The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
@MTF That's great. It gives me more encouragement as a person who keeps having intrusive thoughts

Day 9 Complete

I'm becoming more aware about my mind leading my thoughts astray. The funny thing it's not the negative thoughts that disturb my practice. It's the alluring thoughts that cause me to go on a series of thoughts and emotions. Come to think of it, most if not all of my vices are coated in the illusion of happiness and avoidance, but that's not news for people in this forum.

I meditated while lying down again and my practice is much better this way. No more constant yawning or drowsiness. I just let some natural light in the room, use some essential oil from lemon (it's more gentle than rosemary and keeps me alert) and I can now let out farts without breaking stillness. I do need to stretch once or twice at this point though.

The thing that makes my session harder is the sudden muscle twitching from stored stress, trauma and whatever garbage I was holding all these years. I have no choice but to let it run its course.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 20

Good session

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 36
Ok session. I'm getting used to having my cat around while I meditate (I just got him on Friday which is why the last 2 days I was a bit distracted).

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Yeah, one hour every morning. Day 77 today. How about you?

Other than focusing on breath (and primarily nostrils as suggested by some practices) no changes in how I approach this.

The interesting thing is that I'm no longer struggling with falling asleep at all which was my issue for many sessions during the first 60 days. It seems it was a transitory period (or maybe other lifestyle changes helped). Also, my mind is much calmer during meditation on most days. It does seem as if the worst junk/thinking habits have disappeared indeed as Naval mentioned.

Reading this now to learn about different types of meditation (he covers a lot even though it's a short book):

Why Meditate?: Working with Thoughts and Emotions - Kindle edition by Ricard, Matthieu. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

The author has been called "the world's happiest man" because of the positive changes in his brain caused by extensive meditation.

Very interesting person - he has many books out and also videos on YouTube.
I have been meditating, but on average 20 minutes and experimenting with TM meditation at the moment.

I know him, I like his writing style maybe I will check that book out thanks!

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
Day 10 Complete

My head and chest kept pulsing for some reason, but I did not feel anxiety, at least not the bad kind.

I try to stay still as much as possible to calm my mind, but it is more difficult than I thought. I will do some self-hypnosis at the start of my session just to see if I can enter low Alpha brainwave.

It might be too early to say this, but I was getting short flashes of bliss and calmness at work today, even though I was feeling kind of stressful at some points. I will keep it up and see what happens.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 21

Poor sleep - poor session.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 36
Pretty good session.

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
Day 11 Complete

Mind is still jumping from one thought to another. I bring it back to the breath and then it happily hops to the next thought again. Maybe I should write a poem about that one day.

Biggest hurdle was the temperature of the room though. When I slept before having me meditation session, the temperature was perfect, so maybe I am releasing a lot of tension. Much more than I would like to admit to myself.

At some point, I did try self-hypnosis and it worked well until my body remembered to make me feel uncomfortably warm again.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 22

A much better session, slept better and it showed.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 37
The first half of the session went great, the second one not so much.

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
Day 12 Complete

Temperature was better, this time. During the first few minutes I did some self hypnosis and it helped me relax my body and my mind for a few minutes. I think I will keep repeating it until I managed to set an anchor to my breathing. I also start to get 'bored' of some thoughts like Naval mentioned, so I don't get sucked into them as much as before.

I'm still wrestling with a tiger, but I'm doing better each time.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
I missed this one and too tired to do it now. Counter goes back to day 1 tomorrow.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 38
A very peaceful session.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
I missed this one and too tired to do it now. Counter goes back to day 1 tomorrow.

Damn, you were doing so well.

By the way, that's why it's best to meditate in the morning. Sometimes if I have stuff to do in the morning, I even set up my alarm clock earlier so that I'll have a margin to meditate before everything else.

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
Day 13 Complete

I will also start meditating in the morning because of the temperature, not because of drowsiness. I pretty much took care of the jaw breaking yawns and having to lift a butt chick every time I wanted to let out a fart. What I need most now, is that delicious morning sunlight and the damn relaxing warmth that contrasts well with the cold in the morning. Plus my cortisol is higher in the morning so there is a higher chance of feeling a little bit chilly.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
By the way, that's why it's best to meditate in the morning. Sometimes if I have stuff to do in the morning, I even set up my alarm clock earlier so that I'll have a margin to meditate before everything else.
I made the mistake of pushing meditation to the bottom of my priority list, and its what caused me to run out of juice. Work is very busy so I expect that I will have to dedicate a few more early mornings to it, but I will be creating a strict morning schedule soon as the ad hoc requests stop coming in so much.

On the flipside, I'm not affected by having to start again. I would like meditation to become a permanent fixture in my life - so it doesn't bother me too much to have to reset the counter.

Day 1

A pleasant session that offered respite from a tough day.

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Aug 12, 2018
Day 22
I meditated late in the evening and I was afraid of falling asleep. The session went fine. I have got back pain form sitting in the meditation posture on the floor. Today I will add also some back exercises.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 39
I haven't slept that well for the past 3-4 days and it's starting to show in my meditation sessions. Mediocre session.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 2

Started getting sleepy in the second half, but good session otherwise.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 40
Ok session.

My cat came in and decided it was time to scratch and bite my hands when I was about 50 minutes in, so I had to stop to play with him for a couple of minutes. I resumed meditation right after he calmed down.

Even in sessions like the last 3-4 I can feel my mind is overall calmer. I still get distracted, but it's less..distracting? I can't explain it in words. Basically instead of having 500 thoughts pulling me everywhere, if I get distracted it's only 1 or 2 thoughts.

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
I forgot to post Day 14. It was bad anyways, because I was sleepy.

Day 15 was business as usual. Even had thoughts of compromise again, or giving up before my session is over. I'm still going, because I know that all of my life I got used to over thinking. I was practicing the opposite of that for decades, so it's unfair to quit.

P.S There was a difference in this last session, and that was having an urge to get up and do something all of a sudden. I got a bit of an adrenaline rush (but not tied to negative feelings like anxiety). I'm not sure how that surge of excitement surfaced, but it subsided eventually. Let's see what else I have (literally) in store for myself.

Last edited:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 3

Squeezed this one in during the UFC card in the UK, early am session that was surprisingly focused.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 41

I had a good night's sleep which in turn made the session great.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
Day 16 Complete

I was sleepy so I did an extra 20 minutes of meditation while sitting down. I just felt like doing it without forcing myself.

I noticed that I lost some tension on the upper part of my face. At first I was having a lot of tension on my forehead, even though I wasn't trying to focus. I was just trying to keep my face relaxed with an open spacious forehead.

I'm starting to get moments of clarity, meaning I can focus on my breath for a few seconds without drowning myself in in mind chatter. I experience less random muscle spasms, though I suspect this might increase or decrease depending on how the stored stress or trauma manifests.

Senses are sharper for a few moments throughout the session.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 4

Nice session, about to follow it up with some house cleaning which is usually another (oddly) meditative activity.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 42
Ok session. I was a bit distracted but had some nice moments of calm.

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 22, 2011
Day 17 Complete

Tension on my forehead has subsided significantly, I experience much less muscle twitching, and my body and face feel more relaxed overall. Hard to describe, but I feel a lot less agitation compared to a few days ago when I was negotiating with myself on whether or not I should quit or reduce my meditation time.

It's also easier to sleep. My mind still jumps on different trains of thought, but as stated earlier, I feel less agitation.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Day 17 Complete

Tension on my forehead has subsided significantly, I experience much less muscle twitching, and my body and face feel more relaxed overall. Hard to describe, but I feel a lot less agitation compared to a few days ago when I was negotiating with myself on whether or not I should quit or reduce my meditation time.

It's also easier to sleep. My mind still jumps on different trains of thought, but as stated earlier, I feel less agitation.

Love reading this. Great stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.