The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A thought about those who give vs. those who take

Anything related to matters of the mind

Zest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Aug 21, 2018
In my late teens and 20s I was too busy chasing girls and getting over my social anxiety to care much about making money (after all I wasn't broke, just "comfortable"). Since I've put my mind to entrepreneurship, I find that I'm noticing the same mental patterns with this pursuit that made me successful with dating. Now, I can't care less about learning more about dating and female psychology. My mind's on a different frequency.

However, the principles between dating and entrepreneurship are strikingly similar. Eerily so.

There's a large community of men out there that want to learn how to become good with girls. Some learn it and some don't. Those who don't neglect to focus on themselves and the value they have to offer to women, as men. They just want to learn what to "do" because "getting" a$$ is more important than being a man.

Focusing on the "doing" and the "getting" when it comes to dating are sure ways to never really transform as a man and become attractive.

I became much more successful when I put those rotten mindsets away and focused on wanting to express and share what I'm proud of within myself and my life than the focus on the "getting."

So my theory of what a fundamental entrepreneurial mindset is involves focusing much more on what you have to offer and share with the world than the focus you'd put on the "getting" (whether it's money, recognition, fame, etc).

Focusing too much on the outcome of success (money, etc) puts the cart way before the horse.

However, when I say this I also have to say that you can't artificially "focus" more on the giving and contributing and sharing. It has to be a burning desire rather than a "tactic" you use thinking it'll get you closer to the monetary outcome you're striving for.

People I've talked to start with the thought "OK, how do I get loads of money? What do I DO? What are some good IDEAS?" The real question is, "is there some burning desire within me to create and share with the world something of true value?"

Just my 2 cents.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
You're gonna love Ben Settle.

He talks a lot about the correlations between dating and business. He has a podcast on itunes (plus an old one, called antipreneur show) so, if you're into listening to your content, check him out ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.