The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Yeah from 0-5k followers you want to be having about 30ish% posting from your account and the other 70% replying or adding comments and such to where your traffic is [ex. If you talk about money you would post a few tweets on your main page and then you might post valuable replys onto accounts like Alex Hormozi]

Seems almost like a sunk cost fallacy but then again often the greatest rewards are when you push through the trough. Your judgement. I would take a look into "Traction" by Gabriel W. and test out the bullseye framework might help in the decision.

Keep up the good work
I agree with the "sunk cost fallacy" idea. Yes, you must keep marketing as you move on. But moving must be the operative game plan.

I've left a lot of stuff on the table as things have progressed for me over the years. I'm doing some deep spring cleaning at home and here in my office right now. It goes way beyond my physical surroundings. I'm assessing where I am compared to where I was when I made these decisions and took certain directions in business and my life. I'm in a totally different place these days. I believe that you MUST make room for new things -- out with the old and make room for the new. Life hates a vacuum and that space will be filled in no time flat!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Yeah from 0-5k followers you want to be having about 30ish% posting from your account and the other 70% replying or adding comments and such to where your traffic is [ex. If you talk about money you would post a few tweets on your main page and then you might post valuable replys onto accounts like Alex Hormozi]
Do you mean about 30% of my time should be spent posting and 70% on commenting on other pages in my niche? That makes sense. I'm basically at 5K followers though (Tiktok), but I can see this working really well if you're starting out on a platform like Twitter. I'm looking to try this on Twitter then and see if that gets the needle moving. Thank you.
Seems almost like a sunk cost fallacy but then again often the greatest rewards are when you push through the trough. Your judgement. I would take a look into "Traction" by Gabriel W. and test out the bullseye framework might help in the decision.

Keep up the good work
That's the thing though, you just never know ahah! Either you trudge on and end at the desert, or you end up in the rainforest. Anyway, I'd really like to have more than one successful channel, it helps increase control. I'll look into Traction then. Thanks much!

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Do you mean about 30% of my time should be spent posting and 70% on commenting on other pages in my niche? That makes sense. I'm basically at 5K followers though (Tiktok), but I can see this working really well if you're starting out on a platform like Twitter. I'm looking to try this on Twitter then and see if that gets the needle moving. Thank you.
Yeah. 5-10k you can follow more of 70% your own and 30% replies and maybe look into automations (although not sure how it is on tik tok)

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
That's the thing though, you just never know ahah! Either you trudge on and end at the desert, or you end up in the rainforest. Anyway, I'd really like to have more than one successful channel, it helps increase control. I'll look into Traction then. Thanks much!
Yeah. One thing though is you can kinda guesstimate to potentional upside and compare it to other opportunities [ex. Compounding your growth by consistently posting vs getting a spike in attention with a viral post or cross post which you could leverage for even more growth]

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 359-365
Break, Sales, Giveaway

This is a brilliant suggestion! So many authors down the line almost beat the gong about how publishing more than one book basically doubled their revenue. I do think I can/should do that in the future. But for now I think with business being product + advertising, I've seen the product sell, so I think for now I should just focus on improving my sucky advertising haha.

Basically, to gain traction I just posted about everyday a marketing piece that appealed to my target audience. Main Desire + Bridge + Offer (Free chapters in bio) + Trending music.

Technically it works, just not to the degree I wish it would (daily traffic in the single digits rather than the tens or hundreds so growth for now is slow). I'd highly appreciate the guide if you could send it, thank you! Yeah, I shouldn't discount what I've been able to do so far, there are people out there that would leap to make anything close to that in business, I should celebrate these kinds of successes more.

This week I took a break. Not only did the work from school for this week just significantly ramp up out of nowhere, I wanted to use that time to reflect on my strategy when I found time. I still believe Tiktok can work, and I've put so much into learning the ecosystem to turn back now I feel would be a bit premature. So I want to try lives where I just talk with my target audience about their problems and how to solve it and then have the book in the background. I hope to build more trust in the business and even fans of it.

I've also made 2 sales about this week on Amazon. A kindle and print. I was really happy my efforts paid off even a little bit. I was also still able to get some traffic to the site on some days possibly from Tiktok posting. Downloads are over 100. Yay! The coming week I want to continue this...

Because it does work. And then combine it with the Tiktok live strategy where I go into my target audiences pain points, see if that changes anything in the next 3 weeks or so.

Log out...
Day 366-379
Sale, Value-to engage an audience

This week I got my first sale of the month, so yay most likely due to this...

I watched this video from Ryan Moran -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9XY824NtQ

Basically it goes into how to build an engaged audience. Summed up-

• A funnel is a way to give incremental value to the same person (consistently) which has 3 main stages.
  • Stage 1: Traffic (exposure-get in front of target market)
  • Stage 2: conversion (Give them a reason to join the island/keep them around)
  • Stage 3: engagement (bonding with them and each other with value e.g. facebook groups).
  • “It takes about 7 hours of engaging with your content to make a highly engaged prospect.”
  • 1683485366510.png
I believed that was the missing piece in all of this. I had a problem I'd tackled with a solution (book) but I probably haven't properly made content to build an engaged audience that makes people want to buy from you in the grand scheme of things.

How I decided to do this that may have led to the sale was to [outcome] and provide [steps] to it in the past 2 videos.

The process in detail: To engage an audience is to provide value, to make them feel good by solving, relating, validating, or comforting their problems and desires to a grand dream outcome. So the process was to find the target market (Activity’ers) - find (sub) topic outcome (high level) - solve to (sub) topic outcome ([change thinking > behavior > results] with concrete steps - verify value delivered - sell in same video.

I found the target market in the forum I frequently visit. I scrolled by new to find the recurring problems that matched what my book helped overcome. Then I provided concrete and actionable steps that with just those a prospect can solve the problem. I then verified the value by making a post about it in the subreddit and if it got upvotes, it means someone received value from it. In the same video I'd tell the prospect where the value was from (AKA me book).

Sure the 2 videos didn't get many views but it was enough that someone went on to buy it on Amazon. That's what I think anyway, it's also possible they got to my amazon page another way but I've only started posting like this for the past 2 days so the probability of a coincidence seems so low. I've also started a twitter handle and followed some people in my niche, but nothing much going there. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Day 366-379

• A funnel is a way to give incremental value to the same person (consistently) which has 3 main stages.
  • Stage 3: engagement (bonding with them and each other with value e.g. facebook groups).
  • “It takes about 7 hours of engaging with your content to make a highly engaged prospect.”
  • View attachment 48689
I believed that was the missing piece in all of this. I had a problem I'd tackled with a solution (book) but I probably haven't properly made content to build an engaged audience that makes people want to buy from you in the grand scheme of things.

How I decided to do this that may have led to the sale was to [outcome] and provide [steps] to it in the past 2 videos.

The process in detail: To engage an audience is to provide value, to make them feel good by solving, relating, validating, or comforting their problems and desires to a grand dream outcome. So the process was to find the target market (Activity’ers) - find (sub) topic outcome (high level) - solve to (sub) topic outcome ([change thinking > behavior > results] with concrete steps - verify value delivered - sell in same video.

I found the target market in the forum I frequently visit. I scrolled by new to find the recurring problems that matched what my book helped overcome. Then I provided concrete and actionable steps that with just those a prospect can solve the problem. I then verified the value by making a post about it in the subreddit and if it got upvotes, it means someone received value from it. In the same video I'd tell the prospect where the value was from (AKA me book).

Sure the 2 videos didn't get many views but it was enough that someone went on to buy it on Amazon. That's what I think anyway, it's also possible they got to my amazon page another way but I've only started posting like this for the past 2 days so the probability of a coincidence seems so low. I've also started a twitter handle and followed some people in my niche, but nothing much going there. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Hey do you have a discord or something I bought a twitter growth guide but for my current ventures I didn't need it so you can have it if you'd like.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 366-379

• View attachment 48689

Log out...
Day 380-386
Sale, content creation

So, I'm a dumbo (I think). For my above the fold content and even a few paragraphs into my copy, I wasn't even 'truly' selling my offer. Sure the benefit and dream outcome was there in the beginning of the copy, but there was no mechanism or feature explaining how it happened in such a way it tugged at my prospect's heartstrings and logical mind.

By ensuring feature, mechanism (How?), (So what?) benefit and (So means?) dream outcome are present in your copy and marketing, you ensure you're hitting the prospect at all ends with your offer making your offer that much more compelling.

Following the strategy from last week- There were about 10 views to the website. People were watching my tiktoks but it seems I had a conversion problem. I noticed when I incorporated actually selling my offer in the same video with the mechanism and benefit conversions on the website in the form of downloads shot up. So going to do more of that.

Either I increase the overall value in each video or I switch to trending music videos and sum up the value there (short form vs long form). The disadvantage of the former is they are much harder to put the full value in. We'll see how it goes.

Also received my first very positive comment in a while on the videos applying the above strategy as I think those build up an audience.

Received a sale from my beta reader today as well, a whole month after she said she wanted a print copy lol. I thought she just forgot about it, really grateful.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 380-386
Sale, content creation

So, I'm a dumbo (I think). For my above the fold content and even a few paragraphs into my copy, I wasn't even 'truly' selling my offer. Sure the benefit and dream outcome was there in the beginning of the copy, but there was no mechanism or feature explaining how it happened in such a way it tugged at my prospect's heartstrings and logical mind.

By ensuring feature, mechanism (How?), (So what?) benefit and (So means?) dream outcome are present in your copy and marketing, you ensure you're hitting the prospect at all ends with your offer making your offer that much more compelling.

Following the strategy from last week- There were about 10 views to the website. People were watching my tiktoks but it seems I had a conversion problem. I noticed when I incorporated actually selling my offer in the same video with the mechanism and benefit conversions on the website in the form of downloads shot up. So going to do more of that.

Either I increase the overall value in each video or I switch to trending music videos and sum up the value there (short form vs long form). The disadvantage of the former is they are much harder to put the full value in. We'll see how it goes.

Also received my first very positive comment in a while on the videos applying the above strategy as I think those build up an audience.

Received a sale from my beta reader today as well, a whole month after she said she wanted a print copy lol. I thought she just forgot about it, really grateful.

Log out...
Day 387-400
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions

So after studying up on engaging tiktoks and creating a framework to create them, engagement on my videos have increased. The framework is as follows...

Change thinking : This is selling the value emotionally with a story/analogy. E.g. Here's my story on how I went from 500 lbs to 45 lbs.

Change behaviour (value) : This is where it starts. This is the step by step value on a barebones level. E.g. quick tips to achieve weight loss.

Change results: This sells the value logically. It describes why the quick tips work on a logical level. E.g. the xyz plant from Panama's mountains has been scientifically proven to burn fat...

Combining this with short form in the last 2 posts, website views have increased - I can get 7 days worth of traffic in 1 day of a post (Still not much, but it's a step).

Now, here's the new challenge. Out of about 15 people that may visit the site, 4/1 click buy, and 1/4 click download for the book. Great right? 4 or 1 sales a day? No. The 4 people that land on the product page leave without clicking the final purchase button. To me this says, "Hmm, I want this...oop, cost high I'm out." To be fair, it's only been two posts that have generated about 30 website views, so maybe I just need to increase the traffic to 100 to get a sale (average conversion rate being 0.5-1%(?))

So moving forward, I either increase the perceived value of the book or I decrease price. I'd like to start with the former, with improving the website copy and if that completely doesn't work, I'll consider reducing the price (It's a normal ebook price of $9.99). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 387-400
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions

So after studying up on engaging tiktoks and creating a framework to create them, engagement on my videos have increased. The framework is as follows...

Change thinking : This is selling the value emotionally with a story/analogy. E.g. Here's my story on how I went from 500 lbs to 45 lbs.

Change behaviour (value) : This is where it starts. This is the step by step value on a barebones level. E.g. quick tips to achieve weight loss.

Change results: This sells the value logically. It describes why the quick tips work on a logical level. E.g. the xyz plant from Panama's mountains has been scientifically proven to burn fat...

Combining this with short form in the last 2 posts, website views have increased - I can get 7 days worth of traffic in 1 day of a post (Still not much, but it's a step).

Now, here's the new challenge. Out of about 15 people that may visit the site, 4/1 click buy, and 1/4 click download for the book. Great right? 4 or 1 sales a day? No. The 4 people that land on the product page leave without clicking the final purchase button. To me this says, "Hmm, I want this...oop, cost high I'm out." To be fair, it's only been two posts that have generated about 30 website views, so maybe I just need to increase the traffic to 100 to get a sale (average conversion rate being 0.5-1%(?))

So moving forward, I either increase the perceived value of the book or I decrease price. I'd like to start with the former, with improving the website copy and if that completely doesn't work, I'll consider reducing the price (It's a normal ebook price of $9.99). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 401-407
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions, comments

After trying the framework multiple times this week, website traffic has moved from the single digits to the tens per day. And with it, more engagement on videos in the form of likes and on site actions such as downloads. That said, this also brought forth more comments.

You ever scroll to find a product and see an oddly specific negative review time and time again? That alone can stop you from going forward on the purchase. I believe the case is with my marketing message in that it focuses on 'forgetting about yourself and providing value', but it seems the comment section sees that in a negative light.

So, I'm working to improve the messaging by meeting them where they are at. I think as entrepreneurs it's important to look for feedback and work on it, thus enhancing the value of your product and the customer experience. Perhaps that's the thing holding people back from purchasing the book. These people may be interested, on the fence, but they just need that little push to go for it.

I've also been using the framework to improve the marketing copy of the site and that increased on site actions such as downloads and buys (not finishing the purchase though). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 401-407
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions, comments

After trying the framework multiple times this week, website traffic has moved from the single digits to the tens per day. And with it, more engagement on videos in the form of likes and on site actions such as downloads. That said, this also brought forth more comments.

You ever scroll to find a product and see an oddly specific negative review time and time again? That alone can stop you from going forward on the purchase. I believe the case is with my marketing message in that it focuses on 'forgetting about yourself and providing value', but it seems the comment section sees that in a negative light.

So, I'm working to improve the messaging by meeting them where they are at. I think as entrepreneurs it's important to look for feedback and work on it, thus enhancing the value of your product and the customer experience. Perhaps that's the thing holding people back from purchasing the book. These people may be interested, on the fence, but they just need that little push to go for it.

I've also been using the framework to improve the marketing copy of the site and that increased on site actions such as downloads and buys (not finishing the purchase though). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 408-414
Steering, comments

So far the marketing message has been improved based on getting >2X engagement continuously on the same main idea/offer posts. This seemed to happen after a problem the market had about the product's message was fixed leading to almost double the website visits.

A new category of problems have popped up I intend to solve. For starters it seems the problems fall into these categories:

How is this relevant to me right now?

Why shouldn’t I categorise this as something I already know?

Do I understand the benefits I stand to gain?

Is the cost too high?

Do I understand how those benefits will be delivered?

Do I trust/believe in the person/business/offer talking to me?

Right now, I'm attempting to fix the problem with number 2. Just need to show how my product is a hammer compared to their fingers for knocking down a nail. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 408-414
Steering, comments

So far the marketing message has been improved based on getting >2X engagement continuously on the same main idea/offer posts. This seemed to happen after a problem the market had about the product's message was fixed leading to almost double the website visits.

A new category of problems have popped up I intend to solve. For starters it seems the problems fall into these categories:

How is this relevant to me right now?

Why shouldn’t I categorise this as something I already know?

Do I understand the benefits I stand to gain?

Is the cost too high?

Do I understand how those benefits will be delivered?

Do I trust/believe in the person/business/offer talking to me?

Right now, I'm attempting to fix the problem with number 2. Just need to show how my product is a hammer compared to their fingers for knocking down a nail. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 415-421
Offer revamp - solve problems, first subscriber, Book cover revamp

It's important to start where our target market is. Following solving the market problems about my marketing message from last week comments are a lot more positive.

I received my first subscriber to my subreddit. The link to the sub was recently added to the end of the book downloads so it means there are people that read to the end of the book, and saw enough value to subscribe to a space I created on reddit.

The book cover has been revamped based on another problem my target market had. A beta reader exclaimed they didn't want to read the book in public, and I understand why now...

If someone was reading a book in public called, "How to escape being broke" some people would subconsciously judge the person based on the book. People want to feel and look cool to others when they're showing their book to others on the train. I believe this is another reason Apple and designer brands do well. It's the reason I believe books like the "48 laws of power" also do well as it shows people you have power, and intrinsic trait that draws people. The introduction to your offer should edify your prospect.

After working on it, I can say I've made a cover I'm proud of. One if, I saw someone reading on the public train, I'd instantly be drawn to them and or have a positive reception of them.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 415-421
Offer revamp - solve problems, first subscriber, Book cover revamp

It's important to start where our target market is. Following solving the market problems about my marketing message from last week comments are a lot more positive.

I received my first subscriber to my subreddit. The link to the sub was recently added to the end of the book downloads so it means there are people that read to the end of the book, and saw enough value to subscribe to a space I created on reddit.

The book cover has been revamped based on another problem my target market had. A beta reader exclaimed they didn't want to read the book in public, and I understand why now...

If someone was reading a book in public called, "How to escape being broke" some people would subconsciously judge the person based on the book. People want to feel and look cool to others when they're showing their book to others on the train. I believe this is another reason Apple and designer brands do well. It's the reason I believe books like the "48 laws of power" also do well as it shows people you have power, and intrinsic trait that draws people. The introduction to your offer should edify your prospect.

After working on it, I can say I've made a cover I'm proud of. One if, I saw someone reading on the public train, I'd instantly be drawn to them and or have a positive reception of them.

Log out...
Day 421-428
First reddit DM book sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

As entrepreneurs, our products are like bridges. They get a prospect from point A to point B, and if it's the best path they might even be willing to pay for it.

For example, where do you go for informal advice? Reddit. Where do you go for expert advice? Quora.

[You surf the internet] to get [expert advice] without [having to worry about it being verified] as a [college student]

[Activity] to [result] without [problem] as a [identity].

They're both doughnuts, but glazed differently for different people.

In terms of this, I think I built my bridge a few angles off. So, the past few weeks(months?) I've been posting about the bridge on my Tiktok and reddit DMS to my target market. Effectively, to find ways to solve the problems of imagining using the bridge and actually using it (Marketing and product development).

On the marketing side, I normally post the bridge in a Tiktok post. People come in with feedback and because the post is a preview of my bridge as a whole and parts of it, this improves the product as a whole. On my website, this can be reflected as an increase in downloads etc.

On the offer side, I post this bridge to my target market in reddit DMS to get qualitative feedback and see what can be improved about it. Today, the continuous iterations got me "lucky" and someone was enthused to get the book and I made a sale, so yay! It's also the first time I've been able to sell to basically a stranger with a reddit DM. Now to be fair, he was already looking for these kinds of books. He's seen the table of contents and he seems very happy with how thorough it is for his needs.

I'm sure as long as we keep moving forward, the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place, and we'll move forward. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 421-428
First reddit DM book sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

As entrepreneurs, our products are like bridges. They get a prospect from point A to point B, and if it's the best path they might even be willing to pay for it.

For example, where do you go for informal advice? Reddit. Where do you go for expert advice? Quora.

[You surf the internet] to get [expert advice] without [having to worry about it being verified] as a [college student]

[Activity] to [result] without [problem] as a [identity].

They're both doughnuts, but glazed differently for different people.

In terms of this, I think I built my bridge a few angles off. So, the past few weeks(months?) I've been posting about the bridge on my Tiktok and reddit DMS to my target market. Effectively, to find ways to solve the problems of imagining using the bridge and actually using it (Marketing and product development).

On the marketing side, I normally post the bridge in a Tiktok post. People come in with feedback and because the post is a preview of my bridge as a whole and parts of it, this improves the product as a whole. On my website, this can be reflected as an increase in downloads etc.

On the offer side, I post this bridge to my target market in reddit DMS to get qualitative feedback and see what can be improved about it. Today, the continuous iterations got me "lucky" and someone was enthused to get the book and I made a sale, so yay! It's also the first time I've been able to sell to basically a stranger with a reddit DM. Now to be fair, he was already looking for these kinds of books. He's seen the table of contents and he seems very happy with how thorough it is for his needs.

I'm sure as long as we keep moving forward, the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place, and we'll move forward. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 429-435
Second reddit DM book sale, first reddit DM buyer - Audio book, Paperback sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

"I would like to read a book on the story of your life. A biography."

"Ehhh?"

It was a new Monday when I started posting about my offer to my target audience in the form of reddit DMS. The focus was to gauge interest and see where I needed to improve the perceived and actual value of the bridge. After messaging a prospect that I felt my book could really help and introducing him to my offer, he decided he'd buy a copy of the book. I would have been happy with just that but then he asked...

"Do you have any other books like about your life?" I was flattered. But then I thought, that perhaps a book detailing how I went about solving the problem could be a valuable teaching experience in the future.

The first reddit DM buyer came back and he seems ecstatic about the relatability and explainability of the piece. He's really passionate about voice acting and wishes to practice with parts of the book and he really wants an audible version of it as well even recommending a really talented voice actor I could employ the talents off. In the future, I should look into factors that go into getting voice overs for books for the best reader experience for my target audience (Of which I doubt I can right now due to fund constraints).

We got a paperback sale! With this, I believe this almost a record for the month! I've been improving the main offer copy that's like the first 5 paragraphs of copy with the reddit DMS. My assumption is that since this is the solution to a real problem, if you knew the solution was within reach, you'd be happy about it. I believe it's about improving the offer to fulfil that. I've also been "revamping" the book's sections - If I can't post a section like it is on Tiktok, I can spice it up which should improve readability.

I'm still posting on Tiktok to see where the bridge can be improved. My comment section can be filled with feedback on that. So I try to do some micro improvements here and there and measure the results in terms of site visits and engagement. I think having a way to see the relation between micro actions and micro results helps a lot. For me, seeing squares space analytics of buy, download etc and how is linked to website copy allows me to roll back changes that can affect those measurements. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 429-435
Second reddit DM book sale, first reddit DM buyer - Audio book, Paperback sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

"I would like to read a book on the story of your life. A biography."

"Ehhh?"

It was a new Monday when I started posting about my offer to my target audience in the form of reddit DMS. The focus was to gauge interest and see where I needed to improve the perceived and actual value of the bridge. After messaging a prospect that I felt my book could really help and introducing him to my offer, he decided he'd buy a copy of the book. I would have been happy with just that but then he asked...

"Do you have any other books like about your life?" I was flattered. But then I thought, that perhaps a book detailing how I went about solving the problem could be a valuable teaching experience in the future.

The first reddit DM buyer came back and he seems ecstatic about the relatability and explainability of the piece. He's really passionate about voice acting and wishes to practice with parts of the book and he really wants an audible version of it as well even recommending a really talented voice actor I could employ the talents off. In the future, I should look into factors that go into getting voice overs for books for the best reader experience for my target audience (Of which I doubt I can right now due to fund constraints).

We got a paperback sale! With this, I believe this almost a record for the month! I've been improving the main offer copy that's like the first 5 paragraphs of copy with the reddit DMS. My assumption is that since this is the solution to a real problem, if you knew the solution was within reach, you'd be happy about it. I believe it's about improving the offer to fulfil that. I've also been "revamping" the book's sections - If I can't post a section like it is on Tiktok, I can spice it up which should improve readability.

I'm still posting on Tiktok to see where the bridge can be improved. My comment section can be filled with feedback on that. So I try to do some micro improvements here and there and measure the results in terms of site visits and engagement. I think having a way to see the relation between micro actions and micro results helps a lot. For me, seeing squares space analytics of buy, download etc and how is linked to website copy allows me to roll back changes that can affect those measurements. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 436-442
Paperback sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

For the past few weeks(+?) I've been looking to improve my product and marketing in terms of perceived and actual value. If we as entrepreneurs think of our products as bridges, then I've been posting this bridge in reddit DMS and Tiktoks to see what should be improved about it. I believe in doing that you can get a prospect past the obstacles that may have stopped them from moving forward with your product. With a micro-action I try to measure the micro result. So these changes if positive, should result in more downloads or clicks and if not, I can roll back the changes to a working version - This reminds me of coding and GitHub for some reason.

Past that, we got another paperback sale! We'll see how it goes...

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 436-442
Paperback sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

For the past few weeks(+?) I've been looking to improve my product and marketing in terms of perceived and actual value. If we as entrepreneurs think of our products as bridges, then I've been posting this bridge in reddit DMS and Tiktoks to see what should be improved about it. I believe in doing that you can get a prospect past the obstacles that may have stopped them from moving forward with your product. With a micro-action I try to measure the micro result. So these changes if positive, should result in more downloads or clicks and if not, I can roll back the changes to a working version - This reminds me of coding and GitHub for some reason.

Past that, we got another paperback sale! We'll see how it goes...

Log out...
Day 443-449
Button Conversions increase, "Love your content", Reddit
recommendation, Offer revamp - solve problems

About this week I've finished rewriting my book to make the ideas more appealing based on how I've seen compelling Tiktoks made (Essentially just adding an analogy to drive a point home). Apart from that, I've tried whipping up my marketing copy by -

Taking the main problem/outcome - Solving, relating, validating, and then comforting. By doing this, conversions have "doubled" - Originally 10 website views = 2 downloads, 1 "click" on buy but with this new change, having seen it work 3 days in a row with 10 website views = 2 downloads, 2 "clicks" on buy. Granted, these haven't been purchases (maybe that's to do with the low view count) and so I'm looking for ways to tip that in my favour by increasing the perceived value of the offering.

I got a really nice DM from someone who watches my Tiktok content explaining how they loved it. I thanked them and recommended they check out my book since all the concepts come from there and they explained how they would read it today and get back to me tomorrow with some feedback. If you ask me, getting feedback on the offer is pretty important so it can be another "lead" stream apart from Reddit forums to get readers who are keen on reading the book to offer feedback if the need arises.

Apart from that, someone in my target audience made a reddit post about how they were looking for a book in my category. So I made an elevator pitch for the book for him on the spot, and he thanked me for the recommendation as well as saying he would get a copy.

I've focused on improving the "bridge" by posting it on Tiktok and other avenues for feedback for a while now. Since I've re-done the product again to what I believe is a satisfactory level, perhaps I can focus more on marketing and advertising. That, or ensure the product is able to give the prospect the main benefit before moving unto these. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 443-449
Button Conversions increase, "Love your content", Reddit
recommendation, Offer revamp - solve problems

About this week I've finished rewriting my book to make the ideas more appealing based on how I've seen compelling Tiktoks made (Essentially just adding an analogy to drive a point home). Apart from that, I've tried whipping up my marketing copy by -

Taking the main problem/outcome - Solving, relating, validating, and then comforting. By doing this, conversions have "doubled" - Originally 10 website views = 2 downloads, 1 "click" on buy but with this new change, having seen it work 3 days in a row with 10 website views = 2 downloads, 2 "clicks" on buy. Granted, these haven't been purchases (maybe that's to do with the low view count) and so I'm looking for ways to tip that in my favour by increasing the perceived value of the offering.

I got a really nice DM from someone who watches my Tiktok content explaining how they loved it. I thanked them and recommended they check out my book since all the concepts come from there and they explained how they would read it today and get back to me tomorrow with some feedback. If you ask me, getting feedback on the offer is pretty important so it can be another "lead" stream apart from Reddit forums to get readers who are keen on reading the book to offer feedback if the need arises.

Apart from that, someone in my target audience made a reddit post about how they were looking for a book in my category. So I made an elevator pitch for the book for him on the spot, and he thanked me for the recommendation as well as saying he would get a copy.

I've focused on improving the "bridge" by posting it on Tiktok and other avenues for feedback for a while now. Since I've re-done the product again to what I believe is a satisfactory level, perhaps I can focus more on marketing and advertising. That, or ensure the product is able to give the prospect the main benefit before moving unto these. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 450-456
Offer revamp - solve problems

If we as entrepreneurs see our products as bridges, then I've recently discovered my bridge isn't quite complete. If we break down the bridge into checkpoints, I don't think I've been able to properly "sell" my prospect on crossing all checkpoints to the "relative" benefit.

Sure, the book can give tomatoes to those that get it, but the "relative" benefit of "chopped" tomatoes that's not really available elsewhere in the market I don't think I've able to provide based on talking with more readers.

It's a bit like reading the Millionaire Fastlane and skimming over the CENTS framework and not applying it in your life. The material is there, I just have to find a way to "sell" the idea of using it in their lives as per the main book benefit (which I plan to do with proper instructions and first person analogies). Based on this, I'm working with about 4 beta readers a week to confirm this and iterate where necessary. My priority as of now is product (main benefit achieved), marketing (copywriting), then advertising (social media). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 450-456

If we as entrepreneurs see our products as bridges, then I've recently discovered my bridge isn't quite complete. If we break down the bridge into checkpoints, I don't think I've been able to properly "sell" my prospect on crossing all checkpoints to the "relative" benefit.

Sure, the book can give tomatoes to those that get it, but the "relative" benefit of "chopped" tomatoes that's not really available elsewhere in the market I don't think I've able to provide based on talking with more readers.

It's a bit like reading the Millionaire Fastlane and skimming over the CENTS framework and not applying it in your life. The material is there, I just have to find a way to "sell" the idea of using it in their lives as per the main book benefit (which I plan to do with proper instructions and first person analogies). Based on this, I'm working with about 4 beta readers a week to confirm this and iterate where necessary. My priority as of now is product (main benefit achieved), marketing (copywriting), then advertising (social media). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 457-463

So this week had product as the focus. It's about focusing on how to better get prospects to the relative benefit. By posting a "mini" bridge (my offer) to them I can see their thought process and iterate on the feedback until they understand how to achieve the benefit. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 457-463

So this week had product as the focus. It's about focusing on how to better get prospects to the relative benefit. By posting a "mini" bridge (my offer) to them I can see their thought process and iterate on the feedback until they understand how to achieve the benefit. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 464-470

This week was spent improving the book to further hit on the "checkpoints of the bridge". A beta reader came back to say it did help them out. Due to an emergency I'll probably take a break next week.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 464-470

This week was spent improving the book to further hit on the "checkpoints of the bridge". A beta reader came back to say it did help them out. Due to an emergency I'll probably take a break next week.

Log out...
Day 471-484

I've thought about it, and I've switched my current strategy from more marketing to more product development. I'm now posting more long form content and people seem to like it a bit more - someone asked for a youtube channel and for book variants. Pas that, a beta reader exclaimed they really liked the book and wish they read it earlier, but I don't think it's about there yet.

I had a lengthy talk with one of the first beta readers who read the book and she's having a bit of an issue with a little part of the bridge that will move her towards the big dream outcome - After teaching her more about it she's started getting it more - It seems the material is there, but the way it's been explained is what might need to be worked on - we might not be there yet, but I believe a step everyday and we'll get there possibly.

For now, I'm still talking and attempting to recruit more beta readers to find and work on the "critical" parts of the bridge to attempt to ensure they can reach the dream outcome (Not that it hasn't, but I don't think it's yet to the level that was on the tin).

On a side note, I got a sales job recently and I've learned quite a bit in the past 2 days working there. Here are my notes so far on what I've learned from selling in real time -

Selling (learning and education): At a high level, connecting peoples needs and wants to a product's features and benefits - the offer with a maximum value is usually chosen (E.g. Need/Want- Feature-Benefit). For example, offering a tomato. Then, offering a soft tomato. Then, offering the softest tomato.

It can help to make them feel good (conversationally and/or offer value) - This gets them in the mindset for a sale which is comfortable. For example, starting with a compliment and explaining a benefit of the product in relation to the customer's wants based on what catches their eye. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 471-484

I've thought about it, and I've switched my current strategy from more marketing to more product development. I'm now posting more long form content and people seem to like it a bit more - someone asked for a youtube channel and for book variants. Pas that, a beta reader exclaimed they really liked the book and wish they read it earlier, but I don't think it's about there yet.

I had a lengthy talk with one of the first beta readers who read the book and she's having a bit of an issue with a little part of the bridge that will move her towards the big dream outcome - After teaching her more about it she's started getting it more - It seems the material is there, but the way it's been explained is what might need to be worked on - we might not be there yet, but I believe a step everyday and we'll get there possibly.

For now, I'm still talking and attempting to recruit more beta readers to find and work on the "critical" parts of the bridge to attempt to ensure they can reach the dream outcome (Not that it hasn't, but I don't think it's yet to the level that was on the tin).

On a side note, I got a sales job recently and I've learned quite a bit in the past 2 days working there. Here are my notes so far on what I've learned from selling in real time -

Selling (learning and education): At a high level, connecting peoples needs and wants to a product's features and benefits - the offer with a maximum value is usually chosen (E.g. Need/Want- Feature-Benefit). For example, offering a tomato. Then, offering a soft tomato. Then, offering the softest tomato.

It can help to make them feel good (conversationally and/or offer value) - This gets them in the mindset for a sale which is comfortable. For example, starting with a compliment and explaining a benefit of the product in relation to the customer's wants based on what catches their eye. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 485-491
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader rephrasing, audiobooks, sale

Bridge: Product

Model of bridge: The Copy

This week was spent working on the "bridge". A previous beta reader called attention to a critical * part of the bridge that the materials were there for, but were not properly communicated to them. I feel this has been resolved but we'll see as we talk more with the readers.

Another beta reader has made a *complaint about my writing. They seem to have a keen eye for writing and feel there are grammatically better ways to write certain sentences in the book. We talked it out, and they seem *enthused with rewriting my book to be a smoother read with a google doc I sent them.

I think a few people have requested if I had an audiobook. So off I went to research about it thinking it would cost a nickel thereabout, and boy was I wrong. Audio book narrations and mastery costs in the range of hundreds if not thousands of dollars - it will probably also take about 30 hours of straight reading for me to create an audio book personally - I can start preparing my book as a radio script for this.

I looked over my dashboard the other day to see a sale. I've been *slowly changing the marketing copy based on what the people I message on reddit say - pain points, obstacles etc. I've also been changing my TikTok marketing to long form so I can try to give value. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 485-491
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader rephrasing, audiobooks, sale

This week was spent working on the "bridge". A previous beta reader called attention to a critical * part of the bridge that the materials were there for, but were not properly communicated to them. I feel this has been resolved but we'll see as we talk more with the readers.

Another beta reader has made a *complaint about my writing. They seem to have a keen eye for writing and feel there are grammatically better ways to write certain sentences in the book. We talked it out, and they seem *enthused with rewriting my book to be a smoother read with a google doc I sent them.

I think a few people have requested if I had an audiobook. So off I went to research about it thinking it would cost a nickel thereabout, and boy was I wrong. Audio book narrations and mastery costs in the range of hundreds if not thousands of dollars - it will probably also take about 30 hours of straight reading for me to create an audio book personally - I can start preparing my book as a radio script for this.

I looked over my dashboard the other day to see a sale. I've been *slowly changing the marketing copy based on what the people I message on reddit say - pain points, obstacles etc. I've also been changing my TikTok marketing to long form so I can try to give value. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 492-498
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement

This week was spent working on the "bridge". Due to the improvements here and there, potential beta readers seem more receptive to the main ideas in the book- in fact, for the second time ever since book launch, I've been able to have a beta reader apply the framework by showing them the value in it and have hence talked with them extensively just posting book bits according to their wants and problems to get live feedback - all in about 3 days he's been able to learn what took me months to discover. As I'm aware a great product is able to change one's thinking > behaviour > results - if I am able to guide him with the book towards that, it would be a big step forward. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 492-498

This week was spent working on the "bridge". Due to the improvements here and there, potential beta readers seem more receptive to the main ideas in the book- in fact, for the second time ever since book launch, I've been able to have a beta reader apply the framework by showing them the value in it and have hence talked with them extensively just posting book bits according to their wants and problems to get live feedback - all in about 3 days he's been able to learn what took me months to discover. As I'm aware a great product is able to change one's thinking > behaviour > results - if I am able to guide him with the book towards that, it would be a big step forward. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 499-505

This week was spent working on the "bridge". Due to the improvements here and there, potential beta readers seem more receptive to the main ideas in the book- in fact, for the third time ever since book launch, I've been able to have a beta reader apply the framework by showing them the value in it and have hence talked with them extensively just posting book bits according to their wants and problems to get live feedback - all in about a week he's been able to learn what took me months to discover and apply the framework to the dream outcome successfully. As I'm aware a great product is able to change one's thinking > behaviour > results - if I am able to guide him with the book towards that, it would be a big step forward. We'll see how it goes.

At first I was using the strategy of forwarding them to leave feedback on a google doc, but the amount of live feedback you can get just posting book bits in relation to their problems, in my case is like night and day.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 499-505

This week was spent working on the "bridge". Due to the improvements here and there, potential beta readers seem more receptive to the main ideas in the book- in fact, for the third time ever since book launch, I've been able to have a beta reader apply the framework by showing them the value in it and have hence talked with them extensively just posting book bits according to their wants and problems to get live feedback - all in about a week he's been able to learn what took me months to discover and apply the framework to the dream outcome successfully. As I'm aware a great product is able to change one's thinking > behaviour > results - if I am able to guide him with the book towards that, it would be a big step forward. We'll see how it goes.

At first I was using the strategy of forwarding them to leave feedback on a google doc, but the amount of live feedback you can get just posting book bits in relation to their problems, in my case is like night and day.

Log out...
Day 506-512
Lovely comment, Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement,

This week was spent working on the "bridge". My current focus is ensuring the product can help the reader achieve the dream outcome - I'm basically posting book bits to beta readers at this stage to connect their problems to the book bits as the solution (The idea is that they'd be able to reach the dream outcome based on this or I'll have to iterate where iterations ought to occur). I opened my TikTok to post a new video and found this lovely comment from a reader...

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 5.45.25 PM.png
He went on to explain he had read it just a few days ago and happened to achieve the dream outcome at a certain level. It gave him a new perspective on the whole thing. Then asked for book recommendations in general. Of course, the Millionaire Fastlane was my one and only recommendation at the time not for the money aspect, but for the mindset it rooted in me of moving from ME,ME, ME to YOU, YOU, YOU. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 506-512
Lovely comment, Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement,

This week was spent working on the "bridge". My current focus is ensuring the product can help the reader achieve the dream outcome - I'm basically posting book bits to beta readers at this stage to connect their problems to the book bits as the solution (The idea is that they'd be able to reach the dream outcome based on this or I'll have to iterate where iterations ought to occur). I opened my TikTok to post a new video and found this lovely comment from a reader...

View attachment 51363
He went on to explain he had read it just a few days ago and happened to achieve the dream outcome at a certain level. It gave him a new perspective on the whole thing. Then asked for book recommendations in general. Of course, the Millionaire Fastlane was my one and only recommendation at the time not for the money aspect, but for the mindset it rooted in me of moving from ME,ME, ME to YOU, YOU, YOU. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 513-519
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement, sale(?)

This week was spent working on the "bridge". My current focus is ensuring the product can help the reader achieve the dream outcome - I'm basically posting book bits to beta readers at this stage to connect their problems to the book bits as the solution (The idea is that they'd be able to reach the dream outcome based on this or I'll have to iterate where iterations ought to occur). A beta reader has made quite the significant milestone in reaching this outcome. I think once the book bits are enough to get him more to the outcome, I can focus more on marketing.

Side note, when I mention the product hook in videos that increases web traffic. I believe my site can convert now based on the meetings with the beta readers and onsite conversions. I suppose the next stage is just getting more website traffic after market-product fit is done.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 513-519
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement, sale(?)

This week was spent working on the "bridge". My current focus is ensuring the product can help the reader achieve the dream outcome - I'm basically posting book bits to beta readers at this stage to connect their problems to the book bits as the solution (The idea is that they'd be able to reach the dream outcome based on this or I'll have to iterate where iterations ought to occur). A beta reader has made quite the significant milestone in reaching this outcome. I think once the book bits are enough to get him more to the outcome, I can focus more on marketing.

Side note, when I mention the product hook in videos that increases web traffic. I believe my site can convert now based on the meetings with the beta readers and onsite conversions. I suppose the next stage is just getting more website traffic after market-product fit is done.

Log out...
Day 520-526
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement, master of video conversions, master of video traffic, master of onsite conversions

Now to get more leads here are the plans...

Leads
  • Become a Master of traffic
  • Become a Master of conversions
Master of traffic
  • Value ∝ content views
  • (?) Preferably medicine vs vitamins for content ideas.
  • Place text in top of video (easier readability).
  • Ensure you’re maximising eye contact with the lens. (Can create a connection with audience).
  • Replace headline with hook (for them to be thrown into the action).
Output = Content matrix[Headline, concise:hook, bait, solution]

Current: About 1000
Vision: 3000

Master of conversions
  • Fly-Hook based
  • Selling/Lead movement (learning and education): At a high level, connecting peoples needs and wants about a noun to a product's benefits and features.
  • Lead movement ∝ Scale X Magnitude/Quality X Size of the (desired) nouns from value based on the LF-8 desires.
Output = Content matrix[Headline, hook, concise-matchful:fly-hook * value modifier, bait, expansion, fly-hook * value modifier]
Current: 0.5%
Vision: 1%

For the coming week, my aim is to move from the current to the vision on these targets. My understanding is that if video traffic was high and conversions were high then sales would be *inevitable.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 520-526
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement, master of video conversions, master of video traffic, master of onsite conversions

Leads
Master of traffic
  • Value ∝ content views
  • Ensure you’re maximising eye contact with the lens. (Can create a connection with audience).

Current: About 1000

Master of conversions
  • Fly-Hook based
  • Selling/Lead movement (learning and education): At a high level, connecting peoples needs and wants about a noun to a product's benefits and features.
  • Lead movement ∝ Scale X Magnitude/Quality X Size of the (desired) nouns from value based on the LF-8 desires.
Output = Content matrix[Headline, hook, concise-matchful:fly-hook * value modifier, bait, expansion, fly-hook * value modifier]
Current: 0.5%

For the coming week, my aim is to move from the current to the vision on these targets. My understanding is that if video traffic was high and conversions were high then sales would be *inevitable.

Log out...
Day 520-526
Offer revamp - solve problems, master of video conversions, master of video traffic, master of onsite conversions

I noticed when I mentioned the product hook in videos that increases web traffic. I believe my site can convert now based on the meetings with the beta readers and onsite conversions. I suppose the next stage is just getting more website traffic after market-product fit is done.

Leads
Master of traffic
  • Value ∝ content views

Current: >3000

Master of conversions
  • Fly-Hook based
Current: <0.5%

For the coming week, my aim is to move from the current to the vision on these targets. My understanding is that if video traffic was high and conversions were high then sales would be *inevitable. For this week, while video views increased, I noticed video conversions to the website were really low regardless even though the same fly-hook was used. Yet, in a video that had much lower views, the conversions were 10X higher. My guess is the clue is in finding the difference between the two videos.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 520-526
Offer revamp - solve problems, master of video conversions, master of video traffic, master of onsite conversions

I noticed when I mentioned the product hook in videos that increases web traffic. I believe my site can convert now based on the meetings with the beta readers and onsite conversions. I suppose the next stage is just getting more website traffic after market-product fit is done.

Leads
Master of traffic
  • Value ∝ content views

Master of conversions
  • Fly-Hook based

For the coming week, my aim is to move from the current to the vision on these targets. My understanding is that if video traffic was high and conversions were high then sales would be *inevitable. For this week, while video views increased, I noticed video conversions to the website were really low regardless even though the same fly-hook was used. Yet, in a video that had much lower views, the conversions were 10X higher. My guess is the clue is in finding the difference between the two videos.

Log out...
Day 534-540

I noticed when I mentioned the product hook in videos that increases web traffic. Now to get more leads here are the plans...

Leads
Master of traffic
  • Value ∝ content views

Master of conversions
  • Fly-Hook based

For the coming week, my aim is to move from the current to the vision on these targets. For this week, video views increased, I noticed video conversions to the website were higher than last week's with a change of the fly-hook to what my target market really wants. I posted the same flyhook to a someone in my target market in a dm, they've given me good feedback on what I could modify/add to it. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 534-540

I noticed when I mentioned the product hook in videos that increases web traffic. Now to get more leads here are the plans...

Leads
Master of traffic
  • Value ∝ content views

Master of conversions
  • Fly-Hook based

For the coming week, my aim is to move from the current to the vision on these targets. For this week, video views increased, I noticed video conversions to the website were higher than last week's with a change of the fly-hook to what my target market really wants. I posted the same flyhook to a someone in my target market in a dm, they've given me good feedback on what I could modify/add to it. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 548-554
Offer revamp - solve problems, first voluntary online review, first person reaches the high level dream outcome

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material to reach the dream outcome - of which they were finally able to reach the outcome from sending bits of the book material to them. It's the first time this has happened and I'm really proud of them and how far they've come.

A customer finished reading the updated book and loved it! There was a major critique with the book I'm working on currently but he even left a voluntary review of the book on a public subreddit!

Of course, I was ready for a tsunami of traffic to just flow in to the site but alas, the post received little to no attention because it was posted in quite the irrelevant subreddit to the book haha. I'm still really happy about it though as it's one of the first in depth reviews I've gotten.

Looking forward, the next steps are to work on improving the book based on the critique given and on my marketing. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 548-554
Offer revamp - solve problems, first voluntary online review, first person reaches the high level dream outcome

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material to reach the dream outcome - of which they were finally able to reach the outcome from sending bits of the book material to them. It's the first time this has happened and I'm really proud of them and how far they've come.

A customer finished reading the updated book and loved it! There was a major critique with the book I'm working on currently but he even left a voluntary review of the book on a public subreddit!

Of course, I was ready for a tsunami of traffic to just flow in to the site but alas, the post received little to no attention because it was posted in quite the irrelevant subreddit to the book haha. I'm still really happy about it though as it's one of the first in depth reviews I've gotten.

Looking forward, the next steps are to work on improving the book based on the critique given and on my marketing. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 555-561
review, book cover and title change

He's also went ahead and reviewed the book on Amazon! There's definitely critique in there to work with so I'm hoping I can get started working on that.

These reviews have been added to my marketing copy.

I've changed the book cover and book title to better reflect what my target audience wants after talking more with them - I find it kind of crazy how even after a year of market research I'm just now refining my targeting to this level.

The Onsite conversions as a result of these seem to have increased. I'm thinking of adding the fly-hook to redirect to the book link will help.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 555-561
review, book cover and title change

He's also went ahead and reviewed the book on Amazon! There's definitely critique in there to work with so I'm hoping I can get started working on that.

These reviews have been added to my marketing copy.

I've changed the book cover and book title to better reflect what my target audience wants after talking more with them - I find it kind of crazy how even after a year of market research I'm just now refining my targeting to this level.

The Onsite conversions as a result of these seem to have increased. I'm thinking of adding the fly-hook to redirect to the book link will help.

Day 562-568
Offer revamp - solve problems, video conversions increase, on site conversions increase, beta reader sale

Just as a recap, the goal of my progress thread is to birth a productocracy because that's just really cool for all parties involved based on finding a starving crowd. I believe the high level action for that sums up to two sentences...

Just start (sell something - courtesy of Andy Black and WJK kicking my butt to action haha - I figured window cleaning wasn't necessarily for me so I switched to the current venture I'm in to a problem I was passionate about). Iterate to a productocracy (create something that gives a prospect a desired result without the big pain point now or in the future).

At a high level I believe this comes down to marketing and product development.

For my marketing - this has been posting on one channel which is TikTok about 3 times a week at least. Each video is able to garner at least 1000-10000 views and I'm looking for ways to make my content better to increase the views or some other method such as podcasting to do so. The process to create a video is to surf my relevant target market subreddit > find a problem they're facing > offer a real solution to it > that's the video in the form of a music video or a longer form video. The conversions come about when I add a "fly-hook" in the comments section such as...

"If you liked this, you might like my book, called "bookname" linked in my bio"

This so far has allowed a conversion rate of 0.1% to the site - a far cry from the proposed average of 1% I've often heard about.

For product development - it's about being in contact with readers of the book in terms of google docs I send them or in just posting book bits. I hear their feedback and solve the problem that could stop them from reaching the dream outcome - progress can be measured as the number of problems solved in a period of time from the book bit. In recruiting readers I've now created a google sheet that allows me to follow up with these readers at appropriate times.

On a side note, I recently asked a beta reader who left a review that he could leave it on my new edition of the book - of which he ended up buying it for which I was grateful.

For product development, the goal is for a product that helps the average reader change their thinking, behaviour and results that they consciously desired in buying the product in the present or future. Technically speaking, this has happened actually based on the feedback I've got. I suppose what I'm doing now is just refining it for that to happen more frequently and to remove the core blocks in achieving that.

For marketing, the goal is to make a sale x in a month, make 10x that, then make that "10x" consistently in sales in a month (10 sales a month), then make 10x that and so on. Based on my observations, the current goal is making that "10x"in sales consistently in a month.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views or increase video conversions - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.