Andy Black
Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
I had coffee with a friend this morning. He said he’d need to get up to speed with Excel if he gets a job he’s in the running for.
Hmmm...
1) Excel features in the top 5 best-selling courses online if I’m to believe this:
2) I’d very much like to sell a course teaching non-media buying skills *using* my media buying skills (rather than just sell a course *teaching* media buying skills).
By default, people assume I’m a snake oil salesman because I do online marketing. It’s tiring.
3) I’ve been using Excel almost every day since 1993 and even did a stint in a college teaching Excel to complete computer newbies in 1994.
4) I did weekly Excel classes when I was the analyst and head of a team of 35 Google Ads specialists spending €120k/day. Those classes were always standing room only - because everyone knew the top 10% of that team were those best at Excel.
5) Lots of people over complicate Excel and use too many functions when probably 80% of what most people need can be done with 20% of Excel’s functionality - and the right way of thinking about Excel.
Sooo... is anyone currently considering purchasing an Excel course?
If so, what do you hope to get from taking it?
To be clear, if I go ahead with this then I plan on selling the course using Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and maybe even Facebook Ads. I’m only asking in the forum in case there’s people here who are struggling with Excel.
Regardless, it could be an interesting progress thread.
Hmmm...
1) Excel features in the top 5 best-selling courses online if I’m to believe this:
2) I’d very much like to sell a course teaching non-media buying skills *using* my media buying skills (rather than just sell a course *teaching* media buying skills).
By default, people assume I’m a snake oil salesman because I do online marketing. It’s tiring.
3) I’ve been using Excel almost every day since 1993 and even did a stint in a college teaching Excel to complete computer newbies in 1994.
4) I did weekly Excel classes when I was the analyst and head of a team of 35 Google Ads specialists spending €120k/day. Those classes were always standing room only - because everyone knew the top 10% of that team were those best at Excel.
5) Lots of people over complicate Excel and use too many functions when probably 80% of what most people need can be done with 20% of Excel’s functionality - and the right way of thinking about Excel.
Sooo... is anyone currently considering purchasing an Excel course?
If so, what do you hope to get from taking it?
To be clear, if I go ahead with this then I plan on selling the course using Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and maybe even Facebook Ads. I’m only asking in the forum in case there’s people here who are struggling with Excel.
Regardless, it could be an interesting progress thread.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?



