It was the summer of 2014 at the SIB Library in NYC that I stumbled upon the “The Millionaire Fastlane ” by MJ DeMarco as I was skimming through the Business section. My first reaction was that it may be another one of those financial books that advocated cut throat expense cutting, maximizing 401k, etc. to reach millions. But boy was I in for a surprise. Just reading the first chapter blew my mind away that I had to get the book checked out. I had finished reading the book over the course of a few days as it became apparent that the Slowlane path would lead to a life lived for a tomorrow that may never come. Though sometimes you have to experience reality for yourself to realize the advice of another or lack thereof. Being in college at that time and finishing my internship, I eventually landed the corporate role and swallowed the Slowlane pill.
Fast forward to 2019, the past 5 years have opened my eyes to the following:
· Mundane and mediocre exchange of 5 days of work for 2 days of freedom.
· Limited leverage and no upside potential. *(You can only work so many hours in a day and a salary that is capped by the labor market)
· Hard work that finds yourself taking on more tasks & deliverables as a result of massive cost cutting by the firm.
· Long work hours and sometimes weekends that translates to no time for personal development as a result of time and energy being drained from the daily grind.
· Intellectual product you built and developed is owned by the firm.
· Health issues from stress, anxiety, or sitting in a cubicle, etc.
· Being left to “Hope” as your last resort.
The list could have gotten longer, but I wanted to stick to the main points of the slowlane. As i recently went through a FTE, the details I will share in another thread with my Fastlane progress. It’s important now than ever before to take charge of myself and channel my energy and time in a pursuit that has higher potential to become UNSCRIPTED through Entrepreneurship. I look forward to being a part of this Fastlane community and the wealth of knowledge it has to offer in our journey.
Thanks and Regards,
Bal Jee
Fast forward to 2019, the past 5 years have opened my eyes to the following:
· Mundane and mediocre exchange of 5 days of work for 2 days of freedom.
· Limited leverage and no upside potential. *(You can only work so many hours in a day and a salary that is capped by the labor market)
· Hard work that finds yourself taking on more tasks & deliverables as a result of massive cost cutting by the firm.
· Long work hours and sometimes weekends that translates to no time for personal development as a result of time and energy being drained from the daily grind.
· Intellectual product you built and developed is owned by the firm.
· Health issues from stress, anxiety, or sitting in a cubicle, etc.
· Being left to “Hope” as your last resort.
The list could have gotten longer, but I wanted to stick to the main points of the slowlane. As i recently went through a FTE, the details I will share in another thread with my Fastlane progress. It’s important now than ever before to take charge of myself and channel my energy and time in a pursuit that has higher potential to become UNSCRIPTED through Entrepreneurship. I look forward to being a part of this Fastlane community and the wealth of knowledge it has to offer in our journey.
Thanks and Regards,
Bal Jee
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
