The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Books? no, unfortunately. They are more than likely outdated. You are best to look for content online.
In that case, what source do you recommend?. I have been working in my sites, but I want to get better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
If you are doing SEO for "best x" type keywords for affiliates and you have a facebook pixel, would you ever recommend targeting your users for a product even though its affiliate and may have a lower return like 30%

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
In that case, what source do you recommend?. I have been working in my sites, but I want to get better.

I have a course :) See my sig.

I think SEO Signals Lab on FB is the best forum bar none (I'm in of course)

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
If you are doing SEO for "best x" type keywords for affiliates and you have a facebook pixel, would you ever recommend targeting your users for a product even though its affiliate and may have a lower return like 30%

Great question.

You mean remarketing correct?

If the merchant is doing remarketing you may not have great success. If they aren't I would try it.

I'm all for establishing a strong relationship with your audience. Remarketing is definitely a great way to do this.

I would do upon outbound click to the merchant's site and that, of course, means you need a pixel on their site for any conversions.

FB, unfortunately, is hard since they don't support offline conversions that well compared to Google Ads and Bing. So with FB you are flying blind can't get a full feedback loop for Facebook to fully optimize.

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
What is your strategy for content creation ?
Most of the times I do keyword and competitor research I feel like I cant add any value to the content that already is written besides a more clear design and a more structured text.
Think topics like „what do I have to do after a car crash where I did not have any fault“ where the answar is the same always.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
What is your strategy for content creation ?
Most of the times I do keyword and competitor research I feel like I cant add any value to the content that already is written besides a more clear design and a more structured text.
Think topics like „what do I have to do after a car crash where I did not have any fault“ where the answar is the same always.

What about functionality? Everone seems to think SEO in terms of content, but can you add value via other means? Like a comparison tool, a calculator, present information in an easier to understand format, etc.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC

Hi Larry,

Thanks for doing this. I used to work as an AdSense rep in the 2000's at Google. I worked with lots of websites that turned into large sites, like plentyoffish.com, breitbart.com. infowars.com(yes the Alex Jones), etc. I saw a lot of average joes start websites, then earn 7 fig. monthly checks from Google. I have worked with pubs, but haven't actually built one myself. I want to do this now.

Here is my approach;
Step 1 - Buy all of the domains, social handles, etc for my idea.
Step 2 - Start publishing on social media first and build a big social media audience. FB, YT, TW, IG, etc. My overall theory is that if you publish and build a strong brand name in social media(mostly for free), it will support a website launch. Especially with Twitter and Facebook.
Step 3 - Launch the website after social media has grown
Step 4 - Begin monetizing the website with ads, affiliate and products I've created.

I am at Step 3 for a current project. I have 10K followers for a niche category with a strong domain name in a growing category. I need to launch a website soon. The social media reach is now over 50K per month.

My question now is;
How would you launch a website today? What would you use? What platform, what type of site would you build? Let's say its a news site. I want to build a site that works well for AdSense and other ads and has the best shot at SEO. I will create articles on the site that will be posted to social media. The social media will refer people back to the website. Web and social will work off of each other for referrals and SEO.

Thanks!
Chris
NYC

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
My question now is;
How would you launch a website today? What would you use? What platform, what type of site would you build? Let's say its a news site. I want to build a site that works well for AdSense and other ads and has the best shot at SEO. I will create articles on the site that will be posted to social media. The social media will refer people back to the website. Web and social will work off of each other for referrals and SEO.

Thanks!
Chris
NYC

Even with its limitations, I'm still a fan of WordPress. The reasons are:
  • Amount of people familiar with WordPress (writers and tech)
  • Flexibility
  • Amount of plugins available
  • Ability to extend with your own custom themes and plugins
  • How well it can work with SEO
Though WordPress can be a pig of a program. You can cache and scale a site that can handle thousands of page views with WordPress.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
Even with its limitations, I'm still a fan of WordPress.

Thanks, are you a fan of self hosted Wordpress, or using hosting services like Wordpress.com/wix/godaddy etc. My theory is that hosted WordPress does worse for SEO and advertising.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Thanks, are you a fan of self hosted Wordpress, or using hosting services like Wordpress.com/wix/godaddy etc. My theory is that hosted WordPress does worse for SEO and advertising.

Well with my background I prefer to manage it myself but I get most can't/shouldn't.

For most using a hosting provider like WP Engine (who I like) is more than fine. For SEO (unless slow) really doesn't matter. Unless you picked some no-name hosting provider which hosts a bunch of sites on the same ip that are spam/PBN.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC

thanks again!

One other question; do you have an opinion or view on growing audiences first with social, and how a website and social presence can work together?

I come from this background and have seen it work quite well for larger social publishers and ecommerce companies.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
thanks again!

One other question; do you have an opinion or view on growing audiences first with social, and how a website and social presence can work together?

I come from this background and have seen it work quite well for larger social publishers and ecommerce companies.

I'm of the opinion for social you have to pay to play to get any decent results for most posts. Though there are always some that go viral organically.

I look at social as another channel. I found from my data that people wanted to subscribe via multiple channels. Which at first, took me by surprise. I expected people to want to subscribe via one channel (email, social, push, etc.) but instead, they didn't want to miss any content.

So IMHO with the various channels, I would stagger your publication of content on those channels and not do it all at the same time. What might be missed on one channel can be seen on another.

Last edited:

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
Can you share a bit about your approach for local SEO?
So far on my site, I have done:
  • on page
  • site structure
  • citation cleanup and building
  • GMB optimization
  • started content marketing
How do you go about backlinking for local Seo?
I don't know what do besides finding more citation opportunities that allow do-follow backlinks.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Can you share a bit about your approach for local SEO?
So far on my site, I have done:
  • on page
  • site structure
  • citation cleanup and building
  • GMB optimization
  • started content marketing
How do you go about backlinking for local Seo?
I don't know what do besides finding more citation opportunities that allow do-follow backlinks.

What's the industry?

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
What's the industry?

car accident appraiser ( I don't know if that is the correct term, someone that analyzes car crashes for insurance companies)

I'm in Germany and the top-ranking pages for keyword+city have the shadiest backlink profile ever.
All backlinks are unrelated, in foreign languages however they are ahrefs DR>80 mostly.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I'm of the opinion for social you have to pay to play to get any decent results for most posts. Though there are always some that go viral organically.

I've seen the viral work extremely well. The biggest and best-performing pages on FB tend to be legit, organically grown from knowing the algorithms extremely well. Facebook doesn't like this, they want you to pay, but it's possible with good content and knowing the algorithm.

I like your advice to diversify platforms and optimize for each.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
car accident appraiser ( I don't know if that is the correct term, someone that analyzes car crashes for insurance companies)

I'm in Germany and the top-ranking pages for keyword+city have the shadiest backlink profile ever.
All backlinks are unrelated, in foreign languages however they are ahrefs DR>80 mostly.

View attachment 29953

View attachment 29954

Then it should be easy to beat. What type of KD are you talking about? I suspect less than 20 in ahrefs. If so you should be able to rank with a few or no backlinks to the specific pages. I would focus on the primary domain for backlinks for most local links.

For something like this topic, I'm not sure it's easy to get backlinks. Perhaps.

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
Then it should be easy to beat. What type of KD are you talking about? I suspect less than 20 in ahrefs. If so you should be able to rank with a few or no backlinks to the specific pages. I would focus on the primary domain for backlinks for most local links.

For something like this topic, I'm not sure it's easy to get backlinks. Perhaps.

Yes, KD is below 10 for all keywords in ahrefs.

As far as I see it the only thing the competition has going for them, is a higher DR in Ahrefs because of their spammy links from DA<80 sites. Their on-page is bad.

Same thing for the local pack. Number 1-3 are just exact match keyword stuffing in their GMB listing with tons of fake reviews. Thats what I ment when I feel like to G algo has not caught up yet on these things here in Germany.

What would your strategy be to beet this? Maybe I need to give it more time?

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Yes, KD is below 10 for all keywords in ahrefs.

As far as I see it the only thing the competition has going for them, is a higher DR in Ahrefs because of their spammy links from DA<80 sites. Their on-page is bad.

Same thing for the local pack. Number 1-3 are just exact match keyword stuffing in their GMB listing with tons of fake reviews. Thats what I ment when I feel like to G algo has not caught up yet on these things here in Germany.

What would your strategy be to beet this? Maybe I need to give it more time?

I would focus on the content and improve the SERP. Can you add the FAQ schema for example?

The highest entry doesn't always have the highest CTR. It's the one that stands out the most.

ajss

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 28, 2020
How do you get backlinks to your blog? I wouldnt like to use any blackhat method but it is getting difficult to get backlinks organically.

All SEO agencies I came across are using unreliable ways to get backlinks which may cause serious issues.

Regards,
AJSS

Last edited:

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
I would focus on the content and improve the SERP. Can you add the FAQ schema for example?

The highest entry doesn't always have the highest CTR. It's the one that stands out the most.

I have not gotten to page 1 yet for any keyword so I cant realy optimize CTR. But again I'm only working for 1 month on this.

How would you go about improving the SERP given that competition uses blackhat linkbuilding?

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
I have not gotten to page 1 yet for any keyword so I cant realy optimize CTR. But again I'm only working for 1 month on this.

There's your answer then, you haven't given it enough time. Keep focus with on-page issues first. Then think about backlinks next.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
How do you get backlinks to your blog? I wouldnt like to use any blackhat method but it is getting difficult to get backlinks organically.

All SEO agencies I came across are using unreliable ways to get backlinks which may cause serious issues.

Regards,
AJSS
I believe I answered this already.

If you are speaking to SEO agencies that are recommending blackhat, you are looking at the wrong agencies.

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
I have a pretty specific question. I asked once before about citations when I was still building all citations to the homepage.

Since then I found some pretty high DR (80-90) directories for local citations that allow do-follow links. I have 4 location pages but most often I can only insert one URL in the directory.

So my question is:

Do you think it would be worth to sign up for the same directory with a slightly different company name or would the duplicate citation do more harm than good?

1. entry: my company LLC city a - URL to location page a
2. entry: my company LLC city b - URL to location page b

tbe2018

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
May 29, 2018
It depends upon the niche. SEO is a long game. You need to spend 6-12 months if just starting out to start seeing any results. If you want instant results to look at paid traffic instead. It's very rare today to go from 0 to say 100,000k/month of traffic in under a year.

Wix vs WordPress?

If let's say paid traffic, which one is the best ROI in your experience for your bang for the buck.

I'm a beginner wanted to learn traffic generation, any resources that you would recommend?

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Wix vs WordPress?

If let's say paid traffic, which one is the best ROI in your experience for your bang for the buck.

I'm a beginner wanted to learn traffic generation, any resources that you would recommend?

Short term you'll do better with Wix because of the less tech requirements. I prefer WordPress because of all of the options available and many people who can work on it. So my long term solution would be WordPress without question.

tbe2018

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
May 29, 2018
Short term you'll do better with Wix because of the less tech requirements. I prefer WordPress because of all of the options available and many people who can work on it. So my long term solution would be WordPress without question.

Thanks for the AMA sir, may I know is it better to skip the learning curve at SEO, and just dive straight to Paid Traffic?

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Thanks for the AMA sir, may I know is it better to skip the learning curve at SEO, and just dive straight to Paid Traffic?

In my Full-Time Blogger course, I talked about this. 55% to 80% of all traffic is from organic search still. So if you focus on paid you can do well, but missing a big audience. My suggestion is the multi-prong approach.

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
How do you handle multi Location multi service silos?31849
After digging into dozens of blog articles and fb posts I came across this.
Whats your method for this?

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
How do you handle multi Location multi service silos?View attachment 31849
After digging into dozens of blog articles and fb posts I came across this.
Whats your method for this?

I don't know how to read this. Is it saying the URL based upon a location and include multiple topics?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.