The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best new car research website! (How NOT to ask/take advice)

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you all know about a new car research website called [link removed] The reason I decided to do this website is because I read the book, The Millionaire Fastlane . It is unlike any other car research website on the internet! You can filter by make, model, model year, engine type, drive type, transmission, induction, cylinders, doors, passengers, convertible, minivan, rear type, cab type, box type, price, horsepower, torque, pounds per horsepower, length, height, and curb weight! And you can sort by any criteria on the search results! Check it out and share with your friends and family.

Do you want to know which vehicles you can get with a manual transmission? There are 192 options!

Do you want to know which vehicles you can get with over 400 horsepower? There are 270 options!

Do you want to know which vehicles you can get with AWD or 4WD? There are over 300 options! What about with RWD? There are also over 300 options for RWD!

Do you want to know which vehicles you can get that seat 8 or more people? There are 55 options!

Use the search criteria to narrow down your results. Finding this information on your own would take hours, if not days, of research. With this tool, it will take you a few seconds. Have fun!

Any suggestions on how best to promote the website is much appreciated.

[link removed]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Do you want to know where this thread is going? The #landfill

On a more serious note, what's the purpose of this site? It tells me nothing about the car I'm researching. The site looks like it was built in an html class from the 90s. You provide no value at all to me as a shopper. If I'm looking for an Audi R8, I'm gonna check out audi.ca and find out every fine detail and option about the car. You have a few basic specs and one shitty image of the same car lol.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
bar-rescue-shut-it-down.jpg

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Why all the hate? He's done more than 90% of ppl on this forum.

I too am not sure who would use this site, or if it's unique, but I like the idea. Generating car sale leads is a huge business, more and more dealerships are outsourcing their internet leads now. I'd use location to show the end user local dealership where they can buy the car. Maybe somehow pull reviews for the cars too. I got to a car I thought was cool but was left with "OK, what's next?"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've left this up because it's feedback, and the IP checks out to the states, not a spam-sourced country.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia

I too am not sure who would use this site, or if it's unique, but I like the idea. Generating car sale leads is a huge business, more and more dealerships are outsourcing their internet leads now. I'd use location to show the end user local dealership where they can buy the car. Maybe somehow pull reviews for the cars too. I got to a car I thought was cool but was left with "OK, what's next?"

The hate is because he's:

1) A liar (he hasn't read TMF )
2) A spammer

Other threads on other forums here, and here - OH WAIT, THERE'S MORE. Copied and pasted.

No one would have cared if he came, contributed (even a nice introductory of himself while linking his website) a little and then did his advertising but this is clear. I can't believe you actually deem this acceptable.

@MJ DeMarco this isn't for feedback, it's blatant spam.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
Do you want to know where this thread is going? The #landfill

On a more serious note, what's the purpose of this site? It tells me nothing about the car I'm researching. The site looks like it was built in an html class from the 90s. You provide no value at all to me as a shopper. If I'm looking for an Audi R8, I'm gonna check out audi.ca and find out every fine detail and option about the car. You have a few basic specs and one shitty image of the same car lol.

If you already know you want an Audi R8, then you are correct, it doesn't give you much value (except it will tell you that you can get it in convertible or coupe). But if you want to know what other options you have besides an R8, with as much or more horsepower, that is AWD, for as much or less money, than it gives you great value.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States

To be honest, it is meant as a starting point for a person's car research. If you found a car that you like, what would be next would be to check it out on the manufacturer's website, and do more research on other sites that would give you ownership costs and reviews.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
The hate is because he's:

1) A liar (he hasn't read TMF )
2) A spammer

Other threads on other forums here, and here - OH WAIT, THERE'S MORE. Copied and pasted.

No one would have cared if he came, contributed (even a nice introductory of himself while linking his website) a little and then did his advertising but this is clear. I can't believe you actually deem this acceptable.

@MJ DeMarco this isn't for feedback, it's blatant spam.

I'm sorry you are so upset about letting people know about a new tool that can possibly save them hours, if not days, of research. I am spamming it to as many car forums as I can, because people on car forums are usually more tech savvy and will be able to figure out how to use the site and will probably be interested in using it. I spent hours playing with it. It is fun. Also, I have to get the word out somehow, and that is a free avenue to use.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
The website was outsourced. Not only that, my requirements were that it be built such that it is fast. Something more akin to Craigslist. But that wasn't successful right?

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I'm sorry you are so upset about letting people know about a new tool that can possibly save them hours, if not days, of research. I am spamming it to as many car forums as I can, because people on car forums are usually more tech savvy and will be able to figure out how to use the site and will probably be interested in using it. I spent hours playing with it. It is fun. Also, I have to get the word out somehow, and that is a free avenue to use.

I'm upset about you spamming your business without actually adding value to the forum first. Plenty of respected members advertise their businesses without an objection, but you're here to post today and never return. I don't care, but you're devaluing the community by doing this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Please tell us something that indicates you've read the book, and you're not just here to spam.

Incoming...

Is the financial plan of mediocrity -- a dream-stealing, soul-sucking dogma known as "The Slowlane" your plan for creating wealth? You know how it goes; it sounds a lil something like this:

"Go to school, get a good job, save 10% of your paycheck, buy a used car, cancel the movie channels, quit drinking expensive Starbucks mocha lattes, save and penny-pinch your life away, trust your life-savings to the stock market, and one day, when you are oh, say, 65 years old, you can retire rich."

The mainstream financial gurus have sold you blindly down the river to a great financial gamble: You've been hoodwinked to believe that wealth can be created by recklessly trusting in the uncontrollable and unpredictable markets: the housing market, the stock market, and the job market. This impotent financial gamble dubiously promises wealth in a wheelchair -- sacrifice your adult life for a financial plan that reaps dividends in the twilight of life. Accept the Slowlane as your blueprint for wealth and your financial future will blow carelessly asunder on a sailboat of HOPE: HOPE you can find a job and keep it, HOPE the stock market doesn't tank, HOPE the economy rebounds, HOPE, HOPE, and HOPE. Do you really want HOPE to be the centerpiece for your family's financial plan?

Drive the Slowlane road and you will find your life deteriorate into a miserable exhibition about what you cannot do, versus what you can. For those who don't want a lifetime subscription to "settle-for-less" and a slight chance of elderly riches, there is an alternative; an expressway to extraordinary wealth that can burn a trail to financial independence faster than any road out there.

• Why jobs, 401(k)s, mutual funds, and 40-years of mindless frugality will never make you rich young.
  • Why most entrepreneurs fail and how to immediately put the odds in your favor.
  • The real law of wealth: Leverage this and wealth has no choice but to be magnetized to you.
  • The leading cause of poorness: Change this and you change everything.
  • How the rich really get rich - and no, it has nothing to do with a paycheck or a 401K match.
  • Why the guru's grand deity - compound interest - is an impotent wealth accelerator.
  • Why the guru myth of "do what you love" will most likely keep you poor, not rich.
  • And 250+ more poverty busting distinctions...
Demand the Fastlane, an alternative road-to-wealth; one that actually ignites dreams and creates millionaires young, not old. Change lanes and find your explosive wealth accelerator. Hit the Fastlane, crack the code to wealth, and find out how to live rich for a lifetime.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
I'm upset about you spamming your business without actually adding value to the forum first. Plenty of respected members advertise their businesses without an objection, but you're here to post today and never return. I don't care, but you're devaluing the community by doing this.
Please tell us something that indicates you've read the book, and you're not just here to spam.

Well, I read it a couple of years ago. The author moved to Phoenix, AZ because he wanted to go somewhere warm. He was from the NE. He started an internet company out of his apartment after driving for a limo company and started a limo referral website. It talks about how owning a business can be just as bad as working at a job, or worse. It talks about how the franchisors are the money makers. He met some inventor driving a Lamborghini when he was young. Is that good or do I need to put more?

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
- Front page is unappealing.

- Big wall of text beginning with the getting started header is unnecessary and too long. Less is more.

- Pointless picture of a BMW.

- Why would I use this site over cargurus?

- Domain name is too long and a mouthful. Change the name. By the way, it looks spammy.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
As to spamming on sites, I fully intend to respond to any comments made on any of them. If spamming means posting and leaving to never be heard from again, than no I am not spamming. This is my business.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
the good:

I can search for cars over 400 hp with AWD and a manual transmission, that's pretty cool.

the bad:

design is too retro for its own good. Craigslist was designed that way because that's how websites were designed when it came out. It was so successful there was no need to redesign. This is a site you're deploying in 2017. The retro shit won't work for you.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
- Front page is unappealing.

- Big wall of text beginning with the getting started header is unnecessary and too long. Less is more.

- Pointless picture of a BMW.

- Why would I use this site over cargurus?

- Domain name is too long and a mouthful. Change the name. By the way, it looks spammy.

- I understand it is not visually appealing. Neither is Craigslist. The purpose is speed.
- I think a photo of many vehicles like I have on the Facebook page would probably be better. Or are you saying no photo?
- Because you can search for vehicles using a lot more criteria than you can on cargurus.
- I can think about trying to get a different name. It looks cheap, but again, so is Craigslist.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
the good:

I can search for cars over 400 hp with AWD and a manual transmission, that's pretty cool.

the bad:

design is too retro for its own good. Craigslist was designed that way because that's how websites were designed when it came out. It was so successful there was no need to redesign. This is a site you're deploying in 2017. The retro shit won't work for you.

I hope you are wrong.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I've just given it a proper analyzation, the search feature doesn't even function well.

1) You can't search for cars older than 2015 - which shows you're just scouring Dealership websites to grab your data, look further than that.
2) I'm trying to search for Mitsubishi Lancer, but I don't want to look at 2017, I want to try 2015 and it keeps screwing up, I have to click 'Reset Search' if I want to try again.
3) I think you need to redesign (I get it, Craigslist...). I think you need to fix your bugs. And lastly, I think you need to make an introduction post here.

All the best mate! Hope you stick around.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
It's not too late to try and add value to the forum by contributing in other ways besides promoting your business. Props to you for talking about what you already did rather than what you might do.

Lots of constructive criticism here, despite the negative sentiment. Perhaps you can take some of it to heart and make your website better. This can become a progress thread about you taking a thrown together website and making into something great.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
- I understand it is not visually appealing. Neither is Craigslist. The purpose is speed.
- I think a photo of many vehicles like I have on the Facebook page would probably be better. Or are you saying no photo?
- Because you can search for vehicles using a lot more criteria than you can on cargurus.
- I can think about trying to get a different name. It looks cheap, but again, so is Craigslist.

Very difficult to use on mobile and the site is buggy. You say the purpose is speed but I spent more than a minute punching in each criteria.

First, with car gurus, I just click make, model, and zip code. Second, I get results of actual cars for sell. Third, I can easily filter results with easy to read filters in a readable manner.

Yours is all over the place and I didn't even get a picture of an actual car

242txj5.png

I'm not trying to be rude it's just if you wanna have a website like this, it should be better and stand with the giants like car gurus if this make sense.

Here's an example of car gurus:

15i15ie.png

It was super fast to find the exact car I wanted on car gurus. On your site, it's overwhelming with so many buttons and had a tough time finding a blue mustang. Also, the buttons didn't work and I can't find older models e.g. A 1969

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I like the way the site is made. It is very simple. But it has alot of bugs. When I click on one button it erases some other buttons. The reset button should make all the buttons off right?

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
I'm trying to see the need.

Many on this site are car enthusiasts. I would put myself into this category. We are absolute stat, numbers, and research junkies. This site doesn't do us any good because when we start shopping for a vehicle we know exactly what we are looking for, how much hp they make, their 0-60, quarter mile time, average prices, etc. NADA.com and other larger sites already target the "noob" car shopper market by letting customers shop by style. I don't see your features attracting anyone but someone who wants "XXX amount of HP for $XXXXX". Those people already buy new mustangs, so I guess this is a mustang shopping tool.(<--- This is a joke, please no angry mustang fan messages, they ARE a performance bargain lol)

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
I've just given it a proper analyzation, the search feature doesn't even function well.

1) You can't search for cars older than 2015 - which shows you're just scouring Dealership websites to grab your data, look further than that.
2) I'm trying to search for Mitsubishi Lancer, but I don't want to look at 2017, I want to try 2015 and it keeps screwing up, I have to click 'Reset Search' if I want to try again.
3) I think you need to redesign (I get it, Craigslist...). I think you need to fix your bugs. And lastly, I think you need to make an introduction post here.

All the best mate! Hope you stick around.

It is only for current models. 2015 is actually for the Evolution, which is the only 2015 model that is the current model. All the information for the website comes from current model information on the manufacturer's websites. Thanks for the feedback though.

GuestUser303

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 6, 2017
United States
Very difficult to use on mobile and the site is buggy. You say the purpose is speed but I spent more than a minute punching in each criteria.

First, with car gurus, I just click make, model, and zip code. Second, I get results of actual cars for sell. Third, I can easily filter results with easy to read filters in a readable manner.

Yours is all over the place and I didn't even get a picture of an actual car
I'm not trying to be rude it's just if you wanna have a website like this, it should be better and stand with the giants like car gurus if this make sense.

It was super fast to find the exact car I wanted on car gurus. On your site, it's overwhelming with so many buttons and had a tough time finding a blue mustang. Also, the buttons didn't work and I can't find older models e.g. A 1969

My website is for new car research. Again, if you already know what you want, than you would want to use cargurus or some other website. You like the Ford Mustang? Great. Now, do you want to know what other options you have on the market, for new vehicles, that have similar criteria? Let's say you like convertibles, that have at least 400 horsepower, are RWD, and are manual transmission. Now tell me, using cargurus what your options are?

On my website, I can tell you after just a few seconds of selecting the criteria:
upload_2017-4-7_9-57-56.png

I was able to find you have 10 options ranging in base price from $43,320 to $132,350. Again, this is for new cars only, that is the purpose of the website, for people looking at new cars.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-7_9-56-31.png
    upload_2017-4-7_9-56-31.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 11

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content