The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon Game Changer Coming Soon

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
From the beginning of September Amazon will display names and addresses of all sellers on their profile pages.

If your Amazon listing is in your own name, both your name and address will be available for the public to see. This presents some potentially scary possibilities. Say you sell something to a nut case who decides to take his/her complaint direct to your home address personally? How secure is your home?

If your Amazon listing is in your business name, the public will be able to see your business name and address, so be prepared for a blizzard of promotional contacts, as well as the possibility of disgruntled buyers knocking on your door.

I can see quite a boom in mail forwarding address businesses.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This happened on eBay years ago. There were similar worries but it didn’t really come to anything. I think we had well over 250k feedback between the two accounts (excluding Amazon) by the time I sold the business and never had a single issue with having our details on show. They were on our Web sites anyway.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don’t think this will affect much. I had my home address on my website for years and nobody ever showed.

I don’t think many buyers even look at the business name, let alone the address.

My website has our warehouse address on each page. We’ve had a few walk ins, but nothing that would make me take my address down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I’ve had my home address on my business stuff for years. Never had an issue and I don’t see this being an issue - most buyers won’t even look

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I don't use Amazon but can't you just use a PO box as an address to combat this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.