

Then, of course, you have the SEO and/or paid marketing angles to consider. A website is no good if nobody sees it. That's another art form that takes a lot of skill.

But - anyone can do it. I make a lot of changes, and I'm very picky, so I have to do things myself. Definitely watch some YouTube videos to get up to speed faster.

Buy the one-time lifetime package. It's $249 and you can use it forever as much as you want to. I went with Divi for this reason. Their main competitor, Elementor, has to be paid for every year. I hate software that I have to pay for continually. Adobe and Microsoft are good at that - and I don't use any of their software for that reason.

To really see what you can do, check out their website; The Most Popular WordPress Themes In The World

It will impress you - but don't think you're going to get something like done in a week unless you are already well versed in web design.

Some 7-year-old kids can play the piano AND speak fluent Spanish. Remember that when you're feeling smart. You're not as smart as some 7-year-olds in Mexico. Six-year-olds - sure - 7-year-olds; better reevaluate your skillset... I'm working up to it... LOL.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019

With Divi Builder you have to either: start from scratch (drag and drop modules/sections) or customize one of their themes.
But, I checked their site. It wouldn't be hard to make it on Divi, even from scratch. The process would be somewhat like: *add text module - edit - choose the font etc. *add cta button - choose color, size etc.

*"I should get paid for promoting them" :D

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
Can anyone suggest the easiest place to create a professional and beautifully designed Digital Marketing Agency Website via a template?

*Minus the videos.

Any ideas?

I don't use any website builder platforms, although I have worked with clients in the passed who have. SquareSpace are always the sites that stand out most to me, they seem to provide higher quality templates and have a better editor than others.

Or you can use WordPress themes from ThemeForest if you have a little development/hosting knowledge, which is the preferred option over an online builder.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
With Divi Builder you have to either: start from scratch (drag and drop modules/sections) or customize one of their themes.
But, I checked their site. It wouldn't be hard to make it on Divi, even from scratch. The process would be somewhat like: *add text module - edit - choose the font etc. *add cta button - choose color, size etc.

*"I should get paid for promoting them" :D

Yes, but creating the pieces and the text to generate business is the tricky part. I have redesigned one of my websites more than six times (I lost count) and I think I can finally say that I'm happy with it. I could add a few more elements, but that's not my goal. My goal is to immediately grab my customer's attention and pull them in. If my site does its job properly, it will generate business.

Once the site is created, then I have to launch it - promote it - create links to it. Get it out there.

All of those little things are skills unto themselves. Copywriting. Photography. Composition. SEO marketing. And, of course, delivering the product or service that beats my competition. Those are not easy things to accomplish.

It's like fishing. All I have to do is put some bait on a hook and throw it in the water? Yep - that's all. Easy. Or not.

The ad below cost a lot of money. It didn't work on me. My first impression is I don't like the car (should have had an assortment that would appeal to a much wider audience). My second impression is I'm not going to take the time to read that tiny print (should have used a bulleted list that is easy to read). The third impression is I don't care what they are saying - it doesn't matter at all (Should have emphasized multiple points instead of one single pitch). Fail. And that's from a very big company that does a lot of advertising. Even the pros fail, and they spent a LOT of money on that ad.

A properly done website is a piece of art. But it's not constrained by being static like the ad below is. You can add animation, colorful pictures, and multiple messages that pop or slide in, out, and around. It's like comparing a photograph to a movie preview. Notice how movie previews grab you AND steer you? A photo ad just sits there and does nothing - and hopes you pay attention. It has taken me many years to achieve good results with websites, and I consider myself to just be scratching the surface.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
When I see something I like, I clip it so I can use it in my website.

The example below is exciting and interesting. I will use it. BUT I will greatly improve on it because I will have the elements slide in from the side. I like this design a lot.

Making a design that people like a LOT is hard to do. It is hard to generate a stunning web page, which is exactly why I grab ones to refer to when I can.

The point is - Divi is a very powerful aid in doing all of that. I can't understand why templates sell. Everything I do I create from scratch, based on something that I saw that impressed me. A good web page should have four or five sections. More than that and it gets too watered down. Less than that and you risk not fully making your pitch. I don't need a template to create four or five sections. I just do it.

When you see something that "works" well to get your attention - grab it and adapt it.

Here is one of the samples I'm talking about. Look how interesting and polished this is...

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado

*Minus the videos.

Any ideas?

As for your links to the two sample sites. They both suck.

The first one is way too irritating. And way too much to read. It screams unprofessional.

The second one is just stupid. I identify this as being done by a millennial (Sorry for the dig to millennials - not all of them are brain dead, of course, but the ones that are, are epic). Misses. The. Mark. Completely. In a big big way. This one makes the first unprofessional one actually look professional - LOL.

I was doing sites twice as good as these when I was half as good as I am now - and I'm not that good at all.

Set your sights a LOT higher. You should have NO trouble creating sites that are MUCH better than these two.

Last edited:

Mill0006

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 11, 2018

*Minus the videos.

Any ideas?

What I did was used theclientpros.com They created the website for me and I added the content. It was very cheap like $200 and saved me a lot of time. I used to try to do the whole site myself and it took too long and I couldn’t get the formatting right.

ArthurVontress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 16, 2019

*Minus the videos.

Any ideas?

Both of those sites are....rough. I also cannot stress enough that you avoid Wordpress. It's a cancer that should be cut out from the web design world.

Top three platforms to avoid:
- Wordpress
- Wix
- Weebly

Remember - when building a website avoid "www"

To better guide you... what are you trying to accomplish?

Simple lead-gen?
Maybe a blog?
Do you already have a client base?
How're you going to use the website?
Do you plan to put any spend behind it?

Looking forward to your answers.

Last edited:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
. I also cannot stress enough that you avoid Wordpress. It's a cancer that should be cut out from the web design world.

Why do you stress that Wordpress is avoided?

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Are you a digital marketing agency that has developers and designers you outsource to? Strike up a deal with one of them maybe.

If you haven't and you are just starting out, look at elementor builder and astra pro theme (wordpress). Has a few agency templates already on there you can look at.

Fox recommends satre html theme which looks nice.

If you don't want to put a bit of time into learning it I would look at finding someone highly rated on upwork from the philipines to help you out that knows the theme and builder you are using and put aside a few hundred bucks. It's still not going to be all that great though.

ArthurVontress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 16, 2019
Why do you stress that Wordpress is avoided?

That's a great question!

So we all know that Wordpress definitely fills a void and there are plenty of quality plugins. Look at some of the stuff mentioned so far in this post like Divi (a theme technically) and Oxygen builder. Both hold merit and achieve a goal which is to make Wordpress usable. But that is also the problem... so many people and businesses put their faith (and in some instances hundreds of thousands of dollars) into software that cannot work unless you force a handful of plugins into it like an angry toddler shoving toys into a VCR.

At some point... you'll have to buy a new VCR (or I guess a blu-ray player at this point).

The foundation is weak and prone to breakage and ultimately can cost you both money and time.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
That's a great question!

So we all know that Wordpress definitely fills a void and there are plenty of quality plugins. Look at some of the stuff mentioned so far in this post like Divi (a theme technically) and Oxygen builder. Both hold merit and achieve a goal which is to make Wordpress usable. But that is also the problem... so many people and businesses put their faith (and in some instances hundreds of thousands of dollars) into software that cannot work unless you force a handful of plugins into it like an angry toddler shoving toys into a VCR.

At some point... you'll have to buy a new VCR (or I guess a blu-ray player at this point).

The foundation is weak and prone to breakage and ultimately can cost you both money and time.
Agree but it's hard when starting out to afford much else though isn't it.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

Anyone who spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on a wordpress design is a fool, sure.

For launching a simple professional looking site cheaply, and quickly that’s also easy to use and extremely customizable there is no better option.

If your needs are complex then Wordpress won’t be the best option however nothing discussed here has merited anything more than a wordpress site.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I've used ThriveThemes on Wordpress, and find it intuitive and relatively idiot-proof. I'll use it again - and when my company gets big enough, I'll hire a proper web designer.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada

The first one is way too irritating. And way too much to read. It screams unprofessional.

The second one is just stupid. I identify this as being done by a millennial (Sorry for the dig to millennials - not all of them are brain dead, of course, but the ones that are, are epic). Misses. The. Mark. Completely. In a big big way. This one makes the first unprofessional one actually look professional - LOL.

I was doing sites twice as good as these when I was half as good as I am now - and I'm not that good at all.

Set your sights a LOT higher. You should have NO trouble creating sites that are MUCH better than these two.

Hey, thanks for your feedback.

That agency (First one) is a $10M/year agency and the fastest growing company in it's country.

I think your view of web development is too perfectionist for what I'm after.

If their site is so bad, why are they killing it?

I'm not going to focus 3 months of my time as I believe you hinted at "if I'm serious" on a website.

I can focus that 3 months on Lead Generation & Sales (High ROI Tasks).

Nonetheless - I agree that Divi is likely the superior option. I may choose either Divi or SquareSpace given I have experience with SquareSpace and its templates look very professional.

This is an important lesson that time is very important and you can't focus it on non high priority tasks when launching your business.

I'll create a professional looking agency site with Divi or SquareSpace and quickly move onto what matters: Lead Generation & Sales.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
If their site is so bad, why are they killing it?

Well, there sure is a lot of information in this thread. Very good info too.

To answer your question, they are killing it because they are providing something of great value. A great website is not going to be able to kill the market if the product or service is crap. A website is a very powerful tool - but the company must provide value at the end of the day - no matter how good or bad the website may be.

And beyond a website itself, there is a lot of exposure and/or promotion that must be designed, implemented, and constantly improved. Like a garden, a website is a thing that should grow and produce benefits. Therefore, it has to be tended to. That is a skill that is extremely valuable, as all successful companies devote a LOT of time and money to grow and increase profits, and gain market share - of which a website is a key factor in doing that.

Your question, as posed above, should be; how much more successful could these companies be if they had a high-quality website? Lots - believe me - lots. They are successful in SPITE of their terrible ugly websites. I believe they are doing themselves more harm than their competition could - and I know a lot about this - because I use the SAME technique against my competition. When one of my potential customers looks at one of my many competitors websites and then looks at mine - I get them as a customer 100% of the time. My competitors would have a better chance at gaining business if they had NO website at all. But I am glad they have never taken the time and energy to do a little research to figure this out- LOL!

With that said - don't be too quick to throw up any bare bones or ugly website to concentrate on sales. You are on the right track - but don't settle for a website that will hurt you. As I mentioned earlier, I have redone mine at least 6 times, and my results have increased every time too - more sales - more referrals - better ranking, yada, yada, yada. My reputation has soared as well, as my website paints me as the ultimate authority in my field, due to a very extensive and hard hitting blog. My website is not only engaging to viewers - it is a RESOURCE to them. This is important stuff!

What I should have said earlier, as a perfect example of what a website can do is this; When you compare a movie poster for a coming attraction, that is no comparison to the power that the preview of the same movie will deliver. That's the power your website should deliver as well. Make it impossible to be ignored - make someone stop and look at it - and STEER them to learn more, or ultimately become a customer. That's a tall order for a poster - but it is a given for a good website.

One more point. Wordpress is the most popular framework to build a website in the entire world. While it has its faults and weaknesses, no product is a perfect solution 100% of the time, unless you pay to go first class, of course, with a company that can do it all for you. You don't have to worry about spending hundreds of thousands. I spent $250 for a lifetime membership to Divi, and about $100 for some additional plugins that are absolutely fantastic. I could spend more, and probably will as I grow - but it won't be more than one or two hundred bucks. As the biggest framework, they also have the biggest selection of add-on plugins you could ever hope to see. If you're not a fully capable coder able to do everything by yourself, this is the next best thing - unless you want to spend 1-3 thousand and have a pro do a really good job for you. I wanted that option but didn't have the money. I am not sacrificing anything by doing things myself. My sites can stand side by side any sites. You can do it too.

Good luck.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

I agree that they both suck. They get the business because they do actually deliver what they promise - that is if you can work out what they promise. It can take a lot of effort for someone who is not attracted by bells and whistles.

I would also be reluctant to use a service provided by a company like King Kong that has errors in their opening letter.
  • Totally wrong word. Not a spell check error, but the wrong word.
  • Incorrect grammar. A "sentence" that is not a sentence.
  • Syntax error. A word in the wrong place in a sentence.
They need a copy editor, or better yet, a proof reader with a good knowledge of grammar and vocabulary. If they make mistakes on their own site, you may be sure they will make mistakes on their clients' sites.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.