The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone learning something useful in quarantine?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
My routine is pretty solid after three plus weeks of this quarantining.

- Read a LOT more than I usually do everyday
- 75HARD Challenge which includes a walk in the morning and evening home workout. I have also had to get creative and start learning how to make basic meals for myself as usually I eat out (healthy restaurants) but 99% of them are closed.
- Cyber Security course by ProfessorMesser which is related to a career I want to get into. My rate of study had been very slow for a massive course & exam that needs 80%+ to pass. I'm studying a lot more now. My Real Estate business/investing is going well but I could do it alongside a 9-5 so why not. It will benefit me in terms of using career money for personal spending and allow me to reinvest business cash 100%. Also helpful with financing purchases. I have 2 year Advanced Certificate in Software Development so this was already in the same field I had studied previously in college.

You realize you can start a business in this too right? Companies need consultants, auditors, MSPs, VARs etc... all biz opportunities :)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I am learning how to delegate instead of working beyond my capacity. :D

I also hope to soon have a better documented system for my business instead of simply winging it. This will also make future delegation a little easier.

Yesssss! The way to enlightenment!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I am learning how to delegate instead of working beyond my capacity. :D

I also hope to soon have a better documented system for my business instead of simply winging it. This will also make future delegation a little easier.

If you are delegating tasks done at a computer, look into Loom (TY @Andy Black for the suggestion).

It lets you records your screen and microphone simultaneously so that you can do a task on your computer and explain what you're doing. The videos get stored on their server, and you can share them with a URL. Very useful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Yesssss! The way to enlightenment!

It honestly does feel like a weight has been lifted off.

If you are delegating tasks done at a computer, look into Loom (TY @Andy Black for the suggestion).

It lets you records your screen and microphone simultaneously so that you can do a task on your computer and explain what you're doing. The videos get stored on their server, and you can share them with a URL. Very useful.

Indeed, I already have loom installed. Haven't really had much use for it until now though. :thumbsup:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
What are you using to learn it?
Got the 10 week course.
Also using the phone app as it has a really useful guided breathing function that records your retention times.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
Not doing coarses per se.

But me and Rosetta Stone are getting to know each other well. Japanese isn't going to learn itself.

That and finishing up my game in the making.

Great opportunity to do stuff I wanted to do, but couldn't due to lack of time.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
You realize you can start a business in this too right? Companies need consultants, auditors, MSPs, VARs etc... all biz opportunities :)

Cyber-security is a massive opportunity, especially if you have the chops and can build systems around analyzing and addressing security issues in an effective way (along with the sales channels to get it into the hands of the right people).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm learning how idiotic and woefully unequipped for dealing with crises politicians (so-called "leaders" ha) across the world are (because why prevent a crisis if you can do nothing and then show off with all the serious measures you're taking when it's too late?).

Oh, wait, I already knew that... And it's not that useful if everyone knows that already, too...

Sorry if it's too political, just couldn't resist. I guess we can extend the lesson to a general observation that as skilled as certain people are at projecting an aura of confidence, usually they have no idea whatsoever what they're doing (and then everyone else has to pay for it).

The quarantine is definitely bringing out my inner infuriated non-conformist, that's for sure.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I'm working through the "Complete Digital Marketing" course on Udemy. With no prior experience or knowledge in that area, I've already learned a ton.

Started building a website three days ago. I had no experience at all with website development either but after a three-day long conversation with @Andy Black messaging on the forum, I just decided to do it. I'm almost done with the site and I've learned that I definitely learn best by doing.

If theres anything else I've learned in the quarantine so far, it's 1) the natural skills I have that I can use to bring value to the marketplace 2) that I don't need to be an expert to help someone and go into business 3) the reality of how elusive my scripted mindset is and 4) starting before I’m ready... that all the writing, listing, planning, and brainstorming I do is pretty useless... its all just dreaming that keeps me asleep to the critical path. I've gotten a much better grasp of what @MJ DeMarco talks about in regards to execution. This quarantine has ironically been extremely productive for me just in two weeks.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Today I learned both my companies fall into the "critical infrastructure" list. One because of distance learning, the other because it supports remote work and other critical infrastructure businesses. Guess I can go out all I want, even though Florida is locked down tight! La la la la la!

(Actually stays in house)

Also, the list of "critical businesses" is pretty long and open to interpretation, if you really start reading it.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe
In case you want to reach enlightenment through technology (programming or sysadmin) Pluralsight is offering a whole free month of all their 7000 courses.

Liandra

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 12, 2019
Ooo neat. Gonna make a game?
Yes, I used to write mobile games 6 years ago but now my full time job is Lead Software Engineer (Android) and I try to get up to speed with game dev again and write games too again after work.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Learned there is a Freelancers Union, Insurance, and Relief Fund.:thumbsup:
Can Donate or Apply.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
In addition to the finance/bio course, I've started brushing up on some cyber security / hacking stuff. This is useful to my SaaS endeavor anyway. Tried Pluralsite which has some decent material on the subject, but I'm loving Cybrary so far... very up to date, and the video format is more engaging than most. So if anyone's looking for ethical hacking, pen testing, information security, etc., check those two places at least.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Been seeing alot of arms folded across chest gestures past 3.5 years thought I would look it up. This article kept my attention for longer than 6 secs.

ARMAT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Feb 11, 2019
As it is already obvious that online businesses gonna be more popular in the future bcz of Covid 19 and new global economic changes, I am continuously honing my Digital marketing skills;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.