The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aspiring Musician who doesn't want to do it for money, but also doesn't want to worry about money

jhoover

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 4, 2022
My name is Jonathan, I am 22 years old. I went to school, and went back twice to recieve the letters MBA, and MSML behind my name. I can confirm that those 7 letters I spent over $10,000 on mean absolutely nothing. My goal is to be a singer, but with the over saturated music market, and overall lack of value that society puts on music I won't be able to make money doing it. I also know that I don't want to have to perform for money, I just enjoy performing. I am interested in learning about eCommerce, and selling online courses. I figure I can put together a course teaching people how to sing, and sell it. I am here to learn, and share what I learn through my successes and failures in business. Thank you for your time, and I hope that there is financial freedom in all of our futures!
@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I can confirm that those 7 letters I spent over $10,000 on mean absolutely nothing
When you offer a course for sale, then those letters will mean something. They are credibility markers that tell others that you've accomplished something. They are markers of authority, and it doesn't matter if they are relevant to music or not.

My goal is to be a singer, but with the over saturated music market, and overall lack of value that society puts on music I won't be able to make money doing it.
If being a singer is your goal, then just do it. The music market is only saturated if you believe it is. You can be successful with singing (probably), but you might have to get creative with how and where you sell yourself.

Welcome to the forum.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
Music is still in demand. Almost everybody listen to it. I once heared something like that: "You will make content(music) for people like you and there is a lot of people like you."

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Before making an online course, I would recommend teaching people in person, so that you can learn how to teach. While doing this, build an audience online in preparation for your courses. As you figure things out teaching people locally, you can turn these lessons into videos / blog posts for people online.

It will be easier to make money teaching people locally than teaching people online, but that comes with it's own restrictions. There are several programs available online on how to build a successful music school.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...