The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Hustler's Guide To Buying And Selling Anything (Part 1)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

Excalibur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Mar 6, 2010
Nampa, ID
I've been slacking off again. Here's a flip from June. Bought it in May. Had a few weeks of fun driving it. Took it through the parade. Then sold it.

Paid $6,500. Sold for $13,900. Maybe could have gotten more, but I couldn't find too many in this condition to compare. Either they were total rust bucket resto projects, or pristine. Although this one was in pretty good condition.

Found it at a farm auction. Not exactly the target audience I think this car would need for top dollar.

Btw it's a '68 Checker Aerobus.

Attachments

• c-1.jpg
    c-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i do this with auction cars. we get them for 300$ a piece and flip for 1000 - 4400$ (range)

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
My apologies, I forgot Checker made those older looking automobiles. Its style comes from the 58s.

RedRapunzel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 21, 2017
California
SO I guess its my time to post with some of my sales.
I work full time but sell comics, toys, video games, coins, Nikes, etc. Basically anything that can make a profit. I also flip domains but that is another devil. I did buy an $8 expired domain and sold it to a company 2 days later for $1,250 - but this is a little harder to replicate..

I make good money selling comic books - if you have never done it, I suggest you start. With all the new marvel/dc upcoming movies - comics are insanely hot right now. This is the best time to flip.

Some of my better deals have been buying a comic for $2,400 - sold it for $3,500 in 2 weeks. Bought 1 more for $2,500 sold again for $3,500. IF you are someone that does not have that much to invest, well I also paid $200 for a book that I sold for $600.

I am currently writing a guide that specifically mentions how I do this but am not posting anything about it here. If you are curious about comics feel free to PM me.

I also make a few hundred bucks at every comic convention I go to as well...

***Hey cdrag, I am intensely interested in your comic flipping insights. I have 8 crates of plastic-enclosed comic books, all of which I would like to sell. They've been sitting in a storage unit for the last few years while I slogged through academia, but it's time to sell them all. I doubt there are any rare volumes but I just want liquidity. I have an Overstreet guide, also a few years old, and a few pieces of contact info for dealers. If you're ever on TFLF again, open a hailing frequency and tell me what not to do. much appreciated.***

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have 8 crates of plastic-enclosed comic books

Wow, how'd you score those? Childhood?

Just please be careful selling, they could be worth a lot of money. You would hate to sell all 8 crates for $200 only to find out later they were worth $20K. Comic books tend to be like baseball cards, most aren't worth a lot -- but a few could be priceless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
My uncle buys cars from auctions all the time. Has been doing for several decades

I am looking to learn how myself so I can flip some monthly. Going to look back on the older posts and see if any good auto auction info.

Thanks!

RedRapunzel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 21, 2017
California
Wow, how'd you score those? Childhood?

Just please be careful selling, they could be worth a lot of money. You would hate to sell all 8 crates for $200 only to find out later

Nope, bought them just to resell. I cruise 2ndhand stores for sport, reselling small stuff for piddling profits (to date) but with the intent to graduate from piddling to substantial. I actually bought my current stethoscope, new in box, for $8.60, and never got around to reselling it after I discovered that model is $200.

I knew that my very limited knowledge of comics could cost me profits if I sold them in ignorance of market value, so I've sat on them. Some say procrastination, I say I waited til I had time to learn how they are valued. I'll probably pee my scrubs in ecstasy if I discover one of them is a rare $20k collectors' edition.

LonelyJug

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 21, 2017
Singapore
hey man i'm having a little trouble flipping on ebay. my item doesn't pop up on the listings, and my items have gone unsold for a few times. is there anything i'm doing wrong? should i offer free shipping instead? thanks ^^
Also there are too many lurkers that read this, that take the information, and yet contribute nothing to this forum in return.

I'll still answer questions here in this thread, but I'm moving the rest (action steps, strategy, progress, etc) to the Private Forum (you need 25 mph+ I believe?)

Anyone who can't access the private forum (due to low rep speed), but is a contributing member of this forum is welcome to PM me anything they want.

To the lurkers, join the forum! :D
ks for

G

Guest34764

I think after this bike I'm flipping I'm going to try and get a car to flip.

tuko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 5, 2017
I started to do some flipping, I'm enjoying it. Made around $400 so far. But it's great practice!

Certg

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 1, 2017
Alabama
I've actually had a large success from this recently.

I first bought a somewhat dilapidated pressure washer on craigslist for $350, half of which my father paid as a birthday gift to me.
(Total so far: $350)

After I made the machine operational, and after some extensive searching, I acquired a very nice 5x10 trailer for $600~
(Total so far: $950)

Christmas following that, I got gifted (Yes, another gift, bear with me here) a surface cleaner worth $300
(Total so far: $1250)

The last major part was a generator, found at a pawn shop for $225
(Total so far: $1475)

And of course there's always those little extras that you can't do without, so we'll just add about $400 more to be safe ;)
(Total so far: $1875)

With all that said and done, I took some pictures, wrote out a detailed description, and put it up for $5000. I ended up waiting for about a month or two, but someone hit me up offering $4500, and after meeting, I came out with one less pressure washing rig, and $4500 more to my name!
Total profit: $2625

So, it obviously can be done, just with some hours invested, and some money thrown around!

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Anyone have any tips on how to add more value to what you're selling? I'm just starting and I've recently bought a PS2 (20$) from some guy that was desperately looking to get rid of it so I took it home, took some nice pictures, cleaned it, tried to write something decent when selling it online and posted it on facebook buy/sell groups (including video game groups for buy/sell) and I got no responses in days. I've priced it for 60$ which I thought was reasonably priced (according to ebay).

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

#Rookie

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
Here's a Craigslist > For Sale > Free to Facebook Marketplace arbitrage that has made my daughter $87 in one day. She's 19 and excited about not having to apply for a job because of it. Check it out! Costs nothing but time and gas:

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Pretty sure his name was grumpy cat. He asked for a self ban a few years ago after claiming to have become a millionaire.

Sounds like the moderators are very strict. He was banned for claiming to be a millionaire.:blank:

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA

Please SEARCH before posting.