The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone selling static sites for $10K+?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

LaneMan

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 4, 2020
Mauritius
Maybe a stupid idea but why don't you just team up with somebody from a foreign country. You have the local knowledge and know who does pay a lot and when you find somebody from a country which has a good reputation you should be able to charge 10k-20k easily. A friend of mine did the same thing, he (from Switzerland) and his partner from India worked together in the different niche but it worked out perfectly. The company was based in Switzerland and they had somebody local to build trust with the costumers.

Think that's the best thing to do. Hope I could help a little.

That's a pretty good idea and I thought about this before.

I wanted to incorporate my company in a developed country in order to get clients worldwide and also target some of the richer companies in my own country because they seem to only trust foreigners.

I supposed it's easier said that done though and I might need a decent amount of capital to get started.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I supposed it's easier said that done though and I might need a decent amount of capital to get started.

Think if you're two or three people and everybody brings 1-5k USD it should be a problem. What do you need a decent amount of capital for? Website and that's more or less it, or am I missing something?

If you were interested I may have some connection to people living in Switzerland, Germany or Austria, who might be interested to start something with you.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
You're thinking how you can sell X so you can make $X. Nobody cares.

Never start from 'I want to sell X'.
Start from 'I want to help X business solve Y problem '.

Know your market. Product/Service comes later.

PeterBoss

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 17, 2020
London
You're thinking how you can sell X so you can make $X. Nobody cares.

Never start from 'I want to sell X'.
Start from 'I want to help X business solve Y problem '.

Know your market. Product/Service comes later.

+1
My guess is that in general we (as a society) tend to thing a bit too much about ourselves and the 'me me me' framework. It's also the predominant way entrepreneurship is portrayed in the media ('x entrepreneur was successful because he sold/built Y', instead of 'is solving this and that problem').

I've struggled a lot with this and it's quite the mind shift.

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
charging more is about picking the right market and then seeing how high you can go

- revenue (more than 3-5 million in revenue implies budget)
- an industry that is willing to pay (i wasted a lot of time trying to sell to construction companies)

test your outreach, and then move on based on data

LaneMan

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 4, 2020
Mauritius
You guys were right. By charging very little money, I ended up with really bad clients who want more and more stuff for free.

Not only did I build them websites for pretty much free but now they think that I should be managing their google and facebook ads, do their seo, write content for them, upload photos, and manage their reviews on GMB because they overpaid for the $100 website.

I think if they don't leave on their own, I will fire them myself.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Maybe a stupid idea but why don't you just team up with somebody from a foreign country. You have the local knowledge and know who does pay a lot and when you find somebody from a country which has a good reputation you should be able to charge 10k-20k easily. A friend of mine did the same thing, he (from Switzerland) and his partner from India worked together in the different niche but it worked out perfectly. The company was based in Switzerland and they had somebody local to build trust with the costumers.

Think that's the best thing to do. Hope I could help a little.
I am looking for something like this, but the main question here is how do I find the person from foreign country(I am from India).

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I am looking for something like this, but the main question here is how do I find the person from foreign country(I am from India).
Would say the best the way is to network and try to get to know somebody how knows someone. Otherwise just try to help other people, by helping others you often find yourself new connections and new friends. And it’s great for karma. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.