The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

And away we go ...again

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I also save everyone and have about 160 to date. That’s why I was thinking to sift through them and create an E-book for whatever the lowest price I could sell it for and see if there was a need/ interest does my thinking make sense?
Yes, I think that makes sense. I've a lot of content too and could (get someone else to?) trawl through it and create more polished content from them - ebooks, books, YouTube videos, courses, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Josephseal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 23, 2019
Yes, I think that makes sense. I've a lot of content too and could (get someone else to?) trawl through it and create more polished content from them - ebooks, books, YouTube videos, courses, etc.
Hi Andy,

That's a great idea, seeing how a final product would look once in the hands of a seasoned writer would be a good first step and provide a purposeful opportunity to define what the next step could look like, depending on how the market responded if at all. Okay, not to sound like a bonehead, but what type of writer would I be looking for? and is there a direction you would recommend?

I was also ruminating about the Forum website idea and after a good night's sleep, before I hit the trenches again today, I remembered international forums which I’m still a member and how the originator grew it. Here is an outline;

Access was free but limited; it gave you a good feel for the content, but you were not allowed to post or view some of the more interesting discussion boards, only the discussion board headline.

For $20.00 per year, you had full access and were able to post and sell on the E-Stand. In addition, there was a “Member’s Only” section, which we were all very appreciative of.

After about two years, the forum originator offered a “Life Time” membership for $120.00 to the first 200 users, in return you received a certificate and actual numbered pin, the Lifetime Membership sold out in 30 minutes.

He then started to add name tags based on the number of posts by a user, soon to be followed by badges.

There are “Ads” on the message boards which changed with every click, all advertisers were vetted and had to be approved by the originator. This is a collector’s forum of WW2 military items. In an environment littered with fakes, this was of tremendous value. For those not formularized with WW2 collectibles, it’s a VERY expensive global hobby and people lose a ridiculous amount of money every day. To add some perspective, a German Knight’s Cross without the award doc would be in the 10K conversation.

As time passed the ‘FAQ’s” sheets and articles snowballed and so did the size of the community and annual membership fee went from $20.00 to $30.00.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Okay, not to sound like a bonehead, but what type of writer would I be looking for? and is there a direction you would recommend?
I don't know, never having ever written an eBook or published it. There's a few copywriters in here who might know.

Rather than creating a forum, what about something simpler to test the waters - like a paid email newsletter?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Josephseal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 23, 2019
Hi Andy,
Thank you, thank you, I appreciate you staying with me on this !!

You da man !!

Josephseal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 23, 2019
my questions

EDITED by moderator so the link goes to the exact post where you ask your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Josephseal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 23, 2019
You're welcome.

This might interest you too:
@AndyBlack, excellent read on execution and yet again I appreciate your time and direction. A lot of ruminating going as I marinate very thought-provoking. Both threads and the phone call have allowed me to understand the language of the process better and appreciate the complexities.
Thank you for being a "Giver"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.