The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Types of People You Need to Completely Avoid

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Chattogram, Bangladesh
You're The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With.
~Jim Rohn

Are you surrounded by a toxic environment?
7 kinds of people you need to avoid:
1. Gossipers
2. Jealous Haters
3. Time-Wasters
4. Money Grabbers
5. Over-Sensitive
6. Excuse-Makers
7. Miseducated

[I plagiarized this content from here:

7 Types Of People You Need To Avoid In Life | #5 Will Shock You. — Steemkr

Until I come clean with the moderators, do not like my posts.]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
Stop using stereotypes. It's a model very far from reality.

Almost anyone can help your situation in some way, you just have to find the way. Avoidance is not one.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Learn to deal better with people and your problem will fade.

The society is beautiful because it is varied.

You could always create your own society, the perfect one.

Once the patents have been created and you grant the license to use them.

You'll find yourself immediately those passive incomes you're looking for.

In this way you will have created a new stereotypical business model at Jim Rohn.

But it's fantastic.:cool:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Stop using stereotypes. It's a model very far from reality.

Almost anyone can help your situation in some way, you just have to find the way. Avoidance is not one.

Maybe, just because they can help doesn't mean they will.

What value add does a scammer bring?

I don't want to waste time and money trying to impress/network with someone who is trying to scam me.

What about somebody who is always distracting you and stopping you from executing? What if it is a toxic relationship? Is it better to say let's figure out how you can value add or to step away?

Learn to deal better with people .:cool:

What do you think I'm trying to do? I've read how to win friends and influence people and similar self help books on the topic. I've yet to find one that can well help me develop my bulls**t detector.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
Maybe, just because they can help doesn't mean they will.

What value add does a scammer bring?

I don't want to waste time and money trying to impress/network with someone who is trying to scam me.

What about somebody who is always distracting you and stopping you from executing? What if it is a toxic relationship? Is it better to say let's figure out how you can value add or to step away?
Always try to figure out how you can add value first and then, if it doesn't work out, step away.

More often than not, you're the only one that stops you from executing. Don't blame it on others.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Always try to figure out how you can add value first and then, if it doesn't work out, step away.

More often than not, you're the only one that stops you from executing. Don't blame it on others.

I'm not trying to blame it on others, I'm saying maybe stepping away from others is the best way to execute.

Okay so what's the way to add value to a disposed Nigerian Prince emailing me who has a large amount of money and just needs a small wire to get it out of the country who will then reward with me riches? /sarcasm Do you practise what you preach and always look to see if you can add value to those emails first? Or do you just click flag as spam?

Seriously though, always is a pretty strong word.I think there's probably an earlier step in there, and I need to figure out when I should step away. Maybe I'm spending too much time on this forum for example.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
drug users and boozers to

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
For me the only type of person you should actively avoid are naysayers.

They love to say no, they love to tell you why you and everyone else around them are wrong.

It's their buzz, their thrill, it's how they get their energy, before long they'll bring you down and without even realising it you'll start to believe their negativity.

I've ignored a few of them on this forum.

Stay away from the naysayers.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various

No, it's very important to first check if someone can provide you with value, before you provide it to them.
Giving value doesn't work out if the other person never had the ability to return it in the first place. That's wasteful, and we only have so many days on this planet.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
No, it's very important to first check if someone can provide you with value, before you provide it to them.
Giving value doesn't work out if the other person never had the ability to return it in the first place. That's wasteful, and we only have so many days on this planet.
I apply this mentality to strangers on the internet. Although, when I meet people face-to-face my default position is that they can give value one way or another. More often than not, that is true, I help them, they help me (now, in a few weeks or even a few years).

Yes, the risk is high but I believe in people. Even if they don't add value. If someone at least a little bit known, asks for my help and is reasonable enough, I will help (especially if it's just a one time only thing).

With all that said, being efficient and helping as many people as possible through constructing a business might be a reason to not help others personally.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
For me the only type of person you should actively avoid are naysayers.

They love to say no, they love to tell you why you and everyone else around them are wrong.

It's their buzz, their thrill, it's how they get their energy, before long they'll bring you down and without even realising it you'll start to believe their negativity.

I've ignored a few of them on this forum.

Stay away from the naysayers.
No

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
~Jim Rohn

1. Gossipers
2. Jealous Haters
3. Time-Wasters
4. Money Grabbers
5. Over-Sensitive
6. Excuse-Makers
7. Miseducated

The reason why you need to avoid these people, because they can be detrimental to your health and if you wanna live a healthy long life that you need to completely avoid
the people that I am about to discuss.

1. Gossips
The first person you need to avoid, are Gossips. People would talk about other
people. Those who criticize those who agonize, those who talk about other people
behind their backs. most likely if they’re talking about other people around you, they’re probably going to talk about you when you’re gone.

2. Jealous Haters
The second person to avoid, are Jealous Haters. Jealous Haters are basically people who wanna get in your way. Who really love you inside but they don’t know how to express it . A lot of them are going to devalue you. They’re going to say, you’re inadequate. They’re going to say, you’re just fluff, that you’re not enough.

3.Time Wasters
The third kind of person you need to avoid, are Time Wasters. Time Wasters come in many different forms. Some people like to ramble on about nonsense, and if they do,
you need to ask them to share the bottom line. Some people like to talk about things that aren’t important like celebrity gossips or sports or anything just to waste time.
what you need to do is, kindly show them love, let them know you have important things to do and that you will get to them at another time.

4. Money Grabbers
The fourth kind of person you should completely avoid, are Money Grabbers. People who run away when it’s time to pay the bill, people who keep on asking for things. people who just want to spend your money. How do you know who Money Grabber is? What I want you to do is, to pull
out your statements and ask yourself, who grab my money, am I buying things for people to help them, or am I just buying it because they are asking me. A lot of times Money Grabbers will ask for things that they don’t even need, and that’s how you know you’re dealing with a Money Grabber.

5. Over-Sensitive People
The fifth kind of person you should clearly avoid are Over-Sensitive People. People who come with so much emotional baggage people have 10,000 problems or more. How do you know if someone is an Over- Sensitive person? Usually you can tell when they’re very picky person. They’re
picky about there clothes, they’re picky about the conversation. They feel like they’re always attacked, They’re picky about everything they see, everything they do.

6. Excuse Makers
The sixth kind of person you want to avoid, are Excuse Makers. People that come out with excuses all the time, they’re always hungry, they’re always tired, they’re always bored, they’re always broke. They have millions of excuses and they never wanna take action because they want you to get caught up in the excuses.

7. Miseducated People
The seventh person you should avoid are
Miseducated people. Not uneducated people, Miseducated people. People who have the wrong ideas about what it takes you to become successful. Well like I said before there’s a lot of people who are highly educated. They’ve credentials, they’ve awards, degrees, they’ve all kinds of training, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they know exactly what you need to do to become successful. Some times you’ve got to watch out. sometimes there
are wolves in sheep clothing. This means they’re actually enemies disguised as friends.
Frenemies
They are frenemies. You have to watch out who they are, and understand who you are doing business with. There’s a lot of Miseducated People, See, you have to understand that some of them are educated, in sociacidal terms, but they
do not have common sense. Or they may not have wisdom or simple understanding. So you have to watch out for these people and not allow them to distract you from your greater purpose.

In Summary
You realize that a lot of times there’s no way you can avoid these people. But what’s best to do is to understand them. It is to be able to gather the intelligence necessary to make the wise choices with
the people that you interact with. Perhaps you have a lot of acquaintance, that you
consider allies, or allies, that should be
acquaintance. So, understand who you’re
dealing with, and try to gravity towards people that can help you to reach your
highest goals.
Copy & paste eh? https://steemkr.com/wafrica/@parami...you-need-to-avoid-in-life-or-5-will-shock-you

Vanesco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Oct 29, 2018
Yes, such people should be avoided, but 85% of people have at least one of the listed qualities. Then we can be completely without friends.

Areding

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 12, 2018
Even besides these all characteristics, there are people who are energetic vampires and whom one wants somehow to be avoid, because being next to them means putting oneself under stress.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018
~Jim Rohn

1. Gossipers
2. Jealous Haters
3. Time-Wasters
4. Money Grabbers
5. Over-Sensitive
6. Excuse-Makers
7. Miseducated

The reason why you need to avoid these people, because they can be detrimental to your health and if you wanna live a healthy long life that you need to completely avoid
the people that I am about to discuss.

1. Gossips
The first person you need to avoid, are Gossips. People would talk about other
people. Those who criticize those who agonize, those who talk about other people
behind their backs. most likely if they’re talking about other people around you, they’re probably going to talk about you when you’re gone.

2. Jealous Haters
The second person to avoid, are Jealous Haters. Jealous Haters are basically people who wanna get in your way. Who really love you inside but they don’t know how to express it . A lot of them are going to devalue you. They’re going to say, you’re inadequate. They’re going to say, you’re just fluff, that you’re not enough.

3.Time Wasters
The third kind of person you need to avoid, are Time Wasters. Time Wasters come in many different forms. Some people like to ramble on about nonsense, and if they do,
you need to ask them to share the bottom line. Some people like to talk about things that aren’t important like celebrity gossips or sports or anything just to waste time.
what you need to do is, kindly show them love, let them know you have important things to do and that you will get to them at another time.

4. Money Grabbers
The fourth kind of person you should completely avoid, are Money Grabbers. People who run away when it’s time to pay the bill, people who keep on asking for things. people who just want to spend your money. How do you know who Money Grabber is? What I want you to do is, to pull
out your statements and ask yourself, who grab my money, am I buying things for people to help them, or am I just buying it because they are asking me. A lot of times Money Grabbers will ask for things that they don’t even need, and that’s how you know you’re dealing with a Money Grabber.

5. Over-Sensitive People
The fifth kind of person you should clearly avoid are Over-Sensitive People. People who come with so much emotional baggage people have 10,000 problems or more. How do you know if someone is an Over- Sensitive person? Usually you can tell when they’re very picky person. They’re
picky about there clothes, they’re picky about the conversation. They feel like they’re always attacked, They’re picky about everything they see, everything they do.

6. Excuse Makers
The sixth kind of person you want to avoid, are Excuse Makers. People that come out with excuses all the time, they’re always hungry, they’re always tired, they’re always bored, they’re always broke. They have millions of excuses and they never wanna take action because they want you to get caught up in the excuses.

7. Miseducated People
The seventh person you should avoid are
Miseducated people. Not uneducated people, Miseducated people. People who have the wrong ideas about what it takes you to become successful. Well like I said before there’s a lot of people who are highly educated. They’ve credentials, they’ve awards, degrees, they’ve all kinds of training, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they know exactly what you need to do to become successful. Some times you’ve got to watch out. sometimes there
are wolves in sheep clothing. This means they’re actually enemies disguised as friends.
Frenemies
They are frenemies. You have to watch out who they are, and understand who you are doing business with. There’s a lot of Miseducated People, See, you have to understand that some of them are educated, in sociacidal terms, but they
do not have common sense. Or they may not have wisdom or simple understanding. So you have to watch out for these people and not allow them to distract you from your greater purpose.

In Summary
You realize that a lot of times there’s no way you can avoid these people. But what’s best to do is to understand them. It is to be able to gather the intelligence necessary to make the wise choices with
the people that you interact with. Perhaps you have a lot of acquaintance, that you
consider allies, or allies, that should be
acquaintance. So, understand who you’re
dealing with, and try to gravity towards people that can help you to reach your
highest goals.

Hi,

Good post.

How can we find the successful and positive people and be with them when you work virtually at your home?

There are no much opportunities to meet people.:(

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread edited, link credit provided.

Folks, "providing value" to the forum does not mean plagiarizing someone else's work and claiming it your own. It's a fast way to get banned around here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.