The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you kidding yourself? Do you really want to grow your business?

D

Deleted5250X

@biophase Out of interest what did you imagine the brainstorming process to look like.

Do you think it only takes a few days to come up with an idea and execute.

Perhaps I am stuck in Analysis Paralysis.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@biophase Out of interest what did you imagine the brainstorming process to look like.

Do you think it only takes a few days to come up with an idea and execute.

Perhaps I am stuck in Analysis Paralysis.

Nothing structured really. But it's really about having the minds to ask the right questions. So if someone said I want to sell supplements on Amazon, others would begin asking questions.

Why?
Why is your product different?
How would you market it?
How are you positioning your brand?

And the person would answer, and we would add on to the answer.

For example, I was brainstorming my bees idea and we were just bouncing scenarios and ideas off of each other. Alot of time, or most of the times the ideas led to nowhere because they was a hole or bad assumption. Asking questions leads to alot of thinking.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
But here's my main issue with the 14 days. I'm a very single goal oriented person, so if I'm going somewhere to accomplish one goal, that's all that I do during that time. We had set a goal of coming up with a new business for each person during that 14 days. So I would have been 100% concentrating on that goal. Let your current business suffer a little bit during that time, and do what you came to do. Just think of where they would be today if they had accomplished that goal in June!
This has been a very thought-provoking thread, @biophase - thanks for posting. Contributors on this forum impact people like me, even if I'm not at your house. Boy, though, they sure squandered a great opportunity.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Your efforts might have been wasted on your invitees, but I'm sure they haven't been wasted on many people here on the forum. Your post motivated me to keep challenging myself in my business, particularly this part:

I write this as a rant towards them, but I'm also asking you to think about your actions. Do they match what you say?

I wanted to grow my business, but I was worrying a little bit too much about not pushing myself too hard. I realized that until I actually push myself harder I won't know where my limits are, so recently I've been working harder than in a long time and it feels good to match my actions with my words.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
People love to feel like they are taking meaningful action when they really aren't.

I've had people sign up for my (costly) monthly coaching/mastermind program and then implement exactly NONE of the advice I or others give them. Crazy thing is, they then come back and try to sign up for a second month. Why waste the money if you wont do any of the work? I usually turn them down so I have room to coach someone who will actually put in the effort.

Remindes me of the old fable of leading a horse to water...

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
People love to feel like they are taking meaningful action when they really aren't.

I've had people sign up for my (costly) monthly coaching/mastermind program and then implement exactly NONE of the advice I or others give them. Crazy thing is, they then come back and try to sign up for a second month. Why waste the money if you wont do any of the work? I usually turn them down so I have room to coach someone who will actually put in the effort.

Remindes me of the old fable of leading a horse to water...
Your post presents yet another example of such behavior that I referred to in my earlier post. It certainly seems insane for someone expressing a desire to learn so that they can operate a profitable business, paying for that education, and ignoring it or doing nothing.

Reminds me of the saying: "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

Walter

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Worthy of a bump.

Relevant article about strategizing.
Thanks for posting.

“If I had an hour to solve a problem, I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
— Albert Einstein

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It's 2020 and I've been here at my summer home for 2 months now. Time to update this thread. I didn't run any type of 14 day mastermind this year. In fact, last year's results kind of soured me on the whole thing. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not staying still. I've got a new business moving along that I started in March.

I've had many fastlane visitors come and go. In fact @SteveO just left here an hour ago. This year @JasonR and a couple others are staying with me. Jason's been here the entire two months and honestly, he works alot harder than me. I can tell that he really wants it and is going all in on his business. I'm probably putting in 2-3 hours of work a day and playing the rest of the time. He's in front of his computer and on the phone all day.

I have competition now, as he's surpassed me in sales last month. I used to be the king of my castle! But seriously, having competition is always a good thing, this summer home of fastlaners is now cumulatively pumping out about $1.2M in sales a month.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
It's 2020 and I've been here at my summer home for 2 months now. Time to update this thread. I didn't run any type of 14 day mastermind this year. In fact, last year's results kind of soured me on the whole thing. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not staying still. I've got a new business moving along that I started in March.

I've had many fastlane visitors come and go. In fact @SteveO just left here an hour ago. This year @JasonR and a couple others are staying with me. Jason's been here the entire two months and honestly, he works alot harder than me. I can tell that he really wants it and is going all in on his business. I'm probably putting in 2-3 hours of work a day and playing the rest of the time. He's in front of his computer and on the phone all day.

I have competition now, as he's surpassed me in sales last month. I used to be the king of my castle! But seriously, having competition is always a good thing, this summer home of fastlaners is now cumulatively pumping out about $1.2M in sales a month.
Damn that sounds amazing. Sounds like a great place once you have a business you want to work on. I'd fly there ASAP if I knew what I wanted to do. Just being in a house like that would be so energizing.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
This thread is amazing. Bump

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Time for a refresher. A reminder to spend time working on your business and not just in your business.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Amazing post @biophase as always. The easy thing for me to do would be to judge your guests harshly. But again, the reason I myself am not where I should be is my lack of perseverance in the past. So it is time to get after it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.