• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Computer Engineer that doesn't want to settle with a 9 to 5 job

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Martin.G, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Martin.G

Martin.G New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $63
    Hi guy, my name is Martin and i am from Argentina.
    I just finished to read The millonario fastlane and right away sign up in this forum. From the title of this introduction, you know that a I'm I computer engineer that does't to settle with a job from 9 to 5, neither to have a boss that take all of my work. I've been working like freelance with a couple a clients like a programmer but I didn't enjoy really work in other persons projects.
    Since I remember I always want to be an entrepreneur, and before that job I worked on a couple of projects in where I do the SEO. They were a bunch of website in different niche that gave my a couple bucks, enough to start. But then I take the advice of my family to begin to work in the "rights" jobs.
    Well, after tried and hate it, I start another blog where I have been working the past year. I still have not gotten it to take off, but I have a couple ideas.
    Finally, I want to say that I sign up in this forum because I've been reading a lot of all the hustling you do and the goals that you achieve every day and I hope that I can do it too. Also, I want to improve my english, so is a nice exercise force me to write something every day.

SMH, Bekit, MJ DeMarco and 4 others like this.
  2. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,728
    Welcome aboard!

As a computer engineer, you already have valuable skills. One thing I've seen developers struggle with is being too general: they can help anyone with anything, and consequently have a hard time getting clients/projects.

What you might consider is focusing on a very specific niche, and finding problems you can solve within that niche. For example: medical billing companies, commercial construction companies, property management companies, etc. Pick 1 niche, find people in it, talk to them, and start helping them.

Problems are all around, and they're all opportunities.

You can do this.

Tidder Jail likes this.
  3. Bigyan Ghimire

Bigyan Ghimire New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    A fellow computer engineer here. Welcome!

4. Martin.G

Rep Bank:
    $63
    Thank guys

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  5. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,756
    Welcome to the forum Martin ! Make sure to read the GOLD and NOTABLE threads scattering in every section of the forum.

As an IT Tech and a web developer, I know the feeling of being able to do pretty much anything in the field, but disliking pretty much anything I start related to those fields. Have you tried looking at a more passive role/position ? Like Software Architect, Analyst, etc. Those titles let you take short contracts with customers.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  6. Martin.G

Rep Bank:
    $63
    Thanks Jeff.
    The truth is I don't enjoy software development anymore. Also, if I work as a arquitecto or analyst, I have to trade hours by money. I could earn good money but I am still limited by 24 hours a day. Thats because I started a blog a year before where I'm working in get organic traffic with SEO to then sell a course, ebook or product that I am going to create.

7. Schwarz

Schwarz Half Man ; Half Goat Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $394
    Welcome, Computer Engineer definitely is an advantage. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Martin.G likes this.
  8. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,358
    Welcome aboard Martin. Glad that you're already in motion and taking some action. I look forward to your success.

Martin.G likes this.
  9. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,621
    Admin Post
    Welcome aboard!

Martin.G likes this.
  10. SeanC

SeanC New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $41
    Software engineer here too in the same boat as you. In Argentina too actually. Stopped enjoying software development so understanding where you're coming from, left the USA, traveling till I figure out my fastlane.

Here's an idea. Any SaaS you could startup?

Use your skills - I know, it's no fun - but build a prototype. Really, shouldn't take more than weeks to a month to have a viable prototype you could sign people up on. Outsource dev as soon as possible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Martin.G likes this.
  11. ygtrhos

ygtrhos Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $516
    Fellow engineer here, similar story, but not from IT. I am a mechanical engineer. Welcome to the forum!

Martin.G likes this.
  12. Martin.G

Rep Bank:
    $63
    I'm working in something right now, but I don't reject any idea. Maybe is this venture fail or I want to expand to another business I'll try something like that. Now, I want to focus in a niche that I know a I can give value because I've been working and study for a year.

13. srazaq

srazaq New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Warm welcome from a fellow software engineer here.

Martin.G likes this.
  14. GoldMan79

GoldMan79 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $37
    Hey man, I'm a CS engineer too. Try this browser extension "Grammarly" it will help you improve your English writing.

Martin.G likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.