The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5k startup business

Bridoublet

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 30, 2019
Alabama
Just wondering about any ideas on what you would do with 5k. Wanting to start a small business, build it up to sell, and then use that money to start another business- eventually having enough to open a food truck business. I’ve been thinking about starting a snack shack at a kiosk in the mall, but unsure of it being profitable due to traffic and low profit margins. I’ve thought about buying gumball machines and setting those up in mall, low overhead, but might take months to break even for same reason. Have thought about buying a laser printer and opening an Etsy. I just graduated with my MBA and my mind has been racing- so the question to you is: if you had 5k to lose & someone said to start a business with it, what would you do? I appreciate the education.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Many people come here with the same question. You won't get an answer to it because everyone's different.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
A 50k food truck at 7% interest for five years is like $1000/mth.

Id go try and get a job on a food truck for a few months or so, save every penny you can to add to the 5k, soak up as much knowledge as you can about runing a truck, then go finance one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.