The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone else notice that McDonalds is making a *killing* lately?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I don’t know if it has to do with the new machines they started putting in:

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 12.51.15 PM.png

Or the other changes they made, but holy shit. I pass this place at 1AM and there are lines around the block.

I mean don’t get me wrong. I hate McDonalds as much as the next guy. Especially as a health nut. But that’s actually one of the funnier points. Everyone hates McDonalds. Yet despite the amount of hate they get, they’re still out there like:

522988446-1024x1024.jpg

And especially lately? In the city I live, there are 5 McDonalds’ within a few mile radium. Every one of them is constantly packed. At all hours of the day and night.

Burger King? Ghost Town.
Taco Bell? Not even the ghosts go there lol
Dunkin Donuts? They get a little action, but nothing like McDonalds

The lines at Burger King are the equivalent of Tai Lopez’s intellectual credibility. In other words, they’re totally nonexistent. McDonalds? Those shitty rubber burgers are selling like hotcakes.

What’s going on here? What do you guys think they’re doing right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
Not everyone hates McDonald's. I actually think the food there is good, especially for the price. I can't think of another restaurant where I can go into in any city on the planet and come out with a burger that tastes the exact same. That's incredibly hard to do, practically impossible. A lot of people just want to hate McDonald's because it makes them feel superior.

It's the same with Budweiser. Most people have ZERO idea how hard it is to make a consistent taste with local ingredients. Water in Ohio tastes different to water in London which is different to the water in Delhi, yet Budweiser tastes the same everywhere, the same as McDonald's.

It's a great product, even if you don't like it. The taste is honestly good. People who disagree are either going in with pre-conceived notions or they are accustomed to buying better quality food. If there was a better product out there at the same price, it would get more attention (not necessarily win), but there isn't.

It's not just the burgers either, the drinks they sell are delicious. In Canada they took over the old Tim Hortons contract AFAIK. So their coffee is the old Tim's coffee, which most people prefer to their new one. As a result a huge amount of people have swapped from Tim's to McDonald's coffee and then for convenience, they get their breakfast there too etc etc.

When I travel to NYC or LA or Paris, I consistently eat McDonald's at least once. It's convenient, fast, tastes good and I know precisely what I'm going to get.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
It's a great product, even if you don't like it. The taste is honestly good.
disagree mate.

the product is not good, it is just CONVENIENT: people have gotten lazy and thus suffer for it. Watch super size me. There are chemicals in mcdonalds food that triggers your senses to make it feel like you think it tastes good but in all reality it is utter shit. Just like most of the USAs food supply. Utter dogcrap. And rightfully so since Mcdonalds has ruined modern agriculture and destroyed the plight of the once noble, and lucrative american farming industry. Mcdonalds is utter dog shit and is a far cry to what Ray Kroc once dreamt of this to be. I strongly believe that him, sam walton and dave thomas etc did not anticipate the types of cruetly and inhumane business practices that these corporations make in the name of Convenience.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
McDonalds tastes different in other countries though.

Slightly, yes. But the difference is incredibly small and this just highlights my point, which is that people don't give them enough credit for this. It's ridiculously hard to achieve. In a huge number of countries, they use local ingredients and still achieve the same finished product. Doing that with any business is tough, let alone fast food.

disagree mate.

the product is not good, it is just CONVENIENT: people have gotten lazy and thus suffer for it. Watch super size me. There are chemicals in mcdonalds food that triggers your senses to make it feel like you think it tastes good but in all reality it is utter sh*t. Just like most of the USAs food supply. Utter dogcrap. And rightfully so since Mcdonalds has ruined modern agriculture and destroyed the plight of the once noble, and lucrative american farming industry. Mcdonalds is utter dog sh*t and is a far cry to what Ray Kroc once dreamt of this to be. I strongly believe that him, sam walton and dave thomas etc did not anticipate the types of cruetly and inhumane business practices that these corporations make in the name of Convenience.

That's just not true. People just fetishize local and small businesses. A huge percentage of local food establishments are worse tasting than McDonalds and you can't just sum their success up to using chemicals. Chemicals is such a loaded word because people often don't understand what they are and associate it with danger.

Similarly, farming is just a business, it's not noble. It's called capitalism. A small amount of farmers got wealthy beyond their wildest dreams by growing beyond small operations and the rest got swallowed up or make a relatively small profit.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
McDonald's is such an internationally recognized, trusted, and consumed brand that not even recessions, large-scale lawsuits, fads (vegan), or critics (Michelle Obama) can stop it from expanding and being chosen by the majority of the general public. It's cheap to sell, cheaper to make, it's been around for decades, has a reputation for being the "go-to" place for people's first jobs (at least I think), and people apparently like their products. Having toys and "happy meals" was a smart move too. I'm neither an investor in MCD and rarely a customer (I'll get a Filet-O-Fish from time to time) but I can see why it still holds up and succeeds.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
huge percentage of local food establishments are worse tasting than McDonalds

this is lunacy. sheer lunacy mate. When i lived in midwest and in the south, EVERY local food establishment tasted better even on their "off" days then mcdonalds. I dont know what mcdonalds you go to but you are mistaken.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
It's cheap to sell, cheaper to make

exactly. Because of general populous (worldwide) ignorance and laziness, mcdonalds will continue to thrive. people just do not know enough to realize what in the hell they are actually consuming. There was a reason my mother never took any of us to Mcdonalds even in the 90s. Her excuse was the sodas and the sugar aspect but then the child obesity epidemic was just in its inception. Momma knew best i guess. After doing my own research and talking to many agriculturalists in Illinois, they all fathom at what Mcdonalds has become in order to produce "cheaper to make" food. A better fast food option is by far Chic.fil A. they make a killing and they are neither open 24 hours a day nor sundays. Plus their food is genuinely more healthy and tastes better than any Mcdonalds chicken meals. Chic fil A just markets chicken rather then beef. Mcdonalds does not even use so-called "angus" beef as it claims. It is pure altered rubbish. There has been cases of ammonia mixed with the meat to give it coloring and preservation against rampant germs due to storage and inadequacies. Really, they are by far a " trusted brand" only to the sheeple and those that know better and who are poorer, unfortunately. I wish they would wake the hell up.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
exactly. Because of general populous (worldwide) ignorance and laziness, mcdonalds will continue to thrive. people just do not know enough to realize what in the hell they are actually consuming. There was a reason my mother never took any of us to Mcdonalds even in the 90s. Her excuse was the sodas and the sugar aspect but then the child obesity epidemic was just in its inception. Momma knew best i guess. After doing my own research and talking to many agriculturalists in Illinois, they all fathom at what Mcdonalds has become in order to produce "cheaper to make" food. A better fast food option is by far Chic.fil A. they make a killing and they are neither open 24 hours a day nor sundays. Plus their food is genuinely more healthy and tastes better than any Mcdonalds chicken meals. Chic fil A just markets chicken rather then beef. Mcdonalds does not even use so-called "angus" beef as it claims. It is pure altered rubbish. There has been cases of ammonia mixed with the meat to give it coloring and preservation against rampant germs due to storage and inadequacies. Really, they are by far a " trusted brand" only to the sheeple and those that know better and who are poorer, unfortunately. I wish they would wake the hell up.

Yes. They appeal to people who can't spend money on healthier foods and probably don't care about anything other than taste when it comes to feeding themselves or their children. In other words, they appeal directly to most "sidewalkers" and "slowlane" folks (penny pinchers). And there's a LOT of them around.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Similarly, farming is just a business, it's not noble. It's called capitalism.
farming is not just a business mate. it is survival. It is noble. Its not our fault that we ahve been raised to shun this important profession and field. It is absolute blasphemy the number of hard working barely making it farmers I have encountered in my travels that tell their sons do not follow my path.... How else will a population of 360 million sustain itself food wise without farming? Maybe the generic population prefers altered genetically modified foods so they can fill their bodies with foreign chemicals and compounds that over the thousands of years our biological systems have never encountered before... And then we wonder why everyone is obese, getting sick, getting tired, lack of energy etc etc.
And then the government incentivizes and loves fast food chains that the general populous can only afford because unfortunately in USA eating healthy is bloody expensive and cumbersome for many slowlaners.
Farming and government should remain at arms length. However the pathetic world governments only favor certain crops for incentivization and exports. This causes a troubled and insufficient food supply. I am tired of numerous people getting cancer in the US. I am tired of the health problems in the US thus causing everyones medical insurance to go up and up. I just want a more educated and knowledgeable populous that knows what's in their foods and where it comes from.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
disagree mate.

the product is not good, it is just CONVENIENT: people have gotten lazy and thus suffer for it. Watch super size me. There are chemicals in mcdonalds food that triggers your senses to make it feel like you think it tastes good but in all reality it is utter sh*t. Just like most of the USAs food supply. Utter dogcrap. And rightfully so since Mcdonalds has ruined modern agriculture and destroyed the plight of the once noble, and lucrative american farming industry. Mcdonalds is utter dog sh*t and is a far cry to what Ray Kroc once dreamt of this to be. I strongly believe that him, sam walton and dave thomas etc did not anticipate the types of cruetly and inhumane business practices that these corporations make in the name of Convenience.
Arun you are spot on mate as one QC guy to another.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Arun you are spot on mate as one QC guy to another.
i do realize that several users on here and many others have been once upon a time plagued by the golden arch, however due to the advent of technology and information and advances in investigative journalism, the golden arch true persona has surfaced.... Believe me even when I was young, I begged my momma to go to the playplace mcds. That was a brilliant idea, however, my mom also knew that the upkeep wouldnt be there and heard stories from work that her frineds kids got sick due to the lack of hygiene etc. I will never shun Mcdonalds creativity. Sheer brilliance actually since its inception. The big mac will never ever be replicated. The happy meal as well. The entire culture of pairing toys with movies in the 90s was brilliant..... Furthermore the playplaces and those establishments holding numerous birthday parties for parents that didnt have as much money was also brilliant.... However somewhere along the way, the standards just fell, and corporate greed took over.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
I don't know if you have noticed that many companies are introducing "politics" (the "diversity & inclusion social justice" kind) to their business practices.

I have yet to see one that doesn't lose quite a lot of credibility and money when done.

Burger King did something recently with the "pink tax".

People go to McDonalds because they know what to expect, a cheap and convenient way to stuff their mouths.

And they still focus on just that, how to stuff their customers' mouths.

I'd like to see what would happen to McDonalds if they also stopped to sell food and started fighting for social justice, would their brand be strong enough to not take a hit?

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Large mcchicken meal and a cheeseburger with no pickles is my go to at Macca's.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I just recently had a #1 combo at McDonalds for the first time in about a year, the fries were good but the overall meal gave me a stomach ache like right away.

You can taste how artificial it is - full of chemicals.

I prefer In N Out for about the same price.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
full of chemicals
exactly bro. once youve come to the light and eat clean wholesome foods, your body has this intuition of crap and it rejects it right away. This happened to me at even a subway restaurant at Ohare. I was travelling constantly for almost 30 hours and was starving because i slept through the plane meals lol and got a 6 inch oven roasted sub and man i felt like crap afterwards its a real shame. On the one hand our bodies may get immune to such chemically induced food from eating them way too often, but on the other hand people that are used to eating wholesome foods (not just organic but overall) and then eat them for lack of options can get sick as well thus really altering the biological makeup of things.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Mcdonalds partnered with Uber Eats.. now has market access to people who don't want to go to McDonalds.. not that hard to figure out
Can you imagine, being TOO LAZY to go to McDonalds....

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Yes. They appeal to people who can't spend money on healthier foods and probably don't care about anything other than taste when it comes to feeding themselves or their children. In other words, they appeal directly to most "sidewalkers" and "slowlane" folks (penny pinchers). And there's a LOT of them around.

Warren Buffett is notorious for eating McDonalds every single day, washed down with multiple regular cokes. A man who has money to eat whatever he wants chooses McD's. But he probably receives some kind of alien blood transfusion every week so it's unrealistic to compare his diet choices to that of mere mortals.

Actually I imagine a great deal of modern day Fastlaners eat fast food on the reg. The Zuck types who are so focused on their work that they either have no time to eat better or no regard for what is put in front of them. Henry Ford was one such early Fastlaner who was so disinterested in food that he would routinely cook and eat the weeds growing in his back yard. In his mind, the stomach was no different from a combustion engine, and the weeds were wasted energy that could be put to good use.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Warren Buffett is notorious for eating McDonalds every single day, washed down with multiple regular cokes. A man who has money to eat whatever he wants chooses McD's. But he probably receives some kind of alien blood transfusion every week so it's unrealistic to compare his diet choices to that of mere mortals.

Actually I imagine a great deal of modern day Fastlaners eat fast food on the reg. The Zuck types who are so focused on their work that they either have no time to eat better or no regard for what is put in front of them. Henry Ford was one such early Fastlaner who was so disinterested in food that he would routinely cook and eat the weeds growing in his back yard. In his mind, the stomach was no different from a combustion engine, and the weeds were wasted energy that could be put to good use.
Trump also eats nothing but MickeyD's. I want to live till 150. So I'm going to keep eating my meat and vegetables.

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
McDonalds is fast, cheap and addictive. But what they're doing long term with their strategy is creating places that look exactly the same, so it doesn't matter which McDonalds restaurant you pass, it triggers a habitual response in your brain. And you will pass by one of them for sure, because they're around every corner.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
exactly bro. once youve come to the light and eat clean wholesome foods, your body has this intuition of crap and it rejects it right away. This happened to me at even a subway restaurant at Ohare. I was travelling constantly for almost 30 hours and was starving because i slept through the plane meals lol and got a 6 inch oven roasted sub and man i felt like crap afterwards its a real shame. On the one hand our bodies may get immune to such chemically induced food from eating them way too often, but on the other hand people that are used to eating wholesome foods (not just organic but overall) and then eat them for lack of options can get sick as well thus really altering the biological makeup of things.
Evolutionarily, the human body hasn't caught up to junk/fast food.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I don't know if you have noticed that many companies are introducing "politics" (the "diversity & inclusion social justice" kind) to their business practices.

Hyprocrites, fakes, posuers, disgusting, hipster wannabes, pretentious are words to describe this sort. The predecessor to this trend was called "corporate social responsibility".

Back to McDonald's, it's true their food tastes really good and keeps you coming back for more. Harmful, sinful but good. It's also true that everything in their food is synthetic and infused with chemicals. Look at that McChicken patty. Lol. Even their bread looks and smells suspicious. I don't trust the veggies in the burgers too. All major fast food chains, including Subway, are no better.

Subway always has that strong plastic-ish smell in their food. Can smell from tens of feet away. I doubt Subway is as healthy as they claim to be.

McDonald's - Our food comes from the lab, not kitchen™

Subway - Eat Plastic™

*I don't believe Warren Buffett eats McDonald's and coke every meal unless he does a time-stamped live streaming video showing him eat those 365 days a year, 3 meals a day. Otherwise it's just a form of branding to make his character more interesting.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.