The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone learning something useful in quarantine?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
My 11 year old son and I are learning to program. We've signed up for an EdX introductory course.

Yay! This is the very best way to program!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I’m learning how crap Google Shopping and Dynamic Search Ads can be (the search terms are awful).

I’m dipping in and out of the Audible version of “Never Split The Difference”, and a Udemy course on “How To Start A Profitable Video Marketing Agency”.
Which course is that Andy? Is it any good?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Which course is that Andy? Is it any good?
I’ve not finished it as I find watching tutorials excruciating, but it’s pretty good so far.

Bear in mind I don’t just watch tutorials for the content, but also to see how they create tutorials.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
I'm using quarantine to put some low key coding ability I had in to practice to make websites. I made one for my recruitment agency, now I'm using this time to see if I can take web design to new levels whilst my recruitment agency works in the background.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
I like to enroll in 5 with the plan to keep 1-2. When I get to the point in one of them where I think "this is terrible! Useless!" then I abondon that one. One or two will likely be good choices.

Just dive in :playful:

I hear Soda Pop's laugh every time I see your picture haha. Thanks for the reply.

HollyD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 13, 2020
UK
I am trying to learn how to meditate as it helps you go within and to not be distracted by the world outside which is useful right now.
It's hard though to begin with but like anything with practice it gets easier.
Check out Mooji Meditation on Youtube to get you started!

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
I am trying to learn how to meditate as it helps you go within and to not be distracted by the world outside which is useful right now.
It's hard though to begin with but like anything with practice it gets easier.
Check out Mooji Meditation on Youtube to get you started!

I've been doing meditation mindfulness for a while now. Keep going and you'll feel the benefits in a few weeks. The Calm app has a good 21 day series on introducing one to it which I recommend.

HollyD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 13, 2020
UK
I've been doing meditation mindfulness for a while now. Keep going and you'll feel the benefits in a few weeks. The Calm app has a good 21 day series on introducing one to it which I recommend.
Oh thank you soo much for this I will check it out!!

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Oh thank you soo much for this I will check it out!!
Just a heads up though, it can be a bit expensive, I think it's £75 for the year. If that's too much be sure to cancel before the trial ends or you get automatically billed... That happened to me, so I used it to get my money's worth and have zero regrets.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
All that restless energy is begging for an outlet. If you're already doing as much as you can/should/need-to do in a day for your business, how about courses? Or learning a new skill? There are lots of free courses on EdX. I'm interested in more sophisticated financing, and biotech, so I'm doing this one at the moment:

Daughter is taking a critical thinking course after she finishes her school stuff. Also on EdX.

Well, have fun out there.
It's great that your daughter's taking a critical thinking course. It should be required of every young person.

I have a long list of courses in my queue - too many to list - but I am currently starting one of @Lex DeVille 's courses. I'm also reading a very good book, The Price of Tomorrow. I highly recommend it to anyone who ponders the current state and future of our economy, governing structure, etc.

HollyD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Just a heads up though, it can be a bit expensive, I think it's £75 for the year. If that's too much be sure to cancel before the trial ends or you get automatically billed... That happened to me, so I used it to get my money's worth and have zero regrets.
Ok like Headspace then I think. I usually use Youtube just because its free but I will still check it out thanks!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I spend most of my day learning as it is :rofl:

I did figure out how to write opera music recently though, that was cool.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
The quarantine is a perfect time to study ALL of Andy Black's AdWords content. Some serious GAME in those posts. I'm blown away by the amount of wisdom he's gifted us with... AND ITS MOSTLY ON THE OUTSIDE!!! It took me no joke like 3 days to really soak it all up and begin applying it.

@Andy Black for President :praise:

hellorockythecat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 1, 2020
West covina, Ca
All that restless energy is begging for an outlet. If you're already doing as much as you can/should/need-to do in a day for your business, how about courses? Or learning a new skill? There are lots of free courses on EdX. I'm interested in more sophisticated financing, and biotech, so I'm doing this one at the moment:

Daughter is taking a critical thinking course after she finishes her school stuff. Also on EdX.

Well, have fun out there.
Huge development in my culinary skill! I also learn how to make reusable masks in various styles!

WindsorWolves

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 16, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I'm learning how to take my passion (coaching and consulting) online, to help veteran entrepreneurs and professionals connect with their passions. A number of my colleagues pertaining to my other business are terribly frustrated with their worlds. Just looking to help people connect into their real calling. It is far more satisfying then i can even put words to

violinista

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Apr 14, 2020
USA
Millionaire Fastlane ! Seriously though, the action inspired by that book is opening up my mind to learn so much more than I would have ever thought to, and my freelance game already stepping up. And to think I found it by chance. I reread the Miracle Morning book and I saw MJ's review in the book... for some reason I felt compelled to look him up and BOOM. Here I am, a week later, with extra earnings/value added to people's lives. :D

RobertKV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 16, 2020
I am learning everything I can about the Lean Startup mindset and methodology, and apply immediately to a couple of new business ideas. Also started to learn VBA programing.

tpf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 8, 2016
UK (Lesta) & 日本
My 3 year old is learning to ride his trike. His legs are now long enough to reach the pedals, so he's working on steering and pedaling at the same time. It's actually a good time to learn as there's a lot less people out and about.

BOUM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 4, 2017
North America
Reading, more than usual. One book made me think a lot, The Shallows: What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains. Great reflection about how technology affects our thought process. It's interesting as it covers technology from the past centuries as well. Highly recommended, though I must warn, the way it is written (almost like an academic paper) might not suit people looking for an easy read.

Learned how to do basic mechanic maintenance (mainly on motorbike) to save money from the repair shot.

Cooked a lot, like a few here. It's funny how these times made a lot of people start manual/essential activities.

Quitted caffeine and tobacco!

And also came back to this forum, after an interruption. I feel like the vibe has somewhat changed (evolved?), but it is still as good as my last visit!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And just realized I had two additional income streams I had failed to turn on.
Wait, what?

You can’t leave us hanging like that!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And also came back to this forum, after an interruption. I feel like the vibe has somewhat changed (evolved?), but it is still as good as my last visit!
Interesting. Curious what your observations are.

(Welcome back btw.)

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I've been using @Lex DeVille 's courses since the outbreak started and just finished writing my Upwork bio and optimizing it SEO-wise. I'm scrambling to build a portfolio (product photography) but it isn't working out very well. However, I am solving each problem as it comes up or learn something as needed. I have faith in myself.

I'm also learning Italian! I can do small talk now, but I have a very heavy American accent that drives my sister who is fluent insane but I'm happy with my progress!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.