The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone learning something useful in quarantine?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
All that restless energy is begging for an outlet. If you're already doing as much as you can/should/need-to do in a day for your business, how about courses? Or learning a new skill? There are lots of free courses on EdX. I'm interested in more sophisticated financing, and biotech, so I'm doing this one at the moment:

Daughter is taking a critical thinking course after she finishes her school stuff. Also on EdX.

Well, have fun out there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
All that restless energy is begging for an outlet. If you're already doing as much as you can/should/need-to do in a day for your business, how about courses? There are lots of free ones on EdX. I'm interested in more sophisticated financing, and biotech, so I'm doing this one at the moment:

Daughter is taking a critical thinking course after she finishes her school stuff. Also on EdX.

I am taking @Fox Mindset course. And a course of antibiotics lol.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I am taking @Fox Mindset course. And a course of antibiotics lol.

I see... so you really are one of the Marx brothers.

And where are you taking the course of antibiotics? Have you gotten it there yet? What's takin' ya so long to get it there, anyway?

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I see... so you really are one of the Marx brothers.

And where are you taking the course of antibiotics? Have you gotten it there yet? What's takin' ya so long to get it there, anyway?
Jeez I'm glad someone recognizes the Marx brothers still. I'm proclaiming the Sanity Clause. What, you mean Sanity Clause doesn't exist. The only Marx worth listening to in my book lol. Edit by pedantic side of me. There is no Sanity Clause.

Last edited:

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
All that restless energy is begging for an outlet. If you're already doing as much as you can/should/need-to do in a day for your business, how about courses? There are lots of free ones on EdX. I'm interested in more sophisticated financing, and biotech, so I'm doing this one at the moment:

Not taking any courses, but spending time learning how to use the various services included in Firebase

So... self-guided learning. :smile:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Not taking any courses, but spending time learning how to use the various services included in Firebase

So... self-guided learning. :smile:

Cool! Maybe my title should have been "Who's learning something useful"... that sounds like a great idea :)

- Edit - Changed the thread title. Yay!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m tryna figure out which niche to focus on for freelance writing so I can learn all about that and be badass. I need to comment on Lex’s thread and officially thank him but I’m refusing to do it until I get to $500 earned. I’m almost there. I started the account like three weeks ago I think. I need a niche. The goal is to be a great business or Christian or dating or pedagogy writer that actually makes a ton of money. There was a guy on this forum who essentially did Lex’s Upwork thing w/ a focus on finance but for the life of me I can’t find his thread again. Basically I’m learning an entirely new career.

Anyways.. I’m in the middle stage of not narrowing down my focus yet and it’s slightly.. perplexing.

Meanwhile.. I’m learning touch typing, Welsh, and Tai Chi. I tried to find a free program for learning Jiu jitsu the other day but couldn’t find a good one without having to pay.

I’m ridiculously relaxed, safe, with a huge backyard.. tons of food, access to 400 acres of forest about half a mile away and my kids are hugging family members every night around the kitchen table after spending their day actually studying stuff they like.

This pandemic is really workin for me right now. Lol.

This week I’m gonna learn how to make marshmallows from scratch.

Last edited:

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
I have enrolled in 5 courses both in edx and coursera (mostly on writing and learning English), thanks to @BizyDad for his thread.

That's awesome. Is she taking this one??

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
This pandemic is really workin for me right now. Lol.

This week I’m gonna learn how to make marshmallows from scratch.
Right? I'm loving it

And I'm doing some Machine Learning courses @Rabby

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
All that restless energy is begging for an outlet. If you're already doing as much as you can/should/need-to do in a day for your business, how about courses? Or learning a new skill? There are lots of free courses on EdX. I'm interested in more sophisticated financing, and biotech, so I'm doing this one at the moment:

Good thinking mate!

I've already doubled down on courses and doubling my output with it.

I'm busier now than when I had a job!

Alot of irons are in the fire.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas

I'm learning to sew. So I can donate masks.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
With my business 100% stopped due to C0VlD-19, I'm trying not to lose my time on top of it and learning how to code in JavaScript. Hopefully I'll soon be able to build a prototype for a web based service idea I have in mind. We'll see if it ends up being helpful, but at the very least it's much better than doing nothing!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m learning how crap Google Shopping and Dynamic Search Ads can be (the search terms are awful).

I’m dipping in and out of the Audible version of “Never Split The Difference”, and a Udemy course on “How To Start A Profitable Video Marketing Agency”.

Travel Base

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 19, 2020
europe
So interesting to see what everybody else is doing!
I'm always learning something, but right now I'm taking a few online courses on Social/Environmental Entrepreneurship, plus learning 3D stuff (Blender mainly).
Funnily enough, I had started learning Korean a couple of months ago, but decided to kinda put it on the back burner for these couple of months to focus on more "work" related learning.

I wish I had time to take a couple of courses in literature and history, but I don't want to spread my mental focus too thin right now. I'm still reading every day anyway, so I get my usual dose of "culture" and biz skills that way too.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
  • The Wim Hof Method
  • Vietnamese
  • Gardening
Not stuck inside completely (yet) so I still go for walks.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Observing great case studies from a marketing perspective on Social Media Successes and Fails.

For example one day you post a beautiful image of your 500 +Million Yacht in a beautiful sunset on the seas and a quote about the sacrifices of Isolation..next day you deleted your account. :)

Also learned never get rid of your Pandemic Agency when you may need one.

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I`ve been looking into Audible books around marketing and sales.
Finished Cashvertising and Never Split the Difference.

Most of the time I`m working though.
Trying to get ahead of the tasks before the next sprint ends (building a SaaS).
If all goes as planned we`ll be out of beta by july.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I'm trying to make the most of my time inside. When it's over I'll come out as a better person. Here's what I focus on every single day:
  • Starting and growing my webdesign biz, doing the Fox Webschool program at the moment.
  • Wim Hof method
  • Yoga
  • Language learning

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Trying one of the freebee pre-upsell courses. This one claims to be for Kingdom Entrepreneurs. Not too bad as I like all the scripture being mixed in. The 4:14 Challenge

I think today is upsell day!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm taking a Udemy course on Accounting. My Wife loves acc. and is really good. I don't like it and it reflects as I pretty much suck at it.....for now.

Books (I'm always reading): The Urban Monk, The Art of Captivating Conversation, Audio book: Quantum Memory.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
My routine is pretty solid after three plus weeks of this quarantining.

- Read a LOT more than I usually do everyday
- 75HARD Challenge which includes a walk in the morning and evening home workout. I have also had to get creative and start learning how to make basic meals for myself as usually I eat out (healthy restaurants) but 99% of them are closed.
- Cyber Security course by ProfessorMesser which is related to a career I want to get into. My rate of study had been very slow for a massive course & exam that needs 80%+ to pass. I'm studying a lot more now. My Real Estate business/investing is going well but I could do it alongside a 9-5 so why not. It will benefit me in terms of using career money for personal spending and allow me to reinvest business cash 100%. Also helpful with financing purchases. I have 2 year Advanced Certificate in Software Development so this was already in the same field I had studied previously in college.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
I am learning how to delegate instead of working beyond my capacity. :D

I also hope to soon have a better documented system for my business instead of simply winging it. This will also make future delegation a little easier.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.