The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 109-113
This week I got the new scooter and I love it!

The last one was too short for me but the size of this one is just perfect and the handles are secured in addition to there being a sort of handle holder which I'm using to hold my extension pole at the moment (EuroSkate if you're interested).

No logo made yet, but created and sent an invoice to the CR company, no response yet. Google calendar may be suitable for the scheduling of the cleaning but I'm using google sheets to manage the client and prospect list. I also got a really long extension pole for those stubbornly high windows that I'd have to climb to reach, but that's just to be used in special cases.

I used to travel with a bucket on the scooter but to increase portability, I dropped it off in place of a pressure spray bottle. I feel like a butterfly. I also gave a barber shop owner a gift (Rainbow Lei) for recommending me to a store across the street, unintentionally, I may have discovered a new marketing channel, in that he was explaining to his buddies how he got it and in this way, they too may be interested in window cleaning for their homes.

I also went out to seek out what should have been a starving crowd today. I did earn one customer who said I should come Monday for 15 creams, but it's for next week, so this week nothing was earned as it was also spent waiting for the scooter to arrive.

Now that I'm more experienced with the fulfilment of the service, I feel I should look to enter the stream of where prospects look for new window cleaners and serve the "starving crowd" to increase sales in a more efficient way.

Log out...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 109-113
This week I got the new scooter and I love it!

The last one was too short for me but the size of this one is just perfect and the handles are secured in addition to there being a sort of handle holder which I'm using to hold my extension pole at the moment (EuroSkate if you're interested).

No logo made yet, but created and sent an invoice to the CR company, no response yet. Google calendar may be suitable for the scheduling of the cleaning but I'm using google sheets to manage the client and prospect list. I also got a really long extension pole for those stubbornly high windows that I'd have to climb to reach, but that's just to be used in special cases.

I used to travel with a bucket on the scooter but to increase portability, I dropped it off in place of a pressure spray bottle. I feel like a butterfly. I also gave a barber shop owner a gift (Rainbow Lei) for recommending me to a store across the street, unintentionally, I may have discovered a new marketing channel, in that he was explaining to his buddies how he got it and in this way, they too may be interested in window cleaning for their homes.

I also went out to seek out what should have been a starving crowd today. I did earn one customer who said I should come Monday for 15 creams, but it's for next week, so this week nothing was earned as it was also spent waiting for the scooter to arrive.

Now that I'm more experienced with the fulfilment of the service, I feel I should look to enter the stream of where prospects look for new window cleaners and serve the "starving crowd" to increase sales in a more efficient way.

Log out...
Day 114-Day 118
Website offer

I realise most prospects for the cleaning fell into 2 categories-

Fulfilled
Already had a window cleaner.
Unaware
Didn't need it or cleaned their windows themselves.

So I need to position my services in front of the solution aware audience and play the game with the right people (e.g. the managers in charge who can make decisions for paying for window cleaning). It's a game with the managers (not just any employee or supervisor). I'll have to find a way to join the flow when they're looking for a cleaner e.g. on social media or google. For now however, I feel just door to door marketing can work just as well.

Although one of the businesses I wanted to service already had a window cleaner, I talked to him and about his needs as a business owner. After learning I was a computer science major he asked if I could create a website for him. I'm not familiar with Wordpress (But have used Shopify before to create a website for a lovely client), but I said yes to the opportunity for now.

This video I believe, is sufficient to get going for now -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDdCVVCi2TM&t=714s

He's also looking for someone to manage his social media, but I'm not particularly interested in that field as it's not in my interests but I'll forward it to a friend who I know can deliver on it. He's been wanting to expand to TikTok after all.

I've learnt if I don't feel and understand the value behind a service/product I probably shouldn't partake in fulfilling it for others. It's not that the offer lacks value for others, it's just I think I won't be able to sell it as well as someone who is.

I've looked into prices for a website and believe I've given him a relatively good deal. And I've sent him a proposal so we'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
Day 114-Day 118
Website offer

Fulfilled
Unaware

So I need to position my services in front of the solution aware audience and play the game with the right people (e.g. the managers in charge who can make decisions for paying for window cleaning). It's a game with the managers (not just any employee or supervisor). I'll have to find a way to join the flow when they're looking for a cleaner e.g. on social media or google. For now however, I feel just door to door marketing can work just as well.

Although one of the businesses I wanted to service already had a window cleaner, I talked to him and about his needs as a business owner. After learning I was a computer science major he asked if I could create a website for him. I'm not familiar with Wordpress (But have used Shopify before to create a website for a lovely client), but I said yes to the opportunity for now.

He's also looking for someone to manage his social media, but I'm not particularly interested in that field as it's not in my interests but I'll forward it to a friend who I know can deliver on it. He's been wanting to expand to TikTok after all.

I've learnt if I don't feel and understand the value behind a service/product I probably shouldn't partake in fulfilling it for others. It's not that the offer lacks value for others, it's just I think I won't be able to sell it as well as someone who is.

I've looked into prices for a website and believe I've given him a relatively good deal. And I've sent him a proposal so we'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Some free plugins that should help you out.
Elementor (free)
Elementor Header & Footer
Envato Elements
Folders
Happy Elements Addons
Password Protected
Updraft
If you need to move the hosting providers use wpVivid or all in one wp migration
When they get hosting I'd recommed siteground.com/ and for domains namecheap (if you'd like you can use my affiliate link:Buy a domain name - Register cheap domain names from $0.99 - Namecheap). Both are cheap relatively cheap
Also Check out:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaUjPSdckQ

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 114-Day 118
Website offer

Fulfilled
Unaware

Log out...
Day 119-123
I travelled the week before last week with my family for the summer and therefore couldn't continue prospecting for window cleaning clients physically so I decided to use the period to reflect.

I then used the following week to refine my why-goal-plan, tried to write down the value skews of the cleaning industry in the hopes of choosing a USP (and then utilising a blue ocean strategy), offered to help the apartment owner we're staying at for their needs (of which, they already had Plumbers, electricians, cleaners, gardeners.), and looked for a job to fund future Fastlane ventures.

I also learned that focus might be directly proportional to impact, which could be exponential. And saw this video by Andrew Kirby on finding and fulfilling business needs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MipRmAY7rs

In it, he explains that all value and sales is, is taking people from where they are to where they want to be and letting them know that your solution is the vehicle to get them there. It's similar to @IceCreamKid thread where he interviewed people in his industry to find a pattern of problems, which I did before for SEO and PPC experts, but discontinued due to having little to none industry experience.

Understanding the pains of these people without experiencing the situation for myself was to me, like describing the colour red to someone who'd never seen it before.

But, I'd reckon I have a little bit more of industry experience now with window cleaning. My hope is to follow the video's instructions for the following weeks to find problems they face and fix them to start something that fulfils their needs.

For a time, I felt a little more demotivated and undetermined, but when I reflected on why I was doing this again (financial freedom), it made me more motivated to start the upcoming weeks strongly, hopefully, it can stay that way.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 124-128
This week was spent working on my 1/5/10 plan (From MJ's youtube channel) and planning out the step by step needed to go from needs to productocracy. Here's how it looks and maybe you can borrow it for inspiration...
Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 2.18.09 PM.png
I first looked at my 1 year goal (Which was a productoracy) and began working backwards for the "result oriented goals" that need to occur for that to occur and also after watching the Andrew Kirby video to hone in on it. Each of these "result dependent" tasks can then be broken down into "step dependent" tasks which are the things I need to do to fulfil each result based task (Like steps on a stairs, if any one of them is skipped, the result may not be achieved).

I also worked for At your service this week and funny enough, they also had value skews for their services - professional, friendly, smart, reliable that they try to double down on.

Log out...

Last edited:

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Honestly I just said 1k/month as a placeholder for a goal I'd like reach (I'm 18 so I don't even really know the value of 1K ). But I also understand that money is a byproduct of applying value where people are hurting. My bad, a $1k goal is cool, but what I'm really aiming for is to help 1000 people by making them smile in the next 3 months by solving their problems. Thanks for pointing that out.

Learn a skill so well that You can charge people how much money You want for You Your service.

You need to study- apply- study- apply for at least 6 hours a day.

Offer Your services to local business and people You know.

Build A network of client who're willng to return to You for Your service.

Hope that helps,

Davide

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 124-128
This week was spent working on my 1/5/10 plan (From MJ's youtube channel) and planning out the step by step needed to go from needs to productocracy. Here's how it looks and maybe you can borrow it for inspiration...
View attachment 44740
I first looked at my 1 year goal (Which was a productoracy) and began working backwards for the "result oriented goals" that need to occur for that to occur and also after watching the Andrew Kirby video to hone in on it. Each of these "result dependent" tasks can then be broken down into "step dependent" tasks which are the things I need to do to fulfil each result based task (Like steps on a stairs, if any one of them is skipped, the result may not be achieved).

I also worked for At your service this week and funny enough, they also had value skews for their services - professional, friendly, smart, reliable that they try to double down on.

Log out...
Day 129-133
Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 3.47.22 PM.png
Each of these milestones I call tasks, and the bullets that fall under them, steps. The aim is to find and solve a problem in the window cleaning community. For the tasks, I create a separate google docs to accomplish the steps. The latest one I'm on is contact and strategy where I launch this messaging content...

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 3.49.45 PM.png

To those in the community and see the responses. I've sent it to 3 people so far. We'll see how it goes. I'm also thinking of dropping the window cleaning business because I just don't see myself doing it in a few years time, maybe things will change in the future.

I watched The Founder which attempts to document Ray Kroc and how he built McDonalds and it made me realise a few things to start a thriving business. First...

Who can I help?

What problem(s) do they have in their lives? What do they desire? e.g. Slow food preparation.

What can I offer that would make someone happy? e.g. Fast food preparation.

Productocracy- What would your customer rave to others about? What desirable qualities are you the best/master at? "Their meals are made in 30 seconds not 30 minutes!"

How can you scale the value with no loss in value? Ray Kroc franchised McDonalds while maintaining quality by hiring the right franchisees in the 1900s'. The original owners of McDonlads attempted to do so, but their chains failed due to quality control issues which Kroc solved.

I believe if one can satisfy these questions, they may be able to build a thriving business.

Log out...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 3.52.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 3.52.15 PM.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 0

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 129-133
View attachment 44832
Each of these milestones I call tasks, and the bullets that fall under them, steps. The aim is to find and solve a problem in the window cleaning community. For the tasks, I create a separate google docs to accomplish the steps. The latest one I'm on is contact and strategy where I launch this messaging content...

View attachment 44833

To those in the community and see the responses. I've sent it to 3 people so far. We'll see how it goes. I'm also thinking of dropping the window cleaning business because I just don't see myself doing it in a few years time, maybe things will change in the future.

I watched The Founder which attempts to document Ray Kroc and how he built McDonalds and it made me realise a few things to start a thriving business. First...

Who can I help?

What problem(s) do they have in their lives? What do they desire? e.g. Slow food preparation.

What can I offer that would make someone happy? e.g. Fast food preparation.

Productocracy- What would your customer rave to others about? What desirable qualities are you the best/master at? "Their meals are made in 30 seconds not 30 minutes!"

How can you scale the value with no loss in value? Ray Kroc franchised McDonalds while maintaining quality by hiring the right franchisees in the 1900s'. The original owners of McDonlads attempted to do so, but their chains failed due to quality control issues which Kroc solved.

I believe if one can satisfy these questions, they may be able to build a thriving business.

Log out...
Day 134-137
Value skew matters

So first off, for the week I've continued sending messages to 2-3-4 cleaners a day and so far have gotten 2 responses from a satisfied crowd.

The first guy explained that he already has a big contract so he doesn't need more work. But he did explain that there might be others on the cleaning forum that might be interested in the help e.g. legal paperwork. But for me, legal is no touchie.

He also explained that the reason he got the contract was mainly due to having quality and good scheduling. Two skews which I'd researched were available from my research into google reviews of the industry. Of which professionalism, reliability, attitude and speed also play a part of. It is my understanding that if one doubles down on 2-3-4+ of these value skews in your industry in a stellar way, that their business will have no choice but to grow (should anyway).

The second guy explained that his father was a millionaire haha.

Apart from that, one of my previous prospects for window cleaning reached out to ask if I could come clean their windows and I said sure, even though I previously said I kind of wanted to move away from window cleaning and into something else, It's quite close, and it's 7 pounds for one window. My plan is to hopefully blow him away by utilising 2 of the above value skews at least. I'm also trying to set up Go cardless at the moment and I'm just waiting to be verified now.

I also found an interesting business video on TikTok.

Diam |Digital Products on TikTok

Her story is that she found a problem/need and created an ebook for it which I found pretty inspiring. Solve problems in a way that's awesome, share the solution, that's all business is I suppose.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 134-137
Value skew matters

So first off, for the week I've continued sending messages to 2-3-4 cleaners a day and so far have gotten 2 responses from a satisfied crowd.

The first guy explained that he already has a big contract so he doesn't need more work. But he did explain that there might be others on the cleaning forum that might be interested in the help e.g. legal paperwork. But for me, legal is no touchie.

He also explained that the reason he got the contract was mainly due to having quality and good scheduling. Two skews which I'd researched were available from my research into google reviews of the industry. Of which professionalism, reliability, attitude and speed also play a part of. It is my understanding that if one doubles down on 2-3-4+ of these value skews in your industry in a stellar way, that their business will have no choice but to grow (should anyway).

The second guy explained that his father was a millionaire haha.

Apart from that, one of my previous prospects for window cleaning reached out to ask if I could come clean their windows and I said sure, even though I previously said I kind of wanted to move away from window cleaning and into something else, It's quite close, and it's 7 pounds for one window. My plan is to hopefully blow him away by utilising 2 of the above value skews at least. I'm also trying to set up Go cardless at the moment and I'm just waiting to be verified now.

I also found an interesting business video on TikTok.

Diam |Digital Products on TikTok

Her story is that she found a problem/need and created an ebook for it which I found pretty inspiring. Solve problems in a way that's awesome, share the solution, that's all business is I suppose.

Log out...
Day 138-142
A Response

I went on to clean the windows of one of the businesses and selected my skews: Scheduling/reliability (Sending reminders of the clean before and after) and quality (Try to make the glass look like new), and customer service, three things I felt were more scalable than other qualities like professionalism and friendliness. Logo done in 45 minutes there about. Hopefully, if he found the service good, he'd refer me. When I went into the store, he thought I belonged to an official company or something so I guess it worked(?).

I reflected upon my previous efforts after sending more messages to window cleaners. No responses. Until now, I'd thought it would be a bowl of marshmallows getting people to open up about their problems. So I put my foot on the floor and (probably) used a problem solving mechanism called PHASIE to solve this stump (I'll expand below).

In retrospect, I believe the problem was I came in as an interruption, not joining the conversation in their head them and providing value. It'd be like someone recommending you a how to guide to make tuna casserole when you're just at the grocery store for tuna I think.

So, I decided to switch things around a bit...

After finding a cleaner post about an issue they were having, I went into their direct messages to comfort, reassure and advise...

"Right, so if you want those windows to come off...if you have anything else bothering you, let me know". Value first and now, then introduce offer because by helping them first you prove you can help them was my thought process.

I wasn't so surprised when I got a response thanking me. He then went unto explain another problem he was having and that he'd been having some challenges recently. I've already asked him what these challenges are after replying to everything else he said (The spotlight is on them). If it works, I'd imagine I'd just have to repeat this unit case 10 more times to find a pattern of a problem. Easier said than done Andrew Kirby, easier said than done haha.

If I didn't get a response this week I think I was going to give up on the idea and move unto something else. Next week should be focused on learning more about his most urgent problem. Go cardless is set up. The person I washed their windows for wanted an invoice and digital cash payments.

“You don’t ever have to take ‘can’t’ as the answer unless you’ve verified that it is against the law or against the powers of physics". ~ Cole Summers

One of the best entrepreneurial heroes that I know of, he lives on in our hearts.

He aimed high (10x kind of high), and when he got set backs, he kept pushing against the boundary of impossibility until it became possibility.

------
PHASIE problem solving technique (I hope I can explain it properly, if I don't please ask me to clarify (you can pm me too) ).

P- Why so sad? What's the problem (what they have) (Frustration , annoying , time consuming ‍♂️)

H- What can you offer that would make them happy? (what they want)

A- What high level action needs to be done to get that? What can I offer that would make them happy? (Result oriented)

S- What steps need to be done to achieve high level action? (Task dependent) (Work backwards)

(I)- If we fail to achieve the high level action, we recursively call PHASEI on the step that failed)

E- Story end. Yay.

E.g.
P- 100 creams.
H- 30,0000 creams.
A- Sell 30 cream units 1000 times or sell 3 cream units for 10,000 pounds
S - Decide who you're helping - Find urgent problem - Find pattern of problem - sell solution (unit case) - build solution (productocracy) - sell x more times = 30,0000 creams.

I- FAIL (Step): Find urgent problem.
P- No responses
H- Get responses
A- give them something worth responding to
S - blah blah blah
I

E- Happily ever after, the end.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 138-142
A Response

I went on to clean the windows of one of the businesses and selected my skews: Scheduling/reliability (Sending reminders of the clean before and after) and quality (Try to make the glass look like new), and customer service, three things I felt were more scalable than other qualities like professionalism and friendliness. Logo done in 45 minutes there about. Hopefully, if he found the service good, he'd refer me. When I went into the store, he thought I belonged to an official company or something so I guess it worked(?).

I reflected upon my previous efforts after sending more messages to window cleaners. No responses. Until now, I'd thought it would be a bowl of marshmallows getting people to open up about their problems. So I put my foot on the floor and (probably) used a problem solving mechanism called PHASIE to solve this stump (I'll expand below).

In retrospect, I believe the problem was I came in as an interruption, not joining the conversation in their head them and providing value. It'd be like someone recommending you a how to guide to make tuna casserole when you're just at the grocery store for tuna I think.

So, I decided to switch things around a bit...

After finding a cleaner post about an issue they were having, I went into their direct messages to comfort, reassure and advise...

"Right, so if you want those windows to come off...if you have anything else bothering you, let me know". Value first and now, then introduce offer because by helping them first you prove you can help them was my thought process.

I wasn't so surprised when I got a response thanking me. He then went unto explain another problem he was having and that he'd been having some challenges recently. I've already asked him what these challenges are after replying to everything else he said (The spotlight is on them). If it works, I'd imagine I'd just have to repeat this unit case 10 more times to find a pattern of a problem. Easier said than done Andrew Kirby, easier said than done haha.

If I didn't get a response this week I think I was going to give up on the idea and move unto something else. Next week should be focused on learning more about his most urgent problem. Go cardless is set up. The person I washed their windows for wanted an invoice and digital cash payments.

“You don’t ever have to take ‘can’t’ as the answer unless you’ve verified that it is against the law or against the powers of physics". ~ Cole Summers

One of the best entrepreneurial heroes that I know of, he lives on in our hearts.

He aimed high (10x kind of high), and when he got set backs, he kept pushing against the boundary of impossibility until it became possibility.

------
PHASIE problem solving technique (I hope I can explain it properly, if I don't please ask me to clarify (you can pm me too) ).

P- Why so sad? What's the problem (what they have) (Frustration , annoying , time consuming ‍♂️)

H- What can you offer that would make them happy? (what they want)

A- What high level action needs to be done to get that? What can I offer that would make them happy? (Result oriented)

S- What steps need to be done to achieve high level action? (Task dependent) (Work backwards)

(I)- If we fail to achieve the high level action, we recursively call PHASEI on the step that failed)

E- Story end. Yay.

E.g.
P- 100 creams.
H- 30,0000 creams.
A- Sell 30 cream units 1000 times or sell 3 cream units for 10,000 pounds
S - Decide who you're helping - Find urgent problem - Find pattern of problem - sell solution (unit case) - build solution (productocracy) - sell x more times = 30,0000 creams.

I- FAIL (Step): Find urgent problem.
P- No responses
H- Get responses
A- give them something worth responding to
S - blah blah blah
I

E- Happily ever after, the end.

Log out...
Day 143-155
Problem found. Validated-ish. Solution being created

Summary: Found a problem. Solving a problem. (
The method does not matter I'd say)

Heyoooo, ok I apologise in advance, but I have to keep this short because I'm working on a strict kind of deadline. I'll hopefully post a full guide about this later when we've launched as soon as possible because of an upcoming deadline.

Long story short, I was a bit frustrated. WHERE WAS THE PROBLEM TO SOLLLVEEEE?

I saw tiktoks' about all of these people making 10K a month and I just sat there wondering how, HOW, HOWWW, tell me the secret sauce.

I saw a tiktok account- Diam. She explained you need to create problem solving products. In her case, she made digital products. OF COURSE I KNEW THIS.

So I wanted to get to it now. I went to youtube and started helping people in the comment section for a few days to "solve their problems". Refined my why-goal-plan, yadadada and eventually started writing a daily problem book.

I began writing all those silly little annoyances, frustrations and time consuming things daily, I became more perceptive, I saw a problem that frustrated me a lot. I wanted my problem to be a stab wound not a papercut, a problem I cared about solving and could test the results on. So I dropped the window cleaning problem seeking part, wouldn't be a problem I was passionate about I think, and the goal is what matters not the method (I'd still end up with a problem). (Again, full guide coming but for now not really possible with pressed time constraints, sorry!)

I checked subreddits for people who have this problem. I typed in my keyword into the search bar of the subreddit.

I read hundreds of reddit posts (in a niche) before seeing a pattern with a frustrating problem. THEY DO. And it really sucks for them! I want to help, and I'm passionate about helping because it's a problem I care about. Nice. I decided I'll solve it (I partially solved it before already).

Now, I'm making an ebook (again, the method does not matter, just that the problem is being solved) about it after really cracking my head for a solution (using the PHASE problem solving technique to further solve problems I come across).

The goal is to create a productcracy by solving this problem in an underserved part of the niche.

Presells: About 33% of the people I explained the book idea to were ecstatic/interested in the book. I messed up the follow up and kept the volume low, but I now have one email that's on a waiting list now. I know it's problem, I had it, they have it, and I'm going to take a shot at solving it!

Log out...

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
Day 143-155

Heyoooo, ok I apologise in advance, but I have to keep this short because I'm working on a strict kind of deadline. I'll hopefully post a full guide about this later when we've launched as soon as possible because of an upcoming deadline.

I saw tiktoks' about all of these people making 10K a month and I just sat there wondering how, HOW, HOWWW, tell me the secret sauce.

I saw a tiktok account- Diam. She explained you need to create problem solving products. In her case, she made digital products. OF COURSE I KNEW THIS.

So I wanted to get to it now. I went to youtube and started helping people in the comment section for a few days to "solve their problems". Refined my why-goal-plan, yadadada and eventually started writing a daily problem book.

I began writing all those silly little annoyances, frustrations and time consuming things daily, I became more perceptive, I saw a problem that frustrated me a lot. I wanted my problem to be a stab wound not a papercut, a problem I cared about solving and could test the results on. So I dropped the window cleaning problem seeking part, wouldn't be a problem I was passionate about I think, and the goal is what matters not the method (I'd still end up with a problem). (Again, full guide coming but for now not really possible with pressed time constraints, sorry!)

I checked subreddits for people who have this problem. I typed in my keyword into the search bar of the subreddit.

I read hundreds of reddit posts (in a niche) before seeing a pattern with a frustrating problem. THEY DO. And it really sucks for them! I want to help, and I'm passionate about helping because it's a problem I care about. Nice. I decided I'll solve it (I partially solved it before already).

Now, I'm making an ebook (again, the method does not matter, just that the problem is being solved) about it after really cracking my head for a solution (using the PHASE problem solving technique to further solve problems I come across).

The goal is to create a productcracy by solving this problem in an underserved part of the niche.

Presells: About 33% of the people I explained the book idea to were ecstatic/interested in the book. I messed up the follow up and kept the volume low, but I now have one email that's on a waiting list now. I know it's problem, I had it, they have it, and I'm going to take a shot at solving it!

Log out...
I'd recommend checking out
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbnC2zE2rw

and more specifically for the area your at
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWXBWLTcmn4
at around 38 minutes I think. For getting data on what problems need to be solved. Hope your current venture goes crazy!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 143-155

Log out...
Day 155-161
Creating the solution (Book)

I've outlined the ebook in what I think is the best way possible to solve all problems.

I'm working on each section and it hopefully should come out next week.

But, I know moving forward I'll need to pre sell it, to have the customer use it and confirm it works, or to see and fix any issues that may occur in using the information in it (It's been working really well for me, but I worry a bit I didn't get my idea across).

For pre sales, I've only collected an email address. But I think the reason why I drummed up interest but failed to close, was due to providing little to no information (benefits, features etc) on the product. I just messaged them, they said they were interested, but when I ask if they want to buy it now, they go silent. I believe with the help of a proper sales sheet (now having a book cover mockup) it'll be a lot easier to help them make a decision. I also need to simplify that decision and increase my volume per day so that when the book is ready, I'll have people already willing to test the content in it and see if they run into any issues.

Here's what I've learned from the journey so far though - MINDSET - What I've Learned From 150 Days Of Execution

Miketing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 7, 2014
Day 155-161

I've outlined the ebook in what I think is the best way possible to solve all problems.

But, I know moving forward I'll need to pre sell it, to have the customer use it and confirm it works, or to see and fix any issues that may occur in using the information in it (It's been working really well for me, but I worry a bit I didn't get my idea across).

For pre sales, I've only collected an email address. But I think the reason why I drummed up interest but failed to close, was due to providing little to no information (benefits, features etc) on the product. I just messaged them, they said they were interested, but when I ask if they want to buy it now, they go silent. I believe with the help of a proper sales sheet (now having a book cover mockup) it'll be a lot easier to help them make a decision. I also need to simplify that decision and increase my volume per day so that when the book is ready, I'll have people already willing to test the content in it and see if they run into any issues.

Here's what I've learned from the journey so far though - MINDSET - What I've Learned From 150 Days Of Execution

Have you considered using the strategy of a "lead magnet" and then email marketing to sell to your list?

If you can get email addresses, that's a valuable asset. You could use something similar to your book e.g. the first few chapters for free in exchange for their email addresses.

You can then sell them on buying the book in your email sequences.

Have you read the book Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson? Or Expert Secrets? They're both very relevant to what you're doing here.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Have you considered using the strategy of a "lead magnet" and then email marketing to sell to your list?

If you can get email addresses, that's a valuable asset. You could use something similar to your book e.g. the first few chapters for free in exchange for their email addresses.

You can then sell them on buying the book in your email sequences.

Have you read the book Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson? Or Expert Secrets? They're both very relevant to what you're doing here.
Those are some really good ideas Mike! Especially the idea of giving them some free chapters to allow them to see the value in the book!

I was thinking of getting them to sign up on the website to be able to buy the book? Then with your strategy, give them the option of either getting the free version or the paid one.

Once they've seen the free version, they'd then be more inclined to get the paid version. And I'd have their email addresses.

Don't even get me started on email marketing ahaha (I don't even have a website yet), I'm definitely probably out of my depth in the marketing side of the business and I haven't read those books. I'm trying to get to market as fast as possible, but the value of email marketing cannot be understated. Perhaps after I've confirmed others do need this and it works for them, I can then reinvest the profits of the business into those areas.

Miketing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 7, 2014
Those are some really good ideas Mike! Especially the idea of giving them some free chapters to allow them to see the value in the book!

I was thinking of getting them to sign up on the website to be able to buy the book? Then with your strategy, give them the option of either getting the free version or the paid one.

Once they've seen the free version, they'd then be more inclined to get the paid version. And I'd have their email addresses.

Don't even get me started on email marketing ahaha (I don't even have a website yet), I'm definitely probably out of my depth in the marketing side of the business and I haven't read those books. I'm trying to get to market as fast as possible, but the value of email marketing cannot be understated. Perhaps after I've confirmed others do need this and it works for them, I can then reinvest the profits of the business into those areas.

Ok, once you get to the marketing part, I'd recommend checking out a video summary of Dotcom Secrets on Youtube, that should give you the main ideas from it. Ideally Expert Secrets too.

If you do want to do email marketing, it shouldn't be too hard to set up. You can just start with a free tool like MailCheat(Chimp) and then look up things like "seinfield sequence", "soap opera sequence", or "lead magnet email sequence" then just take templates from those and edit to fit your product. Of course the email part can be left until later though.

For now, while you're validating demand, I think Launch by Jeff Walker, and Lean Startup would be more relevant for you. You can find Youtube summaries of those too of course.

Good luck!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 155-161

Day 162-167
Trying to solve the problem

At the moment, the book stands at a whooping... *drumroll*

46 pages.

I think length is irrelevant and what's most important is making sure the problem is solved haha. It's a bit like a rough draft and maybe like having all the lego pieces and a sub optimal guide to construct a plane. But hey, it's there!

As I read it, I try to constantly think/imagine about how it would work in the wild and see if it solves the original problem I set out to solve. With a few intentional personal tests, I think it's starting to come together.

Hopefully, it should take about 1-5 more days to refine the book concepts and get it ready(?)

Then when the concepts and formatting have been refined, I plan to send it to 4-8 of my ideal readers (the people that have complained about this problem) for them to read it and send me their notes. Things like any questions, contradictions or other things that don't make sense. And then iterate based on that (Alex Hormozi strategy)

He quoted that,

If you get lots of different feedback from everyone, you did a good job.
But, if everyone is saying the same thing, you probably should change it.

With that feedback, I'l make the final edit. Work on any grammars and typos. And send it over to Canva to try to make an aesthetically pleasing book.

Lesson of the week: To easily get started on something new, climb a mountain of a smaller scale. E.g. easy project vs complex project.

After getting the book ready, I plan to use organic traffic to promote the book (e.g. on Tiktok). Which I've heard can be done by focusing on the pain-pleasure exchange for each video.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 162-167
Trying to solve the problem

At the moment, the book stands at a whooping... *drumroll*

46 pages.

I think length is irrelevant and what's most important is making sure the problem is solved haha. It's a bit like a rough draft and maybe like having all the lego pieces and a sub optimal guide to construct a plane. But hey, it's there!

As I read it, I try to constantly think/imagine about how it would work in the wild and see if it solves the original problem I set out to solve. With a few intentional personal tests, I think it's starting to come together.

Hopefully, it should take about 1-5 more days to refine the book concepts and get it ready(?)

Then when the concepts and formatting have been refined, I plan to send it to 4-8 of my ideal readers (the people that have complained about this problem) for them to read it and send me their notes. Things like any questions, contradictions or other things that don't make sense. And then iterate based on that (Alex Hormozi strategy)

He quoted that,

If you get lots of different feedback from everyone, you did a good job.
But, if everyone is saying the same thing, you probably should change it.

With that feedback, I'l make the final edit. Work on any grammars and typos. And send it over to Canva to try to make an aesthetically pleasing book.

Lesson of the week: To easily get started on something new, climb a mountain of a smaller scale. E.g. easy project vs complex project.

After getting the book ready, I plan to use organic traffic to promote the book (e.g. on Tiktok). Which I've heard can be done by focusing on the pain-pleasure exchange for each video.

Log out...
Day 169-175
Refining the problem. Building a website (
Squarespace)

After many weeks of writing and months of (on the side) research, the book is finally done. Book cover (canva), outline (table of contents) etc.

There are 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 problems it attempts to address. Where 4 is the stab wound problem that is the most frustrating problem, and the rest are the logical before and after steps/problems that I felt logically needed to be addressed.

I mostly know them because I immersed myself in the industry (pain points and available solutions). In fact, I still do this. I'm looking to increase my arsenal of knowledge by learning from many different sources to find what works and the questions the people in the niche ask.

I've gotten feedback from my first ideal reader. They said it was really good (they're on step 2). They explained how I should keep the story/example parts more relevant, instead of veering off into irrelevant territory. They like how simple and human it is and the writing style.

I asked them if it's something they see themselves recommending so far. They agreed, explaining that they feel they should show it to their friend because they make the same problems.

The next step is to get another of my ideal reader (the ones who have the problem the book is solving) to read it. And then, build a Squarespace website to host the product.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I've been meaning to create a guide on how I found the current problem I'm working on. You can check it out here -

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 169-175
Refining the problem. Building a website (
Squarespace)

After many weeks of writing and months of (on the side) research, the book is finally done. Book cover (canva), outline (table of contents) etc.

There are 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 problems it attempts to address. Where 4 is the stab wound problem that is the most frustrating problem, and the rest are the logical before and after steps/problems that I felt logically needed to be addressed.

I mostly know them because I immersed myself in the industry (pain points and available solutions). In fact, I still do this. I'm looking to increase my arsenal of knowledge by learning from many different sources to find what works and the questions the people in the niche ask.

I've gotten feedback from my first ideal reader. They said it was really good (they're on step 2). They explained how I should keep the story/example parts more relevant, instead of veering off into irrelevant territory. They like how simple and human it is and the writing style.

I asked them if it's something they see themselves recommending so far. They agreed, explaining that they feel they should show it to their friend because they make the same problems.

The next step is to get another of my ideal reader (the ones who have the problem the book is solving) to read it. And then, build a Squarespace website to host the product.

Log out...
Day 176-189
Built a website (Squarespace). Finished baking up the solution (for now). Next up: Marketing.

The website is up- Home page (containing product description (book mockups included)) > About us > Contacts (Google workspace emails). I've also live tested the site and it seems to work just fine.

I also messaged 3 more of my ideal audience about the launch who I messaged a month back. So far, 1 got back asking for a link to the website, but they have not taken action yet.

MJ said in the books that one should first confirm wether what they have is a productocracy, before committing to full blown scale.

Productocracy > Scale (Small) > Confirmation > Scale (Full)

That's the strategy I want to use from here. To slowly "confirm" a productocracy if any, before committing to full scale.

I should act to get 1 sale.

Then, next up is marketing. Which although I have a history with copywriting, am kind of confused on how to go about it for an ebook. Looking to watch a few youtube videos on it and get going.

I'm thinking of going by an organic and direct response approach.

Organic approach

Tiktok is the mode of vehicle. The strategy is to grow a Tiktok personal account for the launch on the page to 1000 followers by posting 2-3 Tiktoks a day that are 8-15 seconds to attract my target audience by giving them value.

Here's my thought process:

You provide value in video: They check your page
They see value in a couple/most of your videos: They follow
They see even more value (solve problems/entertainment etc) in your product/service: They'll check your website

Then, to get content ideas: Go to common comments/problems in niche of popular videos/posts and answer queries with a video.

Direct approach

Promote it to my immediate network. E.g. Linkedin and socials.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 176-189
Built a website (Squarespace). Finished baking up the solution (for now). Next up: Marketing.

The website is up- Home page (containing product description (book mockups included)) > About us > Contacts (Google workspace emails). I've also live tested the site and it seems to work just fine.

I also messaged 3 more of my ideal audience about the launch who I messaged a month back. So far, 1 got back asking for a link to the website, but they have not taken action yet.

MJ said in the books that one should first confirm wether what they have is a productocracy, before committing to full blown scale.

Productocracy > Scale (Small) > Confirmation > Scale (Full)

That's the strategy I want to use from here. To slowly "confirm" a productocracy if any, before committing to full scale.

I should act to get 1 sale.

Then, next up is marketing. Which although I have a history with copywriting, am kind of confused on how to go about it for an ebook. Looking to watch a few youtube videos on it and get going.

I'm thinking of going by an organic and direct response approach.

Organic approach

Tiktok is the mode of vehicle. The strategy is to grow a Tiktok personal account for the launch on the page to 1000 followers by posting 2-3 Tiktoks a day that are 8-15 seconds to attract my target audience by giving them value.

Here's my thought process:

You provide value in video: They check your page
They see value in a couple/most of your videos: They follow
They see even more value (solve problems/entertainment etc) in your product/service: They'll check your website

Then, to get content ideas: Go to common comments/problems in niche of popular videos/posts and answer queries with a video.

Direct approach

Promote it to my immediate network. E.g. Linkedin and socials.

Log out...
Day 190-Day 196
Marketing and scale.

Right now I'm marketing organically on Tiktok (not launched there yet) by posting 2 tiktoks a day. It was slow at first and looking at 0 followers was quite discouraging, but after the 1st follower trickled in the feedback loop was set in motion haha.

Also spent time optimising the website copy for a sale. Added a free chapter download to act as a "lead magnet".

Now, I know the next step is to scale with something like paid ads as well. I think Reddit/Facebook is a good start.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Thank you Thank you Thank you for this. Just about reading the first chapter and it's opening my eyes to the "invisible" behind the scenes. Your book recomendations are always solid :p

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 190-Day 196
Marketing and scale.

Right now I'm marketing organically on Tiktok (not launched there yet) by posting 2 tiktoks a day. It was slow at first and looking at 0 followers was quite discouraging, but after the 1st follower trickled in the feedback loop was set in motion haha.

Also spent time optimising the website copy for a sale. Added a free chapter download to act as a "lead magnet".

Now, I know the next step is to scale with something like paid ads as well. I think Reddit/Facebook is a good start.

Log out...
Day 197-209

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post two times a day. It's been about 21 days and the account has about 200 followers.

Surprisingly, the video showing the book as an ad got way more engagement (likes, saves and comments) than any other long form "value-adding" video I'd made at the time of posting.

Website
Last time I checked, it was 100 visits and 4 abandoned carts. I realised the copy wasn't as right as I thought. I'm using the video (another W copywriting recommend by Mike.) here and it looks a lot better - SIDE HUSTLE - COPYWRITING now.

Book
Each day any problems and solutions that comes up while applying the material, I add to the book in the hopes to increase the value.

Testing
At the moment, I'm reaching out to prospects to read the book for feedback before the "launch" on the TikTok account. Prospects I did send the book too, ended up not even reading it, even though they showed interest in it. By acting and assessing , here's why I think that happened:

. I didn't show how/mechansim works to provide the benefit.
. And didn't offer enough proof of the benefit in copy.

More so than that, I was focusing on the bottleneck of the problem and not the big bad problem (e.g. get your sink running vs get the pipe on 5th avenue fixed). Upon a re-research of my target market, I think I've found the real desire that they want, which I kind of missed the mark on in for my marketing. We'll see how it goes...

Log out...

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 197-209

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post two times a day. It's been about 21 days and the account has about 200 followers.

Surprisingly, the video showing the book as an ad got way more engagement (likes, saves and comments) than any other long form "value-adding" video I'd made at the time of posting.

Website
Last time I checked, it was 100 visits and 4 abandoned carts. I realised the copy wasn't as right as I thought. I'm using the video (another W copywriting recommend by Mike.) here and it looks a lot better - SIDE HUSTLE - COPYWRITING now.

Book
Each day any problems and solutions that comes up while applying the material, I add to the book in the hopes to increase the value.

Testing
At the moment, I'm reaching out to prospects to read the book for feedback before the "launch" on the TikTok account. Prospects I did send the book too, ended up not even reading it, even though they showed interest in it. By acting and assessing , here's why I think that happened:

. I didn't show how/mechansim works to provide the benefit.
. And didn't offer enough proof of the benefit in copy.

More so than that, I was focusing on the bottleneck of the problem and not the big bad problem (e.g. get your sink running vs get the pipe on 5th avenue fixed). Upon a re-research of my target market, I think I've found the real desire that they want, which I kind of missed the mark on in for my marketing. We'll see how it goes...

Log out...
Day 210-216

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post two times a day. It's been about 30 days and the account has about 700 followers.

One of the posts to blow up was one that targeted my target market's main problem and main solution (how the solution works) in a video with trending music and a video that reflected the appropriate sentiment based on other videos using that music video. The shift to the main desire (sink not running) therefore seems to be working than focusing on the bottleneck (the pipe on on 5th avenue is broken).

Also, I was hit up with a brand offer. I've refrained from engaging them as I should probably do my due diligence of checking them out and then see if they're a good fit for my audience.

Website
The content for the copy has been written and I refrain from putting it on the website. I think it shows the how/mechanism behind the main benefit and proof it works (on my own experience alone). But it doesn't have social proof from other users yet.

We were able to get 3 subscribers though (using the lead magnet)!

Book
I've added a new section which I think offers a lot more value to the book.

Testing
Using the new copy, I've been able to give the book for feedback for free to 7 prospects who have the problem and desire the book addresses.

Before the launch on tiktok, I'm hoping to get the last piece of social proof from them to enhance the copy and put on the website. Hopefully at least 3 of them.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 210-216

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post two times a day. It's been about 30 days and the account has about 700 followers.

One of the posts to blow up was one that targeted my target market's main problem and main solution (how the solution works) in a video with trending music and a video that reflected the appropriate sentiment based on other videos using that music video. The shift to the main desire (sink not running) therefore seems to be working than focusing on the bottleneck (the pipe on on 5th avenue is broken).

Also, I was hit up with a brand offer. I've refrained from engaging them as I should probably do my due diligence of checking them out and then see if they're a good fit for my audience.

Website
The content for the copy has been written and I refrain from putting it on the website. I think it shows the how/mechanism behind the main benefit and proof it works (on my own experience alone). But it doesn't have social proof from other users yet.

We were able to get 3 subscribers though (using the lead magnet)!

Book
I've added a new section which I think offers a lot more value to the book.

Testing
Using the new copy, I've been able to give the book for feedback for free to 7 prospects who have the problem and desire the book addresses.

Before the launch on tiktok, I'm hoping to get the last piece of social proof from them to enhance the copy and put on the website. Hopefully at least 3 of them.

Log out...
Day 216-222
Confused - Testing

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post two times a day. It's been about 30+ days and the account has about 1200 followers. Of course, the growth has slowed down since once I passed the 1000 mark I stopped trying as hard, but I should probably prevent any built up steam from falling out before launch.

The importance of this milestone though is the ability to post your website link on tiktok! Now I have a channel to advertise at zero monetary costs.

Might have to post less long form videos to focus on short form that directly targets my target market's main problems since that gets better results.

Book
I've made another marginal breakthrough in the content and it seems with more time applying the material, I can make it better and better in solving the problem and reaching the outcome. Is it any wonder why MJ's books are so great? He probably spent many, many months testing and refining concepts until they are what they are today.

I don't have more time though since launch is in less than 15 days.

Testing
I'm confused (for now).

I've given the book to 7 prospects to read the material. But with <11 days left to launch, I still need to use their feedback for the final copy/book.

I don't know the what, when and how to ask for feedback.

What?

What type of feedback should I ask for? Reviews? A testimonial? Just general feedback to make the book better? Both?

Have they even read the book at all?

When?

If I hit them up too early, they may not have finished the book.

If I hit them up too late, they may not see the message in time and I won't be able to get their feedback in time to implement them in the book.

In fact, maybe 11 days is too short a time period to finish said book. (I gave it to them about a week ago?)

How?

Do I send in a google form? Do I want the review posted on Reddit instead?

These are questions I'll need to answer in the coming days before it's too late.

Log out...

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
Day 216-222
Confused - Testing

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post two times a day. It's been about 30+ days and the account has about 1200 followers. Of course, the growth has slowed down since once I passed the 1000 mark I stopped trying as hard, but I should probably prevent any built up steam from falling out before launch.

The importance of this milestone though is the ability to post your website link on tiktok! Now I have a channel to advertise at zero monetary costs.

Might have to post less long form videos to focus on short form that directly targets my target market's main problems since that gets better results.

Book
I've made another marginal breakthrough in the content and it seems with more time applying the material, I can make it better and better in solving the problem and reaching the outcome. Is it any wonder why MJ's books are so great? He probably spent many, many months testing and refining concepts until they are what they are today.

Testing
I'm confused (for now).

I've given the book to 7 prospects to read the material. But with <11 days left to launch, I still need to use their feedback for the final copy/book.

What?

What type of feedback should I ask for? Reviews? A testimonial? Just general feedback to make the book better? Both?

When?

If I hit them up too late, they may not see the message in time and I won't be able to get their feedback in time to implement them in the book.

In fact, maybe 11 days is too short a time period to finish said book. (I gave it to them about a week ago?)

How?

These are questions I'll need to answer in the coming days before it's too late.

Log out...
What:
Ask them what they felt might be missing and ask them what they would want from the book if it was worth X price.
If they liked the book ask for a testimonial
When?
Just hit them up and ask if they even opened the book if not ask why if so ask the above
How:
Just message them however you got in contact with them orginially. Then you can use a spreadsheet or form to keep track of the data. If you start getting lots of data look into data collection things like typeform

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
What:
Ask them what they felt might be missing and ask them what they would want from the book if it was worth X price.
If they liked the book ask for a testimonial
When?
Just hit them up and ask if they even opened the book if not ask why if so ask the above
How:
Just message them however you got in contact with them orginially. Then you can use a spreadsheet or form to keep track of the data. If you start getting lots of data look into data collection things like typeform
W reply. Thank you so much!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 216-222
Confused - Testing

Marketing

Book

Testing
I'm confused (for now).

What?

When?

How?

Log out...
Day 223-229
Where can I buy the book? About 3 days to re-launch + weird
phenomenon.

Marketing
The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post once a day. It's been about 30+ days and the account has about 1500 followers.

A couple of people have asked me where they can find the book, and lately, where they can buy the book after showing a positive review about it. I probably should have sent them to an email list though.

Website
The website has been revamped with the new copy I used to get the 7 prospects. All that's left is to change the pdf to the newest pdf of the book. Yay!

Book
As I look at the book, I am so thankful my first launch failed. The reason being that it allowed me to address more major and minor "bugs" that were problems on the way to the outcome.

Testing
Thanks to @Funky Monkey suggestion I hit up the 7 prospects who have the problem and desire the book addresses.

Unfortunately, only about 3 of the prospects have replied since sending them the message.

The first prospect fell sick for a week so couldn't read it, but says they are excited to read it.

The second prospect had exams, but said he's looking forward to reading it because of the problems it can help him solve.

The third prospect is in the process of finishing it and wants to send me his review soon. He's said the book lacked structure as a preliminary but wanted to finish the book before he elaborated.

Weird Phenomenon
This is weird because it seems statistically improbable, maybe it's just a bad guess.

I was scrolling through Youtube and clicked an interesting video. Scrolled down the comments to a comment that interested me, and then expanded on the replies to that comment.

In it, I saw a commenter explaining a valuable book that improved his skills a lot, it sounded eerily similar to my book. He didn't name the book but I've been researching the industry for a while and I know of no other book that targets the way he talked about except the one I'm currently writing.

I've asked him for the name of the book, hopefully I can use it as a review on the website as well, If he reply's in time. If it's another book, I will be very, very surprised and would like to read that book as well.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 223-229
Where can I buy the book? About 3 days to re-launch + weird
phenomenon.

Marketing
The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post once a day. It's been about 30+ days and the account has about 1500 followers.

A couple of people have asked me where they can find the book, and lately, where they can buy the book after showing a positive review about it. I probably should have sent them to an email list though.

Website
The website has been revamped with the new copy I used to get the 7 prospects. All that's left is to change the pdf to the newest pdf of the book. Yay!

Book
As I look at the book, I am so thankful my first launch failed. The reason being that it allowed me to address more major and minor "bugs" that were problems on the way to the outcome.

Testing
Thanks to @Funky Monkey suggestion I hit up the 7 prospects who have the problem and desire the book addresses.

Unfortunately, only about 3 of the prospects have replied since sending them the message.

The first prospect fell sick for a week so couldn't read it, but says they are excited to read it.

The second prospect had exams, but said he's looking forward to reading it because of the problems it can help him solve.

The third prospect is in the process of finishing it and wants to send me his review soon. He's said the book lacked structure as a preliminary but wanted to finish the book before he elaborated.

Weird Phenomenon
This is weird because it seems statistically improbable, maybe it's just a bad guess.

I was scrolling through Youtube and clicked an interesting video. Scrolled down the comments to a comment that interested me, and then expanded on the replies to that comment.

In it, I saw a commenter explaining a valuable book that improved his skills a lot, it sounded eerily similar to my book. He didn't name the book but I've been researching the industry for a while and I know of no other book that targets the way he talked about except the one I'm currently writing.

I've asked him for the name of the book, hopefully I can use it as a review on the website as well, If he reply's in time. If it's another book, I will be very, very surprised and would like to read that book as well.

Log out...
Day 230-235
Post Launch - Scared

Marketing

The strategy for posting on TikTok was to provide value to my target market in the form of education (nurture) and entertainment (reach), while adding trending music to the post once a day. It's been about 30+ days and the account has about 3500 followers.

Most of the growth happened the day after launch. From my understanding, the views didn't change much, but overnight I had gained +1000 followers. All I really did was add the website link so I have no idea why there should be such a big spike if at all.

Scared

I'm scared to open my dashboard and see if I've made any sales whatsoever. Anything more than 1, and I will very happy. If ever I see a recommendation, I will skip and dance for joy.

I'm thinking I should wait to the next Saturday. Because to me if it can't get 1 sale in one week, something is very wrong, and after all the work I've put into this, I'm scared to be really wrong.

Though I know regardless, I'll just need to act, assess and adjust.

Book
Stories have been added to the book. Though quite minimal before the launch.

Testing
The third prospect got back to me, explaining the information in the book was good but...

It lacked depth and structure. And the book title was generic.

I won't act on this just yet if at all. First off, I'm not able to cross-compare the feedback with other feedback (since the other prospects haven't gotten back to me yet). I also feel the feedback while well intentioned, is not very accurate (some things said I feel, don't match up with the tons of research I've done).

The 4th prospect is still reading it, but it was positive as well.

My hope is the market gives me feedback in the form of market echoes which I can use to pivot as necessary.

Log out...

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
Scared

I'm scared to open my dashboard and see if I've made any sales whatsoever. Anything more than 1, and I will very happy. If ever I see a recommendation, I will skip and dance for joy.

I'm thinking I should wait to the next Saturday. Because to me if it can't get 1 sale in one week, something is very wrong, and after all the work I've put into this, I'm scared to be really wrong.

Though I know regardless, I'll just need to act, assess and adjust.
Bite that bullet. You'll either be really happy or be disappointed which in that case you'll probably end up forgetting it later anyways.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.