The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best blogs to stay informed in 2021?

D

Deleted78083

What blog(s)/website do you read?

Why do you recommend it?

Background:

I have never watched Grease I became aware of Amazon in 2016. I didn't withdraw money at the ATM until I was 19. I started using Couchsurfing in 2013, and Airbnb in 2019. I learnt about bone-conducting headphones last week. But I knew by heart all the ministers in the Belgian federal government at 15.

The point is the following: I am a late bloomer. I am always the last one to learn about the existence of new services (Revolut), a new technology (blockchain), a new company (Clubhouse, Tik Tok).

I am sick of it.

There are people in this world that are always aware of the latest trends in finance and technology. You know the ones I mean. Those that got a Tesla Roadster in 2010, an iPhone in 2007, and they started a podcast in 2012. They know where to get high-tech material for 60% discount, how to fly for free, where the secret beach is located and which book to pull that reveals the secret room behind the bookshelf in Grandpa's office.

Where the hell do they get their info from?

In my mind, they are part of hidden forums or subscribed to secret newsletters telling them about these secrets.

Since knowledge is everything, would you help me find out where I could learn about the latest trends as well?

Where do you get your info from?

Thank you : )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I don't know if you are going to find some secret knowledge. We live in a world of information, so that kind of info that you're asking for has a price.

What you can do if to try to read blog, forum and other platform where you can find mainstream knowledge, and then try to figure it out by yourself.

For example, no one knows what is going to be the next trend, but if you try to absorb a lot of knowledge about a particular subject, you are going to start seeing some patterns. At the end, you don't need to be the first one, but not the last one either.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
If you want to be at the edge and learn them early, develop an interest on them. And move to the edge.

I love tech. I read about it regularly. That's what makes me discover new things fairly early.

Get involve into communities that discuss those kind of things as well. That would help.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Sign up for a free newsletter at explodingtopics.com and similar services. They're a pretty cool way to quickly learn about new trends.

Also, check our Peter Diamandis' work and other futurists who don't always predict correctly the next big thing but give a very good overview of the things that may get big soon.

D

Deleted73907

You could check out this blog:

It is a little bit a blog from nerds for nerds, but you get useful Information about latest trends in consumer hardware.

For example, I learned about the new Raspberry Pi Pico from this website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
TLDR: Find the industry leaders and follow them.

2TLDR: FML!!! I didn’t even really help you here because I never even mentioned blogs!!! I spent an hour writing just cuz I wanted to help but epically failed!! Gahhh.. sorry. My point was that blogs aren’t enough if you want to hear the super new stuff, you need to become friends with the leaders.

Ok now I shall share a bunch. Lol.

I have the opposite problem. I learn about stuff before anybody, including me, knows enough to care.

I knew about a specific type of blockchain before I even knew what blockchain was. I knew about Zumba when it was still in Brazil. I found the FIRST website that CrossFit had back when you had to get on to figure out your WOD because there were no CrossFits!

I find out about stuff before I even have the most basic knowledge of the vocabulary I will need to understand the whole concept. Ask me about quantum physics I dare you. Wait, nm, I only learned about that topic so I could get a joke that an actor made with Stephen Hawking. True story.

Worse, I never STAY interested longer than I need to figure out my own question so I never notice when something is going to be “big”.

When you discover something first, really truly first, or at least first among the majority of ppl you know it just seems really cool. You don’t automatically go “oh this will be the next Apple”.

I become aware of stuff WAY ahead of other people. It’s fun, don’t get me wrong. It’s just.. well.. it’s seen as odd, bizarre, or manic to think or talk about stuff that most ppl don’t understand.

Three weeks ago I found an investing class from an ex-teacher of Forex Trading. Then I discovered that one of the most successful looking investors on LinkedIn (MASSIVE resume with top names, huge amount of followers) was RE posting info from the group (that was like $20 to get in) almost verbatim. I’m relatively sure that in the next ten years children will be able to understand investing because it will have become common knowledge... or maybe not?!? I dunno. I got the answer to MY question so now I’m on to learning something else.

Seriously. I know where to get investing advice from the best of the best. Yay. That’s not anything big in here..on THIS forum but its not common knowledge in most places.

I can also tell you how I chased down an artist in Scotland who is making a type of neckkace by dying yarn and $2 cordage in her home and is selling it to museums in America for $800.

My point is I’m ALWAYS learning.

No one ever pays attention to what I’m learning because I can barely understand the concepts myself let alone explain them.. I never have time to do a deep study on anything.. and I’m. ALL. ALONE.

ok I’m not.. I’m super happy and I have a great fam.. but I don’t know anyone who chases down weird crazy new info like I do.. it’s like a freakish hobby. My hobby isn’t greed-based it’s like an insatiable curiosity and determination to answer a question I have. And I ALWAYS have questions!! Like right now I’m learning about mask layers in Photo Shop and I can’t wait until they explain how to rearrange those suckers!

I get mad at me when I realize how many opportunities I’ve missed due to leaving a specific body of knowledge after “getting my answer”. But.. it’s my life and if all the research I did on React helped me to better understand a poem by Tennyson.. well.. that’s me. And if most ppl don’t get it, that’s ok.

Novaturients. Whaddya do?

I can totally teach you how to be on the cutting edge though. It’s almost super simple.

Pick an industry.
Find the leaders.
Figure out who argues respectfully with them.
Follow both.
Do not accidentally like either “side” until you can figure out who to trust. You can only trust a leader as far as they are humble in their field. Where their humility ends is where they become blind.

See? I’ve already lost you. Sigh. Lemme try again.

Pick an industry, find the leaders. Follow them.
Figure out what they disagree on.

Chase down HUMILITY because it always, always, always leads to truth.

A real leader is NOT always the loudest voice in the room or the one doing the constant, ridiculous self-promotion or offering “help”.

You don’t want the social media prophet voice person.

You want the Expert Scholar who is so busy that he or she barely has time to post or build their “following” someone who is so in love with their subject that their book is too F*cking wordy and complex for most ppl to discuss beyond “wow this book changed my life and now I want to quit school! Squeeeee!!”

You want the REAL mastermind of the industry that everybody else follows. You also want their arch nemesis. (If they have one.) The nemesis will point out hidden undercurrents of knowledge that is still being argued about.

Now here’s where it gets tricky.. because if you’ve really found the leaders you’re not gonna know wtf they’re talking about. Seriously.

The good news is NO ONE ELSE KNOWS EITHER. The sycophantic following won’t ask questions because they assume they’re supposed to already know OR they don’t even know who the real leader is OR they’re too emo about being a follower of The Great _____ to focus on the info at all.

So, you found the leaders. Now what?

You have to love them. I’m not joking. Find a way to genuinely care about them. They’re tired. They’re working really hard. They may have sycophants but sycophants are selfish. Leaders usually have very few people who want to inspire them or assist them. They’re leaders so they love seeing things first, right? But being first means being out in front of the crowd, alone, often for YEARS. Oh and they’re SUPER brilliant so that means they don’t always know how to dumb down what they’re talking about so that regular ppl can understand.

(aside: THATS why teachers are so valuable btw, they bridge a perilous gap between Those With Vocabulary and Those With Lack of Vocabulary)

Now here’s where you have an advantage I don’t. You’re a guy. You can actually become REAL friends with the leaders rather than just someone who politely asks questions and offers encouragement, which is what I do. I ask questions about stuff or I try to help. If I can.

Mostly I just chase down everything they’ve ever written, everywhere. Somewhere in the copious info is the tidbit I’m looking for. If it’s not there I try talking to the leader directly. If they’re kind, thoughtful, or supportive.. I will defend them loyally 1000%. Sometimes I love certain leaders by just not talking bad about them or pointing out their supreme levels of ego. Sometimes I show them love by continually offering support only to be ghosted, repeatedly, because they’re in the midst of a breakdown. Now for some examples that do not correspond to the above.

If you ever mention Kak to me I’ll tell you he’s a great guy or why I’m annoyed that Biophase doesn’t have DM’s turned on but I will also tell you he’s a great guy or why in my book Lex is a really great guy or why TPuffer is freaking awesome. I could also tell you about a bunch of others.. like Mutant, RazorcutEnvision, Ronak, Broswoodwork and more because I read really fast when I’m curious AF.

These ppl have earned my respect by doing things they DONT mention on here very often, like the work it takes to provide a safe place for leaders to gather or the work it takes caring for their family or sacrificing for their country or trying DESPERATELY to help their closest (dumbass, lazy) friends learn something by giving of their time and energy, which yielded nothing much at all. Those people are heroes.

Find them, follow them, gain insight.

When I first joined the forum I could also tell you some of their industries, their sycophants, and who they DIDNT like, at all. I have forgotten a lot of it though because I don’t keep my mental research maps for very long. I just keep the main points.

All those leaders have directly benefitted me just by being themselves. Most of them have never actually talked to me directly more than once, if that. However, I have tried to bless them all, if only by a prayer but often with a like, a comment, a pm, or just a public declaration that I’m thankful for MJ and all of them.

I don’t leaders just in here. I do it in fb groups too. I’ve done it on Discord, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Kik, MeWe, YouTube, Vimeo, Skype, and a bunch more that I’ve forgotten.. lol. You HAVE to find the leaders.

Here’s the biggest hint I can give to you about making acquaintances with leaders.

Don’t be boring. Don’t waste their time. Don’t assume they’re happy. At all. Don’t be boring. Approach them like you would an old lion, who still has all his teeth. Most leaders are keenly aware of the effort it takes to be a king or queen and they’re exhausted. Don’t be boring. Serve them by respecting them. Try really hard not to point out their issues/discrepancies in knowledge/bad character habits. Every monarch has an ego and you are NOT the person to correct them until they ask you. And..... don’t be F*cking boring.

If you find the real industry leaders they will always lead you to the cutting edge information. Because they’re out in front of everybody else, on the edge, hanging by their freaking fingertips too busy to think about your issues.

Now, if all you’re interested in is getting attention like most of the world is online, you will never notice the leaders.

But of course, this is all just my .02. I am not a leader. I’m just a really good follower.

Also, this Asian investor recently got in BIG TROUBLE for saying that meetings with women took “too long” and um.. I laughed. I just like talking! Rofl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

If you want to be at the edge and learn them early, develop an interest on them. And move to the edge.

I love tech. I read about it regularly. That's what makes me discover new things fairly early.

Get involve into communities that discuss those kind of things as well. That would help.
What do you read?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
There's a relatively unknown blog I stumbled upon by pure chance, and I found incredibly insightful.
It doesn't talk about breaking news or anything like that. It's a more philosophical introspective view on entrepreneurship, self-development and money.

Check out Collaborative Fund.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
What do you read?

No one blog in particular in tech.

I google what interests me and I follow the trail.

For example, I'm figuring out cloud computing. I'm literally searching google, reading articles, and watching videos on YouTube. I will just follow that. And if something picks my interests (like what is TerraForm and why it is coming up often) I will branch out a bit.

I discovered Blockchain the same way. Forgot what I was interested in at that time, but I branched out to Blockchain, then more into cryptos.

There are many frontiers in tech. Just go with what you are interested in really, you will find the resources as you search.

If you want a starting point, follow the big tech VCs. See what they are talking about, look at their portfolio companies.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Daily Newsletters:

Websites:
(it's kind of bombastic, but they stay on top of breaking news, and they report on lots of tech/finance stuff, I just ignore the politics stuff).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

On top of the great suggestions already mentioned, I've been digging trends.vc

There's a paid tier for in-depth analysis, but the free reports are great too.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
There's a relatively unknown blog I stumbled upon by pure chance, and I found incredibly insightful.
It doesn't talk about breaking news or anything like that. It's a more philosophical introspective view on entrepreneurship, self-development and money.

Check out Collaborative Fund.
They've got some interesting articles. I've added them to my Feedly!

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Sometimes it's as simple as going beyond the 1st 2 pages of Google, and just following the rabbit hole. Starts with genuine curiosity.

Ask questions when you meet people from a different industry.

One of the greatest advantages of being a rookie is that you can absorb multiple perspectives and synthesize the best from all.
Expert A might know everything about one aspect of a given topic. Expert B knows about another subniche. And so on. You can get the benefit of learning the 80/20 from both experts, and have a broader knowledge base than 90% of the general population.

Go on Amazon and read the positive and negative reviews for the best sellers and top new releases for you area of interest.

Or just read a general interest newspaper or magazine regularly, you will pick up so much.

I would caution the notion that knowledge is everything...it's useless unless you do something with it. What you know and who you know mean nothing ina vacuum.

BlackLynx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Jan 21, 2019
Belgium
It's very simple and it can be summed up in two words: BE CURIOUS

Add that on top of a genuine desire to create value in this world and you'll be an unstoppable force.

D

Deleted78083

After studying in detail all the blogs you suggested, I created a protonmail account specifically to receive all the newsletters I registered to.

Thank you.

Furthermore, I also found out Google Trends offers you the possibility to receive rapports in your inbox about what people are searching on the net, once per day, or once per week, and per country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.