The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AMA: How to Start a Web Design Business and Sell Websites

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey folks,

I have combined this thread with my main thread:

The Fox Legends Program

If you have any questions on anything, just ask me over there - thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
“Is Web Design Fastlane?”

I am going to kick this off by asking this question, which is one I get quite a bit.

First, I would say to check out this video from @MJ DeMarco himself…

And then I am quoting MJ here from that video...

MJ DeMarco:
As some of you might know, I got my start freelancing, I learned web skills, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, - the usual stuff. And that's what really prompted me or gave me the ability to actually fund other ventures and other things that I wanted to do. So it was kind of like the foundational job that allowed me to move into a more a Fastlane approach.

That time period [freelancing] was about probably about eight months - I did freelancing / developed the websites for various transportation companies. And in that process, it was able to learn more skills and interactive features and functions. And that allowed me to actually programme my own business system.

So I ran for about 10 years, made a tonne of money doing that and sold it a couple times, and then kind of semi-retired as an author started writing books, which I did not want to publish with a publisher. So I started my own publishing company, which has done remarkably well, more so than I had ever expected. Freelancing has been definitely instrumental in getting me started.

And surprisingly, it hasn't changed a lot. I still see that as a great opportunity, a great Launchpad into bigger and better things. I mean, anytime you go on the internet, and you see a website that's poorly designed, especially in local trades, local industries, you know, local dentists, local electricians, and whatnot, you just see some really poorly designed websites.

So if you can bring those companies into the current age, you know, with perhaps reviews and online scheduling, (and a lot of it's just plug and play stuff) then you can really charge your premium to companies that simply are still living in the dark ages and haven't brought their presence up to speed.

My thoughts would also line up with this approach.

Web design is just a skill, and really what will make it Fastlane for you or not is what you do with it.
If you decide to learn web design and then just do freelancing forever, then, of course, it will not be Fastlane.

But if you are looking for a place to start right now and learn a lot of foundational Fastlane skills, then it can be a great place to start. You will learn to sell, market, business systems, copywriting, email marketing, SEO, ads, code and design, automation, building a team, how to get clients and so on.

A better way to look at it is "can a Fastlane business benefit from good online web design skills?".
And the answer to that is yes.

95%+ of businesses have a large need for effective online sales. marketing, and systems - making web design a good starter service to sell. PLUS it's a very handy skill to have later when building your own bigger businesses.

I would also say that very little is needed to get started. It is basically a laptop and an internet connection.
But... come in with a plan to use this to go bigger as soon as you can. The goal is NOT to be freelancing forever.

So if you are already prepared to build a full-on proper Fastlane business, then it's probably not needed.
But if you are looking for a way right now to boost your skills, cash flow, and momentum - it could be a great choice.

heyben

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 7, 2022
The internet
Hey @Fox

I just downloaded your Web Designer Guide on Kindle! Excited to read it. Thanks for putting that out there!

I recently started out learning web design and building sites in Webflow as it's fast and really good. I plan on creating a business out of this eventually.

I'll be joining you Legends program some time in the near future!

Ben

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey @Fox

I just downloaded your Web Designer Guide on Kindle! Excited to read it. Thanks for putting that out there!

I recently started out learning web design and building sites in Webflow as it's fast and really good. I plan on creating a business out of this eventually.

I'll be joining you Legends program some time in the near future!

Ben

Great, would be cool to have you join Ben.

Any questions you have at the moment?

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
@Fox How do you determine how much you should charge for a project/anything you are selling?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox How do you determine how much you should charge for a project/anything you are selling?

I recommend pricing in two general stages:

1) Starting out

At the start, don't focus on price so much and focus on results. You want to build up great results as fast as possible so you can move ahead to much higher-paying work. So the focus should be on doing the best work you can with the best possible clients for your level - each new project should showcase your skills and abilities more and more.

At this level just price whatever to get the right deals - you are "losing" a little upfront to make a lot more later.

2) Once you have some base results

At this level, you start pricing to make an actual profit. Knowing what to price at this stage really comes down to who you are talking to and how big their problem/goals are. So what will determine how much you can price is how well you get into what they need - and that starts having a proper sales talk and asking good questions.

To price high, you need will need a clear problem(s) that they are motivated to invest in solving. As for what to price, it will come down to the value of having it fixed. So you will also need to understand what it's worth to them and why.

The easiest way to wrap yourself around pricing high is to focus on what-is-in-it-for-them.
You should really feel that them paying a lot of money to get what you can give them is a great deal.

So:
- look for people with big problems
- who are likely to have the budget to solve them
- get into what exactly is wrong and why
- and what they want instead and what this is worth
- and then price accordingly to deliver a great result

No one minds paying a high price... if it gets them an even bigger result.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 30, 2022
I am thinking about joining the program, but I have some questions.

How long do you think it takes for anyone to actually land their first deal assuming they don't know anything about web design or the program, and they are willing to work 40 hours a week (actual work ethic)?

Are you supposed to learn actual web design like coding yourself through free resources online?

What percentage of students give up? And what are the causes of giving up? I am mainly asking to know the realistics behind the program, as I assume it's very hard to actually get started as with any potentially successful business model.

heyben

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 7, 2022
The internet
Great, would be cool to have you join Ben.

Any questions you have at the moment?
Hey fox,

I finished you book last night and it gave me a really clear picture of how the Legends program builds out more on this. I really enjoyed reading it!

No questions at this time. We'll connect at some time, I'm sure about it :)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I am thinking about joining the program, but I have some questions.

How long do you think it takes for anyone to actually land their first deal assuming they don't know anything about web design or the program, and they are willing to work 40 hours a week (actual work ethic)?

Are you supposed to learn actual web design like coding yourself through free resources online?

What percentage of students give up? And what are the causes of giving up? I am mainly asking to know the realistics behind the program, as I assume it's very hard to actually get started as with any potentially successful business model.

- A few weeks to 1-2 months for the first project.
Usually, most people can get decent-paying projects within 2-3 months with proper effort.

- Ya, I don't teach coding. There are so many different ways to build websites right now that I can't cover them all - plus many ways to learn for cheap or free. I recommend you learn to make websites as you learn to sell - don't just go off learning code by itself for months.

- I don't have an exact figure for who quits, but I would think less than 15%, probably more like 5-10%.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 15.04.44.png
Right now, we have 518 members out of 640 students (over three years), so over 80% of students who joined (from day one) are still active. That is cause we actually care and always give top-notch support.

So it is really small. To compare, I would say for a gym, probably 50% of people quit in the first month.

- Why do they give up? I would say it's probably because it does take a little work to get that first project. So you want to mentally stick in there and keep going at the start - and we help there a lot and give you everything we need.

I hope that helps - I really feel we do everything we can to help people make this work.
But of course, it does take someone to show up and put it into action.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 30, 2022
- A few weeks to 1-2 months for the first project.
Usually, most people can get decent-paying projects within 2-3 months with proper effort.

- Ya, I don't teach coding. There are so many different ways to build websites right now that I can't cover them all - plus many ways to learn for cheap or free. I recommend you learn to make websites as you learn to sell - don't just go off learning code by itself for months.

- I don't have an exact figure for who quits, but I would think less than 15%, probably more like 5-10%.

View attachment 44670
Right now, we have 518 members out of 640 students (over three years), so over 80% of students who joined (from day one) are still active. That is cause we actually care and always give top-notch support.

So it is really small. To compare, I would say for a gym, probably 50% of people quit in the first month.

- Why do they give up? I would say it's probably because it does take a little work to get that first project. So you want to mentally stick in there and keep going at the start - and we help there a lot and give you everything we need.

I hope that helps - I really feel we do everything we can to help people make this work.
But of course, it does take someone to show up and put it into action.
Thank You for the numbers, I'm definitely sold on the validity of the business model. I'll definitely join the program possibly later this week since I feel I will need this skill eventually no matter what road I take, and I'll be sure to put in the work.

I just finished the Codecademy HTML and CSS lessons, and I just got a Udemy course for Responsive Web Design. Do you think it'll be fine to do both the Udemy course and possibly join your program or should I just focus on the Udemy course? You did say to learn as I sell, but I was just making sure it also applied to beginners like me where I'm just learning the basics.

david1024

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 15, 2021
Hey folks,

It is probably the last year I will advertise the Fox Legends Program on the forums, and I wanted to do one last high-value thread before then.

For this thread, feel free to ask any questions you have about starting, growing, or running a profitable web design business.

It can be anything you want around sales, marketing, design, clients etc.

I will do my best to answer, and hopefully, it will help you out.

As for the Legends program, let me leave some quick links here…

The original thread is here with dozens of student reviews and a full rundown on the program.
MARKETPLACE - Start Your 6-Figure Online Web Design Business Today...

We ask for all students to leave an open Trustpilot review if possible. Many of these students are people from the Fastlane forums. You can find 80+ detailed such reviews here: Fox Web School is rated "Excellent" with 4.9 / 5 on Trustpilot

View attachment 44655

Also, I recently did up a 40-minute long training video on how to sell profitable web design.

It is the first time I have ever done a full free training video like this, and I did my best to make it very valuable.

It should help you see the big picture strategy/mindset of how to make this work and how to get started.

View attachment 44656

You can find the full video here:
https://go.foxwebschool.com/how-to-sell-websites

Plus, I have a free book you can also download (with a free workbook) here:
https://go.foxwebschool.com/free-guide-and-workbook

View attachment 44657

If you want the Audible version of that book, it is here:
Amazon.com: $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide: A Practical Guide for Wealth and Freedom as an Online Freelancer (Audible Audio Edition): Rob Anthony O'Rourke, Gary Furlong, Fox Web School: Books

To go ahead and sign up, the deal is very straightforward.

The program used to be $2,000 upfront.
But to help others out as much as possible, we dropped it to just a $95 / month subscription access.

This way, anyone can join right now and start getting help right away.
You get full access to everything from day one (including all the content, live calls, expert guest calls, templates, bonus courses etc.).

Once you start getting traction, you can also upgrade to lifetime access if you wish - a few people asked for this option, and it is a nice way to lock in everything at one price. I will send you an email once you join on exactly how that works.

So basically:
- it is just $95 a month to join right now
- there are no ongoing contracts
- and you can upgrade any time you wish
- or keep paying monthly for as long as you want

For everything that is in the program, it's an insanely good deal.

To join, just click here: https://go.foxwebschool.com/join-the-legends

That is it for the intro.

To get this thread going, just start posting up whatever questions you have below, and I will jump in and reply.

Thanks.
Just picked up the book. I will join the course later next week. I have dabbled in web design knowing the potential but revisiting this and your course has made me want to get further into it. Thanks!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Do you think it'll be fine to do both the Udemy course and possibly join your program or should I just focus on the Udemy course? You did say to learn as I sell, but I was just making sure it also applied to beginners like me where I'm just learning the basics.

I used to tell people to go learn first, but then they would come back months later in the exact same situation. What you need asap is a real client - you need to have real businesses to apply what you are learning as you learn it.

So if you want help getting clients then join the program, but either way, don't just go off learning code for months.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
I used to tell people to go learn first, but then they would come back months later in the exact same situation. What you need asap is a real client - you need to have real businesses to apply what you are learning as you learn it.

So if you want help getting clients then join the program, but either way, don't just go off learning code for months.

This is what I did, however I did very little to actually learn.

It is so easy to say - I will learn HTML and then get a client, you need to have deadlines and while you build up your portfolio actually do actions - create, learn from your mistakes etc.

I put myself forward and am helping some one build their website at this moment, due to the way I learn I have now ventured into paid tutoring and working on the project.

I personally have been putting of the cost to join however now due to $99 a month, no lock ins - if I am serious then I should.

You will see me as a member on the 17th of this month @Fox If not I will donate $99 to a charity of your choice.

Stan_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 25, 2022
While I won't start a business in web design I am looking to start a business in graphic design (menus, facebook covers for restaurants etc.) which does seem to be similar in terms of marketing to a web design business.
Here are my questions :
1. What social media accounts do you have as a web design company and how do you use them? Do you have a facebook / instagram/ linkedin / pinterest etc. account? What kind of things do you upload on them and do you contact people through them?
2. What words does your copywriting especially use? What messages do you especially want to stress out about your design to your potential clients? Is it things like fancy, beautiful, unique or attractive, functional, fast, custom-made etc. ?
3. How do you automate this website building at a large scale? Do you have a set of basic templates that you start with and just put the client's text on it? Do you just hire more people? Do you have a standard library of pictures, fonts etc. to use?
4. What do you keep in mind the most when you design a website that has to work well on mobile phones and on desktops also? What are the biggest problems making sure that the website functions well on both devices, if any?
5. Where in the design process do you put most of your focus? Is it in the images and artworks, the speed and functionality, the text, the effects on the page or something else on the website?

Keelham

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

It is probably the last year I will advertise the Fox Legends Program on the forums, and I wanted to do one last high-value thread before then.

For this thread, feel free to ask any questions you have about starting, growing, or running a profitable web design business.

It can be anything you want around sales, marketing, design, clients etc.

I will do my best to answer, and hopefully, it will help you out.

As for the Legends program, let me leave some quick links here…

The original thread is here with dozens of student reviews and a full rundown on the program.
MARKETPLACE - Start Your 6-Figure Online Web Design Business Today...

We ask for all students to leave an open Trustpilot review if possible. Many of these students are people from the Fastlane forums. You can find 80+ detailed such reviews here: Fox Web School is rated "Excellent" with 4.9 / 5 on Trustpilot

View attachment 44655

Also, I recently did up a 40-minute long training video on how to sell profitable web design.

It is the first time I have ever done a full free training video like this, and I did my best to make it very valuable.

It should help you see the big picture strategy/mindset of how to make this work and how to get started.

View attachment 44656

You can find the full video here:
https://go.foxwebschool.com/how-to-sell-websites

Plus, I have a free book you can also download (with a free workbook) here:
https://go.foxwebschool.com/free-guide-and-workbook

View attachment 44657

If you want the Audible version of that book, it is here:
Amazon.com: $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide: A Practical Guide for Wealth and Freedom as an Online Freelancer (Audible Audio Edition): Rob Anthony O'Rourke, Gary Furlong, Fox Web School: Books

To go ahead and sign up, the deal is very straightforward.

The program used to be $2,000 upfront.
But to help others out as much as possible, we dropped it to just a $95 / month subscription access.

This way, anyone can join right now and start getting help right away.
You get full access to everything from day one (including all the content, live calls, expert guest calls, templates, bonus courses etc.).

Once you start getting traction, you can also upgrade to lifetime access if you wish - a few people asked for this option, and it is a nice way to lock in everything at one price. I will send you an email once you join on exactly how that works.

So basically:
- it is just $95 a month to join right now
- there are no ongoing contracts
- and you can upgrade any time you wish
- or keep paying monthly for as long as you want

For everything that is in the program, it's an insanely good deal.

To join, just click here: https://go.foxwebschool.com/join-the-legends

That is it for the intro.

To get this thread going, just start posting up whatever questions you have below, and I will jump in and reply.

Thanks.
This seems like a brilliant opportunity you have created @Fox and congrats on your book definitely off to go purchase after this message. I am a total newbie at web design but want to build my own website for my agency but I dont know how.

My questions would be.
Do you recommend any courses to learn from as there is a lot out there and been a newbie how do you know whats good and whats just someone throwing a course up for a quick buck?

Would it be better to get certified certificate aswell ?

As you mentioned you help your students/ community get clients.

Would it be best to start the school get clients as you learn or freelance first get as many practice runs in to up your skill then join the school with a higher level of skill ?

Would love to ad web design to the toolbelt

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Keelham

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 28, 2022
United Kingdom
@Fox i read your FAQ's. is this true? If so i would like to sign up and learn your way good sir.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I'm totally new to web design. Will Fox Legends still work for me?

Yes, we have lots of successful members that started with zero web design experience. It might even be an advantage for you.

Instead of coming in with many of the heavily ingrained beliefs that keep so many web designers from succeeding, you’ll be able to start selling websites with a fresh approach (the one we’ll be teaching you inside the program).

Yes, it might take a little time to pick up the ins and outs of building websites - but we show you a simple approach to building websites that doesn’t require previous tech or coding skills.

This means you’ll be able to start finding your first clients and landing projects very quickly.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
It will be great to have you join!

If not, it is Saving Paws: Home | savingpaws
1660436551425.png
After a week of taking action - it is time to get real.

See you on the inside @Fox , the $99 a month has made it a lot more tangible and your email game in the past few weeks has been a big factor as well.

Stevenshade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 12, 2022
Hey Fox, just like to ask, how long do you guys plan on keeping this course priced at $95/month? I've yet to delve into all this new material as I'm just getting into the fast lane mindset, and seeing you guys provide information at this price is honestly very encouraging to those just getting started. It would put my mind at ease so to speak that'd it'd be there for the following months. I'm very interested in joining, however, I'd just like to get my programming and basic sales and marketing knowledge up to par first.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
While I won't start a business in web design I am looking to start a business in graphic design (menus, facebook covers for restaurants etc.) which does seem to be similar in terms of marketing to a web design business.
Here are my questions :
1. What social media accounts do you have as a web design company and how do you use them? Do you have a facebook / instagram/ linkedin / pinterest etc. account? What kind of things do you upload on them and do you contact people through them?
2. What words does your copywriting especially use? What messages do you especially want to stress out about your design to your potential clients? Is it things like fancy, beautiful, unique or attractive, functional, fast, custom-made etc. ?
3. How do you automate this website building at a large scale? Do you have a set of basic templates that you start with and just put the client's text on it? Do you just hire more people? Do you have a standard library of pictures, fonts etc. to use?
4. What do you keep in mind the most when you design a website that has to work well on mobile phones and on desktops also? What are the biggest problems making sure that the website functions well on both devices, if any?
5. Where in the design process do you put most of your focus? Is it in the images and artworks, the speed and functionality, the text, the effects on the page or something else on the website?

Hi @Stan_ , Ive been travelling to Denmark the last few days so apologies for the delay.

1) You don't *need* to have any social media accounts to make sales, but at the same time, a good strategy on social media can be very effective. The best platforms are probably Instagram / FB / Youtube (from what I have seen).

Also, if you want to focus more on the design side of things, there are sites like Behance.

But I think all of these should come after you have a nice bit of experience, results, and value to share. At the start, its best to go into selling directly and not focus on building up social media immediately.

Plus - to sell when just starting out, you can still use any personal profile on any platform - you reach out directly and move towards a sales conversion.

2) The best message to focus on is 1) showing past results 2) addressing pains they likely have
Talking about design/colours/attractiveness - is usually a much weaker message for most potential clients.

3) Bets way to automate is to get good at selling and managing people. Then you offload most of the project to more technical people who follow your plan.

As for speeding up the actual design, it depends on how you do things and the projects you focus on. But for sure, it can be done. What used to take me a week to make at the start, I was able to get down to less than half a day.

4) I don't teach you design, so it is probably best to learn this part of things from 100s of cheaper courses on Udemy. My main things to focus on would be the site is very clear to understand (fast) and that there is a logical and effective sequence of content and CTAs to get people to take action.

5) I focus on sales, messaging, and creating action. Design is just one of a lot of tools to help with that.

Hope that helps - if you are interested in the Legends, sign up and try out things for a month and see how it goes for you. What we teach would work very well with graphic design also - its all the same sales tactics.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This seems like a brilliant opportunity you have created @Fox and congrats on your book definitely off to go purchase after this message. I am a total newbie at web design but want to build my own website for my agency but I dont know how.

My questions would be.
Do you recommend any courses to learn from as there is a lot out there and been a newbie how do you know whats good and whats just someone throwing a course up for a quick buck?

Would it be better to get certified certificate aswell ?

As you mentioned you help your students/ community get clients.

Would it be best to start the school get clients as you learn or freelance first get as many practice runs in to up your skill then join the school with a higher level of skill ?

Would love to ad web design to the toolbelt

- What courses to recommend would really depend on what you are stuck on - maybe you can add more details

- No need to get certified in anything > no clients care or even know what to look out for

- Its best to join the program at the earliest stage possible > we will save you months of time and effort

I would say give us a try, but also let me know what you feel stuck with, and I will see if I can recommend other options too.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox i read your FAQ's. is this true? If so i would like to sign up and learn your way good sir.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I'm totally new to web design. Will Fox Legends still work for me?

Yes, we have lots of successful members that started with zero web design experience. It might even be an advantage for you.

Instead of coming in with many of the heavily ingrained beliefs that keep so many web designers from succeeding, you’ll be able to start selling websites with a fresh approach (the one we’ll be teaching you inside the program).

Yes, it might take a little time to pick up the ins and outs of building websites - but we show you a simple approach to building websites that doesn’t require previous tech or coding skills.

This means you’ll be able to start finding your first clients and landing projects very quickly.

Ya - we have had a lot of people start with zero experience and do very well. It takes a month or two to get everything to click altogether - but if you stick with us, we will show you the way.

Why this seems crazy is most people think you have to be very advanced with coding - when you don't. However, learning to build a website can just take one week with a good approach.

The real value is in seeing how to help businesses and then selling them on working with you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
View attachment 44719
After a week of taking action - it is time to get real.

See you on the inside @Fox , the $99 a month has made it a lot more tangible and your email game in the past few weeks has been a big factor as well.

You are in there now? I am just catching up on emails so I hope you got in all well.

Please feel free to come back and leave a review later in this thread too.

Great to have you join!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey Fox, just like to ask, how long do you guys plan on keeping this course priced at $95/month? I've yet to delve into all this new material as I'm just getting into the fast lane mindset, and seeing you guys provide information at this price is honestly very encouraging to those just getting started. It would put my mind at ease so to speak that'd it'd be there for the following months. I'm very interested in joining, however, I'd just like to get my programming and basic sales and marketing knowledge up to par first.

I can't really say. A part of me feels I should really go back to doing this at 2k upfront, but I really want to try see if I can make this model work (to help more people). So not so sure - I will see how the next month or two go.

Keelham

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Ya - we have had a lot of people start with zero experience and do very well. It takes a month or two to get everything to click altogether - but if you stick with us, we will show you the way.

Why this seems crazy is most people think you have to be very advanced with coding - when you don't. However, learning to build a website can just take one week with a good approach.

The real value is in seeing how to help businesses and then selling them on working with you.
Thanks for getting back to me @Fox. Am sold and would like to join September but so i know I can fully commit is there any other exspenses for software etc or anything i will need extra ? Also i only have 3days spare a week will that be enough time if i did about 7 hours a day or would you recommend more? Thanks again

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks for getting back to me @Fox. Am sold and would like to join September but so i know I can fully commit is there any other exspenses for software etc or anything i will need extra ? Also i only have 3days spare a week will that be enough time if i did about 7 hours a day or would you recommend more? Thanks again

Ya that is plenty of time to get going - and no, its very cheap to start a web design business.

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
Hey @Fox

Thanks for the thread! For me as a student, my main concern is the money. Will I be able (putting hard work) to pa your course and be profitable with 500 USD before I run out of money? The 98$ deal sounds good, I want to know if I need more money than that to start. Even if I cant make it, I will probably join just for the knowledge. By the way, will this still be 98$ on september 10th (thats when I would join)?

Thanks!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey @Fox

Thanks for the thread! For me as a student, my main concern is the money. Will I be able (putting hard work) to pa your course and be profitable with 500 USD before I run out of money? The 98$ deal sounds good, I want to know if I need more money than that to start. Even if I cant make it, I will probably join just for the knowledge. By the way, will this still be 98$ on september 10th (thats when I would join)?

Thanks!

There is practically no running cost to the actual business side of things, it is just a case of just showing up and putting what we will teach you into action.

So if you had $500 savings that gives you 5 months to close a $500 deal - that seems very doable.

Keelham

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Ya that is plenty of time to get going - and no, its very cheap to start a web design business.
Brilliant i can wait to join see you September @Fox. Thanks for creating this opportunity for everyone.

Keelham

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 28, 2022
United Kingdom
- No need to get certified in anything > no clients care or even know what to look out for

- Its best to join the program at the earliest stage possible > we will save you months of time and effort

I would say give us a try, but also let me know what you feel stuck with, and I will see if I can recommend other options too.
Well to be honest i know nothing about Web design, code and copywriting. And all I know about sales is what I have learned from books and YT. (If this is not enough, i am willing to put the work in where ever needed.)

I have read whats included in the school and from what I see you cover everything. To get from zero to first 2k website sale and so much f**king more.
(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I will be joining in September, I think I will just learn from you and follow the curriculum of the school and take ACTION on it. I have read your gold feed so i guess thats my knowledge on this subject.

The Aim Of Game Is To Sell My First 2k Website In 12 Months.
I am dyslexic but that's not going to stop me. I just started working on increasing my learning capabilities through the methods in Jim Kwik's book LIMITLESS so GAME ON!! @Fox i accept this challenge.

Can't wait to join.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.