The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

4 months left - all or nothing

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Hey guys.

So apparently I am going to be broke in approximately 4 months. Not really, but I can't afford paying taxes anymore after 4 moths, so for me that's my deadline.

@Champion 's thread with execution of his e-mail marketing company was a huge inspiration for me to start posting, this time consistently.

Also @Tiago in his thread gave away some questions to think about them, and I came to some conclusions, which I am going to share right now. (Big thanks to both of you guys!)

I need to automate my process so that's what I am going to do.

First things first - sales funnels. I plan to do 3 of them:

1. for my cold email outreach
  2. for my own website
  3. for paid ads
I'll start with the first one.

So I want to keep it daily as same as @Champion did at the beginning so:

I didn't do much in the past week, but it is not the end of it yet so...

• I started going to the gym again - this one's awesome
  • I answered @Tiago 's questions - really helpful stuff
  • I really finally figured out how to properly get informed about legal stuff - like GDPR for example and how it affects my cold emailing
That's it for today, see you tomorrow

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Glad it was able to help you.

If you want more help from the forum, I encourage you to share here. People are incredibly willing to help if you put what you learn in action.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #2

Today I figured out that my plan of action was too vague. I need to have strict exact steps in my funnel.
There are some things that can be skipped but there also are some things that has to be polished as good as I can.

Things I did today:

• went to the gym (I love the feeling of sore muscles)
  • read some pages of the book that's helping me with figuring out my funnel
  • checked other guy's methods who is in the same industry - I got some useful information
That's basically that, see you tomorrow

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Glad it was able to help you.

If you want more help from the forum, I encourage you to share here. People are incredibly willing to help if you put what you learn in action.
I definitely will. Thank you once again.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not really, but I can't afford paying taxes anymore after 4 moths, so for me that's my deadline.

This makes no sense. Taxes is a function of income. If you have no income, you have no taxes.

If you earn $2000, the taxes aren't $2,500.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
This makes no sense. Taxes is a function of income. If you have no income, you have no taxes.

Maybe February is tax return time where they live and they can't afford to pay a balance owing?

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland

Hey, thanks for your responses guys!

Right now (for 6 months since the legal beginning of my company) I owe my country just something called compulsory health contribution. It's really inexpensive alone and it is good for the very beginning.

After that I have to pay this + smaller compulsory pension insurance. I have to do that for 2 years. It's 2.5 times the health contribution.

After that I have to pay compulsory health contribution + compulsory pension insurance. The second thing is too expensive with my income (which is 0 of my currency right now).

(I'm not sure if it's all 100% true but I tried my best to explain this)

And yes MJ, you are right - I used wrong term, sorry about that. We of course do pay taxes from the income, I just called those things taxes as well. I should start using proper words to things.

Maybe February is tax return time where they live and they can't afford to pay a balance owing?
I think it is April here in Poland, but I am still not sure. I should ask my accountant about that.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #3

So today I wasted most of my time. As I figured out from Tiago's questions - I should be planning my day. No excuses. Today I'll plan tomorrow.

The things I did today:

• read 90 pages of a book about mindset
  • read +/-60 pages of a book about sales funnels
The whole automation of the sales process thing is pretty cool, but it has to be done and prepared with an actual thought and effort. Obvious stuff, but still - it is worth it.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #4

Okay, so I figured out planning things like - 3 hours of work on X - will is not a good way for me to plan things.
I find giving myself a bit of harsh deadline for things (like - find a great design idea in 1 hour) is much more engaging to me.
So no to planning in hours of work, yes to planning in specific things with a bit difficult deadline.

Things I did today:

• read the rest of the book about sales funnels,
  • started to actually do stuff from the book - this is a great one, can't wait for the next step
That's it, see you tomorrow

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #5

So today was the day of work. I took some side hustle just to earn sth so I can't be poor that fast + in that job I do a lot of cold calls so that's a sales training for me as well.

Also - my past client asked me if I can run his fb page once again, because the new guys isn't reactive as I am or something.
It's not really what I do now, but right now I have no clients, so every penny counts. + I have to think about some recurring payments as well and that's really my chance.

On the other hand I know this guy and he is really careful with money and if he can negotiate less - he will do this for sure. Did this 2 times for me, but no more. I have to prepare myself for those negotiations, because I don't want to do something for way too less money.

Things I did today are the following:

• went to the job - hurray (that is a great reminder why I don't want to have "a job")
  • searched some info about prices of social agencies these days
  • I did an exercise from the book so tomorrow I can make my offer crystal clear and irresistible
  • found a great e-book about building effective websites

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #6

So I figured out I can do a probing/sales call with the guy so I can know if he needs something more. I know that money isn't problem for him. There is more power on my side as well because new restaurant is opening soon... I can offer him some simple SEO or e-mail marketing just to try this out (outside of my old services). He can really be my first real client. That's amazing. With this mindset I am no more afraid to speak with him.

...talking about the mindset - I noticed that what I said yesterday:

"I took some side hustle just to earn sth so I can't be poor that fast"
Is really a bad way of looking at things. In my head I'm going to be broke sooner or later.

From now on I erase that from my mind. From now on I am focused on actually giving value to other people. Period.

Okay. Things I did today:

• went to the side-hustle work (5 hours, nothing crazy)
  • I learned a lot about how voice is important in sales through phone especially, also I learned about how each variable of my voice is important for the sale; How I use my voice is really important here
  • I worked on my mindset in sales (I learn if the person I'm calling to is the right prospect, not the other way around)

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #7

I had my first sales/probe call on my services. That felt amazing.
So the guy really said yes to everything I offered him, and really praised my past work with him. Told me exactly why he wants this handled and why he specifically wants me to handle it. I offered him SEO and e-mail marketing as well and he said that he is a yes-man, because everything I was advising him in the past was working. Let's go!

I didn't close him yet though. In the past I worked for him for almost free. I'll propose tomorrow or the day after tomorrow the prices of each service and give him some price points/packages. Let's see how it'll work.

In the future I should really frame it as an investment, really show the value of it and have a better structure and preparation of the whole call.

Things I did today:

• first sales/probing call (woohoo!)
  • learned a lot about following up and closing a prospect
  • read some pages of the book about mindset
That's it, see you tomorrow

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #8

I almost forgot to write here today.
I will send him a proposal tomorrow. I think I'll send it with a video. Right now I would rather be on the call with him and then send him the proposal, but I already told him I will send him an email, so I'll try to make my best so he can feel like I'll be with him at the time.

The price will be x10 higher of the old price, but right now I am totally more experienced and I'll do him a lot more - more posts of better quality, SEO and e-mail marketing.

I'll present him 3 different price points of the main service, prices of those 2 additional services and the ultimate price points - all included + bonuses and the price of it will be less than the overall sum of each price.

The price is really, really fair. I really don't want to negotiate that price, but I'll probably has to give him it a little bit higher at the beginning, so we can meet at the point where I want.

I need to really frame this to him as an investment. Show him that it solves his problems (which I discovered in the probe call) and even more.

Man, it'll be awesome.

Also - I need to make sure that the taxes in those prices work as I want them to work.

Things I did today:

• I really dived in into my market - they fears, dreams, words they use etc.
  • I thought about the prices for the guy.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #9

I sent him a nice proposal. It was as good written as I can right now.
He called me a couple of hours later.

For the first 15 minutes I almost didn't say a word. He just wanted me to clarify if the price is going to be for all 3 months or per month. I clarified that it is per month.

He started his dance. He was telling me that the price is a lot to him right now. He isn't sure of the results. All this crap. Deep in his heart he was begging me to push him a little bit to make a decision.

He wasn't saying that it is absolutely too much and there is no way he can make this. He told me I think like two times that he isn't sure about that and that he will need to think about it. I was there just to listen.

That was happening for the first 15 minutes. Then I decided to speak. Right there he fooled me. I really thought it is too much for him. I told him I understand him and that's okay, that we can work with less services, therefore the price will be lower.

Right then the tension was relieved.

Just after all that I knew I've made a big mistake. Of course I couldn't guarantee any results. But he didn't ask for them. He asked me to push him a little.

You know, like when you are in the bar, and there is a super hot girl and you need a little push from your friend to talk to her.

I thought that selling to him will be unethical, because I know him (I mean, I know him personally).

No.

I had him on the plate. Now I see it - he begged me just to push him a little. He really had a hope that it is going to be useful.

It's my fault. I wasn't sure that it is going to work.

If I am not going to believe in my services... who's gonna?

Man, I really feel the failure.

The best thing - I have recorded all of it. I will listen to this to remember what I shouldn't do.

Maybe it's not a failure after all - now I know one more thing about a mindset. I am one mistake smarter.

And hey - a friend of mine told sb in need of a digital marketer about me. Now I am sure that I can help them. 100%.

Things I did today:

• had a workout
  • had my first sales call of my services (there are going to be better ones for sure)
  • dived once again to know my market better
That's it for today, see you tomorrow.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #10

Some thoughts:
Everything is so time consuming. Working without focus is such a waste of time. It's not even a choice right now - there is just no other way. I just have to work in focus. In silence. Without distractions. Deeply focused on what I want to achieve.

I can't let other people dictate how I work and how I live. If I want to have rules in my life - I have to make some. I can't expect it from anyone but myself.

Things I did today:

• went to the side hustle job
  • read some really interesting threads here
  • learned about spying on your competitors online

Hitch-hiker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 23, 2019
Poland
Hi!
How do you generate leads for cold emailing? I made a scrapping tool which could help you and I could give it to you for free.
BTW. I'm from Poland

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Hey Nevo,

I was doing it manually by writing business niches in google maps and finding them locally, but I realized it can be questionable from GDPR (RODO in polish) standpoint.

I have found some info on the Internet and I didn't found like the exact answer, but I found a list from least questionable source to the most questionable source and there are I think something like 10 of them.

In general - the best are like business cards that are given by the owners of the company, but looking for their contact details from government lists is probably fine as well (don't hold me accountable, that's why I used there word PROBABLY).

That's awesome - yes, sure, if you want to - why not? Just - yet again - be careful with GDPR.

Hey, that's cool! Good to know! What's your voivodeship?

Hitch-hiker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 23, 2019
Poland
Isn't GDPR (RODO) related only to personal data?

In my opinion if you are collecting firms data which doesn't include personal emails and phones then it's totally okay - correct me if I'm wrong.
(I'm not a lawyer and my knowledge is based on internet - i.e. Czy dane przedsiębiorcy podlegają ochronie?)
In this case if you are contacting company by its phone number or email it should be fine to offer them to buy your services, right?

I'm from Warsaw, how about you?

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Isn't GDPR (RODO) related only to personal data?

In my opinion if you are collecting firms data which doesn't include personal emails and phones then it's totally okay - correct me if I'm wrong.
(I'm not a lawyer and my knowledge is based on internet - i.e. Czy dane przedsiębiorcy podlegają ochronie?)
In this case if you are contacting company by its phone number or email it should be fine to offer them to buy your services, right?

I'm from Warsaw, how about you?
It is, but you need to be ready to explain why would you think sb would really need your services. And it is not as easy as it seems, as least that's what I've got through my research.

Also - there are other polish laws that aren't helping with cold outreach. It's not impossible, but it definitely is not that easy and you have to be careful.

Another thing - is sending offers to non-personal emails worth it? Will the decision maker ever see your message this way?

That's great man, I'm from Bydgoszcz.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #11

Today was my rest day, but I don't feel well rested. It's like when I work I am not that efficient with it and when I rest I am not that efficient with it either.

Things I did today:

• got a workout
  • got more information about studying your market
  • read some more pages about mindset

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #12

Another day of just regenerating. I don't want to get into specifics right now, but I have a wrong approach and I will change it.

I know there are not too much of analysis but don't worry - I'm just consuming everything in my mind so it can be more effective later. Be patient.

Things I did today:

• learned about making a much more compelling offer
  • learned some things about mindset

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #13

There is never really a good time to not work at your business. It's like planning a baby - there is never a good time for that. But it appears to be true - success is 80% mindset. At least it looks logical to me.

That's why I am focusing on my mindset right now.

Get those things right and the rest will be much more easier. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

You can hustle without any clear plan, but there really are much more effective strategies - just do things mindfully.

On one hand you can say that I don't need that, that the most important thing is to actually just do what I know I should. Sacrificing a bit of my time in this way is just an investment.

As Abraham Lincoln said:

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree, I would spend the first 45 minutes sharpening my axe.” – Abraham Lincoln.

Things I did today:
  • learned so much things about mindset: mental systems, prioritization, goals...

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #14

I do everything half focused. Executing or resting - I am not in the moment either way. I know why it is happening - I am stressed out because an outcome of my actions is still unknown to me. I have no idea if my plans are going to work or not. That's why I sabotage my actions through not being fully focused and present.

Same with my additional job in sales - I was supposed to just learn basics of sales there, but now I see that my manager won't help me develop the skills I want to develop. I rationalize to myself that I am at the job because I need money, but to be honest - I will gain maybe like 1 more month of life for my company while wasting a lot of valuable time that I could use to actually develop the company and myself.

Bad news - the guy I didn't close is probably lost. I'll make sure of that tomorrow.
Good news - there is another guy that I made him a website for free. The guy directed to me a potential prospect. The prospect knows what he wants and he wants it fast. That is what I specialize myself in.

Things I did today:

• learned a lot about focus and deep work
  • scheduled a probing/sales call with a prospect

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I’m sure you have thought of this?

Why not close the company?

Focus on getting clients, improve your service, get paying clients and then incorporate?

If I had to incorporate for every idea that passes my mind I’d be known as
The Guy with the Most Businesses and 0 Revenue

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
I’m sure you have thought of this?

Why not close the company?

Focus on getting clients, improve your service, get paying clients and then incorporate?

If I had to incorporate for every idea that passes my mind I’d be known as
The Guy with the Most Businesses and 0 Revenue
Hey @woken

So basically as far as I am concerned right now I am using "first-time opening a company" tax relief. I mean the obligatory payments I mentioned earlier when I was answering to MJ's comment. Once it is used you cannot reuse it. And I am sure of that 95% but I'll make sure if it's true tomorrow.

I opened the company to motivate myself, and it helped but right now I know it was a mistake.

You are right of course - I should focus on getting clients and improving my service first. It was just a silly mistake but I am glad I made it. I cannot change it so the whole "all or nothing" approach is even more motivating right now.

@woken I have a question right now - how do you get the "speedway pass" badge?

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #15

One thing that totally improved my efficiency by at least 1000% is...

...here it comes...

...pomodoro technique!

The percentage is exaggeration of course but the thing really did help me today. I can't get the exact number of hours I worked in total focus, because the app I used today was buggy, but it is probably above 5 hours.

5 HOURS OF DEEP WORK.

Can you imagine?

Yesterday I was exhausting myself with half-living, today I found one little trick that totally helped me to get more done much faster. And not just 'get done'. Get done with a passion and deep focus on the problems I had to solve.

That is amazing, I should do what @Champion was doing for months much, much faster - just counting pomodoro sessions each day.

Although my mind wants to start doing longer sessions from the very beginning (right now I do 25/5) I know I have to go slowly.

If you do not use this technique - just try this. It is INCREDIBLE.

Things I did today:

• learned a lot about selling in general, writing a killer sales copy, awareness stages of prospects and how it affects your message, different kinds of selling funnels...
  • started using POMODORO TECHNIQUE.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
@woken I have a question right now - how do you get the "speedway pass" badge
Well once you get in the fastlane the forum magically makes it appear there :rofl:

The forum has a paid private section called Fastlaner INSIDERS.

That is also a badge, which I see now I am missing because I did not renew it. Ha, so that’s why all the ads. I did not know what was going on .

Coming back to the subject, you get a speedway pass when you have 100/200 likes ( not sure which)

Now my question for you :)

Did you have a tomato for every break you took? :rofl:

Just kidding.. remember, have fun when learning.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
@woken - what a joker :D

I know about the INSIDERS - I was a contributor once.

Okay, I see - thank you for your answer!

Haha, thank you! Sure I will

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Day #16

I wasn't expecting sales funnels to be that complicated. I will figure them out.

I had a sales/probe call with a prospect today and he noticed my lack of confidence and took control of the whole conversation.
I really don't believe that I actually can help people. I will change my belief of that.

I cannot tell how many pomodoro sessions I had - I will use some other app for that.

Anyway - it wasn't my best day. I need to get back on the track.

Things I did today:

• learned a lot about sales funnels and software to use
  • had a sales/probe call with a prospect
That's it for today. See you tomorrow

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content