The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Audiobook idea

Idea threads

chrisponline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Nov 4, 2019
This idea is completely from scratch so bear with me. Feel free to call me out if it’s completely stupid/ has been done hundreds of times before in different ways.

One of my friends is a professional voice over artist. He works freelance and has done some pretty big adverts. Recently he told me about how his grandad had released a few “walking route” books on amazon and how he was thinking of helping him out by recording an audible version. Now these trekking books rake in 10k a month! This got me thinking. There must be loads of selfpublishers out there who don’t have the means to record an audible version of their book (or perhaps haven’t thought about the value of it).
So here’s the business idea:

Contact good selling authors who are self publishers on amazon. Find books they have published that have lots of reviews and 4 star plus rating. Offer to record an audible version of their book completely for free in exchange for a commission cut of all audible versions sold.
Alternatively- buy rights to the books altogether and start an audio empire.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Sounds like a really good idea in my opinion!

Do you speak any other languages than English? I feel this could be an especially great opportunity to also translate english audio-books into other languages?

Looking forward to what others think of the idea.

Best
Champion

chrisponline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Nov 4, 2019
Sounds like a really good idea in my opinion!

Do you speak any other languages than English? I feel this could be an especially great opportunity to also translate english audio-books into other languages?

Looking forward to what others think of the idea.

Best
Champion
Ah man I just actually checked amazon. Looks like they already have a feature for self publishers called ACX to find narrators for your books

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Ah man I just actually checked amazon. Looks like they already have a feature for self publishers called ACX to find narrators for your books

They do have this, but thousands upon thousands of authors have no idea it exists and don't use it.

Most of the biggest names in the audiobook industry follow the approach you described in your original post. They contact new or old authors and offer to record the audio version of the book. They do it this way so they cut out ACX and can negotiate a much better deal whether on revenue split or on a fixed price offer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chrisponline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Nov 4, 2019
They do have this, but thousands upon thousands of authors have no idea it exists and don't use it.

Most of the biggest names in the audiobook industry follow the approach you described in your original post. They contact new or old authors and offer to record the audio version of the book. They do it this way so they cut out ACX and can negotiate a much better deal whether on revenue split or on a fixed price offer.
Hmm sounds like it might be worth a trial. Automation would require some out of box thinking though...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.