The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Anyone good with Analogies?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MonTexan

Bronze Contributor
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
It seems that some people are especially gifted in the analogy department. I'm not one of them. One guy I know practically throws a funny analogy into every other sentence...if you're like that, I'd love some input!

I am currently working on securing a client for my marketing consulting gig. The guy is big into physical fitness...all shredded up as is his wife. I'd like to come up with a clever analogy between marketing and fitness to use as a "hook" in a direct mail piece I intend to send him. Here's where I'm stuck:

Marketing is like physical fitness....
Great marketing is like a great workout....
Building a business is like building your body....
etc...

Any of you clever Fastlaners care to finish these sentences for me?? Thanks for your input!

:yourock:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
It seems that some people are especially gifted in the analogy department. I'm not one of them. One guy I know practically throws a funny analogy into every other sentence...if you're like that, I'd love some input!

I am currently working on securing a client for my marketing consulting gig. The guy is big into physical fitness...all shredded up as is his wife. I'd like to come up with a clever analogy between marketing and fitness to use as a "hook" in a direct mail piece I intend to send him. Here's where I'm stuck:

Marketing is like physical fitness....
Great marketing is like a great workout....
Building a business is like building your body....
etc...

Any of you clever Fastlaners care to finish these sentences for me?? Thanks for your input!

:yourock:
Great marketing is like great nutrition in fitness. If you're working out all the time but not eating right, you can only get so big. Same with your business. If you have a great product, but not enough people know about it, you're stunting the growth of your company.

Feed your business with the nutrition it needs: Montexan Marketing

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Marketing is like working out. A lot of people do it, but not a lot of people do it right. It doesn't matter how long your workout is- if you're not doing it right you're not going to get the results you want. Marketing for your business is the same thing. All businesses do marketing, but most businesses don't do very well with their marketing, and their results show. If you want great results for your business, you need a great marketing plan.

Montexan Marketing: steroids for your business

pg version:

Montexan Marketing: Muscle Milk for your business

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
1. Marketing is like working out; it takes more than one approach to get the desired results. We know how to make you look good. If nothing else, we'll use an airbrush.

2. Bad marketing is like a bad tan. You don't want that kind of attention.
We'll make you look good.

3. Great marketing is like a great workout. It leaves you sweaty and out of breath, but looking like a million bucks. (least favorite)

4. Great marketing is like a great workout. If you put in the hard work when they're not looking, they'll never forget you when they do. (favorite so far)

more later...

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
all shredded up as is his wife. I'd like to come up with a clever analogy between marketing and fitness to use as a "hook" in a direct mail piece I intend to send him. Here's where I'm stuck:
Don't just send him a letter.

Send him a big a$$ weight plate with your logo on it.

You can even throw a message on there:

"When your business is ready for a spot, let me know"
-Montexan Marketing

OP
OP
MonTexan

MonTexan

Bronze Contributor
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
If nothing else, we'll use an airbrush.
Ha! I like the airbrush part buddy.

Send him a big a$$ weight plate with your logo on it.
Awesome idea. Of course it is, coming from the guy who got some air time on Fox News!

I plan to send him some sort of "lumpy mailer" up front with my letter and some of my research....screen shots of his organic listing on Page 10 of big G, adwords analysis etc. Want to point out his pain - wasting money on ineffective marketing - and tell him how I can help.

If that doesn't generate a response, he's getting a 45! (weight plate that is)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Marketing is like a work out for your business.

It doesn't matter how smart, or how funny your business is.

Everything works together when you're in shape

If it's not in shape, everything suffers.

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Bad marketing is like a bad body -- nobody looks at it and nobody wants it.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
It's definitely possible, although it may not be feasible right away. I'm from the U.S. but have...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Amazing book! Actually I bought it, before I joined the forum and it motivated me to join...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock