- Joined
- Aug 21, 2018
- Messages
- 22
Rep Bank
$195
$195
User Power: 141%
In my late teens and 20s I was too busy chasing girls and getting over my social anxiety to care much about making money (after all I wasn't broke, just "comfortable"). Since I've put my mind to entrepreneurship, I find that I'm noticing the same mental patterns with this pursuit that made me successful with dating. Now, I can't care less about learning more about dating and female psychology. My mind's on a different frequency.
However, the principles between dating and entrepreneurship are strikingly similar. Eerily so.
There's a large community of men out there that want to learn how to become good with girls. Some learn it and some don't. Those who don't neglect to focus on themselves and the value they have to offer to women, as men. They just want to learn what to "do" because "getting" a$$ is more important than being a man.
Focusing on the "doing" and the "getting" when it comes to dating are sure ways to never really transform as a man and become attractive.
I became much more successful when I put those rotten mindsets away and focused on wanting to express and share what I'm proud of within myself and my life than the focus on the "getting."
So my theory of what a fundamental entrepreneurial mindset is involves focusing much more on what you have to offer and share with the world than the focus you'd put on the "getting" (whether it's money, recognition, fame, etc).
Focusing too much on the outcome of success (money, etc) puts the cart way before the horse.
However, when I say this I also have to say that you can't artificially "focus" more on the giving and contributing and sharing. It has to be a burning desire rather than a "tactic" you use thinking it'll get you closer to the monetary outcome you're striving for.
People I've talked to start with the thought "OK, how do I get loads of money? What do I DO? What are some good IDEAS?" The real question is, "is there some burning desire within me to create and share with the world something of true value?"
Just my 2 cents.
However, the principles between dating and entrepreneurship are strikingly similar. Eerily so.
There's a large community of men out there that want to learn how to become good with girls. Some learn it and some don't. Those who don't neglect to focus on themselves and the value they have to offer to women, as men. They just want to learn what to "do" because "getting" a$$ is more important than being a man.
Focusing on the "doing" and the "getting" when it comes to dating are sure ways to never really transform as a man and become attractive.
I became much more successful when I put those rotten mindsets away and focused on wanting to express and share what I'm proud of within myself and my life than the focus on the "getting."
So my theory of what a fundamental entrepreneurial mindset is involves focusing much more on what you have to offer and share with the world than the focus you'd put on the "getting" (whether it's money, recognition, fame, etc).
Focusing too much on the outcome of success (money, etc) puts the cart way before the horse.
However, when I say this I also have to say that you can't artificially "focus" more on the giving and contributing and sharing. It has to be a burning desire rather than a "tactic" you use thinking it'll get you closer to the monetary outcome you're striving for.
People I've talked to start with the thought "OK, how do I get loads of money? What do I DO? What are some good IDEAS?" The real question is, "is there some burning desire within me to create and share with the world something of true value?"
Just my 2 cents.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
