Hi, I live in Jönköping, Sweden. I started my first company when I was 30 and had it for seven years. For the past five years I've been working as an employee and am doing fairly well as a project manager at an IT company. I have been married for 17 years and have three kids.
The past two years I did a masters in IT/BA on my spare time and now I'm itching to start building a new business. During the summer I've been reading a few books about entrepreneurship and making money, but havent read Unscripted or TMF yet. I REALLY dont like working 8 to 5 every day and using my skills, time and energy making money for someone else. I been programming since 2000 and have done SEO, internet marketing and data analytics since 2006 (on and off) so I know how to start and grow a business, but I have a responsibility towards my family. All rely on me to care of things.
I dont mind doing work on my spare time, but it is going to be difficult to run a B2C business and answer the phone while working at the IT company. Even a B2B business requires day time communication. Should I build some software and hope there will be buyers?
I know what I want to do, but the question is, is it too late for me to try moving over to the Fastlane?
The past two years I did a masters in IT/BA on my spare time and now I'm itching to start building a new business. During the summer I've been reading a few books about entrepreneurship and making money, but havent read Unscripted or TMF yet. I REALLY dont like working 8 to 5 every day and using my skills, time and energy making money for someone else. I been programming since 2000 and have done SEO, internet marketing and data analytics since 2006 (on and off) so I know how to start and grow a business, but I have a responsibility towards my family. All rely on me to care of things.
I dont mind doing work on my spare time, but it is going to be difficult to run a B2C business and answer the phone while working at the IT company. Even a B2B business requires day time communication. Should I build some software and hope there will be buyers?
I know what I want to do, but the question is, is it too late for me to try moving over to the Fastlane?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

