The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An online directory that connects restaurant owners with suppliers

Henry_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 11, 2018
Australia, Melbourne
Hi everyone,

I would love to hear your thoughts on this business idea. Please be brutally honest and don't hold back :D.

Online directory that connects hospitality, food & beverage business owners to wholesale suppliers.

So, I've owned and operated a restaurant in the Melbourne for the past 4 years and I have noticed that the only ways wholesale suppliers reach restaurant owners are either through word of mouth or through a pesky salesperson that has no clue that busy operating hours are the worst times to visit. I know from experience that all of my suppliers have been found through a friend or family and many of my peers find their through the same way. I thought there must be a better way for wholesale suppliers to reach their clients and for business owners to compare offerings online. I searched the web for wholesale suppliers and the results were lacklustre.

My plan is to build this online directory and focus on one state, Victoria. Offer a quality and detailed-oriented list of suppliers in the Victoria. The information should include: product offerings, price, delivery options, quality

I think there could be a lot of value added for both parties (suppliers and business owners). It will make it easier for business owners to find and compare different products, pricing and services. Additionally, it will allow suppliers to reach a larger pool of clients.

Please let me hear your thoughts on this idea.
If you've built a similar online directory, I would love to hear your experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Henry_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 11, 2018
Australia, Melbourne
@minivanman
I've thought about a few options:

1. Featured listings
2. Charging suppliers for each lead generated
3. Packaged subscription offers
4. Sponsored articles
5. Promotions through email

Restaurant business owners etc... will not be charged to use the site. I want to encourage as many users as possible.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What’s the simplest way to start?

What do you currently do when someone asks you how you source XYZ?

What do you currently do when *you* need to source XYZ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Henry_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 11, 2018
Australia, Melbourne
@Andy Black
I do have a very rough site live at the moment. It still needs a-lot of work and I am adding in all suppliers myself.
www.suppliersearch.com.au

If someone asks how they can source a particular products, I'll recommend a supplier I have used or heard is good.
If i need to source a particular product, ill ask a friend or people who are in the industry.

eMIKaE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 13, 2017
Poland
I have just purchuased the same wordpress theme, I wish you all the best, If you have any troubles with costumizing your website, go ahead and PM me, maybe I can help with your problem. Thread about my fastlane entry idea is coming soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.