The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any General Contractors here?

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
Would love to get some insight. I am targeting general contractors for marketing and web design, but my campaigns have been really bad currently.

I have clients from other industries and 1 developer, but I have a hard time understanding how gen. contractors work from the inside.

Who handles marketing/sales in gen. contracting companies that are between $3 to $5 million? What about from $5 to $10 million?

Asides from CEO I mean. I would think theres a marketing/sales exec. But would a VP, Director, or President handle any of this at the smaller companies?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
The owner. You have to get pretty big before you hand that off - think 50M+/year.

Sometimes they have a project manager that can respond to RFQ's and solicitations but he isn't going to be hunting for new work.

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
The owner. You have to get pretty big before you hand that off - think 50M+/year.

Sometimes they have a project manager that can respond to RFQ's and solicitations but he isn't going to be hunting for new work.

1)Okay and no one else would have a say in any strategy to get more job contracts?

2) can you tell me the mindset involved in trying to get more work? What are they trying to do achieve?

Is there a ratio of jobs won/total bids they have?

Something they want that would increase their chances of winning a contract?

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
My brother in law is a general contractor, still pretty small but he works with a company that's about $5 million/year.

From what I've seen, even for the big guys, is that their work comes from personal network, relationships, and word of mouth. You don't see a lot, if any, marketing from them. The established ones have more work than they want. These are blue collar guys that are deep into the contracting world. The majority don't even have a website, and if they do it's only because their kid told them they had to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.