The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Amazon Game Changer Coming Soon

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
From the beginning of September Amazon will display names and addresses of all sellers on their profile pages.

If your Amazon listing is in your own name, both your name and address will be available for the public to see. This presents some potentially scary possibilities. Say you sell something to a nut case who decides to take his/her complaint direct to your home address personally? How secure is your home?

If your Amazon listing is in your business name, the public will be able to see your business name and address, so be prepared for a blizzard of promotional contacts, as well as the possibility of disgruntled buyers knocking on your door.

I can see quite a boom in mail forwarding address businesses.

Walter

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
This happened on eBay years ago. There were similar worries but it didn’t really come to anything. I think we had well over 250k feedback between the two accounts (excluding Amazon) by the time I sold the business and never had a single issue with having our details on show. They were on our Web sites anyway.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don’t think this will affect much. I had my home address on my website for years and nobody ever showed.

I don’t think many buyers even look at the business name, let alone the address.

My website has our warehouse address on each page. We’ve had a few walk ins, but nothing that would make me take my address down.

OP
OP
Walter Hay

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Envision

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 5, 2014
I’ve had my home address on my business stuff for years. Never had an issue and I don’t see this being an issue - most buyers won’t even look

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I'm thinking about joining the program. How is it like joining from Asia (Japan specifically)...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom