I've always been a chronic procrastinator, I thought something was truly wrong with me.
I gave up on everything I ever tried and beat myself up about it so bad that a slow sink into depression was inevitable for me.
I saw a therapist which helped me get out of the depression and got a lot of stuff of my chest, but I was still wondering aimlessly through life, still procrastinating, still wasting hours on end, still wishing and hoping.
I began to give up hope. I assumed that I would always be this way.
I don't know what it was that changed in me, maybe it was the frank realization that if I continued down this path, I would end up like most of the miserable dead-beat souls which surround me at work?
Or maybe it was that I had already wasted so much time and the clock just kept ticking.
But, after writing down what I wanted for my life in detail in my journal at the end of 2017, for the first time in years, I got to work on my dreams.
It was a struggle, the self-doubt and over-thinking was paralysing , but i managed to start, and that was a small win for me.
And you know what happened the next day when I didn't feel like doing it? I forced myself to do it anyway, and the day after that and so forth.
And something amazing happened,a realization if you will.
ACTION and DISCIPLINE seemed to be the things that I were missing all along, the simple things that seemed to be reserved only for the greatest of beings.
Action and discipline is what made me feel better about myself, made me feel like I deserved something more with my life.
Now, don't get me wrong, it's only been two months, and i'm far from out of the woods yet. Many of you will be skeptical and you have every right to be, i'm skeptical too as this has been my toughest opponent yet.
But...i'm working on it everyday, even when I don't feel like it.
I would love to hear other peoples victories over their biggest struggles and obstacles when fighting for freedom and the fastlane.
I gave up on everything I ever tried and beat myself up about it so bad that a slow sink into depression was inevitable for me.
I saw a therapist which helped me get out of the depression and got a lot of stuff of my chest, but I was still wondering aimlessly through life, still procrastinating, still wasting hours on end, still wishing and hoping.
I began to give up hope. I assumed that I would always be this way.
I don't know what it was that changed in me, maybe it was the frank realization that if I continued down this path, I would end up like most of the miserable dead-beat souls which surround me at work?
Or maybe it was that I had already wasted so much time and the clock just kept ticking.
But, after writing down what I wanted for my life in detail in my journal at the end of 2017, for the first time in years, I got to work on my dreams.
It was a struggle, the self-doubt and over-thinking was paralysing , but i managed to start, and that was a small win for me.
And you know what happened the next day when I didn't feel like doing it? I forced myself to do it anyway, and the day after that and so forth.
And something amazing happened,a realization if you will.
ACTION and DISCIPLINE seemed to be the things that I were missing all along, the simple things that seemed to be reserved only for the greatest of beings.
Action and discipline is what made me feel better about myself, made me feel like I deserved something more with my life.
Now, don't get me wrong, it's only been two months, and i'm far from out of the woods yet. Many of you will be skeptical and you have every right to be, i'm skeptical too as this has been my toughest opponent yet.
But...i'm working on it everyday, even when I don't feel like it.
I would love to hear other peoples victories over their biggest struggles and obstacles when fighting for freedom and the fastlane.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
