The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone have success trading Penny Stocks?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Daniel Newton

New Contributor
Jun 12, 2017
florida
Many many people do. The advantage with penny stocks is that the market for them is very inefficient leading to sometimes vast discrepancies between value and price. You will never buy Apple at 1/4th its value but this does happen with penny stocks.

That said it is important to understand that the majority of these companies are trash with little or no revenue , a gazillion outstanding shares, and balance sheets that would make a 2007 subprime lender hesitate. If you are asking this question I assume you are considering buying penny stocks. My advice would be don't until you are quite sure you know what you are doing. If you are really getting down to literally the penny and sub penny range it is extremely rare to find a solid legitimate investment. There are quite a few legitimate companies trading in the .50-5.00 range and those are also considered penny stocks.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Many people do what? I hope you mean lose money in penny stocks and not make money in penny stocks. The problem saying that there is value in a penny stock is the fact that these are trading vehicles, not invest-able companies. They are not legitimate companies and the ones that are soon realize their only way to stay in business wit no revenues or profits, is to beef up their PR campaigns so that they can do stock offerings and issue worthless stock to unsuspecting suckers as much as possible.

Many many people do. The advantage with penny stocks is that the market for them is very inefficient leading to sometimes vast discrepancies between value and price. You will never buy Apple at 1/4th its value but this does happen with penny stocks.

That said it is important to understand that the majority of these companies are trash with little or no revenue , a gazillion outstanding shares, and balance sheets that would make a 2007 subprime lender hesitate. If you are asking this question I assume you are considering buying penny stocks. My advice would be don't until you are quite sure you know what you are doing. If you are really getting down to literally the penny and sub penny range it is extremely rare to find a solid legitimate investment. There are quite a few legitimate companies trading in the .50-5.00 range and those are also considered penny stocks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Curtis Randolph

Determined Problem Solver
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Sep 25, 2016
Reno, NV
Many people do what? I hope you mean lose money in penny stocks and not make money in penny stocks. The problem saying that there is value in a penny stock is the fact that these are trading vehicles, not invest-able companies. They are not legitimate companies and the ones that are soon realize their only way to stay in business wit no revenues or profits, is to beef up their PR campaigns so that they can do stock offerings and issue worthless stock to unsuspecting suckers as much as possible.
Sent you a PM a minute ago... ;-)

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Cryptocurrencies are the new penny stocks and are exploitable.

If you have an edge that exists in the penny stock market you should exploit it and make $ like Tim Sykes did.

But if you think your going to look at a chart, click a few buttons and make big $ money consistently trading thats beyond insane.

I can't recall one big whale trader who trades penny stocks for obvious reasons, there a lot of better markets out there than penny stocks.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I successfully

lost my a$$ on a penny stock.

Pump and dump.

Reverse split.

My $1,000 turned into like $12 within 24 hours of a planned pump, dump, reverse split.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
G

Guest3722A

Picked up some ATRA at market open for a trader. Watching it like a hawk, but it looks solid so far. And, for some folks at this forum, VIPS looks interesting.

go giver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
May 18, 2018
tim Sykes is a well-known penny stocks trader. his net worth is estimated to be around 20m
he also teaches people about trading penny stocks and has some videos on youtube about trading and short selling.

he also has a book written on trading and his story of becoming a millionaire"an American hedge fund "

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
tim Sykes is a well-known penny stocks trader. his net worth is estimated to be around 20m
he also teaches people about trading penny stocks and has some videos on youtube about trading and short selling.

he also has a book written on trading and his story of becoming a millionaire"an American hedge fund "
You and everyone else should read the beginning parts of this thread. ;)

And then there'd be at least one less mug in the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.