The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
That's the thing though, you just never know ahah! Either you trudge on and end at the desert, or you end up in the rainforest. Anyway, I'd really like to have more than one successful channel, it helps increase control. I'll look into Traction then. Thanks much!
Yeah. One thing though is you can kinda guesstimate to potentional upside and compare it to other opportunities [ex. Compounding your growth by consistently posting vs getting a spike in attention with a viral post or cross post which you could leverage for even more growth]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 366-379
Sale, Value-to engage an audience

This week I got my first sale of the month, so yay most likely due to this...

I watched this video from Ryan Moran -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9XY824NtQ

Basically it goes into how to build an engaged audience. Summed up-

• A funnel is a way to give incremental value to the same person (consistently) which has 3 main stages.
  • Stage 1: Traffic (exposure-get in front of target market)
  • Stage 2: conversion (Give them a reason to join the island/keep them around)
  • Stage 3: engagement (bonding with them and each other with value e.g. facebook groups).
  • “It takes about 7 hours of engaging with your content to make a highly engaged prospect.”
  • View attachment 48689
I believed that was the missing piece in all of this. I had a problem I'd tackled with a solution (book) but I probably haven't properly made content to build an engaged audience that makes people want to buy from you in the grand scheme of things.

How I decided to do this that may have led to the sale was to [outcome] and provide [steps] to it in the past 2 videos.

The process in detail: To engage an audience is to provide value, to make them feel good by solving, relating, validating, or comforting their problems and desires to a grand dream outcome. So the process was to find the target market (Activity’ers) - find (sub) topic outcome (high level) - solve to (sub) topic outcome ([change thinking > behavior > results] with concrete steps - verify value delivered - sell in same video.

I found the target market in the forum I frequently visit. I scrolled by new to find the recurring problems that matched what my book helped overcome. Then I provided concrete and actionable steps that with just those a prospect can solve the problem. I then verified the value by making a post about it in the subreddit and if it got upvotes, it means someone received value from it. In the same video I'd tell the prospect where the value was from (AKA me book).

Sure the 2 videos didn't get many views but it was enough that someone went on to buy it on Amazon. That's what I think anyway, it's also possible they got to my amazon page another way but I've only started posting like this for the past 2 days so the probability of a coincidence seems so low. I've also started a twitter handle and followed some people in my niche, but nothing much going there. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 380-386
Sale, content creation

So, I'm a dumbo (I think). For my above the fold content and even a few paragraphs into my copy, I wasn't even 'truly' selling my offer. Sure the benefit and dream outcome was there in the beginning of the copy, but there was no mechanism or feature explaining how it happened in such a way it tugged at my prospect's heartstrings and logical mind.

By ensuring feature, mechanism (How?), (So what?) benefit and (So means?) dream outcome are present in your copy and marketing, you ensure you're hitting the prospect at all ends with your offer making your offer that much more compelling.

Following the strategy from last week- There were about 10 views to the website. People were watching my tiktoks but it seems I had a conversion problem. I noticed when I incorporated actually selling my offer in the same video with the mechanism and benefit conversions on the website in the form of downloads shot up. So going to do more of that.

Either I increase the overall value in each video or I switch to trending music videos and sum up the value there (short form vs long form). The disadvantage of the former is they are much harder to put the full value in. We'll see how it goes.

Also received my first very positive comment in a while on the videos applying the above strategy as I think those build up an audience.

Received a sale from my beta reader today as well, a whole month after she said she wanted a print copy lol. I thought she just forgot about it, really grateful.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 380-386
Sale, content creation

So, I'm a dumbo (I think). For my above the fold content and even a few paragraphs into my copy, I wasn't even 'truly' selling my offer. Sure the benefit and dream outcome was there in the beginning of the copy, but there was no mechanism or feature explaining how it happened in such a way it tugged at my prospect's heartstrings and logical mind.

By ensuring feature, mechanism (How?), (So what?) benefit and (So means?) dream outcome are present in your copy and marketing, you ensure you're hitting the prospect at all ends with your offer making your offer that much more compelling.

Following the strategy from last week- There were about 10 views to the website. People were watching my tiktoks but it seems I had a conversion problem. I noticed when I incorporated actually selling my offer in the same video with the mechanism and benefit conversions on the website in the form of downloads shot up. So going to do more of that.

Either I increase the overall value in each video or I switch to trending music videos and sum up the value there (short form vs long form). The disadvantage of the former is they are much harder to put the full value in. We'll see how it goes.

Also received my first very positive comment in a while on the videos applying the above strategy as I think those build up an audience.

Received a sale from my beta reader today as well, a whole month after she said she wanted a print copy lol. I thought she just forgot about it, really grateful.

Log out...
Day 387-400
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions

So after studying up on engaging tiktoks and creating a framework to create them, engagement on my videos have increased. The framework is as follows...

Change thinking : This is selling the value emotionally with a story/analogy. E.g. Here's my story on how I went from 500 lbs to 45 lbs.

Change behaviour (value) : This is where it starts. This is the step by step value on a barebones level. E.g. quick tips to achieve weight loss.

Change results: This sells the value logically. It describes why the quick tips work on a logical level. E.g. the xyz plant from Panama's mountains has been scientifically proven to burn fat...

Combining this with short form in the last 2 posts, website views have increased - I can get 7 days worth of traffic in 1 day of a post (Still not much, but it's a step).

Now, here's the new challenge. Out of about 15 people that may visit the site, 4/1 click buy, and 1/4 click download for the book. Great right? 4 or 1 sales a day? No. The 4 people that land on the product page leave without clicking the final purchase button. To me this says, "Hmm, I want this...oop, cost high I'm out." To be fair, it's only been two posts that have generated about 30 website views, so maybe I just need to increase the traffic to 100 to get a sale (average conversion rate being 0.5-1%(?))

So moving forward, I either increase the perceived value of the book or I decrease price. I'd like to start with the former, with improving the website copy and if that completely doesn't work, I'll consider reducing the price (It's a normal ebook price of $9.99). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 387-400
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions

So after studying up on engaging tiktoks and creating a framework to create them, engagement on my videos have increased. The framework is as follows...

Change thinking : This is selling the value emotionally with a story/analogy. E.g. Here's my story on how I went from 500 lbs to 45 lbs.

Change behaviour (value) : This is where it starts. This is the step by step value on a barebones level. E.g. quick tips to achieve weight loss.

Change results: This sells the value logically. It describes why the quick tips work on a logical level. E.g. the xyz plant from Panama's mountains has been scientifically proven to burn fat...

Combining this with short form in the last 2 posts, website views have increased - I can get 7 days worth of traffic in 1 day of a post (Still not much, but it's a step).

Now, here's the new challenge. Out of about 15 people that may visit the site, 4/1 click buy, and 1/4 click download for the book. Great right? 4 or 1 sales a day? No. The 4 people that land on the product page leave without clicking the final purchase button. To me this says, "Hmm, I want this...oop, cost high I'm out." To be fair, it's only been two posts that have generated about 30 website views, so maybe I just need to increase the traffic to 100 to get a sale (average conversion rate being 0.5-1%(?))

So moving forward, I either increase the perceived value of the book or I decrease price. I'd like to start with the former, with improving the website copy and if that completely doesn't work, I'll consider reducing the price (It's a normal ebook price of $9.99). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 401-407
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions, comments

After trying the framework multiple times this week, website traffic has moved from the single digits to the tens per day. And with it, more engagement on videos in the form of likes and on site actions such as downloads. That said, this also brought forth more comments.

You ever scroll to find a product and see an oddly specific negative review time and time again? That alone can stop you from going forward on the purchase. I believe the case is with my marketing message in that it focuses on 'forgetting about yourself and providing value', but it seems the comment section sees that in a negative light.

So, I'm working to improve the messaging by meeting them where they are at. I think as entrepreneurs it's important to look for feedback and work on it, thus enhancing the value of your product and the customer experience. Perhaps that's the thing holding people back from purchasing the book. These people may be interested, on the fence, but they just need that little push to go for it.

I've also been using the framework to improve the marketing copy of the site and that increased on site actions such as downloads and buys (not finishing the purchase though). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 401-407
Increased website traffic, new problem - on site conversions, comments

After trying the framework multiple times this week, website traffic has moved from the single digits to the tens per day. And with it, more engagement on videos in the form of likes and on site actions such as downloads. That said, this also brought forth more comments.

You ever scroll to find a product and see an oddly specific negative review time and time again? That alone can stop you from going forward on the purchase. I believe the case is with my marketing message in that it focuses on 'forgetting about yourself and providing value', but it seems the comment section sees that in a negative light.

So, I'm working to improve the messaging by meeting them where they are at. I think as entrepreneurs it's important to look for feedback and work on it, thus enhancing the value of your product and the customer experience. Perhaps that's the thing holding people back from purchasing the book. These people may be interested, on the fence, but they just need that little push to go for it.

I've also been using the framework to improve the marketing copy of the site and that increased on site actions such as downloads and buys (not finishing the purchase though). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 408-414
Steering, comments

So far the marketing message has been improved based on getting >2X engagement continuously on the same main idea/offer posts. This seemed to happen after a problem the market had about the product's message was fixed leading to almost double the website visits.

A new category of problems have popped up I intend to solve. For starters it seems the problems fall into these categories:

How is this relevant to me right now?

Why shouldn’t I categorise this as something I already know?

Do I understand the benefits I stand to gain?

Is the cost too high?

Do I understand how those benefits will be delivered?

Do I trust/believe in the person/business/offer talking to me?

Right now, I'm attempting to fix the problem with number 2. Just need to show how my product is a hammer compared to their fingers for knocking down a nail. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 408-414
Steering, comments

So far the marketing message has been improved based on getting >2X engagement continuously on the same main idea/offer posts. This seemed to happen after a problem the market had about the product's message was fixed leading to almost double the website visits.

A new category of problems have popped up I intend to solve. For starters it seems the problems fall into these categories:

How is this relevant to me right now?

Why shouldn’t I categorise this as something I already know?

Do I understand the benefits I stand to gain?

Is the cost too high?

Do I understand how those benefits will be delivered?

Do I trust/believe in the person/business/offer talking to me?

Right now, I'm attempting to fix the problem with number 2. Just need to show how my product is a hammer compared to their fingers for knocking down a nail. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 415-421
Offer revamp - solve problems, first subscriber, Book cover revamp

It's important to start where our target market is. Following solving the market problems about my marketing message from last week comments are a lot more positive.

I received my first subscriber to my subreddit. The link to the sub was recently added to the end of the book downloads so it means there are people that read to the end of the book, and saw enough value to subscribe to a space I created on reddit.

The book cover has been revamped based on another problem my target market had. A beta reader exclaimed they didn't want to read the book in public, and I understand why now...

If someone was reading a book in public called, "How to escape being broke" some people would subconsciously judge the person based on the book. People want to feel and look cool to others when they're showing their book to others on the train. I believe this is another reason Apple and designer brands do well. It's the reason I believe books like the "48 laws of power" also do well as it shows people you have power, and intrinsic trait that draws people. The introduction to your offer should edify your prospect.

After working on it, I can say I've made a cover I'm proud of. One if, I saw someone reading on the public train, I'd instantly be drawn to them and or have a positive reception of them.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 443-449
Button Conversions increase, "Love your content", Reddit
recommendation, Offer revamp - solve problems

About this week I've finished rewriting my book to make the ideas more appealing based on how I've seen compelling Tiktoks made (Essentially just adding an analogy to drive a point home). Apart from that, I've tried whipping up my marketing copy by -

Taking the main problem/outcome - Solving, relating, validating, and then comforting. By doing this, conversions have "doubled" - Originally 10 website views = 2 downloads, 1 "click" on buy but with this new change, having seen it work 3 days in a row with 10 website views = 2 downloads, 2 "clicks" on buy. Granted, these haven't been purchases (maybe that's to do with the low view count) and so I'm looking for ways to tip that in my favour by increasing the perceived value of the offering.

I got a really nice DM from someone who watches my Tiktok content explaining how they loved it. I thanked them and recommended they check out my book since all the concepts come from there and they explained how they would read it today and get back to me tomorrow with some feedback. If you ask me, getting feedback on the offer is pretty important so it can be another "lead" stream apart from Reddit forums to get readers who are keen on reading the book to offer feedback if the need arises.

Apart from that, someone in my target audience made a reddit post about how they were looking for a book in my category. So I made an elevator pitch for the book for him on the spot, and he thanked me for the recommendation as well as saying he would get a copy.

I've focused on improving the "bridge" by posting it on Tiktok and other avenues for feedback for a while now. Since I've re-done the product again to what I believe is a satisfactory level, perhaps I can focus more on marketing and advertising. That, or ensure the product is able to give the prospect the main benefit before moving unto these. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 450-456
Offer revamp - solve problems

If we as entrepreneurs see our products as bridges, then I've recently discovered my bridge isn't quite complete. If we break down the bridge into checkpoints, I don't think I've been able to properly "sell" my prospect on crossing all checkpoints to the "relative" benefit.

Sure, the book can give tomatoes to those that get it, but the "relative" benefit of "chopped" tomatoes that's not really available elsewhere in the market I don't think I've able to provide based on talking with more readers.

It's a bit like reading the Millionaire Fastlane and skimming over the CENTS framework and not applying it in your life. The material is there, I just have to find a way to "sell" the idea of using it in their lives as per the main book benefit (which I plan to do with proper instructions and first person analogies). Based on this, I'm working with about 4 beta readers a week to confirm this and iterate where necessary. My priority as of now is product (main benefit achieved), marketing (copywriting), then advertising (social media). We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 457-463

If we as entrepreneurs see our products as bridges, then I've recently discovered my bridge isn't quite complete. If we break down the bridge into checkpoints, I don't think I've been able to properly "sell" my prospect on crossing all checkpoints to the "relative" benefit.

So this week had product as the focus. It's about focusing on how to better get prospects to the relative benefit. By posting a "mini" bridge (my offer) to them I can see their thought process and iterate on the feedback until they understand how to achieve the benefit. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 464-470

This week was spent improving the book to further hit on the "checkpoints of the bridge". A beta reader came back to say it did help them out. Due to an emergency I'll probably take a break next week.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 464-470

This week was spent improving the book to further hit on the "checkpoints of the bridge". A beta reader came back to say it did help them out. Due to an emergency I'll probably take a break next week.

Log out...
Day 471-484

I've thought about it, and I've switched my current strategy from more marketing to more product development. I'm now posting more long form content and people seem to like it a bit more - someone asked for a youtube channel and for book variants. Pas that, a beta reader exclaimed they really liked the book and wish they read it earlier, but I don't think it's about there yet.

I had a lengthy talk with one of the first beta readers who read the book and she's having a bit of an issue with a little part of the bridge that will move her towards the big dream outcome - After teaching her more about it she's started getting it more - It seems the material is there, but the way it's been explained is what might need to be worked on - we might not be there yet, but I believe a step everyday and we'll get there possibly.

For now, I'm still talking and attempting to recruit more beta readers to find and work on the "critical" parts of the bridge to attempt to ensure they can reach the dream outcome (Not that it hasn't, but I don't think it's yet to the level that was on the tin).

On a side note, I got a sales job recently and I've learned quite a bit in the past 2 days working there. Here are my notes so far on what I've learned from selling in real time -

Selling (learning and education): At a high level, connecting peoples needs and wants to a product's features and benefits - the offer with a maximum value is usually chosen (E.g. Need/Want- Feature-Benefit). For example, offering a tomato. Then, offering a soft tomato. Then, offering the softest tomato.

It can help to make them feel good (conversationally and/or offer value) - This gets them in the mindset for a sale which is comfortable. For example, starting with a compliment and explaining a benefit of the product in relation to the customer's wants based on what catches their eye. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 471-484

I've thought about it, and I've switched my current strategy from more marketing to more product development. I'm now posting more long form content and people seem to like it a bit more - someone asked for a youtube channel and for book variants. Pas that, a beta reader exclaimed they really liked the book and wish they read it earlier, but I don't think it's about there yet.

I had a lengthy talk with one of the first beta readers who read the book and she's having a bit of an issue with a little part of the bridge that will move her towards the big dream outcome - After teaching her more about it she's started getting it more - It seems the material is there, but the way it's been explained is what might need to be worked on - we might not be there yet, but I believe a step everyday and we'll get there possibly.

For now, I'm still talking and attempting to recruit more beta readers to find and work on the "critical" parts of the bridge to attempt to ensure they can reach the dream outcome (Not that it hasn't, but I don't think it's yet to the level that was on the tin).

On a side note, I got a sales job recently and I've learned quite a bit in the past 2 days working there. Here are my notes so far on what I've learned from selling in real time -

Selling (learning and education): At a high level, connecting peoples needs and wants to a product's features and benefits - the offer with a maximum value is usually chosen (E.g. Need/Want- Feature-Benefit). For example, offering a tomato. Then, offering a soft tomato. Then, offering the softest tomato.

It can help to make them feel good (conversationally and/or offer value) - This gets them in the mindset for a sale which is comfortable. For example, starting with a compliment and explaining a benefit of the product in relation to the customer's wants based on what catches their eye. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 485-491
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader rephrasing, audiobooks, sale

Bridge: Product

Model of bridge: The Copy

This week was spent working on the "bridge". A previous beta reader called attention to a critical * part of the bridge that the materials were there for, but were not properly communicated to them. I feel this has been resolved but we'll see as we talk more with the readers.

Another beta reader has made a *complaint about my writing. They seem to have a keen eye for writing and feel there are grammatically better ways to write certain sentences in the book. We talked it out, and they seem *enthused with rewriting my book to be a smoother read with a google doc I sent them.

I think a few people have requested if I had an audiobook. So off I went to research about it thinking it would cost a nickel thereabout, and boy was I wrong. Audio book narrations and mastery costs in the range of hundreds if not thousands of dollars - it will probably also take about 30 hours of straight reading for me to create an audio book personally - I can start preparing my book as a radio script for this.

I looked over my dashboard the other day to see a sale. I've been *slowly changing the marketing copy based on what the people I message on reddit say - pain points, obstacles etc. I've also been changing my TikTok marketing to long form so I can try to give value. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 485-491
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader rephrasing, audiobooks, sale

This week was spent working on the "bridge". A previous beta reader called attention to a critical * part of the bridge that the materials were there for, but were not properly communicated to them. I feel this has been resolved but we'll see as we talk more with the readers.

Another beta reader has made a *complaint about my writing. They seem to have a keen eye for writing and feel there are grammatically better ways to write certain sentences in the book. We talked it out, and they seem *enthused with rewriting my book to be a smoother read with a google doc I sent them.

I think a few people have requested if I had an audiobook. So off I went to research about it thinking it would cost a nickel thereabout, and boy was I wrong. Audio book narrations and mastery costs in the range of hundreds if not thousands of dollars - it will probably also take about 30 hours of straight reading for me to create an audio book personally - I can start preparing my book as a radio script for this.

I looked over my dashboard the other day to see a sale. I've been *slowly changing the marketing copy based on what the people I message on reddit say - pain points, obstacles etc. I've also been changing my TikTok marketing to long form so I can try to give value. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 492-498
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement

This week was spent working on the "bridge". Due to the improvements here and there, potential beta readers seem more receptive to the main ideas in the book- in fact, for the second time ever since book launch, I've been able to have a beta reader apply the framework by showing them the value in it and have hence talked with them extensively just posting book bits according to their wants and problems to get live feedback - all in about 3 days he's been able to learn what took me months to discover. As I'm aware a great product is able to change one's thinking > behaviour > results - if I am able to guide him with the book towards that, it would be a big step forward. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 499-505
Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement

This week was spent working on the "bridge". Due to the improvements here and there, potential beta readers seem more receptive to the main ideas in the book- in fact, for the third time ever since book launch, I've been able to have a beta reader apply the framework by showing them the value in it and have hence talked with them extensively just posting book bits according to their wants and problems to get live feedback - all in about a week he's been able to learn what took me months to discover and apply the framework to the dream outcome successfully. As I'm aware a great product is able to change one's thinking > behaviour > results - if I am able to guide him with the book towards that, it would be a big step forward. We'll see how it goes.

At first I was using the strategy of forwarding them to leave feedback on a google doc, but the amount of live feedback you can get just posting book bits in relation to their problems, in my case is like night and day.

Log out...
Day 506-512
Lovely comment, Offer revamp - solve problems, beta reader engagement,

This week was spent working on the "bridge". My current focus is ensuring the product can help the reader achieve the dream outcome - I'm basically posting book bits to beta readers at this stage to connect their problems to the book bits as the solution (The idea is that they'd be able to reach the dream outcome based on this or I'll have to iterate where iterations ought to occur). I opened my TikTok to post a new video and found this lovely comment from a reader...

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 5.45.25 PM.png
He went on to explain he had read it just a few days ago and happened to achieve the dream outcome at a certain level. It gave him a new perspective on the whole thing. Then asked for book recommendations in general. Of course, the Millionaire Fastlane was my one and only recommendation at the time not for the money aspect, but for the mindset it rooted in me of moving from ME,ME, ME to YOU, YOU, YOU. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 548-554
Offer revamp - solve problems, first voluntary online review, first person reaches the high level dream outcome

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material to reach the dream outcome - of which they were finally able to reach the outcome from sending bits of the book material to them. It's the first time this has happened and I'm really proud of them and how far they've come.

A customer finished reading the updated book and loved it! There was a major critique with the book I'm working on currently but he even left a voluntary review of the book on a public subreddit!

Of course, I was ready for a tsunami of traffic to just flow in to the site but alas, the post received little to no attention because it was posted in quite the irrelevant subreddit to the book haha. I'm still really happy about it though as it's one of the first in depth reviews I've gotten.

Looking forward, the next steps are to work on improving the book based on the critique given and on my marketing. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 555-561
Offer revamp - solve problems, first voluntary online review, first person reaches the high level dream outcome
review, book cover and title change

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material to reach the dream outcome - of which they were finally able to reach the outcome from sending bits of the book material to them. It's the first time this has happened and I'm really proud of them and how far they've come.

A customer finished reading the updated book and loved it! There was a major critique with the book I'm working on currently but he even left a voluntary review of the book on a public subreddit!

He's also went ahead and reviewed the book on Amazon! There's definitely critique in there to work with so I'm hoping I can get started working on that.

These reviews have been added to my marketing copy.

I've changed the book cover and book title to better reflect what my target audience wants after talking more with them - I find it kind of crazy how even after a year of market research I'm just now refining my targeting to this level.

The Onsite conversions as a result of these seem to have increased. I'm thinking of adding the fly-hook to redirect to the book link will help.

Looking forward, the next steps are to work on improving the book based on the critique given and on my marketing. We'll see how it goes.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 555-561
review, book cover and title change

He's also went ahead and reviewed the book on Amazon! There's definitely critique in there to work with so I'm hoping I can get started working on that.

These reviews have been added to my marketing copy.

I've changed the book cover and book title to better reflect what my target audience wants after talking more with them - I find it kind of crazy how even after a year of market research I'm just now refining my targeting to this level.

The Onsite conversions as a result of these seem to have increased. I'm thinking of adding the fly-hook to redirect to the book link will help.

Day 562-568
Offer revamp - solve problems, video conversions increase, on site conversions increase, beta reader sale

Just as a recap, the goal of my progress thread is to birth a productocracy because that's just really cool for all parties involved based on finding a starving crowd. I believe the high level action for that sums up to two sentences...

Just start (sell something - courtesy of Andy Black and WJK kicking my butt to action haha - I figured window cleaning wasn't necessarily for me so I switched to the current venture I'm in to a problem I was passionate about). Iterate to a productocracy (create something that gives a prospect a desired result without the big pain point now or in the future).

At a high level I believe this comes down to marketing and product development.

For my marketing - this has been posting on one channel which is TikTok about 3 times a week at least. Each video is able to garner at least 1000-10000 views and I'm looking for ways to make my content better to increase the views or some other method such as podcasting to do so. The process to create a video is to surf my relevant target market subreddit > find a problem they're facing > offer a real solution to it > that's the video in the form of a music video or a longer form video. The conversions come about when I add a "fly-hook" in the comments section such as...

"If you liked this, you might like my book, called "bookname" linked in my bio"

This so far has allowed a conversion rate of 0.1% to the site - a far cry from the proposed average of 1% I've often heard about.

For product development - it's about being in contact with readers of the book in terms of google docs I send them or in just posting book bits. I hear their feedback and solve the problem that could stop them from reaching the dream outcome - progress can be measured as the number of problems solved in a period of time from the book bit. In recruiting readers I've now created a google sheet that allows me to follow up with these readers at appropriate times.

On a side note, I recently asked a beta reader who left a review that he could leave it on my new edition of the book - of which he ended up buying it for which I was grateful.

For product development, the goal is for a product that helps the average reader change their thinking, behaviour and results that they consciously desired in buying the product in the present or future. Technically speaking, this has happened actually based on the feedback I've got. I suppose what I'm doing now is just refining it for that to happen more frequently and to remove the core blocks in achieving that.

For marketing, the goal is to make a sale x in a month, make 10x that, then make that "10x" consistently in sales in a month (10 sales a month), then make 10x that and so on. Based on my observations, the current goal is making that "10x"in sales consistently in a month.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views or increase video conversions - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 583-589
Offer revamp - solve problems, follow up sheets-beta readers, book ideas, new record - sale

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review.

Creating a systematised process for following up with beta readers revealed new insights - they hadn't started reading the book - reason: "busy" - guess as to why? They hadn't yet seen the value in it. Solution: Forget about asking them to read the book for now. Come in to talk to them as a discussion - post the main book idea instead of the book, see if they subscribe to these ideas and if not, iterate until they themselves believe and subscribe to them. Conclusion: Sell the idea before you sell a product built on it, selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E, 1 (potential) sale.

I've received my third sale so far for the month which might not be something to write home about - but I am grateful and is an all new record in sales. The conversions on the site are higher now on average as a result of beta reader conversations and working on the book ideas presented accordingly to solve potential problems.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase website views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 590-596
Offer revamp - solve problems, influencer marketing strategy(?), buyer interest (influencer), insight

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review (AKA the marketing of the book). Take away: selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E.

This could be another avenue to market the book - influencer marketing. I have an alternate youtube account in which I solely click around business and social skills topics to immerse myself in my niche - therefore youtube recommends more of these types of videos and allows me to find more of these influencers who make such content - I saw a person's video that was synthesised so well I had to send them an email complimenting them about it, and I dropped in the message I was a social skills author. He was interested in the book I wrote and I've sent it to him and another with a similar approach. Probably will follow up soon. This strategy can definitely be systematised and if the influencer likes your book, they'll probably make a video on it...

Case in point: A reader on the self improvement subreddit I saw was doing a reading challenge who I recommended the book. After explaining the refined book premise he was excited to read the book, add it to his collection and show it on his stream - Of course, paperback is expensive to print and ship so we agreed on an ebook. If you could find influencers in your niche who sometimes review products like yours for the benefit of them and their audience and live around your area - build a good relationship and have a good product, it might be possible to onboard them to checking out and sharing your product with ease and gain the good will of their audience. This strategy sounds appealing on the surface as my skills are probably more in favour with building relationships than making content at the moment. Performing well on this strategy could be about leaning into my personal strengths.

Insight: I've noticed that the people who read social skills books or books in general AND have the problem my book intends to help them solve are often more keen on average to actually get the book. Perhaps I could lean into this and find where they congregate to market more in that area.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase website views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 604-610
Offer revamp - solve problems, copy change, influencer marketing strategy(?), sale

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - posting the idea on reddit got that post over a hundred reactions so it must be a step in the right direction.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). The very next day after doing so and making a video, I received a sale. I've updated my book material to reflect this new material. The next step from here is to gather more beta readers for the book or people who engage with the material in general.

This could be another avenue to market the book - influencer marketing. I have an alternate youtube account in which I solely click around business and social skills topics to immerse myself in my niche - therefore youtube recommends more of these types of videos and allows me to find more of these influencers who make such content. This strategy can definitely be systematised and if the influencer likes your book, they'll probably make a video on it.

Log out...
Day 611-617
Offer revamp - solve problems, copy change - dms'

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback) (to my awareness, a customer has bought the book, told me they loved it, and even bought a copy for a friend, but it's possible this was more a one off event - I would like more proof before I pull down less on the product lever and more on the marketing lever e.g. podcasts and the like).

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 611-617

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback) (to my awareness, a customer has bought the book, told me they loved it, and even bought a copy for a friend, but it's possible this was more a one off event - I would like more proof before I pull down less on the product lever and more on the marketing lever e.g. podcasts and the like).

Log out...
Day 618-624

image_6487327.jpeg

Dm of the week (Of course I forwarded him to MJ's books for methodologies behind how I wrote the book ;))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the start of the book less technical, front loading the "value" and just making it more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback).

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 625-631
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, sale (coaching call(?))

View attachment 53364

Dm of the week (Of course I forwarded him to MJ's books for methodologies behind how I wrote the book ;))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week this involved solving the main problems a beta reader had in understanding the material. For example, making the start of the book less technical, front loading the "value" and just making it more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback).

Log out...
Day 625-631
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, sale (coaching call(?))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week this involved solving the main problems a beta reader who had finished reading the book in understanding the material. Thankfully they thought the book to be amazing.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt.

I had a sort of "coaching call" where a beta reader I dm'd wanted to talk on zoom based on the message I sent them. We talked and I recommended the book of which they purchased it.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 632-638
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?)

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was no other known issue (excusing polishing issues).

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

I have a sort of "coaching call" with a customer tomorrow in which he wishes to have a couple of his questions about the book answered - this will be over zoom and I'll pay attention to these questions to write them into the book for other readers.

Log out...
Day 639-645
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?), sale
DM of the week
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 7.25.12 PM.png
Yay!

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was "understanding issues" that I helped a reader resolve on a coaching call(?) which I've since integrated with the book.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. I'm learning ReactJs and soon to start with NodeJs and Postgres for database. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

This week I was fortunate to get a sale which I feel can be contributed to two things - content resonation and/or good landing page copy. Content resonation is where a watcher of the content "vibes" with the content - I've been getting double the website views lately due to this probably. It's about taking a trend/tiktok meta and adapting it to the content I'm going to make e.g. the Roman Empire trend. On the other end, the website copy has been updated and I found a "logic" bottleneck to hitting the checkpoints of the copy by talking more with my target audience and seeing where they "diverge" from the expected path in expectations.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 639-645
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?), sale
DM of the week
View attachment 53751
Yay!

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was "understanding issues" that I helped a reader resolve on a coaching call(?) which I've since integrated with the book.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. I'm learning ReactJs and soon to start with NodeJs and Postgres for database. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

This week I was fortunate to get a sale which I feel can be contributed to two things - content resonation and/or good landing page copy. Content resonation is where a watcher of the content "vibes" with the content - I've been getting double the website views lately due to this probably. It's about taking a trend/tiktok meta and adapting it to the content I'm going to make e.g. the Roman Empire trend. On the other end, the website copy has been updated and I found a "logic" bottleneck to hitting the checkpoints of the copy by talking more with my target audience and seeing where they "diverge" from the expected path in expectations.

Log out...
Day 646-652
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was a "reader divert issue" that occurred where a reader would skip straight to the book exercises without reading the material in completion - after correcting this "issue", the reader finished the book and found it to be a great framework for conversations - I've since integrated this in the book. I've also emailed a recent customer about their experiences with the book, I'm looking for further "critic" from a real world customer and I've offered a zoom call for advanced support if they wish for it.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 646-652
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was a "reader divert issue" that occurred where a reader would skip straight to the book exercises without reading the material in completion - after correcting this "issue", the reader finished the book and found it to be a great framework for conversations - I've since integrated this in the book. I've also emailed a recent customer about their experiences with the book, I'm looking for further "critic" from a real world customer and I've offered a zoom call for advanced support if they wish for it.

Log out...
Day 653-659
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy finished, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome.

The marketing copy is at a "perfected" state I think. I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at. This was possible with quantitative (download and buy clicks) and qualitative feedback (reddit dms') to spot any "obstacles" there. At the moment I believe on average, the site receives 7 visits per video per 1000 video views and (roughly) within 75-150 website views, a "sale" should occur.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 653-659
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy finished, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome.

The marketing copy is at a "perfected" state I think. I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at. This was possible with quantitative (download and buy clicks) and qualitative feedback (reddit dms') to spot any "obstacles" there. At the moment I believe on average, the site receives 7 visits per video per 1000 video views and (roughly) within 75-150 website views, a "sale" should occur.

Log out...
Day 660-665

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. After bouncing around with a beta reader like kids on a trampoline from problem to problem (in an effort to traceback the source of the problem), I was able to solve a problem that a couple of beta readers had been struggling with - I've added the "solution piece" to the book. Allowing the reader to go from...

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 1.05.09 AM.png

...to...
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.17.27 PM.png
in a day and that is AWESOMEEE!

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 660-665

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. After bouncing around with a beta reader like kids on a trampoline from problem to problem (in an effort to traceback the source of the problem), I was able to solve a problem that a couple of beta readers had been struggling with - I've added the "solution piece" to the book. Allowing the reader to go from...

View attachment 54251

...to...
View attachment 54250
in a day and that is AWESOMEEE!

Log out...
Day 667-672
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. A beta reader came back and mentioned the book surely had presentation issues, yet no functional issues and is very very glad the book was sent to them.

The marketing copy possibly has a refinement requirement. While I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Lately, the page is getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely is the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' I believe the issue can be resolved in increasing the belief of each "checkpoint" of the solution with deeper analogies or stories I think.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 680-686
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy, book change, sale, feedback tool

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy" clicks for Amazon and on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...
Day 687-691

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. In this case, it was more along the lines of allowing beta readers to "realise a mindset switch" that the book activates when you switch to a mindset of give, give, give because that's beautiful.

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy and add to cart on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 687-691

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. In this case, it was more along the lines of allowing beta readers to "realise a mindset switch" that the book activates when you switch to a mindset of give, give, give because that's beautiful.

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy and add to cart on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...
Day 694-700
Offer revamp - solve problems, oof sale, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

I got a sale today on the print version of the book, great! Yet, the version of the book bought was an older version on amazon - oof. I have no links I'm aware of pointing to this book version, and yet someone still managed to find their way to it - I'm both grateful and frazzled they'll have a print version of a much older version of the book. On one hand, I could "archive" that version, but it still works it's just older, and it could serve as future research material if it continues to perform. The customer will probably be fine. If you have thoughts for what I should do here, I'd be grateful for ideas. Thanks.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 694-700
Offer revamp - solve problems, oof sale, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

I got a sale today on the print version of the book, great! Yet, the version of the book bought was an older version on amazon - oof. I have no links I'm aware of pointing to this book version, and yet someone still managed to find their way to it - I'm both grateful and frazzled they'll have a print version of a much older version of the book. On one hand, I could "archive" that version, but it still works it's just older, and it could serve as future research material if it continues to perform. The customer will probably be fine. If you have thoughts for what I should do here, I'd be grateful for ideas. Thanks.

Log out...
Day 700-714
Offer revamp - solve problems, sale, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

I got a sale today on the digital version of the book, great! The person had most likely downloaded the book, seen the value and proceeded to buy the book.

There was no marketing done for this or the previous week so the website views slowed to a crawl. The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 700-714

I got a sale today on the digital version of the book, great! The person had most likely downloaded the book, seen the value and proceeded to buy the book.

There was no marketing done for this or the previous week so the website views slowed to a crawl. The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...
Day 715-721

I got a sale this week on the digital version of the book on amazon, great! Yet, this was a version of the book that was outdated - I'm not sure how in the world they're getting to that old version of the book, and that book at all since I don't have any links to it - perhaps it's amazon SEO yet that book is unrated and the new one is available. I have a good mind of unpublishing the book so they can only access the new one - edit - I just searched my name on amazon and it's actually the old version of the book that pops up before the new version of the book.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 715-721

I got a sale this week on the digital version of the book on amazon, great! Yet, this was a version of the book that was outdated - I'm not sure how in the world they're getting to that old version of the book, and that book at all since I don't have any links to it - perhaps it's amazon SEO yet that book is unrated and the new one is available. I have a good mind of unpublishing the book so they can only access the new one - edit - I just searched my name on amazon and it's actually the old version of the book that pops up before the new version of the book.

Log out...
Day 722-735

I just searched my name on amazon and it's actually the old version of the book that popped up before the new version of the book. In order to rectify this, I've unpublished this version of the book so only the newest version is available for future readers.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. I've learned ReactJs and have started with NodeJs and Postgres for database. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

Log out...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...