The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ambitious Adventures "A Traveling Entrepreneur Show"

gurnays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2016
What's up guys! I came across this Kick starter campaign and it's about entrepreneurs traveling the world to discover other entrepreneurs and hear their struggles and success.

Basically it's a reality T.V. show for entrepreneurs.

Here is a link to the campaign to see what it's about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-reality-tv-for-young-entrepre?ref=nav_search

Do you guys think this is dumb or is it revolutionary?

I'm curious to what you guys think about it, I backed the show. I really think it would be interesting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

It's dumb because being an entrepreneur is about getting shit done, not watching reality T.V.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I get requests all the time for people who want to go on vacation, and want me to help pay for it. Call it a mission, what ever. Same deal here. These guys want to go on a national tour, and want other people to pay for it. If the show was a good idea, they'd sell advertising and use that to support themselves instead of you paying their travel budget. I'd rather support my own travel budget, and causes that will really make a difference in the world.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
What's up guys! I came across this Kick starter campaign and it's about entrepreneurs traveling the world to discover other entrepreneurs and hear their struggles and success.

Basically it's a reality T.V. show for entrepreneurs.

Here is a link to the campaign to see what it's about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-reality-tv-for-young-entrepre?ref=nav_search

Do you guys think this is dumb or is it revolutionary?

I'm curious to what you guys think about it, I backed the show. I really think it would be interesting.
Sounded more interesting when you said it "it's about entrepreneurs traveling the world" I thought the focus was on people running businesses remotely from all over the globe.

Are you involved in this venture at all? Easier to be honest if you are..

This forum is kind of like a reality tv show of entrepreneurs traveling the world meeting other entrepreneurs. No need to to sit in front of a TV..I'll go meet some fellow board members at a bar. Cool enough idea I guess. They want to get paid to travel the world.

:)

G

Guest34764

I get requests all the time for people who want to go on vacation, and want me to help pay for it. Call it a mission, what ever. Same deal here. These guys want to go on a national tour, and want other people to pay for it.

This happens a lot on Kickstarter.

People wanting to start "documentaries" but are really just using the money for a vacation.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I had a friend that just did a kickstarter so other people would fund the buildout of their business. Meanwhile, their disposable income was higher than most of the people that funded their kickstarter, and the value was less than retail value of the award tiers. They messaged me privately and asked me to contribute. I told them I wouldn't, but I would happily support their venture once it was launched.

Kickstarter CAN be awesome. It can also be a haven for douche bags with their hand out. There's a forum member here who raised a bunch of money on Kickstarter and then NEVER DELIVERED THE PROMISED PRODUCT to the funders. There's a downside of kickstarter. It is built into the terms of you funding a project - you're never guaranteed to receive ANYTHING in exchange for your contribution.

The OP here is a 17 year old kid who just gave money to people worth way more than he is, to fund their travel budget.

gurnays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2016
I had a friend that just did a kickstarter so other people would fund the buildout of their business. Meanwhile, their disposable income was higher than most of the people that funded their kickstarter, and the value was less than retail value of the award tiers. They messaged me privately and asked me to contribute. I told them I wouldn't, but I would happily support their venture once it was launched.

Kickstarter CAN be awesome. It can also be a haven for douche bags with their hand out. There's a forum member here who raised a bunch of money on Kickstarter and then NEVER DELIVERED THE PROMISED PRODUCT to the funders. There's a downside of kickstarter. It is built into the terms of you funding a project - you're never guaranteed to receive ANYTHING in exchange for your contribution.

The OP here is a 17 year old kid who just gave money to people worth way more than he is, to fund their travel budget.

In other words, I was dumb to give money to the venture.

gurnays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2016
Sounded more interesting when you said it "it's about entrepreneurs traveling the world" I thought the focus was on people running businesses remotely from all over the globe.

Are you involved in this venture at all? Easier to be honest if you are..

This forum is kind of like a reality tv show of entrepreneurs traveling the world meeting other entrepreneurs. No need to to sit in front of a TV..I'll go meet some fellow board members at a bar. Cool enough idea I guess. They want to get paid to travel the world.

:)

I'm not a part of it, but I'd love to be paid to travel.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In other words, I was dumb to give money to the venture.

Hey I would not say it like that. We all get a choice as to where to spend the money we want to spend.

I am old, and synical. I like my money too much to give it away unless I like where it is going.

If you like where this is going, there are many MANY worse places you could spend your money.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
There's a forum member here who raised a bunch of money on Kickstarter and then NEVER DELIVERED THE PROMISED PRODUCT to the funders.
He raised over $8000 over a year and a half ago. Excuse after lame excuse as to why he has not been able to deliver. All funders, including myself, have been scammed out of our money and we don't seem to have any recourse in the matter. Interestingly, it shows that my reward was delivered. It was not.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
He raised over $8000 over a year and a half ago. Excuse after lame excuse as to why he has not been able to deliver. All funders, including myself, have been scammed out of our money and we don't seem to have any recourse in the matter. Interestingly, it shows that my reward was delivered. It was not.

There's literally nothing keeping scammers from raising money, taking the funds, and not delivering. Until and unless one of the scams goes big enough to merit State or Federal regulatory attention, there is zero recourse. It is built right into the terms of the funders use of the web site(s).

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
There's literally nothing keeping scammers from raising money, taking the funds, and not delivering. Until and unless one of the scams goes big enough to merit State or Federal regulatory attention, there is zero recourse. It is built right into the terms of the funders use of the web site(s).
You'd think the Coolest Cooler fiasco would have sparked something.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You'd think the Coolest Cooler fiasco would have sparked something.

That would have been a cool cooler. However, at the current ask price of $400, they can go F*** themselves. It's not that cool.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
At least the company finally confessed, and provided funders with a means of getting a cooler. The (past) forum member here never even had the integrity to do that. He just literally screwed people, which is how about 10% of all kickstarter orders work. Kickstarter fraud is an epidemic.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Did you ever even get the diary?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio