Hi All,
A bit of a background - I am in the works of growing the commercial side of my business (selling physical products with commercial applications to businesses) and am going through @Andy Black's adwords posts (thank you Andy for the wealth of information) to learn how I can use Adwords to generate potential leads. Adwords and lead generation are all new to me, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what's out there, let alone put it into practice yet. I am currently going through Andy's Jumpstart to Adwords guide to get my campaign started.
The question I am wondering right now is whether I should hire a professional to build out an Adwords campaign for business lead generation rather than trying to complete this task myself? My thinking is that I already have limited time due to a full time day job, and learning all the info, putting it into action, tweaking mistakes will likely take me a few weeks at least, and my first try definitely won't be as effective as someone who is a professional in the space, and can build a much more successful campaign in a shorter amount of time. The other side of me wants to do it myself, not because I am afraid to invest the money to hire a professional, but because I know it will be another skill I learn if I do it myself and also because its my business and I want to grow it myself.
Is this a scenario where working on the business rather than in the business stands true and it makes more sense to hire a professional rather than spend however many hours it takes to DIY? If I hired out, there are many other things I could focus on to grow the business in other areas. The business is profitable so I have capital to reinvest. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Looking forward to hear everyone's thoughts.
A bit of a background - I am in the works of growing the commercial side of my business (selling physical products with commercial applications to businesses) and am going through @Andy Black's adwords posts (thank you Andy for the wealth of information) to learn how I can use Adwords to generate potential leads. Adwords and lead generation are all new to me, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what's out there, let alone put it into practice yet. I am currently going through Andy's Jumpstart to Adwords guide to get my campaign started.
The question I am wondering right now is whether I should hire a professional to build out an Adwords campaign for business lead generation rather than trying to complete this task myself? My thinking is that I already have limited time due to a full time day job, and learning all the info, putting it into action, tweaking mistakes will likely take me a few weeks at least, and my first try definitely won't be as effective as someone who is a professional in the space, and can build a much more successful campaign in a shorter amount of time. The other side of me wants to do it myself, not because I am afraid to invest the money to hire a professional, but because I know it will be another skill I learn if I do it myself and also because its my business and I want to grow it myself.
Is this a scenario where working on the business rather than in the business stands true and it makes more sense to hire a professional rather than spend however many hours it takes to DIY? If I hired out, there are many other things I could focus on to grow the business in other areas. The business is profitable so I have capital to reinvest. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Looking forward to hear everyone's thoughts.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
